Product Supply Elasticities for the Australian Broadacre Industries, Estimated with a Programming Model
This paper reports on estimates of the supply response to price changes of Australian broadacre farmers using a programming model. The products examined were beef, sheep meat, wool and cereals. Medium-term own-price and cross-price elasticities were estimated from a designed experiment with the model. These elasticities are presented and discussed in the context of estimates from other studies.
Volume (Year): 53 (1985)
Issue (Month): 01 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Powell, Alan A. & Gruen, Fred H.G., 1967.
"The Estimation Of Production Frontiers: The Australian Livestock/Cereals Complex,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 11(01), June.
- Alan A. Powell & Fred H.G. Gruen, 1967. "The Estimation Of Production Frontiers: The Australian Livestock/Cereals Complex," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 11(1), pages 63-81, 06.
- C. Richard Shumway & Anne A. Chang, 1977. "Linear Programming versus Positively Estimated Supply Functions: An Empirical and Methodological Critique," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 59(2), pages 344-357.
- Anderson, Jock R., 1974. "Simulation: Methodology and Application in Agricultural Economics," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 42(01), March.
- Vincent, David P & Dixon, Peter B & Powell, Alan A, 1980. "The Estimation of Supply Response in Australian Agrucilture: The CRESH/CRETH Production System," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 221-42, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:remaae:12440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.