Local asymptotic normality and efficient estimation for INAR(p) models
Integer-valued autoregressive (INAR) processes have been introduced to model non-negative integer-valued phenomena that evolve in time. The distribution of an INAR(p) process is determined by two parameters: a vector of survival probabilities and a probability distribution on the non-negative integers, called an immigration distribution. This paper provides an efficient estimator of the parameters, and in particular, shows that the INAR(p) model has the Local Asymptotic Normality property. Copyright 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 29 (2008)
Issue (Month): 5 (09)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0143-9782|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0143-9782|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nikas Rudholm, 2001. "Entry and the Number of Firms in the Swedish Pharmaceuticals Market," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 351-364, November.
- Andrews, Donald W.K., 1992.
"Generic Uniform Convergence,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 241-257, June.
- R. K. Freeland & B. P. M. McCabe, 2004. "Analysis of low count time series data by poisson autoregression," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 701-722, 09.
- Maria Eduarda Silva & Vera Lucia Oliveira, 2005. "Difference Equations for the Higher Order Moments and Cumulants of the INAR(p) Model," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 17-36, 01.
- Gourieroux, C. & Jasiak, J., 2004. "Heterogeneous INAR(1) model with application to car insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 177-192, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jtsera:v:29:y:2008:i:5:p:783-801. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.