An Asset Allocation Puzzle: Comment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cox, John C. & Huang, Chi-fu, 1989. "Optimal consumption and portfolio policies when asset prices follow a diffusion process," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 33-83, October.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 1996.
"Testing Continuous-Time Models of the Spot Interest Rate,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 385-426.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 1995. "Testing Continuous-Time Models of the Spot Interest Rate," NBER Working Papers 5346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Darrell Duffie & Chi-Fu Huang, 2005.
"Implementing Arrow-Debreu Equilibria By Continuous Trading Of Few Long-Lived Securities,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 4, pages 97-127
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Duffie, J Darrell & Huang, Chi-fu, 1985. "Implementing Arrow-Debreu Equilibria by Continuous Trading of Few Long-lived Securities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1337-1356, November.
- Canner, Niko & Mankiw, N Gregory & Weil, David N, 1997. "An Asset Allocation Puzzle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 181-191, March.
- Pennacchi, George G, 1991. "Identifying the Dynamics of Real Interest Rates and Inflation: Evidence Using Survey Data," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(1), pages 53-86.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1979. "Duration and the Measurement of Basis Risk," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 51-61, January.
- Cass, David & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "The structure of investor preferences and asset returns, and separability in portfolio allocation: A contribution to the pure theory of mutual funds," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 122-160, June.
- Stanley R. Pliska, 1986. "A Stochastic Calculus Model of Continuous Trading: Optimal Portfolios," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 11(2), pages 371-382, May.
- Black, Fischer, 1972. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Restricted Borrowing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 444-455, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leirvik, Thomas, 2014. "The bond–stock mix under time-varying interest rates and predictable stock returns," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 231-237.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:274:y:2019:i:1:p:357-374 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luis Opazo & Claudio Raddatz & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2015.
"Institutional Investors and Long-Term Investment: Evidence from Chile,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 29(3), pages 479-522.
- Opazo, Luis & Raddatz, Claudio & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2014. "Institutional investors and long-term investment : evidence from Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6922, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:1:p:389-398 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hui-Ju Tsai & Yangru Wu, 2015. "Optimal portfolio choice with asset return predictability and nontradable labor income," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 215-249, July.
- de Palma, André & Prigent, Jean-Luc, 2008. "Utilitarianism and fairness in portfolio positioning," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1648-1660, August.
- Farid Mkouar & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2014. "Long-Term Investment with Stochastic Interest and Inflation Rates Incompleteness and Compensating Variation," Working Papers 2014-301, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Oussama Chakroun & Georges Dionne & Amélie Dugas-Sampara, 2006. "Empirical Evaluation of Investor Rationality in the Asset Allocation Puzzle," Cahiers de recherche 0635, CIRPEE.
- Francesco Menoncin & Olivier Scaillet, 2003. "Mortality Risk and Real Optimal Asset Allocation for Pension Funds," FAME Research Paper Series rp101, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- André Palma & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2009. "Standardized versus customized portfolio: a compensating variation approach," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 165(1), pages 161-185, January.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:228-247 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bali, Turan G. & Demirtas, K. Ozgur & Levy, Haim & Wolf, Avner, 2009. "Bonds versus stocks: Investors' age and risk taking," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 817-830, September.
- Boyle, Phelim & Imai, Junichi & Tan, Ken Seng, 2008. "Computation of optimal portfolios using simulation-based dimension reduction," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 327-338, December.
- André De Palma & Nathalie Picard & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2009. "Prise en compte de l'attitude face au risque dans le cadre de la directive MiFID," Working Papers hal-00418892, HAL.
- Dahlquist, Magnus & Farago, Adam & Tédongap, Roméo, 2015. "Asymmetries and Portfolio Choice," CEPR Discussion Papers 10706, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olson, Dennis & Bley, Jorg, 2008. "Asset allocation with differential borrowing and lending rates," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 629-643, October.
- Lioui, Abraham, 2007. "The asset allocation puzzle is still a puzzle," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1185-1216, April.
- Lin, Wen-chang & Lu, Jin-ray, 2012. "Risky asset allocation and consumption rule in the presence of background risk and insurance markets," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 150-158.
- Isabelle Bajeux-Besnainou & Kurtay Ogunc, 2006. "Spending rules for endowment funds," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 93-107, August.
More about this item
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:91:y:2001:i:4:p:1170-1179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.