Safety and Profits in the Airline Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raghavan, Sunder & Rhoades, Dawna L., 2005. "Revisiting the relationship between profitability and air carrier safety in the US airline industry," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 283-290.
- Dionne, Georges & Gagne, Robert & Gagnon, Francois & Vanasse, Charles, 1997.
"Debt, moral hazard and airline safety An empirical evidence,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 379-402, August.
- Dionne, G. & Gagne, R. & Gagnon, F. & Vanasse, C., 1993. "Debt, Moral Hazard and Airline Safety : An Empirical Evidence," Cahiers de recherche 9309, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Dionne, G. & Gagne, R. & Gagnon, F. & Vanasse, C., 1994. "Debts, moral hazard and airline safety : an empirica evidence," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9419, CEPREMAP.
- Earnhart, Dietrich & Segerson, Kathleen, 2012. "The influence of financial status on the effectiveness of environmental enforcement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(9-10), pages 670-684.
- Kaplanski, Guy & Levy, Haim, 2010. "Sentiment and stock prices: The case of aviation disasters," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 174-201, February.
- Fox, Sarah, 2014. "Safety and security: The influence of 9/11 to the EU framework for air carriers and aircraft operators," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 24-33.
- Kjell Hausken & Jun Zhuang, 2016.
"The strategic interaction between a company and the government surrounding disasters,"
Annals of Operations Research,
Springer, vol. 237(1), pages 27-40, February.
- Kjell Hausken & Jun Zhuang, 2016. "The strategic interaction between a company and the government surrounding disasters," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 237(1), pages 27-40, February.
- Dammen, Sarah J., 2005. "The Effects of Safety Practices, Technology Adoption, and Firm Characteristics on Motor Carrier Safety," Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Transportation Research Forum, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-19.
- Nancy L. Rose, 1992.
"Fear of Flying? Economic Analysis of Airline Safety,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 75-94, Spring.
- Nancy L. Rose, 1991. "Fear of Flying? Economic Analysis of Airline Safety," NBER Working Papers 3784, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dammen, Sarah J., 2004. "The Effects of Safety Practices, Technology Adoption, and Firm Characteristics on Motor Carrier Safety by Sarah J," 45th Annual Transportation Research Forum, Evanston, Illinois, March 21-23, 2004 208248, Transportation Research Forum.
- Lawrence J. White., 2014. "Antitrust and the Financial Sector - with Special Attention to "Too Big to Fail"," Working Papers 14-10, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Hausken, Kjell & Zhuang, Jun, 2013. "The impact of disaster on the strategic interaction between company and government," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(2), pages 363-376.
- Gregory Noronha & Vijay Singal, 2004. "Financial health and airline safety," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(1), pages 1-16.
- Wang, Zuozheng & Hofer, Christian & Dresner, Martin E., 2013. "Financial condition, safety investment and accident propensity in the US airline industry: A structural analysis," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 24-32.
- Oster, Clinton V. & Strong, John S. & Zorn, C. Kurt, 2013. "Analyzing aviation safety: Problems, challenges, opportunities," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 148-164.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jindec:v:34:y:1986:i:3:p:305-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.