Kinship and Financial Networks, Formal Financial Access, and Risk Reduction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dean Karlan & Markus Mobius & Tanya Rosenblat & Adam Szeidl, 2009.
"Trust and Social Collateral,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 1307-1361.
- Markus Mobius & Adam Szeidl, 2007. "Trust and Social Collateral," NBER Working Papers 13126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Szeidl, Adam & Rosenblat, Tanya & Mobius, Markus & Karlan, Dean, 2009. "Trust and Social Collateral," Scholarly Articles 3051620, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Karlan, Dean & Mobius, Markus & Rosenblat, Tanya & Szeidl, Adam, 2009. "Trust and Social Collateral," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13026, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Townsend, Robert M, 1994.
"Risk and Insurance in Village India,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 539-591, May.
- Robert M. Townsend, "undated". "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 91-3a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Townsend, R.M., 1991. "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 91-3, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:131:y:2018:i:c:p:123-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Felipe Kast & Dina Pomeranz, 2013.
"Saving More to Borrow Less: Experimental Evidence from Access to Formal Savings Accounts in Chile,"
Harvard Business School Working Papers
14-001, Harvard Business School, revised Jun 2014.
- Felipe Kast & Dina Pomeranz, 2014. "Saving More to Borrow Less: Experimental Evidence from Access to Formal Savings Accounts in Chile," NBER Working Papers 20239, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goodspeed, Tyler Beck, 2016. "Microcredit and adjustment to environmental shock: Evidence from the Great Famine in Ireland," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 258-277.
- Arthur Campbell, 2014. "Signaling in social network and social capital formation," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 57(2), pages 303-337, October.
- Diego A.Vera-Cossio, 2017. "Targeting Credit through Community Members," PIER Discussion Papers 78, Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Dec 2017.
- Giovanni Mastrobuoni, 2013.
"The Value of Connections: Evidence from the Italian-American Mafia,"
Carlo Alberto Notebooks
335, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Mastrobuoni, Giovanni, 2014. "The Value of Connections: Evidence from the Italian-American Mafia," IZA Discussion Papers 7925, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alem, Mauro & Townsend, Robert M., 2014. "An evaluation of financial institutions: Impact on consumption and investment using panel data and the theory of risk-bearing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 183(1), pages 91-103.
- Lindner, Ines & Strulik, Holger, 2014.
"From tradition to modernity: Economic growth in a small world,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 17-29.
- Lindner, Ines & Strulik, Holger, 2011. "From Tradition to Modernity: Economic Growth in a Small World," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-478, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Ines Lindner & Holger Strulik, 2012. "From Tradition to Modernity: Economic Growth in a Small World," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-035/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Amberg, Niklas & Jacobson, Tor & von Schedvin, Erik & Townsend, Robert, 2016.
"Curbing Shocks to Corporate Liquidity: The Role of Trade Credit,"
Working Paper Series
320, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Niklas Amberg & Tor Jacobson & Erik von Schedvin & Robert Townsend, 2016. "Curbing Shocks to Corporate Liquidity: The Role of Trade Credit," NBER Working Papers 22286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Rogers, Brian & Zenou, Yves, 2016. "Networks: An economic perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 11452, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Diego A. Vera-Cossio, 2017. "Targeting credit through community members," Development Research Working Paper Series 07/2017, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Miguel Ángel Borrella Mas & Mariano Bosch Mossi & Marcello Sartarelli, 2016. "Non-Contributory Pensions Number-Gender Effects on Poverty and Household Decisions," Working Papers. Serie AD 2016-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Attila Ambrus & Arun G. Chandrasekhar & Matt Elliott, 2014. "Social Investments, Informal Risk Sharing, and Inequality," NBER Working Papers 20669, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Karaivanov & Robert M. Townsend, 2014.
"Dynamic Financial Constraints: Distinguishing Mechanism Design From Exogenously Incomplete Regimes,"
Econometric Society, vol. 82(3), pages 887-959, May.
- Alexander Karaivanov & Robert M. Townsend, 2013. "Dynamic Financial Constraints: Distinguishing Mechanism Design from Exogenously Incomplete Regimes," NBER Working Papers 19617, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:102:y:2012:i:3:p:289-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.