Acculturation in Context: Gender, Age at Migration, Neighborhood Ethnicity, and Health Behaviors
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Datta, Geetanjali Dabral & Subramanian, S.V. & Colditz, Graham A. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Palmer, Julie R. & Rosenberg, Lynn, 2006. "Individual, neighborhood, and state-level predictors of smoking among US Black women: A multilevel analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 1034-1044, August.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2002:92:3:428-436_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2001:91:9:1424-1430_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Weden, Margaret M & Astone, Nan M & Bishai, David, 2006. "Racial, ethnic, and gender differences in smoking cessation associated with employment and joblessness through young adulthood in the US," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 303-316, January.
- Ross, Catherine E., 2000. "Walking, exercising, and smoking: does neighborhood matter?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 265-274, July.
- repec:pri:crcwel:wp08-15-ff is not listed on IDEAS
- Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Pan, Jocelyn & Jun, Hee-Jin & Osypuk, Theresa L. & Emmons, Karen M., 2005. "The effect of immigrant generation on smoking," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(6), pages 1223-1242, September.
- Arcia, E. & Skinner, M. & Bailey, D. & Correa, V., 2001. "Models of acculturation and health behaviors among Latino immigrants to the US," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 41-53, July.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1989:79:9:1263-1267_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2004:94:10:1807-1812_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lisa M. Bates & Julien O. Teitler, 2008. "Immigration and low birthweight in the US: The role of time and timing," Working Papers 1085, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Britton, Marcus L. & Shin, Heeju, 2013. "Metropolitan residential segregation and very preterm birth among African American and Mexican-origin women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 37-45.
- Gorman, Bridget K. & Lariscy, Joseph T. & Kaushik, Charisma, 2014. "Gender, acculturation, and smoking behavior among U.S. Asian and Latino immigrants," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 110-118.
- Danan Gu & Haiyan Zhu & Ming Wen, 2015. "Neighborhood-health links: Differences between rural-to-urban migrants and natives in Shanghai," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 33(17), pages 499-524, September.
- Becky Wade & Joseph Lariscy & Robert Hummer, 2013. "Racial/Ethnic and Nativity Patterns of U.S. Adolescent and Young Adult Smoking," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 32(3), pages 353-371, June.
- Fernando Riosmena & Randall Kuhn & Warren C. Jochem, 2017. "Explaining the Immigrant Health Advantage: Self-selection and Protection in Health-Related Factors Among Five Major National-Origin Immigrant Groups in the United States," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 54(1), pages 175-200, February.
- Bridget K. Gorman & Cynthia Novoa & Rachel Tolbert Kimbro, 2016. "Migration Decisions, Acculturation, and Overweight among Asian and Latino Immigrant Adults in the United States," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 728-757, September.
- Hill, Terrence D. & Angel, Jacqueline L. & Balistreri, Kelly S. & Herrera, Angelica P., 2012. "Immigrant status and cognitive functioning in late-life: An examination of gender variations in the healthy immigrant effect," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(12), pages 2076-2084.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:socsci:v:90:y:2009:i:5:p:1145-1166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0038-4941 .