Optimizing the Welfare Benefits from Ecotourism: The Case of Calatagan Mangrove Forest Conservation Park
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- K. E. McConnell, 1992. "On-Site Time in the Demand for Recreation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(4), pages 918-925.
- Thomas Andrews & Cynthia Benzing, 2010. "Simplifying the Price Elasticity of Demand," Journal for Economic Educators, Middle Tennessee State University, Business and Economic Research Center, vol. 10(1), pages 1-13, Summer.
- Timothy C. Haab & Kenneth E. McConnell, 2002. "Valuing Environmental and Natural Resources," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2427.
- Daniel T. Slesnick, 1998. "Empirical Approaches to the Measurement of Welfare," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 2108-2165, December.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1971. "Three Basic Postulates for Applied Welfare Economics: An Interpretive Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 785-797, September.
- Frank A. Ward & Diana Beal, 2000. "Valuing Nature with Travel Cost Models," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1768.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bing Baltazar C. Brillo & Aileen C. Simondac-Peria, 2021. "Sustainability of a local government-instituted ecotourism development: Tayak adventure, nature and wildlife Park in Rizal, Laguna, Philippines," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(11), pages 16145-16162, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Isabel Mendes & Isabel Proença, 2009. "Measuring the Social Recreation Per-Day Net Benefit of Wildlife Amenities of a National Park: A Count-Data Travel Cost Approach," Working Papers Department of Economics 2009/35, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Wai Soe Zin & Aya Suzuki & Kelvin S.-H. Peh & Alexandros Gasparatos, 2019. "Economic Value of Cultural Ecosystem Services from Recreation in Popa Mountain National Park, Myanmar: A Comparison of Two Rapid Valuation Techniques," Land, MDPI, vol. 8(12), pages 1-20, December.
- Bowker, James Michael & Starbuck, C. Meghan & English, Donald B.K. & Bergstrom, John C. & Rosenberger, Randall S. & McCollum, Daniel W., 2009. "Estimating the Net Economic Value of National Forest Recreation: An Application of the National Visitor Use Monitoring Database," Faculty Series 59603, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Rolfe, John & Prayaga, Prabha, 2006. "Estimating Values for Recreational Fishing at Freshwater Dams in Queensland," 2006 Conference (50th), February 8-10, 2006, Sydney, Australia 139896, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Lankia, Tuija & Huhtala, Anni, 2011. "Valuation of Trips to Second Homes in the Country: Do Environmental Attributes Matter?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114405, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chinâ€ Huang Huang, 2017. "Estimating the environmental effects and recreational benefits of cultivated flower land for environmental quality improvement in Taiwan," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 48(1), pages 29-39, January.
- McNamara, David & Caulfield, Brian, 2013. "Examining the impact of carbon price changes under a personalised carbon trading scheme for transport," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 238-253.
- Gürlük, Serkan & Ward, Frank A., 2009. "Integrated basin management: Water and food policy options for Turkey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2666-2678, August.
- Muhammad Rafiq & Shafiqullah, 2007. "Demand Analysis of Recreation Visits to Chitral Valley: A Natural Resource Management Perspective," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(4), pages 971-984.
- Auerbach, Alan J. & Hines, James Jr., 2002.
"Taxation and economic efficiency,"
Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 21, pages 1347-1421,
- Alan J. Auerbach & James R. Hines Jr., 2001. "Taxation and Economic Efficiency," NBER Working Papers 8181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward E. Schlee & M. Ali Khan, 2022. "Money Metrics In Applied Welfare Analysis: A Saddlepoint Rehabilitation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 63(1), pages 189-210, February.
- Jegnie, Alemken & Hailu, Atakelty & Burton, Michael P., 2017. "Boat-based and other recreational fishing in Western Australia: Analysis of site choice, access values and bag limit effects," Working Papers 257167, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Woodall, Stacie & Wandschneider, Philip R. & Foltz, John C. & Taylor, R. Garth, 2002. "Valuing Idaho Wineries With A Travel Cost Model," 2002 Annual Meeting, July 28-31, 2002, Long Beach, California 36613, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Jan MELICHAR, 2010. "Assessment of the Recreation Value of Public Programs in the Jizerske Hory Mountains Using a Contingent Behaviour Model," Regional and Urban Modeling 284100028, EcoMod.
- John Rolfe & Brenda Dyack, 2010.
"Testing for convergent validity between travel cost and contingent valuation estimates of recreation values in the Coorong, Australia ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(4), pages 583-599, October.
- Rolfe, John & Dyack, Brenda, 2010. "Testing for convergent validity between travel cost and contingent valuation estimates of recreation values in the Coorong, Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(4), pages 1-17.
- Pascoe, Sean & Doshi, Amar & Thébaud, Olivier & Thomas, Colette R. & Schuttenberg, Heidi Z. & Heron, Scott F. & Setiasih, Naneng & Tan, James C.H. & True, James & Wallmo, Kristy & Loper, Christy & Cal, 2014. "Estimating the potential impact of entry fees for marine parks on dive tourism in South East Asia," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 147-152.
- P. Poor & Jamie Smith, 2004. "Travel Cost Analysis of a Cultural Heritage Site: The Case of Historic St. Mary's City of Maryland," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 28(3), pages 217-229, August.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Paolo Verme, 2019.
"Prices and Welfare,"
Springer, number 978-3-030-17423-1, June.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Paolo Verme, 2019. "Prices and Welfare," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 32320, December.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Paolo Verme, 2016. "Prices and welfare," Working Papers 395, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Araar,Abdelkrim & Verme,Paolo, 2016. "Prices and welfare," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7566, The World Bank.
- Stephen Martin, 2019. "The Kaldor–Hicks Potential Compensation Principle and the Constant Marginal Utility of Income," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 55(3), pages 493-513, November.
- Himayatullah Khan, 2006. "Willingness to Pay for Margalla Hills National Park: Evidence from the Travel Cost Method," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 11(2), pages 43-70, Jul-Dec.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:pjemad:309280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ceuplph.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ceuplph.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.