Ressources non-renouvelables, impatience et effort optimal de recherche-développement
We show how the exhaustion constraint of non renewable resources, against which maintaining a minimum level of consumption may collapse in the long run, could be relaxed by an appropriate effort in R?D. However along any optimal trajectory of the economy, this effort has to be made if and only if the productivity in the research sector is high enough compared with the impatience. We show that, in the case of strong impatience, the society must choose an increasing R?D effort but initially low, resulting in a long run decrease of the consumption level.
Volume (Year): 114 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-politique.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992.
"A Model of Growth through Creative Destruction,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 323-51, March.
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1990. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," NBER Working Papers 3223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8904, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Working papers 527, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1990. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," DELTA Working Papers 90-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Scholarly Articles 12490578, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- André Grimaud, 2000. "Ressources naturelles et croissance endogène dans un modèle à biens horizontalement différenciés," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 143(2), pages 213-226.
- Edward Barbier, 1999. "Endogenous Growth and Natural Resource Scarcity," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(1), pages 51-74, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:repdal:redp_143_0393. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.