Profit-Maximizing Sale of a Discrete Public Good via the Subscription Game in Private-Information Environments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Satterthwaite, Mark A. & Williams, Steven R., 1989. "Bilateral trade with the sealed bid k-double auction: Existence and efficiency," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 107-133, June.
- Alboth, Dirk & Lerner, Anat & Shalev, Jonathan, 2001.
" Profit Maximizing in Auctions of Public Goods,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 3(4), pages 501-525.
- Dirk Alboth & Anat Lerner & Jonathan Shalev, 1997. "Profit Maximizing in Auctions of Public Goods," Game Theory and Information 9707010, EconWPA, revised 01 Apr 1998.
- ALBOTH, Dirk & LERNER, Anat & SHALEV, Jonathan, 1998. "Profit maximizing in auctions of public goods," CORE Discussion Papers 1998017, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- ALBOTH, Dirk & LERNER, Anat & SHALEV, Jonathan, 2001. "Profit maximizing in auctions of public goods," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1596, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Didier Laussel & Thomas R. Palfrey, 2003. "Efficient Equilibria in the Voluntary Contributions Mechanism with Private Information," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 5(3), pages 449-478, July.
- Spencer, Michael A. & Swallow, Stephen K. & Shogren, Jason F. & List, John A., 2009.
"Rebate rules in threshold public good provision,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(5-6), pages 798-806, June.
- John List & Jason Shogren & Michael Spencer & Stephen Swallow, 2008. "Rebate Rules in Threshold Public Good Provision," Artefactual Field Experiments 00476, The Field Experiments Website.
- Michael A. Spencer & Stephen K. Swallow & Jason F. Shogren & John A. List, 2008. "Rebate Rules in Threshold Public Good Provision," NBER Working Papers 14559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bagnoli, Mark & McKee, Michael, 1991. "Voluntary Contribution Games: Efficient Private Provision of Public Goods," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(2), pages 351-366, April.
- Bag, Parimal Kanti & Winter, Eyal, 1999. "Simple Subscription Mechanisms for Excludable Public Goods," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 72-94, July.
- Anat R. Admati & Motty Perry, 1991. "Joint Projects without Commitment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 259-276.
- Cornelli, Francesca, 1996. "Optimal Selling Procedures with Fixed Costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 1-30, October.
- Varian, Hal R., 1994. "Sequential contributions to public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Mark Bagnoli & Barton L. Lipman, 1989. "Provision of Public Goods: Fully Implementing the Core through Private Contributions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 583-601.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1981. "Optimal Auction Design," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 58-73, February.
- Stefano Barbieri & David Malueg, 2008. "Private provision of a discrete public good: efficient equilibria in the private-information contribution game," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 37(1), pages 51-80, October.
- Menezes, Flavio M. & Monteiro, Paulo K. & Temimi, Akram, 2001. "Private provision of discrete public goods with incomplete information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 493-514, July.
- Stefano Barbieri & David A. Malueg, 2008. "Private Provision of a Discrete Public Good: Continuous-Strategy Equilibria in the Private-Information Subscription Game," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 10(4), pages 529-545, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthew Ellman & Sjaak Hurkens, 2014. "Optimal Crowdfunding Design," Working Papers 14-21, NET Institute.
- Roland Strausz, 2017.
"A Theory of Crowdfunding: A Mechanism Design Approach with Demand Uncertainty and Moral Hazard,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 107(6), pages 1430-1476, June.
- Roland, Strausz, 2015. "A Theory of Crowdfunding - a mechanism design approach with demand uncertainty and moral hazard," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 527, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Roland Strausz, 2016. "A Theory of Crowdfunding - A Mechanism Design Approach with Demand Uncertainty and Moral Hazard," CESifo Working Paper Series 6100, CESifo Group Munich.
- Strausz, Roland, 2016. "A Theory of Crowdfunding - a mechanism design approach with demand uncertainty and moral hazard," CEPR Discussion Papers 11222, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zhi Li & Christopher Anderson & Stephen K. Swallow, 2012. "Uniform Price Mechanisms for Threshold Public Goods Provision: An Experimental Investigation," Working Papers 14, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Murat Yilmaz, 2010. "Auctioning a Discrete Public Good under Incomplete Information," Working Papers 2010/14, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Ahmet Altiok & Murat Yilmaz, 2014. "Dynamic Voluntary Contribution to a Public Project under Time-Inconsistency," Working Papers 2014/08, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:145:y:2018:i:c:p:114-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Zhi & Anderson, Christopher M. & Swallow, Stephen K., 2016. "Uniform price mechanisms for threshold public goods provision with complete information: An experimental investigation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 14-26.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:bejtec:v:10:y:2010:i:1:n:5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.