Strategic Considerations, the Pecking Order Hypothesis, and Market Reactions to Equity Financing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1986. "Large Shareholders and Corporate Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 461-488, June.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1988. "Corporate control contests and capital structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 55-86, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Jong, Abe & Veld, Chris, 2001.
"An empirical analysis of incremental capital structure decisions under managerial entrenchment,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1857-1895, October.
- de Jong, A. & Veld, C.H., 1998. "An Empirical Analysis of Incremental Capital Structure Decisions Under Managerial Entrenchment," Discussion Paper 1998-83, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Marisetty, Vijaya B. & Marsden, Alastair & Veeraraghavan, Madhu, 2008. "Price reaction to rights issues in the Indian capital market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, pages 316-340.
- Dutordoir, Marie & Li, Hui & Liu, Frank Hong & Verwijmeren, Patrick, 2016. "Convertible bond announcement effects: Why is Japan different?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 76-92.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marsden, Alastair, 2000. "Shareholder wealth effects of rights issues: Evidence from the New Zealand capital market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, pages 419-442.
- Drobetz, Wolfgang & Grüninger, Matthias C. & Hirschvogl, Simone, 2010. "Information asymmetry and the value of cash," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2168-2184, September.
- Miglo, Anton, 2012. "Multi-stage investment, long-term asymmetric information and equity issues," MPRA Paper 46692, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Whited, Toni M., 2011. "Capital structure dynamics and transitory debt," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 235-261, February.
- Miglo, Anton, 2017. "Timing of earnings and capital structure," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1-15.
- de Jong, A., 1999. "An empirical analysis of capital structure decisions in Dutch firms," Other publications TiSEM b9498b3e-2937-4e4c-b951-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Andrikopoulos, Andreas, 2015. "Truth and financial economics: A review and assessment," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 186-195.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Rubalcava, Arturo, 2004. "Valuation effects of domestic and international seasoned equity offerings by Canadian cross-listed firms," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, pages 171-186.
- Gregoire, Philippe & Huang, Hui, 2008. "Informed trading, noise trading and the cost of equity," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 13-32.
- Autore, Don M. & Kovacs, Tunde, 2010. "Equity issues and temporal variation in information asymmetry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 12-23, January.
- Ryen, Glen T. & Vasconcellos, Geraldo M. & Kish, Richard J., 1997. "Capital structure decisions: What have we learned?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 41-50.
- Laarni Bulan & Zhipeng Yan, 2010. "Firm Maturity and the Pecking Order Theory," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 9(3), pages 179-200, December.
- Jung, Kooyul & Yong-Cheol, Kim & Stulz, Rene M., 1996. "Timing, investment opportunities, managerial discretion, and the security issue decision," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 159-185, October.
- Iris Claus & Veronica Jacobsen & Brock Jera, 2004. "Financial Systems and Economic Growth: An Evaluation Framework for Policy," Treasury Working Paper Series 04/17, New Zealand Treasury.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:28:y:1993:i:02:p:213-234_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.