Asymmetric Market Shares, Advertising And Pricing: Equilibrium With An Information Gatekeeper
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Michael A. Arnold & Chenguang Li & Christine Saliba & Lan Zhang, 2008. "Asymmetric Market Shares, Advertising, and Pricing: Equilibrium with an Information Gatekeeper," Working Papers 08-14, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael R. Baye & John Morgan & Patrick Scholten, 2004.
"Price Dispersion In The Small And In The Large: Evidence From An Internet Price Comparison Site,"
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 463-496, December.
- Michael R. Baye & John Morgan & Patrick Scholten, 2004. "Price Dispersion in the Small and in the Large: Evidence from an Internet Price Comparison Site," Working Papers 2004-03, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Baye, Michael R. & Kovenock, Dan & de Vries, Casper G., 1992.
"It takes two to tango: Equilibria in a model of sales,"
Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 493-510, October.
- Baye, M.R. & Kovenock, D. & de Vries, C.G., 1993. "It takes two to tango : Equilibria in a model of sales," Other publications TiSEM db7cea48-8632-4759-8ca4-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Stigler, George J., 2011. "Economics of Information," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 5, pages 35-49.
- Varian, Hal R, 1980. "A Model of Sales," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 651-659, September.
- Michael R. Baye & John Morgan & Patrick Scholten, 2006. "Information, Search, and Price Dispersion," Working Papers 2006-11, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Yuxin Chen & Ganesh Iyer & V. Padmanabhan, 2002. "Referral Infomediaries," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(4), pages 412-434, May.
- Kocas, Cenk & Kiyak, Tunga, 2006. "Theory and evidence on pricing by asymmetric oligopolies," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 83-105, January.
- Michael R. Baye & John Morgan, 2001. "Information Gatekeepers on the Internet and the Competitiveness of Homogeneous Product Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 454-474, June.
- Narasimhan, Chakravarthi, 1988. "Competitive Promotional Strategies," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 427-449, October.
- Baye, Michael R. & Morgan, John, 2002. "Information gatekeepers and price discrimination on the internet," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 47-51, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ronayne, David, 2015. "Price Comparison Websites," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1056, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Shelegia, Sandro & Wilson, Chris, 2016.
"A Generalized Model of Sales,"
147411, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Sandro Shelegia & Chris M. Wilson, 2016. "A generalized model of sales," Economics Working Papers 1541, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Sandro Shelegia & Chris M. Wilson, 2016. "A Generalized Model of Sales," Working Papers 934, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Astorne-Figari, Carmen & López, José Joaquín & Yankelevich, Aleksandr, 2019. "Advertising for consideration," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 653-669.
- García-Gallego Aurora & Georgantzís Nikolaos & Pereira Pedro & Pernías-Cerrillo José C., 2016. "Bias and Size Effects of Price-Comparison Platforms: Theory and Experimental Evidence," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 15(1), pages 1-34, March.
- Jihui Chen & Qihong Liu, 2013. "Information markets, product markets and vertical merger," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(1), pages 33-61, January.
- Joao Montez & Nicolas Schutz, 2018.
"All-Pay Oligopolies: Price Competition with Unobservable Inventory Choices,"
CRC TR 224 Discussion Paper Series
crctr224_2018_020, University of Bonn and University of Mannheim, Germany.
- Montez, João & Schutz, Nicolas, 2018. "All-Pay Oligopolies: Price Competition with Unobservable Inventory Choices," CEPR Discussion Papers 12963, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shelegia, Sandro & Wilson, Christopher, 2019. "A Generalized Model of Advertised Sales," CEPR Discussion Papers 14113, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arnold, Michael & Zhang, Lan, 2020. "Competition with an information clearinghouse and asymmetric firms: Why more than two firms compete (or not) for shoppers," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 55-82.
More about this item
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L19 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Other
- L89 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jindec:v:59:y:2011:i:1:p:63-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.