Efficiency measurement amongst medical tourism service providers in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick L. Brockett & Ray E. Chang & John J. Rousseau & John H. Semple & Chuanhou Yang, 2004. "A Comparison of HMO Efficiencies as a Function of Provider Autonomy," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 71(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Retzlaff-Roberts, Donna & Chang, Cyril F. & Rubin, Rose M., 2004. "Technical efficiency in the use of health care resources: a comparison of OECD countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 55-72, July.
- Chang, Hsi-Hui, 1998. "Determinants of Hospital Efficiency: the Case of Central Government-owned Hospitals in Taiwan," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 307-317, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Androutsou, Lorena & Metaxas, Theodore, 2018. "Measuring the effeciency of medical tourism industry in EU members states," MPRA Paper 92461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Duen-Yian Yeh & Ching-Hsue Cheng, 2016. "Performance Management of Taiwan’s National Hospitals," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(01), pages 187-213, January.
- Ülengin, Füsun & Kabak, Özgür & Önsel, Sule & Aktas, Emel & Parker, Barnett R., 2011. "The competitiveness of nations and implications for human development," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 16-27, March.
- Panagiotis Mitropoulos, 2021. "Production and quality performance of healthcare services in EU countries during the economic crisis," Operational Research, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 857-873, June.
- Hans Pitlik & Kristina Budimir & Norbert Gruber, 2010. "Optionen einer ausgabenseitigen Budgetkonsolidierung," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 83(3), pages 247-267, March.
- Andreas Behr & Katja Theune, 2017. "Health System Efficiency: A Fragmented Picture Based on OECD Data," PharmacoEconomics - Open, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 203-221, September.
- Akkan, Can & Karadayi, Melis Almula & Ekinci, Yeliz & Ülengin, Füsun & Uray, Nimet & Karaosmanoğlu, Elif, 2020. "Efficiency analysis of emergency departments in metropolitan areas," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 69(C).
- Yi-Chung Hsu, 2014. "Efficiency in government health spending: a super slacks-based model," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 111-126, January.
- Kok Fong See & Siew Hwa Yen, 2018. "Does happiness matter to health system efficiency? A performance analysis," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 1-10, December.
- Massimiliano Piacenza & Gilberto Turati, 2014.
"Does Fiscal Discipline Towards Subnational Governments Affect Citizens' Well‐Being? Evidence On Health,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 199-224, February.
- Massimiliano Piacenza & Gilberto Turati, 2010. "Does Fiscal Discipline towards Sub-national Governments Affect Citizens' Well-being? Evidence on Health," Working papers 12, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Massimiliano Piacenza & Gilberto Turati, 2010. "Does fiscal discipline towards sub-national governments affect citizens’ well-being? evidence on health," Working Papers 2010/56, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Rashidi, Kamran & Cullinane, Kevin, 2019. "Evaluating the sustainability of national logistics performance using Data Envelopment Analysis," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 35-46.
- Hans Pitlik & Kristina Budimir & Norbert Gruber, 2010. "Options for Budget Consolidation on the Expenditure Side," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 15(2), pages 211-230, July.
- Shih-Heng Yu & Chia-Wei Hsu, 2020. "A unified extension of super-efficiency in additive data envelopment analysis with integer-valued inputs and outputs: an application to a municipal bus system," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 287(1), pages 515-535, April.
- Giokas, Dimitris I., 2001. "Greek hospitals: how well their resources are used," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 73-83, February.
- Kaffash, Sepideh & Azizi, Roza & Huang, Ying & Zhu, Joe, 2020. "A survey of data envelopment analysis applications in the insurance industry 1993–2018," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 284(3), pages 801-813.
- Chang, Shyr-Juh & Hsiao, Hsing-Chin & Huang, Li-Hua & Chang, Hsihui, 2011. "Taiwan quality indicator project and hospital productivity growth," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 14-22, January.
- Reibling, Nadine, 2013. "The international performance of healthcare systems in population health: Capabilities of pooled cross-sectional time series methods," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 122-132.
- Erika Laranjeira & Helena Szrek, 2016. "Going beyond life expectancy in assessments of health systems’ performance: life expectancy adjusted by perceived health status," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 133-161, June.
- R. Amy Puenpatom & Robert Rosenman, 2006.
"Efficiency of Thai provincial public hospitals after the introduction of National Health Insurance Program,"
2006-2, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Puenpatom, R. Amy & Rosenman, Robert, 2006. "Efficiency of Thai Provincial Public Hospitals after the Introduction of National Health Insurance Program," Working Papers 12960, Washington State University, School of Economic Sciences.
- Kristína Kočišová & Jakub Sopko, 2020. "The Efficiency of Public Health and Medical Care Systems in EU Countries: Dynamic Network Data Envelopment Analysis," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 68(2), pages 383-394.
- Cheng, Gang & Zervopoulos, Panagiotis D., 2014. "Estimating the technical efficiency of health care systems: A cross-country comparison using the directional distance function," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(3), pages 899-910.
More about this item
KeywordsMedical tourism; Benchmarking; Data envelopment analysis (DEA); Decision making units (DMUs);
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:amf:ijrtfa:v:1:y:2013:i:1:p:24-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://fundatia-amfiteatru.ro .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Raluca Eftimie (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://fundatia-amfiteatru.ro .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.