Growth And Infrastructure Investment In India: Achievements, Challenges, And Opportunities
The paper analyses the recent scenario of infrastructure investment in India, with the recognition that inadequate infrastructure is one of the major constraints on India’s ability to sustain high GDP growth. It conducts an overview of the trends in infrastructure investment from the 10th Five Year Plan onwards, and tries to examine the linkage between infrastructure and economic growth. The results exhibit a very high rate of return and also highlight that, since resource constraints will continue to limit public investment in infrastructure in other areas, Public Private Partnership (PPP) project-based development needs to be encouraged wherever feasible.
Volume (Year): 58 (2013)
Issue (Month): 196 (January – March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: KAMENICKA 6 - 11000 BEOGRAD|
Phone: (381 11) 302122
Fax: (381 11) 639 560
Web page: http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://ea.ekof.bg.ac.rs/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Douglas Sutherland & Sonia Araujo & Balázs Égert & Tomasz Koźluk, 2009. "Infrastructure Investment: Links to Growth and the Role of Public Policies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 686, OECD Publishing.
- Wei Zou & Fen Zhang & Ziyin Zhuang & Hairong Song, 2008. "Transport Infrastructure, Growth, and Poverty Alleviation: Empirical Analysis of China," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 9(2), pages 345-371, November.
- Miguel Ramirez, 2004. "Is public infrastructure spending productive in the Mexican case? A vector error correction analysis," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 159-178.
- Ghosh, Buddhadeb & De, Prabir, 2005. "Investigating the linkage between infrastructure and regional development in India: era of planning to globalisation," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1023-1050, January.
- Matthew Lambrinidis & Yannis Psycharis & Antonis Rovolis, 2005. "Regional allocation of public infrastructure investment: The case of Greece," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(9), pages 1231-1244.
- Dipankar Dasgupta & Koji Shimomura, 2006. "Public infrastructure, employment and sustainable growth in a small open economy with and without foreign direct investment," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 257-291.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:beo:journl:v:58:y:2013:i:196:p:51-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Goran Petrić)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.