La contingence des systèmes de mesure de la performance : les résultats d’une recherche empirique sur le secteur des PME
(VF)À partir des résultats d’une enquête réalisée auprès de 83 entreprises, cet article montre que les systèmes de mesure de la performance des PME n’adoptent pas, dans la majorité des cas, la structure «équilibrée» du Balanced Scorecard. La mesure de la performance tend à devenir plus «équilibrée» lorsque la taille de l’entreprise augmente et lorsque l’ environnement organisationnel est complexe et incertain.(VA) This article contains empirical evidence based on a postal survey of 83 firms, and shows that, in small and medium-size business, performance measurement systems do not usually apply the balanced scorecard framework. Increasing firm size as well as environmental complexity and uncertainty are identified as factors which tend to foster a more balanced approach.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chapman, Christopher S., 1997. "Reflections on a contingent view of accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 189-205, February.
- Gordon, Lawrence A. & Miller, Danny, 1976. "A contingency framework for the design of accounting information systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 59-69, January.
- Michel Gervais & Gervais Thenet, 1998. "Planification, gestion budgétaire et turbulence," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 1(3), pages 57-84, September.
- Macintosh, Norman B., 1981. "A contextual model of information systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 39-52, January.
- repec:bla:joares:v:13:y:1975:i:2:p:177-203 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gordon, Lawrence A. & Narayanan, V. K., 1984. "Management accounting systems, perceived environmental uncertainty and organization structure: An empirical investigation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 33-47, January.
- Nicolas Berland, 2000. "Fonctions Du Controle Budgetaire Et Turbulence," Post-Print halshs-00587426, HAL.
- Chenhall, Robert H., 2003. "Management control systems design within its organizational context: findings from contingency-based research and directions for the future," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 127-168.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dij:revfcs:v:7:y:2004:i:q1:p:33-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gérard Charreaux)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.