Productivity Growth and Factor Prices in East Asia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim Jong-Il & Lau Lawrence J., 1994. "The Sources of Economic Growth of the East Asian Newly Industrialized Countries," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 235-271, September.
- D. W. Jorgenson & Z. Griliches, 1967. "The Explanation of Productivity Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 249-283.
- Shapiro, Matthew D, 1987.
"Are Cyclical Fluctuations in Productivity Due More to Supply Shocks or Demand Shocks?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 118-124.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, 1987. "Are Cyclical Fluctuations in Productivity Due More to Supply Shocks or Demand Shocks?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 822, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, 1987. "Are Cyclical Fluctuations in Productivity Due More to Supply Shocks or Demand Shocks?," NBER Working Papers 2147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susan M. Collins & Barry P. Bosworth, 1996. "Economic Growth in East Asia: Accumulation versus Assimilation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 27(2), pages 135-204.
- Gregory Mankiw, 1995.
"The Growth of Nations,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 275-326.
- N. Gregory Mankiw, 1995. "The Growth of Nations," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1732, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Ermisch, J. F. & Huff, W. G., 1999. "Hypergrowth in an East Asian NIC: Public policy and capital accumulation in Singapore," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 21-38, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lin, T. -C., 2003. "Education, technical progress, and economic growth: the case of Taiwan," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 213-220, April.
- Shu-Shiuan Lu, 2012.
"East Asian growth experience revisited from the perspective of a neoclassical model,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(3), pages 359-376, July.
- Shu-Shiuan Lu, 2012. "Online Appendix to "East Asian Growth Experience Revisited from the Perspective of a Neoclassical Model"," Technical Appendices 09-1, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Shu-shiuan Lu, 2012. "Code and data files for "East Asian growth experience revisited from the perspective of a neoclassical model"," Computer Codes 09-1, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Hiau Looi Kee, 2005.
"Productivity or Endowments? Sectoral Evidence for Hong Kong's Aggregate Growth ,"
Asian Economic Journal,
East Asian Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 51-81, March.
- Hiau Looi Kee, 2002. "Productivity in endowments : sectoral evidence for Hong Kong's aggregate growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2892, The World Bank.
- Raurich, Xavier & Sala, Hector & Sorolla, Valeri, 2012.
"Factor shares, the price markup, and the elasticity of substitution between capital and labor,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, pages 181-198.
- Xavier Raurich & Hector Sala & Valeri Sorolla, 2010. "Factor shares, the price markup, and the elasticity of substitution between capital and labor," Working Papers in Economics 250, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Xavier Raurich & Hector Sala & Valeri Sorolla, 2011. "Factor shares, the price markup, and the elasticity of substitution between capital and labor," Working Papers wpdea1109, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Raurich, Xavier & Sala, Hector & Sorolla, Valeri, 2011. "Factor Shares, the Price Markup, and the Elasticity of Substitution between Capital and Labor," IZA Discussion Papers 5992, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Catia Batista & Jacques Potin, 2007. "Heckscher-Ohlin Specialization and the Marginal Product of Capital, 1976-2000," Economics Series Working Papers 357, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Antras, Pol & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2003.
"Factor prices and productivity growth during the British industrial revolution,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 52-77, January.
- Pol Antràs & Hans Joachim Voth, 2000. "Factor prices and productivity growth during the British Industrial Revolution," Economics Working Papers 495, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Antras, Pol & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2003. "Factor Prices and Productivity Growth During the British Industrial Revolution," Scholarly Articles 3199066, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kee, Hiau Looi, 2002. "Markups, returns to scale, and productivity : a case study of Singapore's manufacturing sector," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2857, The World Bank.
- Chia-Hung Sun, 2005. "Productivity growth in East Asian manufacturing: a fading miracle or measurement problem?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 1-19.
- Mary Hallward-Driemeier & Giuseppe Iarossi & Kenneth L. Sokoloff, 2002. "Exports and Manufacturing Productivity in East Asia: A Comparative Analysis with Firm-Level Data," NBER Working Papers 8894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kee Hiau Looi, 2004. "Estimating Productivity When Primal and Dual TFP Accounting Fail: An Illustration Using Singapore's Industries," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, pages 1-40.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary, 2001. "Firm-level survey provides data on Asia's corporate crisis and recovery," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2515, The World Bank.
- Xianwei Fan & Dan Zheng & Minjun Shi, 2016. "How Does Land Development Promote China’s Urban Economic Growth? The Mediating Effect of Public Infrastructure," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-12, March.
- Peter C. Mancall & Joshua L. Rosenbloom & Thomas Weiss, 2000. "South Carolina Slave Prices, 1722-1809," NBER Historical Working Papers 0123, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Bailey Klinger & Rodrigo Wagner, 2008. "Doing Growth Diagnostics in Practice: A 'Mindbook'," CID Working Papers 177, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:3:p:279:d:65950 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chia-hung Sun, 2004. "Market Imperfection and Productivity Growth—Alternative Estimates for Taiwan," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 5-27, July.
- Toh, Mun Heng & Ng, Wai Choong, 2002. "Efficiency of investments in Asian economies: has Singapore over-invested," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, pages 52-71.
- Charles R. Hulten & Sylaja Srinivasan, 1999. "Indian Manufacturing Industry: Elephant or Tiger? New Evidence on the Asian Miracle," NBER Working Papers 7441, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jesus Felipe & John S.L. McCombie, 2013. "The Aggregate Production Function and the Measurement of Technical Change," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1975, September.
More about this item
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- E25 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Aggregate Factor Income Distribution
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:89:y:1999:i:2:p:133-138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.