Globalisation de la R&D et mécanismes de coordination: le rôle des groupes de projets dans l'intégration d'activités multinationales
This article deals with the question of the functioning and impact of mechanisms of coordination in the international organization of the R&D activity. It is based on surveys carried out into seven European and American MNCs in three sectors. The present movement of decentralization of R&D abroad fosters the firms to use more and more hybrid mechanisms as project groups. The MNCs try to integrate highly differentiated activities. Today, this capacity of coordination is largely based on standardization of results and work procedures.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gerybadze, Alexander & Reger, Guido, 1999. "Globalization of R&D: recent changes in the management of innovation in transnational corporations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 251-274, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6692 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Genthon, 1998. "Innovation et changements structurels : l'exemple de l'industrie informatique," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 85(1), pages 31-48.
- Ariel Mendez & Pierre Béret & Claude Paraponaris & Nadine Richez-Battesti, 2000. "Globalisation de la R&D dans les firmes multinationales en Europe : vers quels modèles de gestion des ressources humaines," Working Papers halshs-00005802, HAL.
- Ikujiro Nonaka, 1994. "A Dynamic Theory of Organizational Knowledge Creation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 14-37, February.
- Isabelle Huault, 1998. "Le management international," Post-Print halshs-00671792, HAL.
- José Allouche & Isabelle Huault, 1998. "Contrôle, coordination et régulation:les nouvelles formes organisationnelles," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 1(2), pages 5-31, June.
- Pari Patel & Keith Pavitt, 1991. "Large Firms in the Production of the World’s Technology: An Important Case of “Non-Globalisation”," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/632 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dij:revfcs:v:4:y:2001:i:q4:p:85-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gérard Charreaux)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.