Marginal Jobs, Heterogeneous Firms, and Unemployment Flows
This paper introduces a notion of firm size into a search and matching model with endogenous job destruction. The outcome is a rich, yet analytically tractable framework that can be used to analyze a broad set of features of both the cross-section and aggregate dynamics of the labor market. The model provides a coherent account of the distributions of employer size and employment growth across establishments, the amplitude and propagation of cyclical fluctuations in worker flows, the negative comovement of unemployment and vacancies, and the dynamics of the distribution of employer size over the business cycle. (JEL E24, E32, J63, J64)
Volume (Year): 5 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/aej-macro|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Algan, Yann & Allais, Olivier & Den Haan, Wouter J., 2008.
"Solving heterogeneous-agent models with parameterized cross-sectional distributions,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 875-908, March.
- Yann Algan & Olivier Allais & Wouter J Den Haan, 2006. "Solving Heterogeneous-agent Models with Parameterized Cross-sectional Distributions," Sciences Po publications 2006 - 46, Sciences Po.
- Yann Algan & Olivier Allais & Wouter J Den Haan, 2007. "Solving Heterogeneous-agent Models with Parameterized Cross-sectional Distributions," Sciences Po publications 6062, Sciences Po.
- Yann Algan & Olivier Allais & Wouter J. Den Haan, 2006. "Solving heterogeneous-agent models with parameterized cross-sectional distributions," PSE Working Papers halshs-00589129, HAL.
- Yann Algan & Olivier Allais & Wouter J Den Haan, 2008. "Solving heterogeneous-agent models with parameterized cross-sectional distributions," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/41rhqgovpp8, Sciences Po.
- Algan, Yann & Allais, Olivier & Den Haan, Wouter, 2007. "Solving Heterogeneous-Agent Models with Parameterized Cross-Sectional Distributions," CEPR Discussion Papers 6062, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eberly, Janice C. & Van Mieghem, Jan A., 1997. "Multi-factor Dynamic Investment under Uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 345-387, August.
This item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Marginal Jobs, Heterogeneous Firms, and Unemployment Flows (AEJ:MA 2013) in ReplicationWiki
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aejmac:v:5:y:2013:i:1:p:1-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.