Assessing Performance Of The Sustainable Spatial Development: Romanian Case Study
The sustainable development requires to be implementing on the efficiencyprinciples of the sustainable development, which has to be appreciated depending on abenchmark system. This study performs an analysis of the sustainable performance ofRomanian regions and reveals disparities compared to the national economy. The researchmethod used is Sustainable Value which synthesis the contribution of the economic, socialand environmental resources to value creation. The obtained results highlight that somesignificant differences between the Romanian regions exist. They suggest the necessity ofsome appropriate sector policies in order to eliminate disparities, achieving the economic-social cohesion and environment protection.
Volume (Year): 2 (2011)
Issue (Month): 13 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miron, Dumitru & Dima, Alina Mihaela & Vasilache, Simona, 2009. "Indexes of Regional Economic Growth in Post-Accession Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(3), pages 138-152, September.
- Ferhan Gezici & Gunduz Atalik, 1998. "An evaluation of tourism activities in Turkey with reference to sustainable regional development," ERSA conference papers ersa98p477, European Regional Science Association.
- Nijkamp, P. & Laschuit, P. & Soeteman, F., 1991. "Sustainable development in a regional system," Serie Research Memoranda 0093, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Figge, Frank & Hahn, Tobias, 2004. "Sustainable Value Added--measuring corporate contributions to sustainability beyond eco-efficiency," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 173-187, February.
- Tiberiu Cristian AVRAMESCU, 2006. "Tourism And Regional Sustainable Development," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 22(1(31)), pages 187-226, June.
- Dragos TALVESCU & Alina Mihaela DIMA, 2008. "Strategies for regional sustainable development in South-West Oltenia," Management & Marketing, Economic Publishing House, vol. 3(3), Autumn.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:alu:journl:v:2:y:2011:i:13:p:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.