Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
2009, Volume 69, Issue 5
- 786-792 Maximisation in extra-welfarism: A critique of the current position in health economics
by Coast, Joanna
- 793-801 Inequalities in health care utilization in Spain due to double insurance coverage: An Oaxaca-Ransom decomposition
by González Álvarez, M Luz & Barranquero, Antonio Clavero
2009, Volume 69, Issue 4
- 481-485 Is the apparent U-shape of well-being over the life course a result of inappropriate use of control variables? A commentary on Blanchflower and Oswald (66: 8, 2008, 1733-1749)
by Glenn, Norval
- 486-488 The U-shape without controls: A response to Glenn
by Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 489-499 Social capital, income inequality and self-rated health in Chita peninsula, Japan: a multilevel analysis of older people in 25 communities
by Ichida, Yukinobu & Kondo, Katsunori & Hirai, Hiroshi & Hanibuchi, Tomoya & Yoshikawa, Goshu & Murata, Chiyoe
- 500-505 Social capital and perceived health in Japan: An ecological and multilevel analysis
by Fujisawa, Yoshikazu & Hamano, Tsuyoshi & Takegawa, Shogo
- 506-508 Social capital and health in Japan: What has been confirmed and what has not. A commentary on Ichida and on Fujisawa
by Inaba, Yoji
- 509-511 Research on social capital and health in Japan. A commentary on Ichida and on Fujisawa
by Takao, Soshi
- 512-518 The different effects of vertical social capital and horizontal social capital on dental status: A multilevel analysis
by Aida, Jun & Hanibuchi, Tomoya & Nakade, Miyo & Hirai, Hiroshi & Osaka, Ken & Kondo, Katsunori
- 519-528 Association between attendance at religious services and self-reported health in 22 European countries
by Nicholson, Amanda & Rose, Richard & Bobak, Martin
- 529-537 Gender differences in education effects on all-cause mortality for white and black adults in the United States
by Zajacova, Anna & Hummer, Robert A.
- 538-542 Racialized identity and health in Canada: Results from a nationally representative survey
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 543-552 Convergence and divergence: Differences in disability prevalence estimates in the United States and Canada based on four health survey instruments
by Altman, Barbara M. & Gulley, Stephen P.
- 553-564 Visual epidemiology: Photographs as tools for probing street-level etiologies
by Cannuscio, Carolyn C. & Weiss, Eve E. & Fruchtman, Hannah & Schroeder, Jeannette & Weiner, Janet & Asch, David A.
- 565-570 Resilience and marginalized youth: Making a case for personal and collective meaning-making as part of resilience research in public health
by Wexler, Lisa Marin & DiFluvio, Gloria & Burke, Tracey K.
- 571-578 Inequality in social rank and adult nutritional status: Evidence from a small-scale society in the Bolivian Amazon
by Reyes-García, Victoria & Molina, Jose Luis & McDade, Thomas W. & Tanner, Susan N. & Huanca, Tomas & Leonard, William R.
- 579-586 Threats to safe motherhood in Honduran Miskito communities: Local perceptions of factors that contribute to maternal mortality
by Arps, Shahna
- 587-595 Young carers as social actors: Coping strategies of children caring for ailing or ageing guardians in Western Kenya
by Skovdal, Morten & Ogutu, Vincent O. & Aoro, Cellestine & Campbell, Catherine
- 596-603 "AIDS is rape!" gender and sexuality in children's responses to HIV and AIDS
by Bhana, Deevia
- 604-612 HIV prevention while the bulldozers roll: Exploring the effect of the demolition of Goa's red-light area
by Shahmanesh, Maryam & Wayal, Sonali & Andrew, Gracy & Patel, Vikram & Cowan, Frances M. & Hart, Graham
- 613-622 "Why doesn't she seek help for partner abuse?" An exploratory study with South Asian immigrant women
by Ahmad, Farah & Driver, Natasha & McNally, Mary Jane & Stewart, Donna E.
- 623-631 "You don't need a prescription to go gluten-free": The scientific self-diagnosis of celiac disease
by Copelton, Denise A. & Valle, Giuseppina
- 632-639 Illness careers and continuity of care in mental health services: A qualitative study of service users and carers
by Jones, Ian Rees & Ahmed, Nilufar & Catty, Jocelyn & McLaren, Susan & Rose, Diana & Wykes, Til & Burns, Tom
- 640-647 Comparing hospital costs: What is gained by accounting for more than a case-mix index?
by Hvenegaard, Anne & Street, Andrew & Sørensen, Torben Højmark & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte
- 648-653 Economic valuation of informal care in Asia: A case study of care for disabled stroke survivors in Thailand
by Riewpaiboon, Arthorn & Riewpaiboon, Wachara & Ponsoongnern, Kanyarat & Van den Berg, Bernard
2009, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 301-304 How Cuba's Latin American School of Medicine challenges the ethics of physician migration
by Huish, Robert
- 305-306 A Cuban revolution in medical education: A commentary on Huish
by Flegel, Ken
- 307-316 What is self-rated health and why does it predict mortality? Towards a unified conceptual model
by Jylhä, Marja
- 317-326 Income inequality, area-level poverty, perceived aversion to inequality, and self-rated health in Japan
by Oshio, Takashi & Kobayashi, Miki
- 327-334 Relative deprivation in income and self-rated health in the United States
by Subramanyam, Malavika & Kawachi, Ichiro & Berkman, Lisa & Subramanian, S.V.
- 335-344 Social comparisons and health: Can having richer friends and neighbors make you sick?
by Pham-Kanter, Genevieve
- 345-353 Do the determinants of health differ between people living in the community and in institutions?
by Asakawa, Keiko & Feeny, David & Senthilselvan, Ambikaipakan & Johnson, Jeffrey A. & Rolfson, Darryl
- 354-361 From boundary concept to boundary object: The practice and politics of care pathway development
by Allen, Davina
- 362-369 An ethnographic study of classifying and accounting for risk at the sharp end of medical wards
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Suokas, Anu & Pitchforth, Emma & Tarrant, Carolyn
- 370-378 A comparison of the health status and health care utilization patterns between foreigners and the national population in Spain: New evidence from the Spanish National Health Survey
by Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores
- 379-386 Analysing equity in health care financing: A flow of funds approach
by Smith, Samantha & Normand, Charles
- 387-395 Economic reforms and health insurance in China
by Du, Juan
- 396-403 The role of behavioural factors in explaining socio-economic differences in adolescent health: A multilevel study in 33 countries
by Richter, Matthias & Erhart, Michael & Vereecken, Carine A. & Zambon, Alessio & Boyce, William & Gabhainn, Saoirse Nic
- 404-410 Cohort study of informal carers of first-time stroke survivors: Profile of health and social changes in the first year of caregiving
by Simon, Chantal & Kumar, Satinder & Kendrick, Tony
- 411-419 Spatially informed knowledge translation: Informing potential users of Canada's Compassionate Care Benefit
by Giesbrecht, Melissa & Crooks, Valorie A. & Schuurman, Nadine & Williams, Allison
- 420-432 Concentrated affluence, concentrated disadvantage, and children's readiness for school: A population-based, multi-level investigation
by Carpiano, Richard M. & Lloyd, Jennifer E.V. & Hertzman, Clyde
- 433-441 Childhood socioeconomic status and racial differences in disability: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study (1998-2006)
by Bowen, Mary Elizabeth
- 442-450 Differences in stature, BMI, and dietary practices between US born and newly immigrated Hmong children
by Franzen, Lisa & Smith, Chery
- 451-459 Association of socioeconomic status with inflammation markers in black and white men and women in the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) study
by Gruenewald, Tara L. & Cohen, Sheldon & Matthews, Karen A. & Tracy, Russell & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 460-468 Occupational career and risk of mortality among US Civil War Veterans
by Su, Dejun
- 469-474 Connecting the invisible dots: Reaching lesbian, gay, and bisexual adolescents and young adults at risk for suicide through online social networks
by Silenzio, Vincent M.B. & Duberstein, Paul R. & Tang, Wan & Lu, Naiji & Tu, Xin & Homan, Christopher M.
- 475-480 Parents' health beliefs and HPV vaccination of their adolescent daughters
by Reiter, Paul L. & Brewer, Noel T. & Gottlieb, Sami L. & McRee, Annie-Laurie & Smith, Jennifer S.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 2
- 147-153 Extending specialist palliative care to people with heart failure: Semantic, historical and practical limitations to policy guidelines
by Chattoo, Sangeeta & Atkin, Karl M.
- 154-157 Palliative care: Based on neither diagnosis nor prognosis, but patient and family need. Commentary on Chattoo and Atkin
by Selman, Lucy Ellen & Beattie, James M. & Murtagh, Fliss E. & Higginson, Irene J.
- 158-159 An idealist vision of specialist palliative care: A response to the commentary by Selman, Beattie, Murtagh and Higginson
by Chattoo, Sangeeta & Atkin, Karl M.
- 160-164 Time to retire - Time to die? A prospective cohort study of the effects of early retirement on long-term survival
by Brockmann, Hilke & Müller, Rolf & Helmert, Uwe
- 165-171 The desire for hastened death in individuals with advanced cancer: A longitudinal qualitative study
by Nissim, Rinat & Gagliese, Lucia & Rodin, Gary
- 172-177 Doctors leaving 12 tertiary hospitals in Iraq, 2004-2007
by Burnham, Gilbert M. & Lafta, Riyadh & Doocy, Shannon
- 178-182 The impact of the business cycle on occupational injuries in the UK
by Davies, Rhys & Jones, Paul & Nuñez, Imanol
- 183-190 Idle chatter or learning? Evidence of social learning about clinicians and the health system from rural Tanzania
by Leonard, Kenneth L. & Adelman, Sarah W. & Essam, Timothy
- 191-198 Asset ownership and health and mental health functioning among AIDS-orphaned adolescents: Findings from a randomized clinical trial in rural Uganda
by Ssewamala, Fred M. & Han, Chang-Keun & Neilands, Torsten B.
- 199-209 Religious teachings and influences on the ABCs of HIV prevention in Malawi
by Trinitapoli, Jenny
- 210-214 Arranging and negotiating the use of informal interpreters in general practice consultations: Experiences of refugees and asylum seekers in the west of Ireland
by MacFarlane, Anne & Dzebisova, Zhanna & Karapish, Dmitri & Kovacevic, Bosiljka & Ogbebor, Florence & Okonkwo, Ekaterina
- 215-222 Gatekeeping practices of nurses in operating rooms
by Riley, Robin & Manias, Elizabeth
- 223-228 Marital status, gender and cardiovascular mortality: Behavioural, psychological distress and metabolic explanations
by Molloy, Gerard John & Stamatakis, Emmanuel & Randall, Gemma & Hamer, Mark
- 229-237 Financial hardship, socio-economic position and depression: Results from the PATH Through Life Survey
by Butterworth, Peter & Rodgers, Bryan & Windsor, Tim D.
- 238-245 Tales of the unexpected? Hidden resilience in poor households in Britain
by Canvin, Krysia & Marttila, Anneli & Burstrom, Bo & Whitehead, Margaret
- 246-257 Depression and anxiety in labor migrants and refugees - A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Lindert, Jutta & Ehrenstein, Ondine S. von & Priebe, Stefan & Mielck, Andreas & Brähler, Elmar
- 258-265 Differences in the self-reported racism experiences of US-born and foreign-born Black pregnant women
by Dominguez, Tyan Parker & Strong, Emily Ficklin & Krieger, Nancy & Gillman, Matthew W. & Rich-Edwards, Janet W.
- 266-273 German genes and Turkish traits: Ethnicity, infertility, and reproductive politics in Germany
by Vanderlinden, Lisa K.
- 274-277 How do prospective parents who decline prenatal screening account for their decision? A qualitative study
by Gottfre[eth]sdóttir, Helga & Björnsdóttir, Kristín & Sandall, Jane
- 278-284 Postponing worrisome thoughts in children: The effects of a postponement intervention on perseverative thoughts, emotions and somatic complaints
by Jellesma, Francine C. & Verkuil, Bart & Brosschot, Jos F.
- 285-292 Who feeds children? A child's-eye-view of caregiver feeding patterns among the Aka foragers in Congo
by Fouts, Hillary N. & Brookshire, Robyn A.
- 293-300 The postconventional body: Retheorising women's health
by Einstein, Gillian & Shildrick, Margrit
2009, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 1-8 Physician as partner or salesman? Shared decision-making in real-time encounters
by Karnieli-Miller, Orit & Eisikovits, Zvi
- 9-11 Can physicians both persuade and partner? A commentary on Karnieli-Miller and Eisikovits
by Eggly, Susan
- 12-13 The place of persuasion in shared decision making: A contextual approach. A response to Eggly
by Karnieli-Miller, Orit & Eisikovits, Zvi
- 14-20 The promotion of olanzapine in primary care: An examination of internal industry documents
by Spielmans, Glen I.
- 21-27 Objectification, standardization, and commodification in health care: A conceptual readjustment
by Timmermans, Stefan & Almeling, Rene
- 28-35 Depression and mental health in neoliberal times: A critical analysis of policy and discourse
by Teghtsoonian, Katherine
- 36-46 Is the political system really related to health?
by Klomp, Jeroen & de Haan, Jakob
- 47-55 Age and disability: Explaining the wage differential
by Gannon, Brenda & Munley, Margaret
- 56-60 When work and satisfaction with life do not go hand in hand: Health barriers and personal resources in the participation of people with chronic physical disabilities
by van Campen, Cretien & Cardol, Mieke
- 61-67 Hospital efficiency and transaction costs: A stochastic frontier approach
by Ludwig, Martijn & Groot, Wim & Van Merode, Frits
- 68-75 Patient satisfaction revisited: A multilevel approach
by Hekkert, Karin Dorieke & Cihangir, Sezgin & Kleefstra, Sophia Martine & van den Berg, Bernard & Kool, Rudolf Bertijn
- 76-84 Effects of child health on parents' social capital
by Schultz, Jennifer & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 85-93 The association of sexual orientation with self-rated health, and cigarette and alcohol use in Mexican adolescents and youths
by Ortiz-Hernández, Luis & Gómez Tello, Blanca Lilia & Valdés, Jesús
- 94-100 Risk of smoking initiation among Mexican immigrants before and after immigration to the United States
by Stoddard, Pamela
- 101-109 Segmented assimilation theory and perinatal health disparities among women of Mexican descent
by Johnson, Michelle A. & Marchi, Kristen S.
- 110-120 Are immigrant enclaves healthy places to live? The Multi-ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis
by Osypuk, Theresa L. & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Hadley, Craig & Kandula, Namratha R.
- 121-128 Race, place and AIDS: The role of socioeconomic context on racial disparities in treatment and survival in San Francisco
by Arnold, Michael & Hsu, Ling & Pipkin, Sharon & McFarland, Willi & Rutherford, George W.
- 129-137 The neighborhood effects of disrupted family processes on adolescent substanceÂ use
by Bernburg, Jon Gunnar & Thorlindsson, Thorolfur & Sigfusdottir, Inga D.
- 138-146 Childhood physical abuse and midlife physical health: Testing a multi-pathway life course model
by Springer, Kristen W.
2009, Volume 68, Issue 12
- 2097-2103 Differences in self-rated health by immigrant status and language preference among Arab Americans in the Detroit Metropolitan Area
by Abdulrahim, Sawsan & Baker, Wayne
- 2104-2112 Social connections, immigration-related factors, and self-rated physical and mental health among Asian Americans
by Zhang, Wei & Ta, Van M.
- 2113-2121 Low-income mothers' social support and children's injuries
by Leininger, Lindsey Jeanne & Ryan, Rebecca M. & Kalil, Ariel
- 2122-2128 Income incongruity, relative household income, and preterm birth in the Black Women's Health Study
by Phillips, Ghasi S. & Wise, Lauren A. & Rich-Edwards, Janet W. & Stampfer, Meir J. & Rosenberg, Lynn
- 2129-2136 Bonding and bridging neighborliness: An individual-level study in the context of health
by Beaudoin, Christopher E.
- 2137-2144 Parent-child dietary intake resemblance in the United States: Evidence from a large representative survey
by Beydoun, May A. & Wang, Youfa
- 2145-2151 Time perspective and socioeconomic status: A link to socioeconomic disparities in health?
by Guthrie, Lori C. & Butler, Stephen C. & Ward, Michael M.
- 2152-2160 Socioeconomic status and health in the Japanese population
by Kagamimori, Sadanobu & Gaina, Alexandru & Nasermoaddeli, Ali
- 2161-2169 The role of socioeconomic indicators on non-alcohol and alcohol-associated suicide mortality among women in Finland. A register-based follow-up study of 12 million person-years
by Mäki, Netta & Martikainen, Pekka
- 2170-2179 Changing health status and health expectancies among older adults in China: Gender differences from 1992 to 2002
by Gu, Danan & Dupre, Matthew E. & Warner, David F. & Zeng, Yi
- 2180-2189 Poverty-alleviation program participation and salivary cortisol in very low-income children
by Fernald, Lia C.H. & Gunnar, Megan R.
- 2190-2198 Looking for resilience: Understanding the longitudinal trajectories of responses to stress
by Norris, Fran H. & Tracy, Melissa & Galea, Sandro
- 2199-2205 Determinants, correlates and mediators of psychological distress: A longitudinal study
by Gadalla, Tahany M.
- 2206-2214 Theory driven research designs for explaining behavioural health risk transitions: The case of smoking
by Dixon, Jane & Banwell, Cathy
- 2215-2222 Why do people cooperate with medical research? Findings from three studies
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Tarrant, Carolyn
- 2223-2230 Understanding pharmacists' values: A qualitative study of ideals and dilemmas in UK pharmacy practice
by Benson, Ailsa & Cribb, Alan & Barber, Nick
- 2231-2239 US religious congregations and the sponsorship of health-related programs
by Trinitapoli, Jenny & Ellison, Christopher G. & Boardman, Jason D.
- 2240-2246 Drivers of tuberculosis epidemics: The role of risk factors and social determinants
by Lönnroth, Knut & Jaramillo, Ernesto & Williams, Brian G. & Dye, Christopher & Raviglione, Mario
- 2247-2255 Investigating public preferences on 'severity of health' as a relevant condition for setting healthcare priorities
by Green, Colin
- 2256-2262 Health policy reform in China: Lessons from Asia
by Ramesh, M. & Wu, Xun
- 2263-2270 Increasing the acceptability of HIV counseling and testing with three C's: Convenience, confidentiality and credibility
by Angotti, Nicole & Bula, Agatha & Gaydosh, Lauren & Kimchi, Eitan Zeev & Thornton, Rebecca L. & Yeatman, Sara E.
- 2271-2278 A comparison of HIV stigma and discrimination in five international sites: The influence of care and treatment resources in high prevalence settings
by Maman, Suzanne & Abler, Laurie & Parker, Lisa & Lane, Tim & Chirowodza, Admire & Ntogwisangu, Jacob & Srirak, Namtip & Modiba, Precious & Murima, Oliver & Fritz, Katherine
- 2279-2287 A comparison of HIV/AIDS-related stigma in four countries: Negative attitudes and perceived acts of discrimination towards people living with HIV/AIDS
by Genberg, Becky L. & Hlavka, Zdenek & Konda, Kelika A. & Maman, Suzanne & Chariyalertsak, Suwat & Chingono, Alfred & Mbwambo, Jessie & Modiba, Precious & Van Rooyen, Heidi & Celentano, David D.
2009, Volume 68, Issue 11
- 1909-1913 Inequality, race, and mortality in U.S. cities: A political and econometric review of Deaton and Lubotsky (56:6, 1139-1153, 2003)
by Ash, Michael & Robinson, Dean E.
- 1914-1917 Income inequality and mortality in U.S. cities: Weighing the evidence. A response to Ash
by Deaton, Angus & Lubotsky, Darren
- 1918-1925 The effect of changes in health sector resources on infant mortality in the short-run and the long-run: A longitudinal econometric analysis
by Farahani, Mansour & Subramanian, S.V. & Canning, David
- 1926-1934 The influence of national policy change on subnational policymaking: Medicaid nursing facility reimbursement in the American states
by Miller, Edward Alan & Wang, Lili
- 1935-1942 "I can see where they're coming from, but when you're on the end of it ... you just want to get the money and the drug.": Explaining reactions to explicit healthcare rationing
by Owen-Smith, Amanda & Coast, Joanna & Donovan, Jenny
- 1943-1947 How the economy affects teenage weight
by Arkes, Jeremy
- 1948-1955 Associations between maternal older age, family environment and parent and child wellbeing in families using assisted reproductive techniques to conceive
by Boivin, J. & Rice, Frances & Hay, Dale & Harold, Gordon & Lewis, Allyson & van den Bree, Marianne M.B. & Thapar, Anita
- 1956-1965 Family and school socioeconomic disadvantage: Interactive influences on adolescent dating violence victimization
by Spriggs, Aubrey L. & Halpern, Carolyn Tucker & Herring, Amy H. & Schoenbach, Victor J.
- 1966-1974 Perceived discrimination and health among Puerto Rican and Mexican Americans: Buffering effect of the Lazo matrimonial?
by Lee, Min-Ah & Ferraro, Kenneth F.
- 1975-1984 Neighborhood residential segregation and mental health: A multilevel analysis on Hispanic Americans in Chicago
by Lee, Min-Ah
- 1985-1992 Geographic hierarchies of diagnostic practice style in cerebrovascular disease
by Yiannakoulias, Nikolaos & Hill, Michael D. & Svenson, Lawrence W.
- 1993-2001 A multilevel analysis of social capital and self-rated health: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey
by Snelgrove, John W. & Pikhart, Hynek & Stafford, Mai
- 2002-2009 Fostering deliberations about health innovation: What do we want to know from publics?
by Lehoux, Pascale & Daudelin, Genevieve & Demers-Payette, Olivier & Boivin, Antoine
- 2010-2017 Distinguishing research from clinical care in cancer genetics: Theoretical justifications and practical strategies
by Hallowell, Nina & Cooke, Sarah & Crawford, Gill & Lucassen, Anneke & Parker, Michael
- 2018-2028 It's not just what you say, it's also how you say it: Opening the 'black box' of informed consent appointments in randomised controlled trials
by Wade, Julia & Donovan, Jenny L. & Athene Lane, J. & Neal, David E. & Hamdy, Freddie C.
- 2029-2036 "I couldn't say, I'm not a girl" - Adolescents talk about gender and marijuana use
by Haines, Rebecca J. & Johnson, Joy L. & Carter, Connie I. & Arora, Kamal
- 2037-2044 Talking the talk, walking the walk: Social network norms, communication patterns, and condom use among the male partners of female sex workers in La Romana, Dominican Republic
by Barrington, Clare & Latkin, Carl & Sweat, Michael D. & Moreno, Luis & Ellen, Jonathan & Kerrigan, Deanna
- 2045-2052 Symbolic capital and health: The case of women's sex work in Antananarivo, Madagascar
by Stoebenau, Kirsten
- 2053-2060 Colonialism, Biko and AIDS: Reflections on the principle of beneficence in South African medical ethics
by Braude, Hillel David
- 2061-2068 The problem of infertility in high fertility populations: Meanings, consequences and coping mechanisms in two Nigerian communities
by Hollos, Marida & Larsen, Ulla & Obono, Oka & Whitehouse, Bruce
- 2069-2077 Unintended consequences: Exploring the tensions between development programs and indigenous women in Mexico in the context of reproductive health
by Smith-Oka, Vania
- 2078-2088 Motivation, money and respect: A mixed-method study of Tanzanian non-physician clinicians
by Chandler, Clare I.R. & Chonya, Semkini & Mtei, Frank & Reyburn, Hugh & Whitty, Christopher J.M.
- 2089-2096 Explanatory models of influences on the construction and expression of user satisfaction
by Atkinson, Sarah & Medeiros, Regianne L.
2009, Volume 68, Issue 10
- 1745-1751 A survey of self-directed dying attended by proxies in the Dutch population
by Chabot, Boudewijn E. & Goedhart, Arnold
- 1752-1758 The rapidly changing location of death in Canada, 1994-2004
by Wilson, Donna M. & Truman, Corrine D. & Thomas, Roger & Fainsinger, Robin & Kovacs-Burns, Kathy & Froggatt, Katherine & Justice, Christopher
- 1759-1765 You'll "Get Viagraed:" Mexican men's preference for alternative erectile dysfunction treatment
by Wentzell, Emily & Salmerón, Jorge
- 1766-1774 Decisions about Pap tests: What influences women and providers?
by Fiebig, Denzil G. & Haas, Marion & Hossain, Ishrat & Street, Deborah J. & Viney, Rosalie
- 1775-1779 Prescribing behaviour of village doctors under China's New Cooperative Medical Scheme
by Sun, Xiaoyun & Jackson, Sukhan & Carmichael, Gordon A. & Sleigh, Adrian C.
- 1780-1787 Do lower birth weight babies have lower grades? Twin fixed effect and instrumental variable method evidence from Taiwan
by Lin, Ming-Jen & Liu, Jin-Tan
- 1788-1792 Policy determinants affecting the hunger millennium development goal
by Palma, Marco Antonio & Ortiz, Rocio & Alvarez-Dardet, Carlos & Ruiz, Maria T.
- 1793-1800 "It's all the time in my mind": Facilitators of adherence to antiretroviral therapy in a Tanzanian setting
by Watt, Melissa H. & Maman, Suzanne & Earp, Jo Anne & Eng, Eugenia & Setel, Philip W. & Golin, Carol E. & Jacobson, Mark
- 1801-1809 The independent contribution of individual-, neighbourhood-, and country-level socioeconomic position on attitudes towards intimate partner violence against women in sub-Saharan Africa: A multilevel model of direct and moderating effects
by Uthman, Olalekan Abdulrahman & Moradi, Tahereh & Lawoko, Stephen
- 1810-1818 Is education the link between orphanhood and HIV/HSV-2 risk among female adolescents in urban Zimbabwe?
by Birdthistle, Isolde & Floyd, Sian & Nyagadza, Auxillia & Mudziwapasi, Netsai & Gregson, Simon & Glynn, Judith R.
- 1819-1825 Individual, familial and community determinants of child physical abuse among high-school students in China
by Wong, William Chi Wai & Chen, Wei Qing & Goggins, William B. & Tang, Catherine S. & Leung, Phil W.
- 1826-1834 Social determinants of child and adolescent traffic-related and intentional injuries: A multilevel study in Stockholm County
by Laflamme, Lucie & Hasselberg, Marie & Reimers, Anne-Mari & Cavalini, Luciana Tricai & Ponce de Leon, Antonio
- 1835-1842 Social mobility: Evidence that it can widen health inequalities
by Boyle, Paul J. & Norman, Paul & Popham, Frank
- 1843-1851 Objective and subjective social class gradients for substance use among Mexican adolescents
by Ritterman, Miranda Lucia & Fernald, Lia C. & Ozer, Emily J. & Adler, Nancy E. & Gutierrez, Juan Pablo & Syme, S. Leonard
- 1852-1858 Ethnicity and nativity status as determinants of perceived social support: Testing the concept of familism
by Almeida, Joanna & Molnar, Beth E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V.
- 1859-1865 Neighborhood racial composition, social capital and black all-cause mortality in Philadelphia
by Hutchinson, Rebbeca N. & Putt, Mary A. & Dean, Lorraine T. & Long, Judith A. & Montagnet, Chantal A. & Armstrong, Katrina
- 1866-1874 Discrimination, work and health in immigrant populations in Spain
by Agudelo-Suárez, Andrés & Gil-González, Diana & Ronda-Pérez, Elena & Porthé, Victoria & Paramio-Pérez, Gema & García, Ana M. & Garí, Aitana
- 1875-1881 Effect of job strain and depressive symptoms upon returning to work after acute coronary syndrome
by Fukuoka, Yoshimi & Dracup, Kathleen & Takeshima, Masako & Ishii, Noriko & Makaya, Miyuki & Groah, Linda & Kyriakidis, Erick
- 1882-1891 "There are always two sides to these things": Managing the dilemma of serious adverse effects from SSRIs
by Liebert, Rachel & Gavey, Nicola
- 1892-1900 How young people find out about their family history of Huntington's disease
by Forrest Keenan, Karen & van Teijlingen, Edwin & McKee, Lorna & Miedzybrodzka, Zosia & Simpson, Sheila A.
- 1901-1907 'You are not yourself': Exploring masculinities among heterosexual African men living with HIV in London
by Doyal, Lesley & Anderson, Jane & Paparini, Sara
2009, Volume 68, Issue 9
- 1561-1564 Early-life effects on socio-economic performance and mortality in later life: A full life-course approach using contemporary and historical sources
by Bengtsson, Tommy & Mineau, Geraldine P.
- 1565-1573 Do childhood cognitive ability or smoking behaviour explain the influence of lifetime socio-economic conditions on premature adult mortality in a British post war birth cohort?
by Kuh, Diana & Shah, Imran & Richards, Marcus & Mishra, Gita & Wadsworth, Michael & Hardy, Rebecca
- 1574-1582 Early childhood health, reproduction of economic inequalities and the persistence of health and mortality differentials
by Palloni, Alberto & Milesi, Carolina & White, Robert G. & Turner, Alyn
- 1583-1590 Do conditions in early life affect old-age mortality directly and indirectly? Evidence from 19th-century rural Sweden
by Bengtsson, Tommy & Broström, Göran
- 1591-1598 Exogenous determinants of early-life conditions, and mortality later in life
by van den Berg, Gerard J. & Doblhammer, Gabriele & Christensen, Kaare
- 1599-1608 Testing the influenza-tuberculosis selective mortality hypothesis with Union Army data
by Noymer, Andrew
- 1609-1616 Does exposure to infectious diseases in infancy affect old-age mortality? Evidence from a pre-industrial population
by Gagnon, Alain & Mazan, Ryan
- 1617-1624 Infant mortality and diminished entelechy in three European countries
by Bruckner, Tim A. & Catalano, Ralph A.
- 1625-1632 Age at first birth, parity, and post-reproductive mortality among white and black women in the US, 1982-2002
by Spence, Naomi J. & Eberstein, Isaac W.
- 1633-1640 The impact of early twentieth century illegitimacy across three generations. Longevity and intergenerational health correlates
by Modin, Bitte & Koupil, Ilona & Vågerö, Denny
- 1641-1648 Long-term mortality consequences of childhood family context in Liaoning, China, 1749-1909
by Campbell, Cameron D. & Lee, James Z.
- 1649-1658 Effects of childhood and middle-adulthood family conditions on later-life mortality: Evidence from the Utah Population Database, 1850-2002
by Smith, Ken R. & Mineau, Geraldine P. & Garibotti, Gilda & Kerber, Richard
- 1659-1666 Harms and benefits: Collecting ethnicity data in a clinical context
by Varcoe, Colleen & Browne, Annette J. & Wong, Sabrina & Smye, Victoria L.
- 1667-1675 Do biological, sociodemographic, and behavioral characteristics explain racial/ethnic disparities in preterm births?
by Sparks, P. Johnelle
- 1676-1684 Does health predict the reporting of racial discrimination or do reports of discrimination predict health? Findings from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth
by Gee, Gilbert & Walsemann, Katrina
- 1685-1691 Overweight status, self-perception, and suicidal behaviors among adolescents
by Dave, Dhaval & Rashad, Inas
- 1692-1699 Social origins, early hardship and obesity: A strong association in women, but not in men?
by Khlat, Myriam & Jusot, Florence & Ville, Isabelle
- 1700-1710 The effects of exercise interventions on quality of life in clinical and healthy populations; a meta-analysis
by Gillison, Fiona Bridget & Skevington, Suzanne M. & Sato, Ayana & Standage, Martyn & Evangelidou, Stella
- 1711-1719 Health interventions and the persistence of rumour: The circulation of sterility stories in African public health campaigns
by Kaler, Amy
- 1720-1727 Childhood drowning in Matlab, Bangladesh: An in-depth exploration of community perceptions and practices
by Blum, Lauren S. & Khan, Rasheda & Hyder, Adnan A. & Shahanaj, Sabina & El Arifeen, Shams & Baqui, Abdullah
- 1728-1736 Diarrhoea, acute respiratory infection, and fever among children in the Democratic Republic of Congo
by Kandala, Ngianga-Bakwin & Emina, Jacques B. & Nzita, Paul Denis K. & Cappuccio, Francesco P.
- 1737-1744 "Nuts, schiz, psycho": An exploration of young homeless people's perceptions and dilemmas of defining mental health
by O'Reilly, Michelle & Taylor, Helen C. & Vostanis, Panos
2009, Volume 68, Issue 8
- 1361-1367 Evidence of localized clustering of gastroschisis births in North Carolina, 1999-2004
by Root, Elisabeth Dowling & Meyer, Robert E. & Emch, Michael E.
- 1368-1375 The dynamics of income and neighborhood context for population health: Do long-term measures of socioeconomic status explain more of the black/white health disparity than single-point-in-time measures?
by Do, D. Phuong
- 1376-1387 Conceptualizing community: A comparison of neighborhood characteristics of supportive housing for persons with psychiatric and developmental disabilities
by Irene Wong, Yin-Ling & Stanhope, Victoria
- 1388-1395 Pioneers and laggards - Is the effect of gender equality on health dependent on context?
by Backhans, Mona Christina & Burström, Bo & Lindholm, Lars & Månsdotter, Anna
- 1396-1406 Job loss is bad for your health - Swedish evidence on cause-specific hospitalization following involuntary job loss
by Eliason, Marcus & Storrie, Donald
- 1407-1415 Social patterns of pay systems and their associations with psychosocial job characteristics and burnout among paid employees in Taiwan
by Yeh, Wan-Yu & Cheng, Yawen & Chen, Chiou-Jung
- 1416-1424 Does school environment affect 11-year-olds' fruit and vegetable intake in Denmark?
by Krølner, Rikke & Due, Pernille & Rasmussen, Mette & Damsgaard, Mogens Trab & Holstein, Bjørn E. & Klepp, Knut-Inge & Lynch, John
- 1425-1431 Do childhood and adult socioeconomic circumstances influence health and physical function in middle-age?
by Osler, Merete & Madsen, Mia & Nybo Andersen, Anne-Marie & Avlund, Kirsten & Mcgue, Matt & Jeune, Bernard & Christensen, Kaare
- 1432-1438 Do consultation charges deter general practitioner use among older people? A natural experiment
by Layte, Richard & Nolan, Anne & McGee, Hannah & O'Hanlon, Ann
- 1439-1447 Tobacco control policies are egalitarian: A vulnerabilities perspective on clean indoor air laws, cigarette prices, and tobacco use disparities
by Dinno, Alexis & Glantz, Stanton
- 1448-1455 Writing social determinants into and out of cancer control: An assessment of policy practice
by Carter, Stacy M. & Hooker, L. Claire & Davey, Heather M.
- 1456-1463 'Fruit of the accords': Healthcare reform and civil participation in Highland Guatemala
by Maupin, Jonathan Nathaniel
- 1464-1471 Ritual and the organisation of care in primary care clinics in Cape Town, South Africa
by Lewin, Simon & Green, Judith
- 1472-1480 Genetics on stage: Public engagement in health policy development on preimplantation genetic diagnosis
by Cox, Susan M. & Kazubowski-Houston, Magdalena & Nisker, Jeff
- 1481-1488 Imagining value, imagining users: Academic technology transfer for health innovation
by Miller, Fiona Alice & Sanders, Carrie B. & Lehoux, Pascale
- 1489-1497 Negotiating science and experience in medical knowledge: Gynaecologists on endometriosis
by Whelan, Emma
- 1498-1505 Diagnosing and treating premenstrual syndrome in five western nations
by Weisz, George & Knaapen, Loes
- 1506-1512 A dialogic model of conversations about risk: Coordinating perceptions and achieving quality decisions in cancer care
by Collins, Dorothy L. & Street Jr., Richard L.
- 1513-1520 Media saturation, communication exposure and HIV stigma in Nigeria
by Babalola, Stella & Fatusi, Adesegun & Anyanti, Jennifer
- 1521-1526 Combining education and video-based contact to reduce stigma of mental illness: "The Same or Not the Same" anti-stigma program for secondary schools in Hong Kong
by Chan, Jenny Y.N. & Mak, Winnie W.S. & Law, Lawrence S.C.
- 1527-1534 Perceived financial status, health, and maladjustment in adolescence
by Hamilton, Hayley A. & Noh, Samuel & Adlaf, Edward M.
- 1535-1540 Partner- and partnership-related risk factors for preterm birth among low-income women in Lima, Peru
by Paul, Kathleen & Garcia, Pedro J. & Manhart, Lisa E. & Holmes, King K. & Hitti, Jane E.
- 1541-1547 Can sex workers regulate police? Learning from an HIV prevention project for sex workers in southern India
by Biradavolu, Monica Rao & Burris, Scott & George, Annie & Jena, Asima & Blankenship, Kim M.