Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
2004, Volume 59, Issue 5
- 1047-1058 Sociocultural context of women's body image
by Paquette, M.-C.Marie-Claude & Raine, Kim
- 1059-1069 The problem of evidence-based medicine: directions for social science
by Mykhalovskiy, Eric & Weir, Lorna
- 1071-1079 'It takes three to tango':: a framework for understanding patient partnership in paediatric clinics
by Gabe, Jonathan & Olumide, Gillian & Bury, Michael
- 1081-1094 Occupational stressors and hypertension: a multi-method study using observer-based job analysis and self-reports in urban transit operators
by Greiner, Birgit A. & Krause, Niklas & Ragland, David & Fisher, J.M.June M.
- 1095-1108 Remaking family life: strategies for re-establishing continuity among Congolese refugees during the family reunification process
by Rousseau, C.Cécile & Rufagari, Marie-Claire & Bagilishya, Déogratias & Measham, Toby
- 1109-1116 Self-rated oral health as an independent predictor of self-rated general health, self-esteem and life satisfaction
by Benyamini, Yael & Leventhal, Howard & Leventhal, E.A.Elaine A.
2004, Volume 59, Issue 4
- 667-679 Women's menarche stories from a multicultural sample
by Uskul, A.K.Ayse K.
- 681-694 Health service utilization for perceived postpartum morbidity among poor women living in Karachi
by Fikree, Fariyal F. & Ali, Tazeen & Durocher, Jill M. & Rahbar, Mohammad H.
- 695-708 Gender inequality, family planning, and maternal and child care in a rural Chinese county
by Li, Jianghong
- 709-720 Eating, drinking and being depressed: the social, cultural and psychological context of alcohol consumption and nutrition in a Brazilian community
by Dressler, William W. & Ribeiro, Rosane Pilot & Balieiro, Mauro Campos & Oths, Kathryn S. & Dos Santos, J.E.José Ernesto
- 721-733 Chronic diseases and depression: the modifying role of psychosocial resources
by Bisschop, M. Isabella & Kriegsman, Didi M. W. & Beekman, Aartjan T. F. & Deeg, D.J.H.Dorly J. H.
- 735-751 'White liquor hits black livers': meanings of excessive liquor consumption in South Africa in the second half of the twentieth century
by Mager, Anne
- 753-762 Sociocultural aspects of tuberculosis: a literature review and a case study of immigrant tuberculosis
by Ho, M.-J.Ming-Jung
- 763-773 A social disease/a social response: lessons in tuberculosis from early 20th century Chile
by Paluzzi, J.E.Joan E.
- 775-785 Physician commitment in end of life care--perspectives from New Zealand and the Netherlands
by Mitchell, K.
- 787-797 RCT of a theory-based intervention promoting healthy eating and physical activity amongst out-patients older than 65 years
by Kelley, Kate & Abraham, C.Charles
- 799-812 The impact of stigma on maternal attitudes toward placement of children with disabilities in residential care facilities
by Green, S.E.Sara E.
- 813-823 Physical, mental and social factors associated with frequent attendance in Danish general practice. A population-based cross-sectional study
by Vedsted, Peter & Fink, Per & Sørensen, H.T.Henrik Toft & Olesen, Frede
- 825-835 Los Años de la Crisis: An examination of change in differential infant mortality risk within Mexico
by Frank, R. & Finch, B.K.Brian Karl
- 837-849 A comparison of traditional healers' medicinal plant knowledge in the Bolivian Andes and Amazon
by Vandebroek, Ina & Van Damme, Patrick & Van Puyvelde, Luc & Arrazola, Susana & De Kimpe, Norbert
- 851-860 Dhandha, dharma and disease: traditional sex work and HIV/AIDS in rural India
by O'Neil, John & Orchard, Treena & Swarankar, R. C. & Blanchard, J.F.James F. & Gurav, Kaveri & Moses, Stephen
- 861-868 'It might happen or it might not': how patients with multiple sclerosis explain their perception of prognostic risk
by Boeije, Hennie R. & Janssens, A.C.J.W.A. Cecile J. W.
- 869-884 The post-war public health effects of civil conflict
by Ghobarah, H.A.Hazem Adam & Huth, Paul & Russett, Bruce
2004, Volume 59, Issue 3
- 445-456 Gendered communication among young people in Mexico: implications for sexual health interventions
by Marston, Cicely
- 457-471 Risks, stigma and Honduran Garífuna conceptions of HIV/AIDS
by Stansbury, James P. & Sierra, Manuel
- 473-487 Socio-cultural influences on young people's sexual development
by Shoveller, Jean A. & Johnson, Joy L. & Langille, Donald B. & Mitchell, Terry
- 489-499 "Viagra stories": challenging 'erectile dysfunction'
by Potts, Annie & Grace, Victoria & Gavey, Nicola & Vares, Tiina
- 501-523 A critical review of behavioral issues related to malaria control in sub-Saharan Africa:: what contributions have social scientists made?
by Williams, Holly Ann & Jones, Caroline O. H.
- 525-539 Cost-effectiveness of malaria control interventions when malaria mortality is low: insecticide-treated nets versus in-house residual spraying in India
by Bhatia, Mrigesh R & Fox-Rushby, Julia & Mills, Anne
- 541-551 A comparison of breast, testicular and prostate cancer in mass print media (1996-2001)
by Clarke, Juanne Nancarrow
- 553-565 Accommodating risk: Responses to BRCA1/2 genetic testing of women who have had cancer
by Hallowell, N. & Foster, C. & Eeles, R. & Ardern-Jones, A. & Watson, M.
- 567-571 Gender and physical violence
by Steen, Knut & Hunskaar, Steinar
- 573-583 "Social thinking" and cultural images: teenagers' notions of tobacco use
by Stjerna, Marie-Louise & Lauritzen, Sonja Olin & Tillgren, Per
- 585-594 Using a point system in the management of waiting lists: the case of cataracts
by Rodríguez-Míguez, Eva & Herrero, Carmen & Pinto-Prades, José Luis
- 595-607 Social capital, the miniaturisation of community and self-reported global and psychological health
by Lindström, Martin
- 609-623 Physical well-being and school enrollment:: a comparison of adopted and biological children in one-child families in China
by Liu, Jihong & Wyshak, Grace & Larsen, Ulla
- 625-635 Present concerns of survivors of human rights violations in South Africa
by Kagee, Ashraf
- 637-651 Authorizing tradition: vectors of contention in Highland Maya midwifery
by Hinojosa, Servando Z.
- 653-662 Turning the tide: Benefit finding after cancer surgery
by Schulz, Ute & Mohamed, Nihal E.
2004, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 223-233 Integrating genetics as practices of primary care
by Robins, Rosemary & Metcalfe, Sylvia
- 235-248 Optimising clinical practice in cancer genetics with cultural competence: lessons to be learned from ethnographic research with Chinese-Australians
by Eisenbruch, M.Maurice & Yeo, Soo See & Meiser, Bettina & Goldstein, David & Tucker, Kathy & Barlow-Stewart, Kristine
- 249-261 Socioeconomic differences in cancer screening participation: comparing cognitive and psychosocial explanations
by Wardle, Jane & McCaffery, Kirsten & Nadel, Marion & Atkin, Wendy
- 263-274 Women, family demands and health: the importance of employment status and socio-economic position
by Artazcoz, L.Lucía & Borrell, Carme & Benach, Joan & Cortès, Imma & Rohlfs, Izabella
- 275-283 Understanding the role of mediating risk factors and proxy effects in the association between socio-economic status and untreated hypertension
by Colin Bell, A. & Adair, Linda S. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 285-297 AIDS-talk in everyday life: the presence of HIV/AIDS in men's informal conversation in Southern Malawi
by Kaler, Amy
- 299-310 Secretive females or swaggering males?: An assessment of the quality of sexual partnership reporting in rural Tanzania
by Nnko, Soori & Boerma, J.T.J Ties & Urassa, Mark & Mwaluko, Gabriel & Zaba, Basia
- 311-319 Violent deaths among women of reproductive age in rural Bangladesh
by Ahmed, M.K.M. Kapil & van Ginneken, Jeroen & Razzaque, Abdur & Alam, Nurul
- 321-333 Dependency, democracy, and infant mortality: a quantitative, cross-national analysis of less developed countries
by Shandra, John M. & Nobles, Jenna & London, Bruce & Williamson, J.B.John B.
- 335-349 Wilp Wa'ums: colonial encounter, decolonization and medical care among the Nisga'a
by Kelm, M.-E.Mary-Ellen
- 351-360 Use of a visual analogue scale in a daily patient diary: modelling cross-sectional time-series data on health-related quality of life
by Parkin, David & Rice, Nigel & Jacoby, Ann & Doughty, Julie
- 361-376 Geographical variation in acute psychiatric admissions within New York City 1990-2000: growing inequalities in service use?
by Almog, Michael & Curtis, Sarah & Copeland, Alison & Congdon, Peter
- 377-387 The health-promoting family: a conceptual framework for future research
by Christensen, Pia
- 389-403 The Israeli kibbutz as a venue for reduced disability in old age: lessons from the Cross-sectional And Longitudinal Aging Study (CALAS)
by Walter-Ginzburg, Adrian & Blumstein, Tzvia & Guralnik, Jack M.
- 405-414 Traffic stress, vehicular burden and well-being: A multilevel analysis
by Gee, Gilbert C. & Takeuchi, D.T.David T.
- 415-431 Popular perceptions of tobacco products and patterns of use among male college students in India
by Nichter, Mimi & Nichter, Mark & Sickle, David Van
- 433-442 Use of benzodiazepine drugs and perceived job stress in a cohort of working men and women in Belgium. Results from the BELSTRESS-study
by Pelfrene, Edwin & Vlerick, Peter & Moreau, Michel & Mak, Rudolf P. & Kornitzer, Marcel & Backer, G.D.Guy De
2004, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-12 Material deprivation and self-rated health: a multilevel study of adolescents from 22 European and North American countries
by Torsheim, Torbjorn & Currie, Candace & Boyce, William & Kalnins, Ilze & Overpeck, Mary & Haugland, Siren
- 13-27 Evidence on equalisation in health in youth from the West of Scotland
by West, Patrick & Sweeting, Helen
- 29-38 The impact of job strain on social isolation: a longitudinal analysis of French workers
by Vézina, Michel & Derriennic, Francis & Monfort, Christine
- 39-46 Medical malpractice as an epidemiological problem
by Mello, Michelle M. & Hemenway, David
- 47-55 The threatened self: general practitioners' self-perception in relation to prescribing medicine
by Henriksen, Kristin & Hansen, Ebba Holme
- 57-68 Planning for the end of life:: the views of older people about advance care statements
by Seymour, Jane & Gott, Merryn & Bellamy, Gary & Ahmedzai, Sam H. & Clark, David
- 69-81 Multigenerational family structure in Japanese society: impacts on stress and health behaviors among women and men
by Takeda, Yasuhisa & Kawachi, Ichiro & Yamagata, Zentaro & Hashimoto, Shuji & Matsumura, Yasuhiro & Oguri, Shigenori & Okayama, Akira
- 83-91 Decision-making models in Japanese psychiatry: Transitions from passive to active patterns
by Slingsby, B. T.
- 93-102 Is patient involvement possible when decisions involve scarce resources? A qualitative study of decision-making in primary care
by Jones, Ian Rees & Berney, Lee & Kelly, Moira & Doyal, Len & Griffiths, Chris & Feder, Gene & Hillier, Sheila & Rowlands, Gillian & Curtis, Sarah
- 103-112 In motion, out of place: the public space(s) of Tourette Syndrome
by Davis, Kat Kleman & Davis, Jeffrey Sasha & Dowler, Lorraine
- 113-127 Characteristics of binge drinkers in Europe
by Kuntsche, E. & Rehm, J. & Gmel, G.
- 129-143 Social inequality and ethnic differences in smoking in New Zealand
by Barnett, Ross & Moon, Graham & Kearns, Robin
- 145-155 Physician-patient dialogue surrounding patients' expression of concern: applying sequence analysis to RIAS
by Eide, Hilde & Quera, Vicenç & Graugaard, Peter & Finset, Arnstein
- 157-162 How do health workers and community members perceive and practice community participation in the Bamako Initiative programme in Nigeria? A case study of Oji River local government area
by Uzochukwu, Benjamin S. C. & Akpala, Cyril O. & Onwujekwe, Obinna E.
- 163-183 Decentralization and public services: the case of immunization
by Khaleghian, Peyvand
- 185-198 Social, cultural and sexual behavioral determinants of observed decline in HIV infection trends: lessons from the Kagera Region, Tanzania
by Lugalla, Joe & Emmelin, Maria & Mutembei, Aldin & Sima, Mwiru & Kwesigabo, Gideon & Killewo, Japhet & Dahlgren, Lars
- 199-208 Economies of scale and scope in Vietnamese hospitals
by Weaver, Marcia & Deolalikar, Anil
- 209-219 Pushing the boundaries of outreach work: the case of needle exchange outreach programs in Canada
by Strike, Carol J. & O'Grady, Caroline & Myers, Ted & Millson, Margaret
2004, Volume 58, Issue 12
- 2383-2396 The Scope of pharmacy ethics--an evaluation of the international research literature, 1990-2002
by Wingfield, Joy & Bissell, Paul & Anderson, Claire
- 2397-2407 Pharmaceuticals in Australia: developments in regulation and governance
by Lofgren, Hans & Boer, Rebecca de
- 2409-2419 The failure of pharmaceuticals and the power of plants: medicinal discourse as a critique of modernity in the Amazon
by Wayland, Coral
- 2421-2429 Unrest in Utopia: Israeli patients' dissatisfaction with non-conventional medicine
by Fadlon, Judith
- 2431-2444 Place of death: preferences among cancer patients and their carers
by Thomas, C & Morris, S.M & Clark, D
- 2445-2457 Seeking informed consent to cancer clinical trials:: describing current practice
by Brown, R.F & Butow, P.N & Ellis, P & Boyle, F & Tattersall, M.H.N
- 2459-2471 Changing places. Do changes in the relative deprivation of areas influence limiting long-term illness and mortality among non-migrant people living in non-deprived households?
by Boyle, Paul & Norman, Paul & Rees, Philip
- 2473-2483 Stress and physical health: the role of neighborhoods as mediating and moderating mechanisms
by Boardman, Jason D
- 2485-2498 The maternal depletion transition in northern Kenya: the effects of settlement, development and disparity
by Shell-Duncan, Bettina & Yung, Stacie A
- 2499-2507 Social transfers and the health status of mothers in Norway and Canada
by Curtis, Lori & Phipps, Shelley
- 2509-2521 A model for alcohol-mediated violence in an Australian Aboriginal community
by Shore, Jay H & Spicer, Paul
- 2523-2535 The effects of regional characteristics on alcohol-related mortality--a register-based multilevel analysis of 1.1 million men
by Blomgren, Jenni & Martikainen, Pekka & Mäkelä, Pia & Valkonen, Tapani
- 2537-2543 Death rates of medical school class presidents
by Redelmeier, Donald A & Kwong, Jeffrey C
- 2545-2558 Careers and mortality in France: evidence on how far occupational mobility predicts differentiated risks
by Cambois, Emmanuelle
- 2559-2569 Wellbeing and mental growth--long-term effects of legal abortion
by Kero, A & Högberg, U & Lalos, A
- 2571-2583 'Symbiotic niceness': constructing a therapeutic relationship in psychosocial palliative care
by Li, Sarah
- 2585-2600 Gender differences in health: a Canadian study of the psychosocial, structural and behavioural determinants of health
by Denton, Margaret & Prus, Steven & Walters, Vivienne
- 2601-2612 A socio-ecological autopsy of the E. coli O157:H7 outbreak in Walkerton, Ontario, Canada
by Ali, S.Harris
- 2613-2623 Midwifery practice and the crisis of modernity: implications for the role of the midwife
by Hyde, Abbey & Roche-Reid, Bernadette
- 2625-2636 Isumagijaksaq: mindful of the state: social constructions of Inuit suicide
by Tester, Frank James & McNicoll, Paule
- 2637-2644 Karenni refugees living in Thai-Burmese border camps: traumatic experiences, mental health outcomes, and social functioning
by Cardozo, Barbara Lopes & Talley, Leisel & Burton, Ann & Crawford, Carol
- 2645-2654 Social capital is associated with decreased risk of hunger
by Martin, Katie S & Rogers, Beatrice L & Cook, John T & Joseph, Hugh M
- 2655-2666 Profiles of people with type 2 diabetes mellitus: the extremes of glycemic control
by Savoca, Margaret R & Miller, Carla K & Quandt, Sara A
2004, Volume 58, Issue 11
- 2093-2103 General practitioner attitudes to discussing sexual health issues with older people
by Gott, Merryn & Hinchliff, Sharron & Galena, Elisabeth
- 2105-2118 Ambivalent tales of HIV disclosure in San Francisco
by Sheon, Nicolas & Crosby, G. Michael
- 2119-2132 Community group participation:: Can it help young women to avoid HIV? An exploratory study of social capital and school education in rural Zimbabwe
by Gregson, Simon & Terceira, Nicola & Mushati, Phyllis & Nyamukapa, Constance & Campbell, Catherine
- 2133-2143 Veterans seeking disability benefits for post-traumatic stress disorder: who applies and the self-reported meaning of disability compensation
by Sayer, Nina A. & Spoont, Michele & Nelson, Dave
- 2145-2148 Prospective association of anxiety, depressive, and addictive disorders with high utilization of primary, specialty and emergency medical care
by Ford, Julian D. & Trestman, Robert L. & Steinberg, Karen & Tennen, Howard & Allen, Scott
- 2149-2170 Life-course experiences and mortality by adult social class among young men
by Pensola, Tiina & Martikainen, Pekka
- 2171-2179 Life course influences on quality of life in early old age
by Blane, D. & Higgs, P. & Hyde, M. & Wiggins, R. D.
- 2181-2191 Regulation of junior doctors' work hours: an analysis of British and American doctors' experiences and attitudes
by Jagsi, Reshma & Surender, Rebecca
- 2193-2210 The migration of doctors and nurses from South Pacific Island Nations
by Brown, Richard P. C. & Connell, John
- 2211-2218 Repeated follow-up as a method for reducing non-trading behaviour in discrete choice experiments
by Cairns, John & van der Pol, Marjon
- 2219-2229 Testing the internal consistency of the standard gamble in 'success' and 'failure' frames
by Oliver, Adam
- 2231-2241 Policy analysis in an information-rich environment
by Roos, Leslie L. & Menec, Verena & Currie, R. J.
- 2243-2252 Inter-professional conflict and professionalization: dentistry and dental hygiene in Ontario
by Adams, Tracey L.
- 2253-2265 A methodological and substantive review of the evidence that schools cause pupils to smoke
by Aveyard, Paul & Markham, Wolfgang A. & Cheng, K. K.
- 2267-2277 Mental health and social capital in Cali, Colombia
by Harpham, Trudy & Grant, Emma & Rodriguez, Carlos
- 2279-2289 Choosing where to deliver: decision criteria among women with low-risk pregnancies in France
by Combier, E. & Zeitlin, J. & de Courcel, N. & Vasseur, S. & Lalouf, A. & Amat-Roze, J. M. & de Pouvourville, G.
- 2291-2300 "No somos iguales": The effect of household economic standing on women's energy intake in the Andes
by Graham, Margaret A.
- 2301-2312 Changing gender roles and health impacts among female workers in export-processing industries in Sri Lanka
by Attanapola, Chamila T.
- 2313-2324 Patients' perceptions of informed consent in acute myocardial infarction research: a Danish study
by Gammelgaard, Anne & Rossel, Peter & Mortensen, Ole Steen
- 2325-2336 The medical practice of patient autonomy and cancer treatment refusals: a patients' and physicians' perspective
by van Kleffens, Titia & van Baarsen, Berna & van Leeuwen, Evert
- 2337-2347 Liminality as biographical disruption: unclassifiability following hormonal therapy for advanced prostate cancer
by Navon, Liora & Morag, Amira
- 2349-2361 United States coronary mortality trends and community services associated with occupational structure, among blacks and whites, 1984-1998
by Armstrong, Donna L. & Strogatz, David & Wang, Ruby
- 2363-2369 Unloading the trunk: neurasthenia, CFS and race
by Luthra, A. & Wessely, S.
- 2371-2382 Controlling diabetes, controlling diabetics: moral language in the management of diabetes type 2
by Broom, Dorothy & Whittaker, Andrea
2004, Volume 58, Issue 10
- 1809-1823 The motivation and behaviour of hospital Trusts
by Crilly, Tessa & Le Grand, Julian
- 1825-1836 Effects of early health-insurance programs on European mortality and fertility trends
by Winegarden, C. R. & Murray, John E.
- 1837-1848 Disability in society--medical and non-medical determinants for disability pension in a Norwegian total county population study
by Krokstad, Steinar & Westin, Steinar
- 1849-1851 Portfolio evaluation of health programs: a reply to Sendi et al
by Bridges, John F. P. & Terris, Darcey D.
- 1853-1855 Portfolio theory and the alternative decision rule of cost-effectiveness analysis: theoretical and practical considerations
by Sendi, Pedram & Al, Maiwenn J. & Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 1857-1868 Adjustment latitude and attendance requirements as determinants of sickness absence or attendance. Empirical tests of the illness flexibility model
by Johansson, Gun & Lundberg, Ingvar
- 1869-1887 Social class and self-reported health status among men and women: what is the role of work organisation, household material standards and household labour?
by Borrell, Carme & Muntaner, Carles & Benach, Joan & Artazcoz, Lucía
- 1889-1901 Tinker, tailor, soldier, patient: work attributes and depression disparities among young adults
by Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Christakis, Dimitri A. & Vander Stoep, Ann
- 1903-1915 Maintenance of subjective health during a merger: the role of experienced change and pre-merger social support at work in white- and blue-collar workers
by Väänänen, Ari & Pahkin, Krista & Kalimo, Raija & Buunk, Bram P.
- 1917-1927 Child well-being and neighbourhood quality: evidence from the Canadian National Longitudinal Survey of Children and Youth
by Curtis, Lori J. & Dooley, Martin D. & Phipps, Shelley A.
- 1929-1952 The (mis)estimation of neighborhood effects: causal inference for a practicable social epidemiology
by Oakes, J. Michael
- 1953-1960 Estimating neighborhood health effects: the challenges of causal inference in a complex world
by Diez Roux, Ana V.
- 1961-1967 The relevance of multilevel statistical methods for identifying causal neighborhood effects
by Subramanian, S. V.
- 1969-1971 Causal inference and the relevance of social epidemiology
by Oakes, J. Michael
- 1973-1984 Patients or partners? Case studies of user involvement in the planning and delivery of adult mental health services in London
by Rutter, Deborah & Manley, Catherine & Weaver, Tim & Crawford, Mike J. & Fulop, Naomi
- 1985-1997 Cumulative biological risk and socio-economic differences in mortality: MacArthur Studies of Successful Aging
by Seeman, Teresa E. & Crimmins, Eileen & Huang, Mei-Hua & Singer, Burton & Bucur, Alexander & Gruenewald, Tara & Berkman, Lisa F. & Reuben, David B.
- 1999-2008 Modernized education of traditional medicine in Korea: is it contributing to the same type of professionalization seen in Western medicine?
by Kim, Chang-yup & Lim, Byungmook
- 2009-2022 Parental role in medical decision-making: fact or fiction? A comparative study of ethical dilemmas in French and American neonatal intensive care units
by Orfali, Kristina
- 2023-2033 Educational differences in starting excessive alcohol consumption: explanations from the longitudinal GLOBE study
by Droomers, Mariël & Schrijvers, Carola T. M. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 2035-2043 Prediction of survival: a comparison between two subjective health measures in an elderly population
by Baron-Epel, Orna & Shemy, Galia & Carmel, Sara
- 2045-2067 Changing geographic access to and locational efficiency of health services in two Indian districts between 1981 and 1996
by Kumar, Naresh
- 2069-2081 Social networks and self-rated health in two French-speaking Canadian community dwelling populations over 65
by Zunzunegui, M. V. & Koné, A. & Johri, M. & Béland, F. & Wolfson, C. & Bergman, H.
- 2083-2092 Effects of drug treatment for heroin sniffers: a protective factor against moving to injection?
by Kelley, Margaret S. & Chitwood, Dale D.
2004, Volume 58, Issue 9
- 1575-1584 Women's body dissatisfaction, social class, and social mobility
by McLaren, Lindsay & Kuh, Diana
- 1585-1595 Do socioeconomic gradients in women's health widen over time and with age?
by Mishra, Gita D. & Ball, Kylie & Dobson, Annette J. & Byles, Julie E.
- 1597-1607 (Dis)embodying gender and sexuality in testicular cancer
by Gurevich, Maria & Bishop, Scott & Bower, Jo & Malka, Monika & Nyhof-Young, Joyce
- 1609-1622 Evaluating the effect of regulatory prohibitions against risk selection by health status on supplemental insurance ownership in Israel
by Gross, Revital & Brammli-Greenberg, Shuli
- 1623-1632 Insurance and the utilization of medical services
by Meer, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S.
- 1633-1634 Un-assured instruments: a comment on "insurance and the utilization of medical services"
by Joyce, Ted
- 1635-1645 'In this scenario, I do this, for these reasons': narrative, genre and ethical reasoning in the clinic
by Jordens, Christopher F. C. & Little, Miles
- 1647-1657 Understanding breast cancer stories via Frank's narrative types
by Thomas-MacLean, Roanne
- 1659-1669 Job decision latitude, organizational justice and health: multilevel covariance structure analysis
by Elovainio, Marko & Kivimäki, Mika & Steen, Nick & Vahtera, Jussi
- 1671-1688 The impact of atypical employment on individual wellbeing: evidence from a panel of British workers
by Bardasi, Elena & Francesconi, Marco
- 1689-1697 Therapeutic misconception and the appreciation of risks in clinical trials
by Lidz, Charles W. & Appelbaum, Paul S. & Grisso, Thomas & Renaud, Michelle
- 1699-1707 Women's preferences for and views on decision-making for diagnostic tests
by Davey, Heather M & Lim, Jacqueline & Butow, Phyllis N & Barratt, Alexandra L & Redman, Sally
- 1709-1718 The medicalization of compulsive buying
by Lee, Shirley & Mysyk, Avis
- 1719-1731 Gender bias among children in India in their diet and immunisation against disease
by Borooah, Vani K.
- 1733-1749 Which African men promote smaller families and why? Marital relations and fertility in a Pare community in Northern Tanzania
by Hollos, Marida & Larsen, Ulla
- 1751-1756 HIV and Islam: is HIV prevalence lower among Muslims?
by Gray, Peter B.
- 1757-1766 What constitutes evidence in hospital new drug decision making?
by Jenkings, K Neil & Barber, Nick
- 1767-1780 The influence of school culture on smoking among pupils
by Aveyard, Paul & Markham, Wolfgang A & Lancashire, Emma & Bullock, Alison & Macarthur, Christine & Cheng, K. K. & Daniels, Harry
- 1781-1793 'Cultivating health': therapeutic landscapes and older people in northern England
by Milligan, Christine & Gatrell, Anthony & Bingley, Amanda
- 1795-1806 The view from two worlds: The convergence of social network reports between mental health clients and their ties
by Pescosolido, Bernice A. & Wright, Eric R.
2004, Volume 58, Issue 8
- 1461-1461 Health inequalities and the psychosocial environment
by Marmot, Michael & Siegrist, Johannes
- 1463-1473 Health inequalities and the psychosocial environment--two scientific challenges
by Siegrist, Johannes & Marmot, Michael
- 1475-1482 Psychosocial factors at work and depression in three countries of Central and Eastern Europe
by Pikhart, Hynek & Bobak, Martin & Pajak, Andrzej & Malyutina, Sofia & Kubinova, Ruzena & Topor, Roman & Sebakova, Helena & Nikitin, Yuri & Marmot, Michael
- 1483-1499 The measurement of effort-reward imbalance at work: European comparisons
by Siegrist, Johannes & Starke, Dagmar & Chandola, Tarani & Godin, Isabelle & Marmot, Michael & Niedhammer, Isabelle & Peter, Richard
- 1501-1509 The effect of control at home on CHD events in the Whitehall II study: Gender differences in psychosocial domestic pathways to social inequalities in CHD
by Chandola, Tarani & Kuper, Hannah & Singh-Manoux, Archana & Bartley, Mel & Marmot, Michael
- 1511-1522 Psychobiological mechanisms of socioeconomic differences in health
by Kristenson, M. & Eriksen, H. R. & Sluiter, J. K. & Starke, D. & Ursin, H.
- 1523-1530 Work stress, socioeconomic status and neuroendocrine activation over the working day
by Kunz-Ebrecht, Sabine R. & Kirschbaum, Clemens & Steptoe, Andrew
- 1531-1541 Effort-reward imbalance model and self-reported health: cross-sectional and prospective findings from the GAZEL cohort
by Niedhammer, Isabelle & Tek, Marie-Ly & Starke, Dagmar & Siegrist, Johannes
- 1543-1553 Differential economic stability and psychosocial stress at work: associations with psychosomatic complaints and absenteeism
by Godin, Isabelle & Kittel, France
- 1555-1562 Can we disentangle life course processes of accumulation, critical period and social mobility? An analysis of disadvantaged socio-economic positions and myocardial infarction in the Stockholm Heart Epidemiology Program
by Hallqvist, Johan & Lynch, John & Bartley, Mel & Lang, Thierry & Blane, David
- 1563-1574 Social mobility and health in the Turin longitudinal study
by Cardano, Mario & Costa, Giuseppe & Demaria, Moreno
2004, Volume 58, Issue 7
- 1219-1229 Economy and job contract as contexts of sickness absence practices: revisiting locality and habitus
by Virtanen, P. & Vahtera, J. & Nakari, R. & Pentti, J. & Kivimäki, M.
- 1231-1245 Employee and union inputs into occupational health and safety measures in Chinese factories
by Chen, Meei-shia & Chan, Anita
- 1247-1256 Employment status, social ties, and caregivers' mental health
by Cannuscio, Carolyn C. & Colditz, Graham A. & Rimm, Eric B. & Berkman, Lisa F. & Jones, Camara P. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1257-1269 The impact of information on non-health attributes on willingness to pay for multiple health care programmes
by Protière, Christel & Donaldson, Cam & Luchini, Stéphane & Paul Moatti, Jean & Shackley, Phil
- 1271-1284 Spatial access to health care in Costa Rica and its equity: a GIS-based study
by Rosero-Bixby, Luis
- 1285-1297 Emergency contraception and morality: reflections of health care workers and clients
by Simonds, Wendy & Ellertson, Charlotte
- 1299-1308 Lay voices on allergic conditions in children: parents' narratives and the negotiation of a diagnosis
by Lauritzen, Sonja Olin
- 1309-1321 Health literacy, social support, and health: a research agenda
by Lee, Shoou-Yih D. & Arozullah, Ahsan M. & Cho, Young Ik
- 1323-1335 From symptom recognition to diagnosis: children with autism in urban India
by Daley, Tamara C.
- 1337-1351 School-based HIV prevention programmes for African youth
by Gallant, Melanie & Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor
- 1353-1366 Social support and quality of life over time among adults living with HIV in the HAART era
by Burgoyne, Robert & Renwick, Rebecca
- 1367-1384 Effective/efficient mental health programs for school-age children: a synthesis of reviews
by Browne, Gina & Gafni, Amiram & Roberts, Jacqueline & Byrne, Carolyn & Majumdar, Basanti
- 1385-1393 Family consequences of chronic back pain
by Strunin, Lee & Boden, Leslie I.
- 1395-1403 Caregiver's needs as predictors of hospital readmission for the elderly in Taiwan
by Lotus Shyu, Yea-Ing & Chen, Min-Chi & Lee, Hsiao-Chin
- 1405-1413 Parental perspectives on vaccinating children against sexually transmitted infections
by Mays, Rose M. & Sturm, Lynne A. & Zimet, Gregory D.
- 1415-1425 Non-professionals' evaluations of gene therapy ethics
by Scully, Jackie Leach & Rippberger, Christine & Rehmann-Sutter, Christoph
- 1427-1442 Assessment of genetic testing and related counseling services: current research and future directions
by Wang, Catharine & Gonzalez, Richard & Merajver, Sofia D.
- 1443-1454 Fosterage patterns in the age of AIDS: continuity and change
by Madhavan, Sangeetha
2004, Volume 58, Issue 6
- 997-1005 Women, work and musculoskeletal health
by Strazdins, Lyndall & Bammer, Gabriele
- 1007-1024 Women, work, and well-being 1950-2000:: a review and methodological critique
by Klumb, Petra L. & Lampert, Thomas
- 1025-1035 Factors associated with the use of publicly funded services by Hong Kong Chinese older adults
by Chou, K. L. & Chi, I.
- 1037-1047 Recessions lower (some) mortality rates:: evidence from Germany
by Neumayer, Eric
- 1049-1058 Association of stereotypes about physicians to health care satisfaction, help-seeking behavior, and adherence to treatment
by Bogart, Laura M. & Bird, Sheryl Thorburn & Walt, Lisa C. & Delahanty, Douglas L. & Figler, Jacqueline L.
- 1059-1073 A question of place: medical power in rural Australia
by Kenny, Amanda & Duckett, Stephen
- 1075-1084 Living with conflicts-ethical dilemmas and moral distress in the health care system
by Kälvemark, Sofia & Höglund, Anna T. & Hansson, Mats G. & Westerholm, Peter & Arnetz, Bengt