The Impact of Institutional Differences on Derivatives Usage: a Comparative Study of US and Dutch Firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bodnar, G.M. & de Jong, A. & Macrae, V., 2001. "The Impact of Institutional Differences on Derivatives Usage : A Comparative Study of US and Dutch Firms," Discussion Paper 2001-62, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon M. Bodnar & Gregory S. Hayt & Richard C. Marston, 1998. "1998 Wharton Survey of Financial Risk Management by US Non-Financial Firms," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 27(4), Winter.
- Stulz, René M., 1984. "Optimal Hedging Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 127-140, June.
- Boersma, J. & Veld, C.H., 1995. "Het gebruik van financiële derivaten door grote Nederlandse ondernemingen," Research Memorandum FEW 700, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Loderer, Claudio & Pichler, Karl, 2000. "Firms, do you know your currency risk exposure? Survey results," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 317-344, November.
- Smith, Clifford W. & Stulz, René M., 1985. "The Determinants of Firms' Hedging Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 391-405, December.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Scharfstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1993.
" Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1629-1658, December.
- Kenneth A. Froot & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1992. "Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies," NBER Working Papers 4084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1999.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 471-517, April.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," NBER Working Papers 6625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walter Dolde, 1993. "The Trajectory Of Corporate Financial Risk Management," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 6(3), pages 33-41.
- Gordon M. Bodnar & Gregory S. Hayt & Richard C. Marston, 1996. "1995 Wharton Survey of Derivatives Usage by US Non-Financial Firms," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 25(4), Winter.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marc J. K. De Ceuster & Edward Durinck & Eddy Laveren & Jozef Lodewyckx, 2000. "A survey into the use of derivatives by large non‐financial firms operating in Belgium," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 6(3), pages 301-318.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emira Kozarevic & Meldina Kokorovic Jukan & Beriz Civic, 2014. "The Use of Financial Derivatives in Emerging Market Economies: An Empirical Evidence from Bosnia and Herzegovina's Non-Financial Firms," Research in World Economy, Research in World Economy, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(1), pages 39-48, March.
- Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur, 2008. "Do Exporters Cut the Hedge? Who Hedges, When and Why?," Occasional Papers 08/2, Ministry of Economic Development, New Zealand.
- Ricardo Santos & Samuel Pereira & Elísio Brandão, 2016. "Transfer Pricing Aggressiveness And Financial Derivatives Practices: Empirical Evidences From United Kingdom," FEP Working Papers 583, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Hagelin, Niclas & Pramborg, Bengt, 2006. "Empirical evidence concerning incentives to hedge transaction and translation exposures," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 142-159, April.
- Fabling, Richard & Grimes, Arthur, 2010. "Cutting the hedge: Exporters' dynamic currency hedging behaviour," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 241-253, June.
- Pramborg, Bengt, 2005. "Foreign exchange risk management by Swedish and Korean nonfinancial firms: A comparative survey," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 343-366, June.
- Donohoe, Michael P., 2015. "The economic effects of financial derivatives on corporate tax avoidance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 1-24.
- Söhnke M. Bartram & Gordon M. Bodnar, 2007. "The exchange rate exposure puzzle," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(9), pages 642-666, August.
- Bartram, Söhnke M., 2004. "The Use of Options in Corporate Risk Management," MPRA Paper 6663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luis Berggrun, 2005. "Currency Hedging for a Dutch Investor: The Case of Pension Funds and Insurers," DNB Working Papers 054, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- repec:wsi:rpbfmp:v:20:y:2017:i:04:n:s0219091517500278 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:128-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Björn Döhring, 2008. "Hedging and invoicing strategies to reduce exchange rate exposure - a euro-area perspective," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 299, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- repec:bap:journl:180103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brozynski, Torsten & Menkhoff, Lukas & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2003. "The Use of Momentum, Contrarian and Buy-&-Hold Strategies: Survey Evidence from Fund Managers," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-290, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Allayannis, George & Lel, Ugur & Miller, Darius P., 2012. "The use of foreign currency derivatives, corporate governance, and firm value around the world," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 65-79.
More about this item
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:eufman:v:9:y:2003:i:3:p:271-297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/efmaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.