Institutions and the Path to the Modern Economy: Lessons from Medieval Trade. By Avner Greif. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006. Pp. xix, 503. $34.99, paper
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 66 (2006)
Issue (Month): 04 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cambridge University Press, UPH, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 8BS UK|
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH
- Shingo Ishiguro, 2011. "Relationships and Growth," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 11-31, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Loren Brandt & Debin Ma & Thomas G. Rawski, 2014.
"From Divergence to Convergence: Reevaluating the History behind China's Economic Boom,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 52(1), pages 45-123, March.
- Brandt, Loren & Ma, Debin & Rawski, Thomas G., 2012. "From divergence to convergence: re-evaluating the history behind China’s economic boom," Economic History Working Papers 41660, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Brandt, Loren & Ma, Debin & Rawski, Thomas, 2013. "From Divergence to Convergence: Re-evaluating the History Behind China’s Economic Boom," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 117, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Loren Brandt & Debin Ma & Thomas G. Rawski, 2012. "From Divergence to Convergence: Re-evaluating the History Behind China's Economic Boom," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd11-217, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Brandt, Loren & Ma, Debin & Rawski, Thomas G., 2013. "From divergence to convergence: re-evaluating the history behind China’s economic boom," Economic History Working Papers 50816, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Moene, Karl Ove & Robinson, James A., 2010. "Governance and Development," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Adrien de Hauteclocque & Yannick Perez, 2011. "Law & Economics Perspectives on Electricity Regulation," RSCAS Working Papers 2011/21, European University Institute.
- Broadberry,Stephen; Ghosal, Sayantan; Proto, Eugenio, 2011.
"Is Anonymity the Missing Link Between Commercial and Industrial Revolution?,"
CAGE Online Working Paper Series
54, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Broadberry, Stephen & Ghosal, Sayantan & Proto, Eugenio, 2011. "Is Anonymity the Missing Link Between Commercial and Industrial Revolution?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 974, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Greif, Avner, 2008.
"Contract enforcement and institutions among the Maghribi Traders: Refuting Edwards and Ogilvie,"
9610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Avner Greif, 2008. "Contract Enforcement and Institutions among the Maghribi Traders: Refuting Edwards and Ogilvie," Discussion Papers 08-018, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Avner Greif, 2008. "Contract Enforcement and Institutions among the Maghribi Traders: Refuting Edwards and Ogilvie," CESifo Working Paper Series 2350, CESifo Group Munich.
- Libman, Alexander, 2009. "Models of market integration in Central Asia – comparative performance," MPRA Paper 17510, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Neil McCulloch & Edmund Malesky, 2011. "Does better local governance improve district growth performance in Indonesia?," Working Paper Series 1711, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Rubin, Jared, 2014. "Centralized institutions and cascades," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 340-357.
- Shu Yu & Jakob de Haan & Sjoerd Beugelsdijk, 2011. "Trade, Trust and Institutions," CESifo Working Paper Series 3571, CESifo Group Munich.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2006. "Whither Japan's Corporate Governance?," Discussion Papers 05-014, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Pokrivčák, Ján & Kancs, D'Artis, 2012. "The Rise and Fall of Enforcement Institutions: An Example of Religion and Secularism," European Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 233-251, May.
- Pavel Ciaian & Jan Pokrivcak & d'Artis Kancs, 2011. "The Rise and Fall of Enforcement Institutions: An Example of Religion and Secularism," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2011_14, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Min-Dong Lee, 2011. "Configuration of External Influences: The Combined Effects of Institutions and Stakeholders on Corporate Social Responsibility Strategies," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 102(2), pages 281-298, August.
- Libman, Alexander, 2008. "Informal regionalism in Central Asia: subnational and international levels," MPRA Paper 26417, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:66:y:2006:i:04:p:1080-1081_21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed