Measuring the Location Value of a Recreation Site
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weiler, Stephan, 2006.
"A park by any other name: National Park designation as a natural experiment in signaling,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 96-106, July.
- Stephan Weiler, 2005. "A park by any other name : national park designation as a natural experiment in signaling," Research Working Paper RWP 05-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- K. E. McConnell, 1999. "Household Labor Market Choices and the Demand for Recreation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(3), pages 466-477.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jae Kim & Seung-Nam Kim & Soogwan Doh, 2015. "The distance decay of willingness to pay and the spatial distribution of benefits and costs for the ecological restoration of an urban branch stream in Ulsan, South Korea," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(3), pages 835-853, May.
- Tait, Peter R. & Baskaran, Ramesh, 2011. "Incorporating Local Water Quality in Welfare Measures of Agri-environmental Policy: A Choice Modelling Approach Employing GIS," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 116074, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Tait, Peter & Baskaran, Ramesh & Cullen, Ross & Bicknell, Kathryn, 2012. "Nonmarket valuation of water quality: Addressing spatially heterogeneous preferences using GIS and a random parameter logit model," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 15-21.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Huhtala, Anni & Pouta, Eija, 2006. "Discerning welfare impacts of public provision of recreation areas," Discussion Papers 11860, MTT Agrifood Research Finland.
- Woodall, Stacie & Wandschneider, Philip R. & Foltz, John C. & Taylor, R. Garth, 2002. "Valuing Idaho Wineries With A Travel Cost Model," 2002 Annual Meeting, July 28-31, 2002, Long Beach, California 36613, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Anna Nerg & Jussi Uusivuori & Jarmo Mikkola & Marjo Neuvonen & Tuija SievÃ¤nen, 2012. "Visits to National Parks and Hiking Areas: A Panel Data Analysis of Their Socio-Demographic, Economic and Site Quality Determinants," Tourism Economics, , vol. 18(1), pages 77-93, February.
- Martina Menon & Federico Perali & Marcella Veronesi, 2014.
"Recovering Individual Preferences for Non-Market Goods: A Collective Travel-Cost Model,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 96(2), pages 438-457.
- Marcella Veronesi & Martina Menon & Federico Perali, 2007. "Extensions of the Traditional Travel Cost Model of Non-Market Valuation to a Collective Framework: Evidence from the Field," Working Papers 42/2007, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Raymond Palmquist & Daniel Phaneuf & V. Smith, 2010.
"Short Run Constraints and the Increasing Marginal Value of Time in Recreation,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 46(1), pages 19-41, May.
- Raymond B. Palmquist & Daniel J. Phaneuf & V. Kerry Smith, 2009. "Short Run Constraints and the Increasing Marginal Value of Time in Recreation," NBER Working Papers 14986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Damar, H. Evren & Lange, Ian & McKennie, Caitlin & Moro, Mirko, 2020. "Banking deregulation and household consumption of durables," IWH Discussion Papers 18/2020, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- McKean, John R. & Johnson, Donn M. & Taylor, R. Garth, 2001. "The Value Of Sport Fishing In The Snake River Basin Of Central Idaho," 2001 Annual Meeting, July 8-11, 2001, Logan, Utah 36190, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Tessa Conroy & Stephan Weiler, 2019. "Local and social: entrepreneurs, information network effects, and economic growth," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 62(3), pages 681-713, June.
- Mark D. Agee & Thomas D. Crocker, 2004. "Transferring Measures of Adult Health Benefits to Children: A Review of Issues and Results," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(4), pages 468-482, October.
- Mario Du Preez & Deborah Ellen Lee & Stephen Gerald Hosking, 2011. "The recreational value of beaches in the Nelson Mandela Bay area, South Africa," Working Papers 239, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Rice, William L. & Park, So Young & Pan, Bing & Newman, Peter, 2019. "Forecasting campground demand in US national parks," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 424-438.
- Paul M. Jakus & Sherzod B. Akhundjanov, 2018. "Neither Boon nor Bane: The Economic Effects of a Landscape-Scale National Monument," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 94(3), pages 323-339.
- Roberto Martinez-Espineira & Joe Amoako-Tuffour, 2008. "Multi-destination and multi-purpose trip effects in the analysis of the demand for trips to a remote recreational site," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2008_19, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Smith, V. Kerry, 2006. "Recreation Demand Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 671-761, Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsResource /Energy Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:61063. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.