The Precautionary Demand for Reserves
No abstract is available for this item.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 64 (1974)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/aer/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- Heller, Daniel & Lengwiler, Yvan, 2003. "Payment obligations, reserve requirements, and the demand for central bank balances," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 419-432, March.
- John P Jackson & Mark J Manning, 2007. "Comparing the pre-settlement risk implications of alternative clearing arrangements," Bank of England working papers 321, Bank of England.
- Ewerhart, Christian & Cassola, Nuno & Valla, Natacha, 2010.
"Declining valuations and equilibrium bidding in central bank refinancing operations,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 30-43, January.
- Ewerhart, Christian & Cassola, Nuno & Valla, Natacha, 2006. "Declining valuations and equilibrium bidding in central bank refinancing operations," Working Paper Series 0668, European Central Bank.
- Christian Ewerhart & Nuno Cassola & Natacha Valla, 2007. "Declining Valuations And Equilibrium Bidding In Central Bank Refinancing Operations," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 07-22, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Eduardo J. J. Ganapolsky, 2003. "Reserve requirements, bank runs, and optimal policies in small open economies," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2003-39, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Deborah Lucas & Robert L. McDonald, 1987. "Bank Financing and Investment Decisions with Asymmetric Information," NBER Working Papers 2422, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- KAMGNA, Severin Yves & Ndambendia, Houdou, 2008. "Excès de liquidité systémique et effectivité de la politique monétaire : cas des pays de la CEMAC
[Excess liquidity and monetary policy effectiveness: The case of CEMAC countries]," MPRA Paper 9599, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Phong T. H. Ngo, 2006. "A Theory of Precautionary Regulatory Capital in Banking," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2006-465, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Fátima Teresa Sol Murta & Ana Margarida Garcia, 2010. "The Demand for Excess Reserves in the Euro Area and the Impact of the Current Credit Crisis," GEMF Working Papers 2010-01, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Lucas, Deborah & McDonald, Robert L., 1987. "Bank portfolio choice with private information about loan quality : Theory and implications for regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 473-497, September.
- Deborah Lucas & Robert L. McDonald, 1987. "Bank Portfolio Choice with Private Information About Loan Quality: Theory and Implications for Regulation," NBER Working Papers 2421, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben O’Neill, 2015. "Some statistical aspects of precautionary reserves in banking," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 28(2), pages 179-193, June.
- Tarron Khemraj, 2009. "Excess liquidity and the foreign currency constraint: the case of monetary management in Guyana," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(16), pages 2073-2084.
- Khemraj, Tarron, 2008. "Excess Liquidity and the Foreign Currency Constraint: The Case of Monetary Management in Guyana," MPRA Paper 53127, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cassola, N. & Ewerhart , C. & Valla, N., 2006. "Declining Valuations and Equilibrium Bidding Central Bank Refinancing Operations," Working papers 151, Banque de France.
- Mark J Manning & Matthew Willison, 2006. "Modelling the cross-border use of collateral in payment systems," Bank of England working papers 286, Bank of England.
- Khemraj, Tarron, 2007. "Monetary policy and excess liquidity: the case of Guyana," MPRA Paper 53126, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Angelini, Paolo, 1998. "An analysis of competitive externalities in gross settlement systems," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Baltensperger, Ernst & Milde, Hellmuth, 1975. "Predictability of reserve demand, information costs and portfolio behavior of commercial banks," Discussion Papers, Series I 55, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Ewerhart, Christian & Cassola, Nuno & Valla, Natacha, 2006. "Declining valuations and equilibrium bidding in central bank refinancing operations," Working Paper Series 668, European Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:64:y:1974:i:1:p:205-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed