Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2005, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 97-109 Access, utilization, quality, and effective coverage: An integrated conceptual framework and measurement strategy
by Shengelia, Bakhuti & Tandon, Ajay & Adams, Orvill B. & Murray, Christopher J.L.
- 111-122 Psychosocial work characteristics and incidence of newly diagnosed depression: a prospective cohort study of three different models
by Ylipaavalniemi, Jaana & Kivimäki, Mika & Elovainio, Marko & Virtanen, Marianna & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa & Vahtera, Jussi
- 123-132 The role of psychosocial factors in explaining socio-economic differences in mobility decline in a chronically ill population: results from the GLOBE study
by Koster, Annemarie & Bosma, Hans & van Lenthe, Frank J. & Kempen, Gertrudis I.J.M. & Mackenbach, Johan P. & van Eijk, Jacques Th.M.
- 133-155 Resisting medicines: a synthesis of qualitative studies of medicine taking
by Pound, Pandora & Britten, Nicky & Morgan, Myfanwy & Yardley, Lucy & Pope, Catherine & Daker-White, Gavin & Campbell, Rona
- 157-170 Conceptualizing mainstream health care providers' behaviours in relation to complementary and alternative medicine
by Hirschkorn, K.A. & Bourgeault, I.L.
- 171-183 HIV and intimate partner violence among methadone-maintained women in New York City
by El-Bassel, Nabila & Gilbert, Louisa & Wu, Elwin & Go, Hyun & Hill, Jennifer
- 185-198 Social capital and young adolescents' perceived health in different sociocultural settings
by Drukker, Marjan & Buka, Stephen L. & Kaplan, Charles & McKenzie, Kwame & Van Os, Jim
- 199-210 The importance of eating rice: changing food habits among pregnant Indonesian women during the economic crisis
by Hartini, T. Ninuk S. & Padmawati, R. Siwi & Lindholm, Lars & Surjono, Achmad & Winkvist, Anna
- 211-216 The contribution of lone parenthood and economic difficulties to smoking
by Rahkonen, Ossi & Laaksonen, Mikko & Karvonen, Sakari
- 217-228 Fertility history and health in later life: a record linkage study in England and Wales
by Grundy, Emily & Tomassini, Cecilia
- 229-243 Where there is no state: household strategies for the management of illness in Chad
by Leonard, Lori
- 245-252 Biases in internet sexual health samples: Comparison of an internet sexuality survey and a national sexual health survey in Sweden
by Ross, Michael W. & Månsson, Sven-Axel & Daneback, Kristian & Cooper, Al & Tikkanen, Ronny
2005, Volume 60, Issue 12
- 2657-2660 'Burning Issues': an introduction to selected papers from the 10th International Symposium in Medical Geography, Manchester 2003
by Smyth, Fiona & Thomas, Richard
- 2661-2671 Complexity theory and geographies of health: a critical assessment
by Gatrell, Anthony C.
- 2673-2683 The 'geneticisation' of heart disease: a network analysis of the production of new genetic knowledge
by Hall, Edward
- 2685-2695 Replacing positivism in medical geography
by Bennett, David
- 2697-2713 Everyday health histories and the making of place: the case of an English coastal town
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Kearns, Robin A.
- 2715-2727 Defining regions for locality health care planning: a multidimensional approach
by Shortt, Niamh K. & Moore, Adrian & Coombes, Mike & Wymer, Colin
- 2729-2742 Zone design for environment and health studies using pre-aggregated data
by Cockings, Samantha & Martin, David
- 2743-2753 The index of multiple deprivation 2000 access domain: a useful indicator for public health?
by Niggebrugge, Aphrodite & Haynes, Robin & Jones, Andrew & Lovett, Andrew & Harvey, Ian
- 2755-2771 Selective migration, health and deprivation: a longitudinal analysis
by Norman, Paul & Boyle, Paul & Rees, Philip
- 2773-2783 Housing improvement and self-reported mental distress among council estate residents
by Thomas, Richard & Evans, Sherrill & Huxley, Peter & Gately, Claire & Rogers, Anne
- 2785-2797 The impacts of dwelling conditions on older persons' psychological well-being in Hong Kong: the mediating role of residential satisfaction
by Phillips, David R. & Siu, Oi-ling & Yeh, Anthony G.O. & Cheng, Kevin H.C.
- 2799-2818 Who you know, where you live: social capital, neighbourhood and health
by Veenstra, Gerry & Luginaah, Isaac & Wakefield, Sarah & Birch, Stephen & Eyles, John & Elliott, Susan
- 2819-2832 Family, friend or foe? Critical reflections on the relevance and role of social capital in health promotion and community development
by Wakefield, Sarah E.L. & Poland, Blake
- 2833-2843 Is the urban excess in lung cancer in Scotland explained by patterns of smoking?
by Pearce, Jamie & Boyle, Paul
- 2845-2863 Particulate air pollution, social confounders, and mortality in small areas of an industrial city
by Jerrett, Michael & Buzzelli, Michael & Burnett, Richard T. & DeLuca, Patrick F.
- 2865-2875 Geographical inequalities of mortality by income in two developed island countries: a cross-national comparison of Britain and Japan
by Nakaya, Tomoki & Dorling, Danny
- 2877-2890 Urban/rural inequalities in suicide in Scotland, 1981-1999
by Levin, Kate A. & Leyland, Alastair H.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 11
- 2405-2416 Socio-economic position and its relationship to physical capacity among elderly people living in Jyväskylä, Finland: five- and ten-year follow-up studies
by Rautio, Nina & Heikkinen, Eino & Ebrahim, Shah
- 2417-2430 A model of underlying socioeconomic vulnerability in human populations: evidence from variability in population health and implications for public health
by Galea, Sandro & Ahern, Jennifer & Karpati, Adam
- 2431-2441 A European comparative study of marital status and socio-economic inequalities in suicide
by Lorant, V. & Kunst, Anton E. & Huisman, Martijn & Bopp, Matthias & Mackenbach, Johan
- 2443-2451 A comparative study of the patterning of women's health by family status and employment status in Finland and Sweden
by Roos, Eva & Burström, Bo & Saastamoinen, Peppiina & Lahelma, Eero
- 2453-2464 The influence of neighborhood environment on the incidence of childhood asthma: a multilevel approach
by Juhn, Young J. & Sauver, Jennifer St. & Katusic, Slavica & Vargas, Delfino & Weaver, Amy & Yunginger, John
- 2465-2476 Current and lifetime exposure to working conditions. Do they explain educational differences in subjective health?
by Monden, Christiaan W.S.
- 2477-2488 Exploring the generalisability of the association between income inequality and self-assessed health
by Craig, Neil
- 2489-2500 Adoption of hospital case management: economic and institutional influences
by Roggenkamp, Susan D. & White, Kenneth R. & Bazzoli, Gloria J.
- 2501-2504 Influence of waiting time on cost-effectiveness
by Koopmanschap, M.A. & Brouwer, W.B.F. & Hakkaart-van Roijen, L. & van Exel, N.J.A.
- 2505-2514 Contracts in the real world: Case studies from Southern Africa
by Palmer, Natasha & Mills, Anne
- 2515-2525 Aids, race and the limits of science
by Marshall, Wende Elizabeth
- 2527-2536 Racialized bodies, disabling worlds "they [service providers] always saw me as a client, not as a worker"
by Dossa, Parin
- 2537-2548 The impact of own and spouse's urinary incontinence on depressive symptoms
by Fultz, Nancy H. & Rahrig Jenkins, Kristi & Østbye, Truls & Taylor, Donald Jr. & Kabeto, Mohammed U. & Langa, Kenneth M.
- 2549-2559 Gender differences in the relation between social support, problems in parent-offspring communication, and depression and anxiety
by Landman-Peeters, Karlien M.C. & Hartman, Catharina A. & van der Pompe, Gieta & den Boer, Johan A. & Minderaa, Ruud B. & Ormel, Johan
- 2561-2573 Stereotactic radiosurgery: the patient's experience
by Menkes, David B. & Davison, Mary P. & Costello, Shaun A. & Jaye, Chrystal
- 2575-2584 The experiential knowledge of patients: a new resource for biomedical research?
by Caron-Flinterman, J. Francisca & Broerse, Jacqueline E.W. & Bunders, Joske F.G.
- 2585-2595 Assessing patients' preferences for treatments for angina using a modified repertory grid method
by Rowe, Gene & Lambert, Nigel & Bowling, Ann & Ebrahim, Shah & Wakeling, Ian & Thomson, Richard
- 2597-2607 The place of death of cancer patients: can qualitative data add to known factors?
by Thomas, Carol
- 2609-2622 French hormones: progestins and therapeutic variation in France
by Löwy, Ilana & Weisz, George
- 2623-2627 Do panel surveys make people sick? US arthritis trends in the Health and Retirement Study
by Wilson, Sven E. & Howell, Benjamin L.
- 2629-2639 Disease metaphors in new epidemics: the UK media framing of the 2003 SARS epidemic
by Wallis, Patrick & Nerlich, Brigitte
- 2641-2655 Do higher status and more autonomous women have longer birth intervals?: Results from Cebu, Philippines
by Upadhyay, Ushma D. & Hindin, Michelle J.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 10
- 2155-2167 Extended family's and women's roles in safeguarding orphans' education in AIDS-afflicted rural Zimbabwe
by Nyamukapa, Constance & Gregson, Simon
- 2169-2180 Canadian Aboriginal people's experiences with HIV/AIDS as portrayed in selected English language Aboriginal media (1996-2000)
by Clarke, Juanne N. & Friedman, Daniela B. & Hoffman-Goetz, Laurie
- 2181-2190 Commercial sex work, drug use, and sexually transmitted infections in St. Petersburg, Russia
by Aral, Sevgi O. & St. Lawrence, Janet S. & Dyatlov, Roman & Kozlov, Andrei
- 2191-2204 What girls need: recommendations for preventing violence among urban girls in the US
by Molnar, Beth E. & Roberts, Andrea L. & Browne, Angela & Gardener, Hannah & Buka, Stephen L.
- 2205-2216 Community level effects of gender inequality on intimate partner violence and unintended pregnancy in Colombia: testing the feminist perspective
by Pallitto, Christina C. & O'Campo, Patricia
- 2217-2228 Race and ethnic differences in determinants of preterm birth in the USA: broadening the social context
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J.
- 2229-2238 The effects of racial density and income incongruity on pregnancy outcomes
by Pickett, Kate E. & Collins, James Jr & Masi, Christopher M. & Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 2239-2248 Does chronic illness place constraints on positive constructions of identity? Temporal comparisons and self-evaluations in people with schizophrenia
by Dinos, S. & Lyons, E. & Finlay, W.M.L.
- 2249-2259 Constructions of masculinity following prostatectomy-induced impotence
by Oliffe, John
- 2261-2272 Sickness absence in female- and male-dominated occupations and workplaces
by Mastekaasa, Arne
- 2273-2282 'Choosing' to work when sick: workplace presenteeism
by Dew, Kevin & Keefe, Vera & Small, Keitha
- 2283-2293 'Supply' and 'demand': breastfeeding as labour
by Dykes, Fiona
- 2295-2306 Mothers reframing physical activity: family oriented politicism, transgression and contested expertise in Australia
by Lewis, Belinda & Ridge, Damien
- 2307-2320 Physician-elderly patient-companion communication and roles of companions in Japanese geriatric encounters
by Ishikawa, Hirono & Roter, Debra L. & Yamazaki, Yoshihiko & Takayama, Tomoko
- 2321-2332 Quality of life and coping strategies among lung transplant candidates and their family caregivers
by Myaskovsky, Larissa & Amanda Dew, Mary & Switzer, Galen E. & McNulty, Mary L. & DiMartini, Andrea F. & McCurry, Kenneth R.
- 2333-2340 Participatory action research: considerations for ethical review
by Khanlou, N. & Peter, E.
- 2341-2350 Parents' perceptions of pediatric day surgery risks: unforeseeable complications, or avoidable mistakes?
by Sobo, Elisa J.
- 2351-2358 The impact of advertising on nicotine replacement therapy demand
by Tauras, John A. & Chaloupka, Frank J. & Emery, Sherry
- 2359-2369 Governance in gridlock in the Russian health system; the case of Sverdlovsk oblast
by Sheaff, Rod
- 2371-2382 Credit program outcomes: coping capacity and nutritional status in the food insecure context of Ethiopia
by Doocy, Shannon & Teferra, Shimeles & Norell, Dan & Burnham, Gilbert
- 2383-2391 Beyond intention: do specific plans increase health behaviours in patients in primary care? A study of fruit and vegetable consumption
by Jackson, Cath & Lawton, Rebecca & Knapp, Peter & Raynor, David K. & Conner, Mark & Lowe, Catherine & José Closs, S.
- 2393-2403 A pharmacist model of perceived responsibility for drug therapy outcomes
by Planas, Lourdes G. & Kimberlin, Carole L. & Segal, Richard & Brushwood, David B. & Hepler, Charles D. & Schlenker, Barry R.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 9
- 1905-1918 Does 'welfare-to-work' work? A systematic review of the effectiveness of the UK's welfare-to-work programmes for people with a disability or chronic illness
by Bambra, Clare & Whitehead, Margaret & Hamilton, Val
- 1919-1926 The impact of media coverage of the suicide of a well-known Quebec reporter: the case of Gaëtan Girouard
by Tousignant, Michel & Mishara, Brian L. & Caillaud, Aline & Fortin, Veronique & St-Laurent, Danielle
- 1927-1935 Beyond blame: cultural barriers to medical incident reporting
by Waring, Justin J.
- 1937-1948 How acceptable are innovative health-care technologies? A survey of public beliefs and attitudes in England and Wales
by Calnan, Michael & Montaner, David & Horne, Rob
- 1949-1959 Doing criticism in 'symbiotic niceness': a study of palliative care nurses' talk
by Li, Sarah
- 1961-1974 Physicians' attitudes towards end-of-life decisions: a comparison between seven countries
by Miccinesi, Guido & Fischer, Susanne & Paci, Eugenio & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D & Cartwright, Colleen & van der Heide, Agnes & Nilstun, Tore & Norup, Michael & Mortier, Freddy
- 1975-1985 Diversity in clinical guidelines: the role of repertoires of evaluation
by Moreira, Tiago
- 1987-2010 Socioeconomic status and weight change in adults: a review
by Ball, Kylie & Crawford, David
- 2011-2023 Low levels of maternal education and the proximate determinants of childhood mortality: a little learning is not a dangerous thing
by Basu, Alaka Malwade & Stephenson, Rob
- 2025-2034 Prehospital delay and independent/interdependent construal of self among Japanese patients with acute myocardial infarction
by Fukuoka, Yoshimi & Dracup, Kathleen & Rankin, Sally H. & Froelicher, Erika Sivarajan & Kobayashi, Fumio & Hirayama, Haro & Ohno, Miyoshi & Matsumoto, David
- 2035-2044 Breast-feeding, day-care attendance and the frequency of antibiotic treatments from 1.5 to 5 years: a population-based longitudinal study in Canada
by Dubois, Lise & Girard, Manon
- 2045-2057 The impact of socio-economic factors on functional status decline among community-dwelling older adults in China
by Beydoun, May A. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 2059-2071 Location, location, location: contextual and compositional health effects of social capital in British Columbia, Canada
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 2073-2084 A multilevel analysis of ethnic variation in depressive symptoms among adolescents in the United States
by Wight, Richard G. & Aneshensel, Carol S. & Botticello, Amanda L. & Sepúlveda, Joslan E.
- 2085-2095 Framing the fetus in medical work: rituals and practices
by Williams, Clare
- 2097-2110 Translators and mediators: bilingual young people's accounts of their interpreting work in health care
by Green, Judith & Free, Caroline & Bhavnani, Vanita & Newman, Tony
- 2111-2116 Antibiomedicine belief and integrative health seeking in Taiwan
by Lew-Ting, Chih-Yin
- 2117-2128 "Sneaky disease": the body and health knowledge for people at risk for coronary heart disease in Ontario, Canada
by Angus, J. & Evans, S. & Lapum, J. & Rukholm, E. & St. Onge, R. & Nolan, R. & Michel, I.
- 2129-2133 Role of socialization in explaining social inequalities in health
by Singh-Manoux, Archana & Marmot, Michael
- 2135-2147 Guiding the design and selection of interventions to influence the implementation of evidence-based practice: an experimental simulation of a complex intervention trial
by Bonetti, Debbie & Eccles, Martin & Johnston, Marie & Steen, Nick & Grimshaw, Jeremy & Baker, Rachel & Walker, Anne & Pitts, Nigel
- 2149-2154 Health care and illegality: a survey of undocumented pregnant immigrants in Geneva
by Wolff, Hans & Stalder, Hans & Epiney, Manuella & Walder, Angela & Irion, Olivier & Morabia, Alfredo
2005, Volume 60, Issue 8
- 1661-1664 On the relevance of personal characteristics in setting health priorities: a comment on Olsen, Richardson, Dolan and Menzel (2003)
by Mortimer, Duncan
- 1665-1666 Response to "on the relevance of personal characteristics in setting health care priorities"
by Olsen, Jan Abel & Richardson, Jeff & Dolan, Paul & Menzel, Paul
- 1667-1679 Racial residential segregation and geographic heterogeneity in black/white disparity in poor self-rated health in the US: a multilevel statistical analysis
by Subramanian, S.V. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Osypuk, Theresa L.
- 1681-1692 Gender differences in the associations between health and neighbourhood environment
by Stafford, M. & Cummins, S. & Macintyre, S. & Ellaway, A. & Marmot, M.
- 1693-1703 Comparing sex inequalities in common affective disorders across countries: Great Britain and Chile
by Rojas, Graciela & Araya, Ricardo & Lewis, Glyn
- 1705-1715 A gender-based dynamic multidimensional longitudinal analysis of resilience and mortality in the old-old in Israel: the cross-sectional and longitudinal aging study (CALAS)
by Walter-Ginzburg, Adrian & Shmotkin, Dov & Blumstein, Tzvia & Shorek, Aviva
- 1717-1727 The impact of current and past interpersonal violence on women's mental health
by Romito, Patrizia & Molzan Turan, Janet & De Marchi, Margherita
- 1729-1738 'My fear is to fall in love again...' How HIV-positive African women survive in London
by Doyal, Lesley & Anderson, Jane
- 1739-1749 A typology of groups at risk of HIV/STI in a gold mining town in north-western Tanzania
by Desmond, Nicola & Allen, Caroline F. & Clift, Simon & Justine, Butolwa & Mzugu, Joseph & Plummer, Mary L. & Watson-Jones, Deborah & Ross, David A.
- 1751-1765 'I never go anywhere': extricating the links between women's mobility and uptake of reproductive health services in Pakistan
by Mumtaz, Zubia & Salway, Sarah
- 1767-1779 What happened when Scottish women were given advance supplies of emergency contraception? A survey and qualitative study of women's views and experiences
by Ziebland, Sue & Wyke, Sally & Seaman, Pete & Fairhurst, Karen & Walker, Jeremy & Glasier, Anna
- 1781-1793 Attitudes toward palliative care, conceptions of euthanasia and opinions about its legalization among French physicians
by Peretti-Watel, P. & Bendiane, M.K. & Moatti, J.P.
- 1795-1804 Dimensions of privacy in palliative care: views of health professionals
by Street, Annette F. & Love, Anthony
- 1805-1814 Cost structure of osteopathic hospitals and their local counterparts in the USA: Are they any different?
by Sinay, Tony
- 1815-1833 Managed care and infant health: an evaluation of Medicaid in the US
by Kaestner, Robert & Dubay, Lisa & Kenney, Genevieve
- 1835-1844 Social and psychological characteristics of Kuwaiti children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes
by Moussa, M.A.A. & Alsaeid, M. & Abdella, N. & Refai, T.M.K. & Al-Sheikh, N. & Gomez, J.E.
- 1845-1853 Perceptions of tuberculosis patients about their physical, mental and social well-being: a field report from south India
by Rajeswari, R. & Muniyandi, M. & Balasubramanian, R. & Narayanan, P.R.
- 1855-1858 Perspectives on use and protection of genetic information in work settings: results of a preliminary study
by Roberts, Laura Weiss & Geppert, Cynthia M.A. & Warner, Teddy D. & Green Hammond, Katherine A. & Rogers, Melinda & Smrcka, Julienne & Roberts, Brian B.
- 1859-1868 Variation and change in the meaning of oral health related quality of life: a 'grounded' systems approach
by Gregory, Jane & Gibson, Barry & Robinson, Peter G.
- 1869-1879 Repositioning the patient: the implications of being 'at risk'
by Scott, S. & Prior, L. & Wood, F. & Gray, J.
- 1881-1891 Potential access and revealed access to pain management medications
by Lin, Swu-Jane & Crawford, Stephanie Y. & Warren Salmon, J.
- 1893-1903 Health sector reform in Argentina: a cautionary tale
by Lloyd-Sherlock, Peter
2005, Volume 60, Issue 7
- 1411-1421 The purpose of attributing cause: beliefs about the causes of myocardial infarction
by French, DavidP. & Maissi, Esther & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 1423-1435 Lay perceptions of type 2 diabetes in Scotland: bringing health services back in
by Lawton, Julia & Peel, Elizabeth & Parry, Odette & Araoz, Gonzalo & Douglas, Margaret
- 1437-1443 Moral hazard and prescription medicine use in Australia--the patient perspective
by Doran, Evan & Robertson, Jane & Henry, David
- 1445-1457 Fee-for-service or donation? Hungarian perspectives on informal payment for health care
by Gaal, Peter & McKee, Martin
- 1459-1465 Whose informational needs are considered? A comparison between cancer patients and their spouses' perceptions of their own and their partners' knowledge and informational needs
by Bar-Tal, Yoram & Barnoy, Sivia & Zisser, Bracha
- 1467-1478 Health information-seeking behaviour in adolescence: the place of the internet
by Gray, Nicola J. & Klein, Jonathan D. & Noyce, Peter R. & Sesselberg, Tracy S. & Cantrill, Judith A.
- 1479-1486 The impact of an organ donation registration information program for high school students in the Netherlands
by Reubsaet, A. & Brug, J. & Nijkamp, M.D. & Candel, M.J.J.M. & Hooff, J.P. van & Borne, H.W. van den
- 1487-1498 Exploring the social and cultural context of sexual health for young people in Mongolia: implications for health promotion
by Roberts, Amanda B. & Oyun, C. & Batnasan, E. & Laing, Lory
- 1499-1513 Association of sociodemographic characteristics of children with intellectual disability in Western Australia
by Leonard, Helen & Petterson, Beverly & De Klerk, Nicholas & Zubrick, Stephen R. & Glasson, Emma & Sanders, Richard & Bower, Carol
- 1515-1526 Does social inequality matter? Changing ethnic socio-economic disparities and Maori smoking in New Zealand, 1981-1996
by Barnett, Ross & Pearce, Jamie & Moon, Graham
- 1527-1546 Ethnic differences in social participation and social capital in Malmö, Sweden: a population-based study
by Lindström, Martin
- 1547-1555 Residential mobility in the California Teachers Study: implications for geographic differences in disease rates
by Hurley, Susan E. & Reynolds, Peggy & Goldberg, Debbie E. & Hertz, Andrew & Anton-Culver, Hoda & Bernstein, Leslie & Deapen, Dennis & Peel, David & Pinder, Richard & Ross, Ronald K. & West, Dee & Wright, William E. & Ziogas, Argyrios & Horn-Ross, Pamela L.
- 1557-1569 Neighbourhood inequality, neighbourhood affluence and population health
by Hou, Feng & Myles, John
- 1571-1582 A comparison of generic, indirect utility measures (the HUI2, HUI3, SF-6D, and the EQ-5D) and disease-specific instruments (the RAQoL and the HAQ) in rheumatoid arthritis
by Marra, Carlo A. & Woolcott, John C. & Kopec, Jacek A. & Shojania, Kamran & Offer, Robert & Brazier, John E. & Esdaile, John M. & Anis, Aslam H.
- 1583-1591 Autonomy-related behaviors of patient companions and their effect on decision-making activity in geriatric primary care visits
by Clayman, Marla L. & Roter, Debra & Wissow, Lawrence S. & Bandeen-Roche, Karen
- 1593-1602 Self-reported job insecurity and health in the Whitehall II study: potential explanations of the relationship
by Ferrie, Jane E. & Shipley, Martin J. & Newman, Katherine & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Marmot, Michael
- 1603-1612 Psychosocial and cultural factors affecting the perceived risk of genetically modified food: an overview of the literature
by Finucane, Melissa L. & Holup, Joan L.
- 1613-1624 AIDS and "shared sovereignty" in Tanzania from 1987 to 2000: a case study
by Hartwig, Kari A. & Eng, Eugenia & Daniel, Mark & Ricketts, Thomas & Crouse Quinn, Sandra
- 1625-1635 Cultural differences in conceptual models of depression
by Karasz, Alison
- 1637-1647 Identity change and the human dissection experience over the first year of medical training
by Madill, Anna & Latchford, Gary
- 1649-1660 Between formal and enacted policy: changing the contours of boundaries
by Mizrachi, Nissim & Shuval, Judith T.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 6
- 1165-1173 The role of social norms and friends' influences on unhealthy weight-control behaviors among adolescent girls
by Eisenberg, Marla E. & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne & Story, Mary & Perry, Cheryl
- 1175-1185 Sexual and reproductive behaviour among single women aged 15-24 in eight Latin American countries: a comparative analysis
by Ali, Mohamed M. & Cleland, John
- 1187-1196 Imposition of virginity testing: a life-saver or a license to kill?
by Shalhoub-Kevorkian, Nadera
- 1197-1208 Provision of HIV treatment in HIV preventive vaccine trials: a developing country perspective
by Slack, C. & Stobie, M. & Milford, C. & Lindegger, G. & Wassenaar, D. & Strode, A. & IJsselmuiden, C.
- 1209-1218 HIV/AIDS and community conflict in Nigeria: implications and challenges
by Gruber, Janet & Caffrey, Margaret
- 1219-1228 Challenges of a pandemic: HIV/AIDS-related problems affecting Kenyan widows
by Luginaah, Isaac & Elkins, David & Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor & Landry, Tamara & Mathui, Mercy
- 1229-1240 Differences in quality of life between women and men in the older population of Spain
by Guallar-Castillón, Pilar & Redondo Sendino, Áurea & Banegas, José R. & López-García, Esther & Rodríguez-Artalejo, Fernando
- 1241-1250 Away from home: an ethnographic study of a transitional rehabilitation scheme for older people in the UK
by Hart, Elizabeth & Lymbery, Mark & Gladman, J.R.F
- 1251-1266 Inequity and inequality in the use of health care in England: an empirical investigation
by Morris, Stephen & Sutton, Matthew & Gravelle, Hugh
- 1267-1283 Social capital, geography and health: a small-area analysis for England
by Mohan, John & Twigg, Liz & Barnard, Steve & Jones, Kelvyn
- 1285-1297 Perceived neighborhood characteristics and the health of adult Koreans
by Cho, Youngtae & Park, Gil-Sung & Echevarria-Cruz, Samuel
- 1299-1309 The 'expert patient': empowerment or medical dominance? The case of weight loss, pharmaceutical drugs and the Internet
by Fox, N.J. & Ward, K.J. & O'Rourke, A.J.
- 1311-1322 From the doctor's workshop to the iron cage? Evolving modes of physician control in US health systems
by Kitchener, Martin & Caronna, Carol A. & Shortell, Stephen M.
- 1323-1334 The pipeline and the porcupine: alternate metaphors of the physician-industry relationship
by Mather, Charles
- 1335-1346 A qualitative study of GPs' and PCO stakeholders' views on the importance and influence of cost on prescribing
by Prosser, Helen & Walley, Tom
- 1347-1357 Ambivalent helpers and unhealthy choices: public health practitioners' narratives of Indigenous ill-health
by Kowal, Emma & Paradies, Yin
- 1359-1370 Self-rated health within the Canadian immigrant population: risk and the healthy immigrant effect
by Bruce Newbold, K.
- 1371-1383 Integrated versus non-integrated management and care for clients with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders: a qualitative systematic review of randomised controlled trials
by Donald, Maria & Dower, Jo & Kavanagh, David
- 1385-1396 Is it worth the risk? A systematic review of instruments that measure risk propensity for use in the health setting
by Harrison, James D. & Young, Jane M. & Butow, Phyllis & Salkeld, Glenn & Solomon, Michael J.
- 1397-1407 Dealing with self-management of chronic illness at work: predictors for self-disclosure
by Munir, F. & Leka, S. & Griffiths, A.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 5
- 911-921 Newborn care practices in low socioeconomic settlements of Karachi, Pakistan
by Fikree, Fariyal F. & Ali, Tazeen S. & Durocher, Jill M. & Rahbar, Mohammad Hossein
- 923-935 The prevalence of diarrheal disease among Brazilian children: trends and differentials from 1986 to 1996
by Sastry, Narayan & Burgard, Sarah
- 937-947 Assessing the benefits of health research: lessons from research into the use of antenatal corticosteroids for the prevention of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome
by Hanney, Steve & Mugford, Miranda & Grant, Jonathan & Buxton, Martin
- 949-964 Non-antibiotic treatment recommendations: delivery formats and implications for parent resistance
by Stivers, Tanya
- 965-975 Coping strategies in parents of children with cancer
by Norberg, Annika Lindahl & Lindblad, Frank & Boman, Krister K.
- 977-988 Coping with stress among Aboriginal women and men with diabetes in Winnipeg, Canada
by Iwasaki, Yoshi & Bartlett, Judith & O'Neil, John
- 989-997 Individual, household and neighborhood socioeconomic status and mortality: a study of absolute and relative deprivation
by Jaffe, Dena H. & Eisenbach, Zvi & Neumark, Yehuda D. & Manor, Orly
- 999-1015 Impact of socioeconomic status on longitudinal accumulation of cardiovascular risk in young adults: the CARDIA Study (USA)
by Karlamangla, Arun S. & Singer, Burton H. & Williams, David R. & Schwartz, Joseph E. & Matthews, Karen A. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 1017-1033 Cities and population health
by Galea, Sandro & Freudenberg, Nicholas & Vlahov, David
- 1035-1045 The role of premorbid psychological attributes in short- and long-term adjustment after cardiac disease. A prospective study in the elderly in The Netherlands
by van Jaarsveld, Cornelia H.M. & Ranchor, Adelita V. & Sanderman, Robbert & Ormel, Johan & Kempen, Gertrudis I.J.M.
- 1047-1060 The pivotal role of cardiac self-care in treatment timing
by Schoenberg, Nancy E. & Amey, Cheryl H. & Palo Stoller, Eleanor & Drew, Elaine M.
- 1061-1070 The legacy of agent orange: empirical evidence from central Vietnam
by Palmer, Michael G.
- 1071-1085 The association between smoking during pregnancy and hospital inpatient costs in childhood
by Petrou, Stavros & Hockley, Christine & Mehta, Ziyah & Goldacre, Michael
- 1087-1098 Racial differences in public perceptions of voluntariness of medical research participants in South Africa
by Barsdorf, Nicola Wendy & Wassenaar, Douglas Richard
- 1099-1106 "What sort of health promotion are you talking about?": a discourse analysis of the talk of general practitioners
by McKinlay, Eileen & Plumridge, Libby & McBain, Lynn & McLeod, Deborah & Pullon, Susan & Brown, Selina
- 1107-1116 Contributions of social science to the alcohol field in an era of biomedicalization
by Midanik, Lorraine & Room, Robin
- 1117-1131 Reviewing the effort-reward imbalance model: drawing up the balance of 45 empirical studies
by van Vegchel, Natasja & de Jonge, Jan & Bosma, Hans & Schaufeli, Wilmar
- 1133-1147 Innovation, diffusion and safety of a medical technology: a review of the literature on injection practices
by Kotwal, Atul
- 1149-1162 A tale of two hospitals: assessing cultural landscapes and compositions
by Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Westbrook, Mary T. & Iedema, Rick & Mallock, Nadine A. & Forsyth, Rowena & Zhang, Kai
2005, Volume 60, Issue 4
- 661-678 Systematic review of sexual risk among pregnant and mothering teens in the USA: pregnancy as an opportunity for integrated prevention of STD and repeat pregnancy
by Meade, Christina S. & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
- 679-689 Factors associated with forced sex among women accessing health services in rural Haiti: implications for the prevention of HIV infection and other sexually transmitted diseases
by Smith Fawzi, M. C. & Lambert, W. & Singler, J. M. & Tanagho, Y. & Léandre, F. & Nevil, P. & Bertrand, D. & Claude, M. S. & Bertrand, J. & Louissaint, M. & Jeannis, L. & Mukherjee, J. S. & Goldie, S. & Salazar, J. J. & Farmer, P. E.
- 691-700 Indigenous representations of illness and AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Liddell, Christine & Barrett, Louise & Bydawell, Moya
- 701-714 Domestic violence, sexual ownership, and HIV risk in women in the American deep south
by Lichtenstein, Bronwen
- 715-724 The effect of maternal education on gender bias in care-seeking for common childhood illnesses
by Bhan, Gautam & Bhandari, Nita & Taneja, Sunita & Mazumder, Sarmila & Bahl, Rajiv
- 725-735 Maternal education and adolescent drug use: a longitudinal analysis of causation and selection over a generation
by Miech, Richard & Chilcoat, Howard
- 737-745 Low control beliefs, classical coronary risk factors, and socio-economic differences in heart disease in older persons
by Bosma, H. & Van Jaarsveld, C. H. M. & Tuinstra, J. & Sanderman, R. & Ranchor, A. V. & Van Eijk, J. Th. M. & Kempen, G. I. J. M.
- 747-761 Social isolation, support, and capital and nutritional risk in an older sample: ethnic and gender differences
by Locher, Julie L. & Ritchie, Christine S. & Roth, David L. & Baker, Patricia Sawyer & Bodner, Eric V. & Allman, Richard M.
- 763-775 Neighbourhood inequalities in physical inactivity: the role of neighbourhood attractiveness, proximity to local facilities and safety in the Netherlands
by van Lenthe, F. J. & Brug, J. & Mackenbach, J. P.
- 777-787 Social inequalities in health care services utilisation after eight years of health care reforms: a cross-sectional study of Estonia, 1999
by Habicht, Jarno & Kunst, Anton E.
- 789-797 Chronic disease and mental disorder
by Verhaak, Peter F. M. & Heijmans, Monique J. W. M. & Peters, Loe & Rijken, Mieke
- 799-807 Oil development and health in the Amazon basin of Ecuador: the popular epidemiology process
by San Sebastián, Miguel & Hurtig, Anna Karin
- 809-821 Reform strategies in Georgia and their impact on health care provision in rural areas: evidence from a household survey
by Gotsadze, George & Zoidze, Akaki & Vasadze, Otar
- 823-832 Providing solutions-defining problems: the imperative of disease prevention in genetic counselling
by Koch, Lene & Nordahl Svendsen, Mette
- 833-843 The use of patient reported outcome measures in routine clinical practice: lack of impact or lack of theory?
by Greenhalgh, Joanne & Long, Andrew F & Flynn, Rob
- 845-857 The teleo-affective limits of end-of-life care in the intensive care unit
by Iedema, Rick & Sorensen, Roslyn & Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Flabouris, Arthas & Turnbull, Liz
- 859-875 Habitual self-control and the management of health behavior among heart patients
by Schroder, Kerstin E.E. & Schwarzer, Ralf
- 877-891 Towards a geography of fitness: an ethnographic case study of the gym in British bodybuilding culture
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Sudwell, Mark I. & Sparkes, Andrew C.
- 893-910 Disclosing and responding to cancer "fears" during oncology interviews
by Beach, Wayne A. & Easter, David W. & Good, Jeffrey S. & Pigeron, Elisa
2005, Volume 60, Issue 3
- 439-455 Some mechanisms linking economic inequality and infant mortality
by Mayer, Susan E. & Sarin, Ankur
- 457-470 Determinants of old-age mortality in Taiwan
by Zimmer, Zachary & Martin, Linda G. & Lin, Hui-Sheng
- 471-482 Causes and demographic, medical, lifestyle and psychosocial predictors of premature mortality: the CARDIA study
by Iribarren, Carlos & Jacobs, David R. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Lewis, Cora E. & Matthews, Karen A. & Roseman, Jeffrey M. & Hulley, Stephen B.
- 483-490 Smoking, respiratory disease and health service utilisation: the paradox
by Adab, Peymané & McGhee, Sarah M. & Hedley, Anthony J. & Lam, Tai Hing
- 491-500 Exploring the association of John Henry active coping and education on smoking behavior and nicotine dependence among Blacks in the USA
by Fernander, Anita F. & Patten, Christi A. & Schroeder, Darrell R. & Stevens, Susanna R. & Eberman, Kay M. & Hurt, Richard D.