Determinants Of Private Investment In Malaysia: What Causes The Postcrisis Slumps?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shafik, Nemat & Shafik, Nemat, 1992. "Modeling private investment in Egypt," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 263-277, October.
- Ozler, Sule & Rodrik, Dani, 1992.
"External shocks, politics and private investment : Some theory and empirical evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 141-162, July.
- Sule Ozler & Dani Rodrik, 1992. "External Shocks, Politics and Private Investment: Some Theory and Empirical Evidence," NBER Working Papers 3960, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Does public capital crowd out private capital?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 171-188, September.
- Ang, James B., 2008. "What are the mechanisms linking financial development and economic growth in Malaysia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 38-53, January.
- Joshua Greene & Delano Villanueva, 1991. "Private Investment in Developing Countries: An Empirical Analysis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(1), pages 33-58, March.
- James B. Ang, 2008.
"Are Financial Sector Policies Effective In Deepening The Malaysian Financial System?,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 623-635, October.
- James B. Ang, 2007. "Are Financial Sector Policies Effective In Deepening The Malaysian Financial System?," Monash Economics Working Papers 02-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- James B. Ang, 2007. "Are Financial Sector Policies Effective in Deeping the Malaysian Financial System," DEGIT Conference Papers c012_031, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Callen, T S & Hall, S G & Henry, S G B, 1990. "Manufacturing Stocks: Expectations, Risk and Co-integration," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 756-772, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- M. Shahe Emran & Forhad Shilpi & M. Imam Alam, 2007. "Economic liberalization and price response of aggregate private investment: time series evidence from India," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(3), pages 914-934, August.
- Luis Servén, 2003. "ERRATUM: Real-Exchange-Rate Uncertainty and Private Investment in LDCs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 492-492, May.
- Guncavdi, Oner & Bleaney, Michael & McKay, Andrew, 1998. "Financial liberalisation and private investment: evidence from Turkey," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 443-455.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Jongwanich, Juthathip & Kohpaiboon, Archanun, 2008. "Private Investment: Trends and Determinants in Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1709-1724, October.
- Noorzoy, M. S., 1979. "Flows of direct investment and their effects on investment in Canada," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 257-261.
- Ang, James B. & McKibbin, Warwick J., 2007.
"Financial liberalization, financial sector development and growth: Evidence from Malaysia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 215-233, September.
- James B. Ang & Warwick J. McKibbin, 2005. "Financial Liberalization, Financial Sector Development And Growth: Evidence From Malaysia," CAMA Working Papers 2005-05, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Nickell, Stephen, 1985. "Error Correction, Partial Adjustment and All That: An Expository Note," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 47(2), pages 119-129, May.
- Jansen, Karel, 1995. "The macroeconomic effects of direct foreign investment: The case of Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 193-210, February.
- Luis Servén, 2003. "Real-Exchange-Rate Uncertainty and Private Investment in LDCS," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 212-218, February.
- Kinkyo, Takuji, 2007. "Explaining Korea's Lower Investment Levels After the Crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1120-1133, July.
- Ang, James B., 2009. "Private Investment and Financial Sector Policies in India and Malaysia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 1261-1273, July.
- Hall, Robert E & Jorgenson, Dale W, 1969. "Tax Policy and Investment Behavior: Reply and Further Results," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(3), pages 388-401, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hashmat Khan & Santosh Upadhayaya, 2017. "Does Business Confidence Matter for Investment?," Carleton Economic Papers 17-13, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Anis Omri & Amel Sassi-Tmar, 2015.
"Linking FDI Inflows to Economic Growth in North African Countries,"
Journal of the Knowledge Economy,
Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 6(1), pages 90-104, March.
- Omri, Anis & Sassi-Tmar, Amel, 2015. "Linking FDI inflows to economic growth in North African countries," MPRA Paper 82611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-557 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tang, Chor Foon & Tan, Bee Wah & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2016. "Energy consumption and economic growth in Vietnam," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1506-1514.
- Ibrahim, Mansor H. & Ahmed, Huson Joher Ali, 2014. "Permanent and transitory oil volatility and aggregate investment in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 552-563.
- Omri, Anis & kahouli, Bassem, 2014. "The nexus among foreign investment, domestic capital and economic growth: Empirical evidence from the MENA region," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 257-263.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-558 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tan, Bee Wah & Tang, Chor Foon, 2011. "The dynamic relationship between private domestic investment, the user cost of capital, and economic growth in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 27964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Omri, Anis & Kahouli, Bassem, 2013. "The nexus between foreign investment, domestic capital and economic growth: Empirical evidence from the MENA region," MPRA Paper 82505, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2013.
- Anwar, Sajid & Sun, Sizhong, 2011. "Financial development, foreign investment and economic growth in Malaysia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 335-342, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:coecpo:v:28:y:2010:i:3:p:378-391. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.