Wage Dynamics In A Structural Time Series Model For Luxembourg
This paper examines the relationships between monetary wage and its theoretical explanatory variables using a Structural Time Series (STS) model in order to take into account the unobserved components (trend, cycle, seasonal and irregular) of wage. Theoretically, the monetary wage is negatively related to labor productivity and unemployment rate but positively to the consumer price index and foreign prices. Our empirical results for a small open economy as Luxembourg indicate that the wage is positively related to the consumer price index and foreign prices as predicted by the theory, but the labor productivity and unemployment rate are not significant in the explanation of wages dynamics in the Luxembourg economy.
Volume (Year): 5 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manning, Alan, 1993.
"Wage Bargaining and the Phillips Curve: The Identification and Specification of Aggregate Wage Equations,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(416), pages 98-118, January.
- Alan Manning, 1992. "Wage Bargaining and the Phillips Curve: The Identification and Specification of Aggregate Wage Equations," CEP Discussion Papers dp0062, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, 1987. "Monopolistic Competition and the Effects of Aggregate Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 647-666, September.
- Lockwood, Ben & Manning, Alan, 1993. "Wage setting and the tax system theory and evidence for the United Kingdom," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-29, August.
- Nymoen, Ragnar & Rodseth, Asbjorn, 2003. "Explaining unemployment: some lessons from Nordic wage formation," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Thórarinn G. Pétursson & Torsten Sløk, 2001. "Wage formation and employment in a cointegrated VAR model," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 4(2), pages 1-2. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:ijaeqs:v:5:y2008:i:2_2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.