Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60
2005, Volume 60, Issue 8
- 1893-1903 Health sector reform in Argentina: a cautionary tale
by Lloyd-Sherlock, Peter
2005, Volume 60, Issue 7
- 1411-1421 The purpose of attributing cause: beliefs about the causes of myocardial infarction
by French, DavidP. & Maissi, Esther & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 1423-1435 Lay perceptions of type 2 diabetes in Scotland: bringing health services back in
by Lawton, Julia & Peel, Elizabeth & Parry, Odette & Araoz, Gonzalo & Douglas, Margaret
- 1437-1443 Moral hazard and prescription medicine use in Australia--the patient perspective
by Doran, Evan & Robertson, Jane & Henry, David
- 1445-1457 Fee-for-service or donation? Hungarian perspectives on informal payment for health care
by Gaal, Peter & McKee, Martin
- 1459-1465 Whose informational needs are considered? A comparison between cancer patients and their spouses' perceptions of their own and their partners' knowledge and informational needs
by Bar-Tal, Yoram & Barnoy, Sivia & Zisser, Bracha
- 1467-1478 Health information-seeking behaviour in adolescence: the place of the internet
by Gray, Nicola J. & Klein, Jonathan D. & Noyce, Peter R. & Sesselberg, Tracy S. & Cantrill, Judith A.
- 1479-1486 The impact of an organ donation registration information program for high school students in the Netherlands
by Reubsaet, A. & Brug, J. & Nijkamp, M.D. & Candel, M.J.J.M. & Hooff, J.P. van & Borne, H.W. van den
- 1487-1498 Exploring the social and cultural context of sexual health for young people in Mongolia: implications for health promotion
by Roberts, Amanda B. & Oyun, C. & Batnasan, E. & Laing, Lory
- 1499-1513 Association of sociodemographic characteristics of children with intellectual disability in Western Australia
by Leonard, Helen & Petterson, Beverly & De Klerk, Nicholas & Zubrick, Stephen R. & Glasson, Emma & Sanders, Richard & Bower, Carol
- 1515-1526 Does social inequality matter? Changing ethnic socio-economic disparities and Maori smoking in New Zealand, 1981-1996
by Barnett, Ross & Pearce, Jamie & Moon, Graham
- 1527-1546 Ethnic differences in social participation and social capital in Malmö, Sweden: a population-based study
by Lindström, Martin
- 1547-1555 Residential mobility in the California Teachers Study: implications for geographic differences in disease rates
by Hurley, Susan E. & Reynolds, Peggy & Goldberg, Debbie E. & Hertz, Andrew & Anton-Culver, Hoda & Bernstein, Leslie & Deapen, Dennis & Peel, David & Pinder, Richard & Ross, Ronald K. & West, Dee & Wright, William E. & Ziogas, Argyrios & Horn-Ross, Pamela L.
- 1557-1569 Neighbourhood inequality, neighbourhood affluence and population health
by Hou, Feng & Myles, John
- 1571-1582 A comparison of generic, indirect utility measures (the HUI2, HUI3, SF-6D, and the EQ-5D) and disease-specific instruments (the RAQoL and the HAQ) in rheumatoid arthritis
by Marra, Carlo A. & Woolcott, John C. & Kopec, Jacek A. & Shojania, Kamran & Offer, Robert & Brazier, John E. & Esdaile, John M. & Anis, Aslam H.
- 1583-1591 Autonomy-related behaviors of patient companions and their effect on decision-making activity in geriatric primary care visits
by Clayman, Marla L. & Roter, Debra & Wissow, Lawrence S. & Bandeen-Roche, Karen
- 1593-1602 Self-reported job insecurity and health in the Whitehall II study: potential explanations of the relationship
by Ferrie, Jane E. & Shipley, Martin J. & Newman, Katherine & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Marmot, Michael
- 1603-1612 Psychosocial and cultural factors affecting the perceived risk of genetically modified food: an overview of the literature
by Finucane, Melissa L. & Holup, Joan L.
- 1613-1624 AIDS and "shared sovereignty" in Tanzania from 1987 to 2000: a case study
by Hartwig, Kari A. & Eng, Eugenia & Daniel, Mark & Ricketts, Thomas & Crouse Quinn, Sandra
- 1625-1635 Cultural differences in conceptual models of depression
by Karasz, Alison
- 1637-1647 Identity change and the human dissection experience over the first year of medical training
by Madill, Anna & Latchford, Gary
- 1649-1660 Between formal and enacted policy: changing the contours of boundaries
by Mizrachi, Nissim & Shuval, Judith T.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 6
- 1165-1173 The role of social norms and friends' influences on unhealthy weight-control behaviors among adolescent girls
by Eisenberg, Marla E. & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne & Story, Mary & Perry, Cheryl
- 1175-1185 Sexual and reproductive behaviour among single women aged 15-24 in eight Latin American countries: a comparative analysis
by Ali, Mohamed M. & Cleland, John
- 1187-1196 Imposition of virginity testing: a life-saver or a license to kill?
by Shalhoub-Kevorkian, Nadera
- 1197-1208 Provision of HIV treatment in HIV preventive vaccine trials: a developing country perspective
by Slack, C. & Stobie, M. & Milford, C. & Lindegger, G. & Wassenaar, D. & Strode, A. & IJsselmuiden, C.
- 1209-1218 HIV/AIDS and community conflict in Nigeria: implications and challenges
by Gruber, Janet & Caffrey, Margaret
- 1219-1228 Challenges of a pandemic: HIV/AIDS-related problems affecting Kenyan widows
by Luginaah, Isaac & Elkins, David & Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor & Landry, Tamara & Mathui, Mercy
- 1229-1240 Differences in quality of life between women and men in the older population of Spain
by Guallar-Castillón, Pilar & Redondo Sendino, Áurea & Banegas, José R. & López-García, Esther & Rodríguez-Artalejo, Fernando
- 1241-1250 Away from home: an ethnographic study of a transitional rehabilitation scheme for older people in the UK
by Hart, Elizabeth & Lymbery, Mark & Gladman, J.R.F
- 1251-1266 Inequity and inequality in the use of health care in England: an empirical investigation
by Morris, Stephen & Sutton, Matthew & Gravelle, Hugh
- 1267-1283 Social capital, geography and health: a small-area analysis for England
by Mohan, John & Twigg, Liz & Barnard, Steve & Jones, Kelvyn
- 1285-1297 Perceived neighborhood characteristics and the health of adult Koreans
by Cho, Youngtae & Park, Gil-Sung & Echevarria-Cruz, Samuel
- 1299-1309 The 'expert patient': empowerment or medical dominance? The case of weight loss, pharmaceutical drugs and the Internet
by Fox, N.J. & Ward, K.J. & O'Rourke, A.J.
- 1311-1322 From the doctor's workshop to the iron cage? Evolving modes of physician control in US health systems
by Kitchener, Martin & Caronna, Carol A. & Shortell, Stephen M.
- 1323-1334 The pipeline and the porcupine: alternate metaphors of the physician-industry relationship
by Mather, Charles
- 1335-1346 A qualitative study of GPs' and PCO stakeholders' views on the importance and influence of cost on prescribing
by Prosser, Helen & Walley, Tom
- 1347-1357 Ambivalent helpers and unhealthy choices: public health practitioners' narratives of Indigenous ill-health
by Kowal, Emma & Paradies, Yin
- 1359-1370 Self-rated health within the Canadian immigrant population: risk and the healthy immigrant effect
by Bruce Newbold, K.
- 1371-1383 Integrated versus non-integrated management and care for clients with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders: a qualitative systematic review of randomised controlled trials
by Donald, Maria & Dower, Jo & Kavanagh, David
- 1385-1396 Is it worth the risk? A systematic review of instruments that measure risk propensity for use in the health setting
by Harrison, James D. & Young, Jane M. & Butow, Phyllis & Salkeld, Glenn & Solomon, Michael J.
- 1397-1407 Dealing with self-management of chronic illness at work: predictors for self-disclosure
by Munir, F. & Leka, S. & Griffiths, A.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 5
- 911-921 Newborn care practices in low socioeconomic settlements of Karachi, Pakistan
by Fikree, Fariyal F. & Ali, Tazeen S. & Durocher, Jill M. & Rahbar, Mohammad Hossein
- 923-935 The prevalence of diarrheal disease among Brazilian children: trends and differentials from 1986 to 1996
by Sastry, Narayan & Burgard, Sarah
- 937-947 Assessing the benefits of health research: lessons from research into the use of antenatal corticosteroids for the prevention of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome
by Hanney, Steve & Mugford, Miranda & Grant, Jonathan & Buxton, Martin
- 949-964 Non-antibiotic treatment recommendations: delivery formats and implications for parent resistance
by Stivers, Tanya
- 965-975 Coping strategies in parents of children with cancer
by Norberg, Annika Lindahl & Lindblad, Frank & Boman, Krister K.
- 977-988 Coping with stress among Aboriginal women and men with diabetes in Winnipeg, Canada
by Iwasaki, Yoshi & Bartlett, Judith & O'Neil, John
- 989-997 Individual, household and neighborhood socioeconomic status and mortality: a study of absolute and relative deprivation
by Jaffe, Dena H. & Eisenbach, Zvi & Neumark, Yehuda D. & Manor, Orly
- 999-1015 Impact of socioeconomic status on longitudinal accumulation of cardiovascular risk in young adults: the CARDIA Study (USA)
by Karlamangla, Arun S. & Singer, Burton H. & Williams, David R. & Schwartz, Joseph E. & Matthews, Karen A. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 1017-1033 Cities and population health
by Galea, Sandro & Freudenberg, Nicholas & Vlahov, David
- 1035-1045 The role of premorbid psychological attributes in short- and long-term adjustment after cardiac disease. A prospective study in the elderly in The Netherlands
by van Jaarsveld, Cornelia H.M. & Ranchor, Adelita V. & Sanderman, Robbert & Ormel, Johan & Kempen, Gertrudis I.J.M.
- 1047-1060 The pivotal role of cardiac self-care in treatment timing
by Schoenberg, Nancy E. & Amey, Cheryl H. & Palo Stoller, Eleanor & Drew, Elaine M.
- 1061-1070 The legacy of agent orange: empirical evidence from central Vietnam
by Palmer, Michael G.
- 1071-1085 The association between smoking during pregnancy and hospital inpatient costs in childhood
by Petrou, Stavros & Hockley, Christine & Mehta, Ziyah & Goldacre, Michael
- 1087-1098 Racial differences in public perceptions of voluntariness of medical research participants in South Africa
by Barsdorf, Nicola Wendy & Wassenaar, Douglas Richard
- 1099-1106 "What sort of health promotion are you talking about?": a discourse analysis of the talk of general practitioners
by McKinlay, Eileen & Plumridge, Libby & McBain, Lynn & McLeod, Deborah & Pullon, Susan & Brown, Selina
- 1107-1116 Contributions of social science to the alcohol field in an era of biomedicalization
by Midanik, Lorraine & Room, Robin
- 1117-1131 Reviewing the effort-reward imbalance model: drawing up the balance of 45 empirical studies
by van Vegchel, Natasja & de Jonge, Jan & Bosma, Hans & Schaufeli, Wilmar
- 1133-1147 Innovation, diffusion and safety of a medical technology: a review of the literature on injection practices
by Kotwal, Atul
- 1149-1162 A tale of two hospitals: assessing cultural landscapes and compositions
by Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Westbrook, Mary T. & Iedema, Rick & Mallock, Nadine A. & Forsyth, Rowena & Zhang, Kai
2005, Volume 60, Issue 4
- 661-678 Systematic review of sexual risk among pregnant and mothering teens in the USA: pregnancy as an opportunity for integrated prevention of STD and repeat pregnancy
by Meade, Christina S. & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
- 679-689 Factors associated with forced sex among women accessing health services in rural Haiti: implications for the prevention of HIV infection and other sexually transmitted diseases
by Smith Fawzi, M. C. & Lambert, W. & Singler, J. M. & Tanagho, Y. & Léandre, F. & Nevil, P. & Bertrand, D. & Claude, M. S. & Bertrand, J. & Louissaint, M. & Jeannis, L. & Mukherjee, J. S. & Goldie, S. & Salazar, J. J. & Farmer, P. E.
- 691-700 Indigenous representations of illness and AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Liddell, Christine & Barrett, Louise & Bydawell, Moya
- 701-714 Domestic violence, sexual ownership, and HIV risk in women in the American deep south
by Lichtenstein, Bronwen
- 715-724 The effect of maternal education on gender bias in care-seeking for common childhood illnesses
by Bhan, Gautam & Bhandari, Nita & Taneja, Sunita & Mazumder, Sarmila & Bahl, Rajiv
- 725-735 Maternal education and adolescent drug use: a longitudinal analysis of causation and selection over a generation
by Miech, Richard & Chilcoat, Howard
- 737-745 Low control beliefs, classical coronary risk factors, and socio-economic differences in heart disease in older persons
by Bosma, H. & Van Jaarsveld, C. H. M. & Tuinstra, J. & Sanderman, R. & Ranchor, A. V. & Van Eijk, J. Th. M. & Kempen, G. I. J. M.
- 747-761 Social isolation, support, and capital and nutritional risk in an older sample: ethnic and gender differences
by Locher, Julie L. & Ritchie, Christine S. & Roth, David L. & Baker, Patricia Sawyer & Bodner, Eric V. & Allman, Richard M.
- 763-775 Neighbourhood inequalities in physical inactivity: the role of neighbourhood attractiveness, proximity to local facilities and safety in the Netherlands
by van Lenthe, F. J. & Brug, J. & Mackenbach, J. P.
- 777-787 Social inequalities in health care services utilisation after eight years of health care reforms: a cross-sectional study of Estonia, 1999
by Habicht, Jarno & Kunst, Anton E.
- 789-797 Chronic disease and mental disorder
by Verhaak, Peter F. M. & Heijmans, Monique J. W. M. & Peters, Loe & Rijken, Mieke
- 799-807 Oil development and health in the Amazon basin of Ecuador: the popular epidemiology process
by San Sebastián, Miguel & Hurtig, Anna Karin
- 809-821 Reform strategies in Georgia and their impact on health care provision in rural areas: evidence from a household survey
by Gotsadze, George & Zoidze, Akaki & Vasadze, Otar
- 823-832 Providing solutions-defining problems: the imperative of disease prevention in genetic counselling
by Koch, Lene & Nordahl Svendsen, Mette
- 833-843 The use of patient reported outcome measures in routine clinical practice: lack of impact or lack of theory?
by Greenhalgh, Joanne & Long, Andrew F & Flynn, Rob
- 845-857 The teleo-affective limits of end-of-life care in the intensive care unit
by Iedema, Rick & Sorensen, Roslyn & Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Flabouris, Arthas & Turnbull, Liz
- 859-875 Habitual self-control and the management of health behavior among heart patients
by Schroder, Kerstin E.E. & Schwarzer, Ralf
- 877-891 Towards a geography of fitness: an ethnographic case study of the gym in British bodybuilding culture
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Sudwell, Mark I. & Sparkes, Andrew C.
- 893-910 Disclosing and responding to cancer "fears" during oncology interviews
by Beach, Wayne A. & Easter, David W. & Good, Jeffrey S. & Pigeron, Elisa
2005, Volume 60, Issue 3
- 439-455 Some mechanisms linking economic inequality and infant mortality
by Mayer, Susan E. & Sarin, Ankur
- 457-470 Determinants of old-age mortality in Taiwan
by Zimmer, Zachary & Martin, Linda G. & Lin, Hui-Sheng
- 471-482 Causes and demographic, medical, lifestyle and psychosocial predictors of premature mortality: the CARDIA study
by Iribarren, Carlos & Jacobs, David R. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Lewis, Cora E. & Matthews, Karen A. & Roseman, Jeffrey M. & Hulley, Stephen B.
- 483-490 Smoking, respiratory disease and health service utilisation: the paradox
by Adab, Peymané & McGhee, Sarah M. & Hedley, Anthony J. & Lam, Tai Hing
- 491-500 Exploring the association of John Henry active coping and education on smoking behavior and nicotine dependence among Blacks in the USA
by Fernander, Anita F. & Patten, Christi A. & Schroeder, Darrell R. & Stevens, Susanna R. & Eberman, Kay M. & Hurt, Richard D.
- 501-513 Individual and district scale determinants of users' satisfaction with primary health care in developing countries
by Atkinson, Sarah & Haran, Dave
- 515-524 Quantifying the effect of health status on health care utilization using a preference-based health measure
by Lima, Viviane Dias & Kopec, Jacek A.
- 525-536 Do divergences between stated and actual willingness to pay signify the existence of bias in contingent valuation surveys?
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Hanson, Kara & Fox-Rushby, Julia
- 537-543 Economic antecedents of the Swedish sex ratio
by Catalano, Ralph A. & Bruckner, Tim
- 545-561 Evidence-based medicine and its implications for the profession of chiropractic
by Villanueva-Russell, Yvonne
- 563-573 Aggressive active case detection: a malaria control strategy based on the Brazilian model
by Macauley, Cameron
- 575-586 A tailored intervention to promote breast cancer screening among South Asian immigrant women
by Ahmad, Farah & Cameron, Jill I. & Stewart, Donna E.
- 587-598 Between 'desperation' and disability rights: a narrative analysis of complementary/alternative medicine use by parents for children with Down syndrome
by Prussing, Erica & Sobo, Elisa J. & Walker, Elizabeth & Kurtin, Paul S.
- 599-607 Influence of social support on progression of coronary artery disease in women
by Wang, Hui-Xin & Mittleman, Murray A. & Orth-Gomer, Kristina
- 609-616 Shifting the demand for emergency care in Cuba's health system
by De Vos, Pol & Murlá, Pedro & Rodriguez, Armando & Bonet, Mariano & Màs, Pedro & Van der Stuyft, Patrick
- 617-626 Trend and area variation in amphetamine prescription usage among children and adolescents in Michigan
by Lin, Swu-Jane & Crawford, Stephanie Y. & Lurvey, Patricia L.
- 627-635 Injury recurrence among untreated and medically treated victims of violence in the USA
by Gallagher, Catherine A.
- 637-647 Widowhood and depressive symptoms among older Chinese: Do gender and source of support make a difference?
by Li, Lydia & Liang, Jersey & Toler, Amanda & Gu, Shengzu
- 649-660 Perceptions of risk and strategies for prevention: responses to HIV/AIDS in rural Malawi
by Smith, Kirsten P. & Watkins, Susan Cotts
2005, Volume 60, Issue 2
- 219-222 Equity, capabilities and health
by Anand, Paul & Dolan, Paul
- 223-236 The nature of procedural preferences for health-care rationing decisions
by Wailoo, Allan & Anand, Paul
- 237-246 Acceptability of less than perfect health states
by Brouwer, Werner B. F. & van Exel, N. Job A. & Stolk, Elly A.
- 247-255 Communitarian claims and community capabilities: furthering priority setting?
by Mooney, Gavin
- 257-263 Concerns for the worse off: fair innings versus severity
by Nord, Erik
- 265-275 Empiricism, ethics and orthodox economic theory: what is the appropriate basis for decision-making in the health sector?
by Richardson, Jeff & McKie, John
- 277-286 A "fair innings" between the sexes: are men being treated inequitably?
by Tsuchiya, Aki & Williams, Alan
- 287-295 Socioeconomic aspects of the circumstances and consequences of car crashes among young adults
by Hasselberg, Marie & Vaez, Marjan & Lucie Laflamme
- 297-311 Understanding pregnancy in a population of inner-city women in New Orleans--results of qualitative research
by Kendall, Carl & Afable-Munsuz, Aimee & Speizer, Ilene & Avery, Alexis & Schmidt, Norine & Santelli, John
- 313-317 Are rich people or poor people more likely to be ill? Lay perceptions, by social class and neighbourhood, of inequalities in health
by Macintyre, Sally & McKay, Laura & Ellaway, Anne
- 319-330 Microbicide acceptability research: current approaches and future directions
by Mantell, Joanne E. & Myer, Landon & Carballo-Diéguez, Alex & Stein, Zena & Ramjee, Gita & Morar, Neetha S. & Harrison, Polly F.
- 331-344 Warranted concerns, warranted outlooks: a focus group study of public understandings of genetic research
by Bates, Benjamin R. & Lynch, John A. & Bevan, Jennifer L. & Condit, Celeste M.
- 345-356 Shifts in global immunisation goals (1984-2004): unfinished agendas and mixed results
by Hardon, Anita & Blume, Stuart
- 357-368 Under what conditions is euthanasia acceptable to lay people and health professionals?
by Teisseyre, Nathalie & Mullet, Etienne & Sorum, Paul Clay
- 369-381 The economics of social marketing: the case of mosquito nets in Tanzania
by Kikumbih, Nassor & Hanson, Kara & Mills, Anne & Mponda, Hadji & Schellenberg, Joanna Armstrong
- 383-393 An explanatory model of health promotion and quality of life for persons with post-polio syndrome
by Stuifbergen, Alexa K. & Seraphine, Anne & Harrison, Tracie & Adachi, Eishi
- 395-407 Maternal education and child nutritional status in Bolivia: finding the links
by Frost, Michelle Bellessa & Forste, Renata & Haas, David W.
- 409-419 The causes of low back pain: a network analysis
by Campbell, C. & Muncer, S. J.
- 421-432 Perceived breast cancer risk: heuristic reasoning and search for a dominance structure
by Katapodi, Maria C. & Facione, Noreen C. & Humphreys, Janice C. & Dodd, Marylin J.
- 433-437 The health consciousness myth: implications of the near independence of major health behaviors in the North American population
by Newsom, Jason T. & McFarland, Bentson H. & Kaplan, Mark S. & Huguet, Nathalie & Zani, Brigid
2005, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-12 A meta-analytic investigation of the relationship between the psychological distress of cancer patients and their carers
by Hodges, L. J. & Humphris, G. M. & Macfarlane, G.
- 13-23 Chronic illness and depressive symptoms in late life
by Schnittker, Jason
- 25-36 Impact of depression on disablement in late middle aged and older persons: results from the Longitudinal Aging Study Amsterdam
by van Gool, Coen H. & Kempen, Gertrudis I. J. M. & Penninx, Brenda W. J. H. & Deeg, Dorly J. H. & Beekman, Aartjan T. F. & van Eijk, Jacques Th. M.
- 37-48 'Normal disruption': South Asian and African/Caribbean relatives caring for an older family member in the UK
by Adamson, Joy & Donovan, Jenny
- 49-60 Women's status and depressive symptoms: A multilevel analysis
by Chen, Ying-Yeh & Subramanian, S. V. & Acevedo-Garcia, Doloros & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 61-69 Geographies of inequality: Child pedestrian injury and walking school buses in Auckland, New Zealand
by Collins, Damian C. A. & Kearns, Robin A.
- 71-86 Neighbourhood life and social capital: the implications for health
by Ziersch, Anna M & Baum, Fran E & MacDougall, Colin & Putland, Christine
- 87-95 Types of provincial structure and population health
by Young, Frank W. & Rodriguez, Eunice
- 97-108 Cross-national variation in family influences on child health
by Heaton, Tim B. & Forste, Renata & Hoffmann, John P. & Flake, Dallan
- 109-118 Implications of genetic risk information in families with a high density of bipolar disorder: an exploratory study
by Meiser, Bettina & Mitchell, Philip B. & McGirr, H. & Van Herten, M. & Schofield, Peter R.
- 119-130 Changing organisations: a study of the context and processes of mergers of health care providers in England
by Fulop, Naomi & Protopsaltis, Gerasimos & King, Annette & Allen, Pauline & Hutchings, Andrew & Normand, Charles
- 131-141 Effectiveness of a multi-component intervention on dispensing practices at private pharmacies in Vietnam and Thailand--a randomized controlled trial
by Chalker, J. & Ratanawijitrasin, S. & Chuc, N. T. K & Petzold, M. & Tomson, G.
- 143-151 Diffusion of breast conserving surgery in medical communities
by Jerome-D'Emilia, Bonnie & Begun, James W.
- 153-164 A naturalistic inquiry on the impact of interventions aiming to improve health and the quality of life in the community
by Sogoric, Selma & Middleton, John & Lang, Slobodan & Ivankovic, Davor & Kern, Josipa
- 165-178 Does economic inequality affect child malnutrition? The case of Ecuador
by Larrea, Carlos & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 179-189 Psychosocial distress of Tibetans in exile: integrating western interventions with traditional beliefs and practice
by Mercer, Stewart W. & Ager, Alastair & Ruwanpura, Eshani
- 191-204 Are racial disparities in health conditional on socioeconomic status?
by Farmer, Melissa M. & Ferraro, Kenneth F.
- 205-218 Business cycles and mortality: results from Swedish microdata
by Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus
2004, Volume 59, Issue 12
- 2405-2407 Changes at Social Science & Medicine
by Macintyre, S.
- 2409-2419 Income inequality and self-rated health in US metropolitan areas: A multi-level analysis
by Lopez, Russ
- 2421-2434 A multilevel analysis of race, community disadvantage, and body mass index among adults in the US
by Robert, Stephanie A. & Reither, Eric N.
- 2435-2445 Municipal socioeconomic status and mortality in Japan: sex and age differences, and trends in 1973-1998
by Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Nakamura, Keiko & Takano, Takehito
- 2447-2458 Social capital in working life and the health of employees
by Liukkonen, Virpi & Virtanen, Pekka & Kivimäki, Mika & Pentti, Jaana & Vahtera, Jussi
- 2459-2466 Inpatient/outpatient health care costs and remaining years of life--effect of decreasing mortality on future acute health care demand
by Batljan, Ilija & Lagergren, Mårten
- 2467-2477 Preferences in end-of-life care of older persons: after-death interviews with proxy respondents
by Klinkenberg, Marianne & Willems, Dick L. & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & Deeg, Dorly J. H. & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 2479-2497 Gender and use of health care among older adults in Egypt and Tunisia
by Yount, Kathryn M. & Agree, Emily M. & Rebellon, Cesar
- 2499-2507 Gender and age inequity in the provision of coronary revascularisation in England in the 1990s: is it getting better?
by Shaw, Mary & Maxwell, Roy & Rees, Karen & Ho, Davidson & Oliver, Steven & Ben-Shlomo, Yoav & Ebrahim, Shah
- 2509-2522 Acculturation and physical activity among North Carolina Latina immigrants
by Evenson, Kelly R. & Sarmiento, Olga L. & Ayala, Guadalupe X.
- 2523-2533 Health pessimism among black and white adults: the role of interpersonal and institutional maltreatment
by Boardman, Jason D.
- 2535-2546 Single mothers and the use of professionals for mental health care reasons
by Cairney, John & Boyle, Michael H. & Lipman, Ellen L. & Racine, Yvonne
- 2547-2559 Understanding of informed consent in a low-income setting: three case studies from the Kenyan coast
by Molyneux, C. S. & Peshu, N. & Marsh, K.
- 2561-2571 Representations of SARS in the British newspapers
by Washer, Peter
- 2573-2583 Service users' strategies for managing risk in the volatile environment of an acute psychiatric ward
by Quirk, Alan & Lelliott, Paul & Seale, Clive
- 2585-2595 Utilization of delivery services at the primary health care level in rural Vietnam
by Duong, Dat V & Binns, Colin W & Lee, Andy H
- 2597-2601 Drug name confusion: evaluating the effectiveness of capital ("Tall Man") letters using eye movement data
by Filik, Ruth & Purdy, Kevin & Gale, Alastair & Gerrett, David
- 2603-2616 Migration, community context, and child immunization in Ethiopia
by Kiros, Gebre-Egzbiabher & White, Michael J.
- 2617-2626 Policy formation in gamete donation and egg sharing in the UK--a critical appraisal
by Blyth, Eric & Crawshaw, Marilyn & Daniels, Ken
- 2627-2637 The sense of belonging to a neighbourhood: can it be measured and is it related to health and well being in older women?
by Young, Anne F. & Russell, Anne & Powers, Jennifer R.
2004, Volume 59, Issue 11
- 2183-2193 Diabetes meanings a mong those without diabetes: explanatory models of immigrant Latinos in rural North Carolina
by Arcury, Thomas A. & Skelly, Anne H. & Gesler, Wilbert M. & Dougherty, Molly C.
- 2195-2205 Cultural competence among physicians treating Mexican Americans who have diabetes: a structural model
by Reimann, Joachim O. F. & Talavera, Gregory A. & Salmon, Michelle & Nuñez, Joseph A. & Velasquez, Roberto J.
- 2207-2218 Effects of nurse follow-up on emergency room revisits: a randomized controlled trial
by Wong, Frances Kam Yuet & Chow, Susan & Chang, Katherine & Lee, Albert & Liu, Jiexin
- 2219-2232 Client satisfaction with reproductive health-care quality: integrating business approaches to modeling and measurement
by Alden, Dana L. & Hoa, Do Mai & Bhawuk, Dharm
- 2233-2244 Patient satisfaction and ethnic identity among American Indian older adults
by Garroutte, Eva Marie & Kunovich, Robert M. & Jacobsen, Clemma & Goldberg, Jack
- 2245-2257 Social relationships and allostatic load in Taiwanese elderly and near elderly
by Seeman, Teresa & Glei, Dana & Goldman, Noreen & Weinstein, Maxine & Singer, Burt & Lin, Yu-Hsuan
- 2259-2270 Mental health among older adults in Japan: do sources of social support and negative interaction make a difference?
by Okabayashi, Hideki & Liang, Jersey & Krause, Neal & Akiyama, Hiroko & Sugisawa, Hidehiro
- 2271-2284 Short-term effects of moving from public housing in poor to middle-class neighborhoods on low-income, minority adults' outcomes
by Fauth, Rebecca C. & Leventhal, Tama & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne
- 2285-2301 Preventing long-term welfare receipt: the theoretical relationship between health and poverty over the early life course
by Nielsen, Marcia J. & Juon, Hee-Soon & Ensminger, Margaret
- 2303-2312 The relationships of social participation and community ratings to health and health behaviors in areas with high and low population density
by Greiner, K. Allen & Li, Chaoyang & Kawachi, Ichiro & Hunt, D. Charles & Ahluwalia, Jasjit S.
- 2313-2323 Foreign direct investment and trade in health services: A review of the literature
by Smith, Richard D
- 2325-2334 Death and organ procurement: public beliefs and attitudes
by Siminoff, Laura A. & Burant, Christopher & Youngner, Stuart J.
- 2335-2359 A review of empirical studies on the model of effort-reward imbalance at work: reducing occupational stress by implementing a new theory
by Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Kawakami, Norito
- 2361-2371 Prevention of mosquito nuisance among urban populations in Burkina Faso
by Samuelsen, Helle & Toé, Léa Paré & Baldet, Thierry & Skovmand, Ole
- 2373-2385 Violence against women in Ghana: a look at women's perceptions and review of policy and social responses
by Amoakohene, Margaret Ivy
- 2387-2399 Geographical proximity and health care utilization in veterans with SCI&D in the USA
by LaVela, Sherri L. & Smith, Bridget & Weaver, Frances M. & Miskevics, Scott A.
2004, Volume 59, Issue 10
- 1995-2001 Hospital ethnography: introduction
by van der Geest, Sjaak & Finkler, Kaja
- 2003-2012 "Villagers": Differential treatment in a Ghanaian hospital
by Andersen, Helle Max
- 2013-2024 The gaps in the gaze in South African hospitals
by Gibson, Diana
- 2025-2036 Poverty and violence, frustration and inventiveness: hospital ward life in Bangladesh
by Zaman, Shahaduz
- 2037-2051 Biomedicine globalized and localized: western medical practices in an outpatient clinic of a Mexican hospital
by Finkler, Kaja
- 2053-2069 Compliance as strategy: the importance of personalised relations in obstetric practice
by Tanassi, Lucia M.
- 2071-2085 Dealing with doubt: Making decisions in a neonatal ward in The Netherlands
by Vermeulen, Eric
- 2087-2094 Doctors and retribution: the hospitalisation of compensation claims in the Highlands of Papua New Guinea
by van Amstel, Hans & van der Geest, Sjaak
- 2095-2108 Privacy, privatization, and the politics of patronage: ethnographic challenges to penetrating the secret world of Middle Eastern, hospital-based in vitro fertilization
by Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 2109-2120 Social inequalities and disability in older men: prospective findings from the British regional heart study
by Ebrahim, Shah & Papacosta, Olia & Wannamethee, Goya & Adamson, Joy
- 2121-2129 Gender differences in factors affecting use of health services: an analysis of a community study of middle-aged and older Australians
by Parslow, Ruth & Jorm, Anthony & Christensen, Helen & Jacomb, Patricia & Rodgers, Bryan
- 2131-2138 Childhood IQ and cardiovascular disease in adulthood: prospective observational study linking the Scottish Mental Survey 1932 and the Midspan studies
by Hart, C. L. & Taylor, M. D. & Smith, G. Davey & Whalley, L. J. & Starr, J. M. & Hole, D. J. & Wilson, V. & Deary, I. J.
- 2139-2147 The association of personal and neighborhood socioeconomic indicators with subclinical cardiovascular disease in an elderly cohort. The cardiovascular health study
by Nordstrom, Cheryl K. & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Jackson, Sharon A. & Gardin, Julius M.
- 2149-2160 Clarifying the relationships between health and residential mobility
by Larson, Ann & Bell, Martin & Young, Anne Frances
- 2161-2172 The elderly and AIDS: Coping with the impact of adult death in Tanzania
by Dayton, Julia & Ainsworth, Martha
- 2173-2182 Organ transplantation in Singapore: history, problems, and policies
by Schmidt, Volker H. & Lim, Chee Han
2004, Volume 59, Issue 9
- 1783-1793 The importance of being expert: the quest for cancer information on the Internet
by Ziebland, Sue
- 1795-1806 Characteristics of online and offline health information seekers and factors that discriminate between them
by Cotten, Shelia R & Gupta, Sipi S
- 1807-1818 Preventing hepatitis C: 'Common sense', 'the bug' and other perspectives from the risk narratives of people who inject drugs
by Davis, Mark & Rhodes, Tim & Martin, Anthea
- 1819-1830 Rapid assessment: an international review of diffusion, practice and outcomes in the substance use field
by Fitch, Chris & Stimson, Gerry V & Rhodes, Tim & Poznyak, Vladimir
- 1831-1842 Attendance for general practitioner asthma care by children with moderate to severe asthma in Auckland, New Zealand
by Buetow, Stephen & Richards, Deborah & Mitchell, Ed & Gribben, Barry & Adair, Vivienne & Coster, Gregor & Hight, Makere
- 1843-1855 An issue of culture: the effects of daily activities on prenatal care utilization patterns in rural South Africa
by McCray, Talia M.
- 1857-1866 "Important to test, important to support": attitudes toward disability rights and prenatal diagnosis among leaders of support groups for genetic disorders in Israel
by Raz, Aviad
- 1867-1878 Referral to rehabilitation following traumatic brain injury: practitioners and the process of decision-making
by Foster, Michele & Tilse, Cheryl & Fleming, Jennifer
- 1879-1889 Nursing, knowledge and power: A case analysis
by Ceci, Christine
- 1891-1897 Preferences for disclosure: the case of bedside rationing
by Schwappach, David L.B & Koeck, Christian M
- 1899-1912 Making sense of diabetes: cultural models, gender and individual adjustment to Type 2 diabetes in a Mexican community
by Daniulaityte, Raminta