The Incidence Of Public Spending On Economic Growth
The size of government expenditures and its effect on long-run economic growth, and vice versa, has been an issue of sustained interest for decades. Many studies have analyzed how government expenditures contribute to economic growth. However, they focused on the impact of total government expenditures and overall GDP growth. Very few studies attempted to link different types of government spending to growth, and even fewer attempted to analyze the impact of government spending at the sector level.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Roberto Perotti & Fabio Schiantarelli, 1999.
"Fiscal Policy, Profits, and Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
7207, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schiantarelli, Fabio & Perotti, Roberto & Ardagna, Silvia & Alesina, Alberto, 2002. "Fiscal Policy, Profits, and Investment," Scholarly Articles 4685103, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Ardagna, Silvia & Perotti, Roberto & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 1999. "Fiscal Policy, Profits and Investment," CEPR Discussion Papers 2250, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Roberto Perotti & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2000. "Fiscal Policy, Profits, and Investment," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 504, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Fölster, Stefan & Henrekson, Magnus, 1998.
"Growth Effects of Government Expenditure and Taxation in Rich Countries,"
Working Paper Series
503, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 20 Jun 2000.
- Folster, Stefan & Henrekson, Magnus, 2001. "Growth effects of government expenditure and taxation in rich countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1501-1520, August.
- Fölster, Stefan & Henrekson, Magnus, 2000. "Growth Effects of Government Expenditure and Taxation in Rich Countries," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 391, Stockholm School of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dug:journl:y:2008:i:1:p:65-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Nuta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.