The Emergence of an Agro-Energy Sector: Is Agriculture Importing Instability from the Oil Sector?
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 24 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- Cartwright, Phillip A. & Riabko, Natalija, 2015. "Measuring the effect of oil prices on wheat futures prices," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 355-369.
- Chen, Kuan-Ju & Chen, Kuan-Heng, 2016. "Analysis of Energy and Agricultural Commodity Markets with the Policy Mandated: A Vine Copula-based ARMA-EGARCH Model," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236028, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Trujillo-Barrera, Andres & Mallory, Mindy L. & Garcia, Philip, 2012. "Volatility Spillovers in U.S. Crude Oil, Ethanol, and Corn Futures Markets," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(2), August.
- Matthias Diermeier & Torsten Schmidt, 2012. "Oil Price Effects on Land Use Competition – An Empirical Analysis," Ruhr Economic Papers 0340, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Dae-Heum Kwon & Jungho Baek & Won W. Koo, 2012. "A New Look at the Emergence of an Agro-Energy Nexus: A Graphical Causal Approach," Business and Economic Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 2(2), pages 42-53, December.
- Karikallio, Hanna, 2015. "Cross-commodity Price Transmission and Integration of the EU Livestock Market of Pork and Beef: Panel Time-series Approach," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211832, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Phillip A. Cartwright & Natalija Riabko, 2016. "Further evidence on the explanatory power of spot food and energy commodities market prices for futures prices," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 579-605, October.
- Teterin, Pavel & Brooks, Robert & Enders, Walter, 2016. "Smooth volatility shifts and spillovers in U.S. crude oil and corn futures markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(PA), pages 22-36.
- Zhang, Dengjun & Asche, Frank & Oglend, Atle, 2014. "Ethanol and trade: An analysis of price transmission in the US market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1-8.
- Diermeier, Matthias & Schmidt, Torsten, 2014.
"Oil price effects on land use competition: an empirical analysis,"
Agricultural Economics Review,
Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(1), January.
- Diermeier, Matthias & Schmidt, Torsten, 2012. "Oil Price Effects on Land Use Competition – An Empirical Analysis," Ruhr Economic Papers 340, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Zhang, Zibin & Lohr, Luanne & Escalante, Cesar & Wetzstein, Michael, 2010. "Food versus fuel: What do prices tell us?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 445-451, January.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0340 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yano, Yuki & Blandford, David & Surry, Yves R., 2011. "International Variability in Biofuel Trade: An Assessment of U.S. Policies," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115793, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Valdes, Constanza & Hjort, Kim & Seeley, Ralph, 2016. "Brazil’s Agricultural Land Use and Trade: Effects of Changes in Oil Prices and Ethanol Demand," Economic Research Report 242449, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaeach:94695. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed