The Lender of Last Resort in the Wake of the Crash
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 79 (1989)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/aer/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- Florackis, Chris & Kontonikas, Alexandros & Kostakis, Alexandros, 2014.
"Stock market liquidity and macro-liquidity shocks: Evidence from the 2007–2009 financial crisis,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 97-117.
- Chris Florackis & Alexandros Kontonikas & Alexandros Kostakis, "undated". "Stock market liquidity and macro-liquidity shocks: Evidence from the 2007-2009 financial crisis," Working Papers 2013_13, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Florackis, Chris & Kontonikas, Alexandros & Kostakis, Alexandros, 2013. "Stock Market Liquidity and Macro-Liquidity Shocks: Evidence from the 2007-2009 Financial Crisis," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-58, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Chris Florackis & Alexandros Kontonikas & Alexandros Kostakis, 2010. "Transmission of macro-liquidity shocks to liquidity-sorted stock portfolios’ returns: The role of the financial crisis," Working Papers 2011_22, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow, revised Apr 2011.
- Florackis, Chris & Kostakis, Alexandros & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2011. "Transmission of macro-liquidity shocks to liquidity-sorted stock portfolios’ returns: The role of the financial crisis," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-31, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Tarun Chordia & Asani Sarkar & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2003. "An empirical analysis of stock and bond market liquidity," Staff Reports 164, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Girardi, Alessandro & Paesani, Paolo, 2012. "Quoted spreads and trade imbalance dynamics in the European Treasury bond market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 173-182.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alessandro Girardi & Paolo Paesani, 2010. "Quoted Spreads and Trade Imbalance Dynamics in the European Treasury Bond Market," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1080, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alessandro Girardi & Paolo Paesani, 2010. "Quoted Spreads and Trade Imbalance Dynamics in the European Treasury Bond Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 3281, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chordia, Tarun & Sarkar, Asani & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2001. "An Empirical Analysis of Stock and Bond Market Liquidity: Forthcoming in the Review of Financial Studies," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt9178v9kq, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Sauer, Stephan, 2007. "Three Liquidity Crises in Retrospective: Implications for Central Banking Today," Discussion Papers in Economics 2011, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fratianni Michele, 2008. "Financial Crises, Safety Nets and Regulation," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 169-208.
- Michele Fratianni, 2008. "Financial Crises, Safety Nets, and Regulation," Working Papers 2008-08, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Michele Fratianni, 2008. "Financial Crises, Safety Nets and Regulation," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 5, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Tarun Chordia & Asani Sarkar & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2001. "Common determinants of bond and stock market liquidity: the impact of financial crises, monetary policy, and mutual fund flows," Staff Reports 141, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- John Pattison, 2001. "From Bagehot to Brussels: A Review of Which Lender of Last Resort for Europe (Charles A. E. Goodhart, ed.)," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 443-455, October.
- Najeb Masoud, 2012. "The impact of financial development on economic growth," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 148-173, July.
- Nikolaou, Kleopatra, 2009. "Liquidity (risk) concepts: definitions and interactions," Working Paper Series 1008, European Central Bank.
- Fernández-Amador, Octavio & Gächter, Martin & Larch, Martin & Peter, Georg, 2013. "Does monetary policy determine stock market liquidity? New evidence from the euro zone," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 54-68.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:79:y:1989:i:2:p:151-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed