Macroprudential policy at the Bank of England
A vital element of recent reforms to the UK architecture of financial regulation is the creation of a macroprudential authority at the Bank of England — the Financial Policy Committee (FPC). This article explains the role and powers of the FPC in relation to risks that threaten the resilience of the UK financial system as a whole. It also describes some of the processes supporting the new committee.
Volume (Year): 53 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Publications Group Bank of England Threadneedle Street London EC2R 8AH|
Phone: +44 (0)171 601 4030
Fax: +44 (0)171 601 5196
Web page: http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hills, Robert & Hoggarth, Glenn, 2013. "Cross-border bank credit and global financial stability," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 53(2), pages 126-136.
- Button, Richard & Pezzini, Silvia & Rossiter, Neil, 2010. "Understanding the price of new lending to households," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 50(3), pages 172-182.
- Murphy, Emma & Senior, Stephen, 2013. "Changes to the Bank of England," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 53(1), pages 20-28.
- Farag, Marc & Harland , Damian & Nixon, Dan, 2013. "Bank capital and liquidity," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 53(3), pages 201-215.
- Bailey, Andrew & Breeden, Sarah & Stevens, Gregory, 2012. "The Prudential Regulation Authority," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 52(4), pages 354-362.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:qbullt:0109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Group)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.