Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60
2010, Volume 70, Issue 12
- 1888-1895 Interruptions and resistance: A comparison of medical consultations with family and trained interpreters
by Leanza, Yvan & Boivin, Isabelle & Rosenberg, Ellen
- 1896-1903 Assessing the quality of democratic deliberation: A case study of public deliberation on the ethics of surrogate consent for research
by De Vries, Raymond & Stanczyk, Aimee & Wall, Ian F. & Uhlmann, Rebecca & Damschroder, Laura J. & Kim, Scott Y.
- 1904-1911 The ethics of responsibility and ownership in decision-making about treatment for breast cancer: Triangulation of consultation with patient and surgeon perspectives
by Mendick, Nicola & Young, Bridget & Holcombe, Christopher & Salmon, Peter
- 1912-1919 'Like sugar and honey': The embedded ethics of a larval control project in The Gambia
by Kelly, Ann H. & Ameh, David & Majambere, Silas & Lindsay, Steve & Pinder, Margaret
- 1920-1927 The female community health volunteer programme in Nepal: Decision makers' perceptions of volunteerism, payment and other incentives
by Glenton, Claire & Scheel, Inger B. & Pradhan, Sabina & Lewin, Simon & Hodgins, Stephen & Shrestha, Vijaya
- 1928-1932 International involvement and national health governance: The basic benefit package in Tajikistan
by Rechel, Bernd & Khodjamurodov, Ghafur
- 1933-1942 Establishing health systems financing research priorities in developing countries using a participatory methodology
by Ranson, Kent & Law, Tyler J. & Bennett, Sara
- 1943-1947 Estimating the costs of medicalization
by Conrad, Peter & Mackie, Thomas & Mehrotra, Ateev
- 1948-1956 The role (or not) of economic evaluation at the micro level: Can Bourdieu's theory provide a way forward for clinical decision-making?
by Lessard, Chantale & Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre & Beaulieu, Marie-Dominique
- 1957-1965 Using discrete choice experiments to understand preferences for quality of life. Variance-scale heterogeneity matters
by Flynn, Terry Nicholas & Louviere, Jordan J. & Peters, Tim J. & Coast, Joanna
- 1966-1973 Factors influencing gender differences in smoking and their separate contributions: Evidence from South Korea
by Chung, Woojin & Lim, Seungji & Lee, Sunmi
- 1974-1981 Symmetric mortality and asymmetric suicide cycles
by Wu, Wen-Chieh & Cheng, Hui-Pei
- 1982-1987 Temporary work and depressive symptoms: A propensity score analysis
by Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie & DeHaney, Suzanne & Ciampi, Antonio
- 1988-1996 Allostatic load is associated with chronic conditions in the Boston Puerto Rican Health Study
by Mattei, Josiemer & Demissie, Serkalem & Falcon, Luis M. & Ordovas, Jose M. & Tucker, Katherine
- 1997-2005 Immigrant generation and physical activity among Mexican, Chinese & Filipino adults in the U.S
by Afable-Munsuz, Aimee & Ponce, Ninez A. & Rodriguez, Michael & Perez-Stable, Eliseo J.
- 2006-2010 The road to efficiency? Re-examining the impact of the primary care physician workforce on health care utilization rates
by Wright, David Bradley & Ricketts III, Thomas C.
- 2011-2018 Individual, social and environmental correlates of physical activity among women living in socioeconomically disadvantaged neighbourhoods
by Cleland, Verity & Ball, Kylie & Hume, Clare & Timperio, Anna & King, Abby C. & Crawford, David
- 2019-2028 Compared to whom? Subjective social status, self-rated health, and referent group sensitivity in a diverse US sample
by Wolff, Lisa S. & Subramanian, S.V. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Weber, Deanne & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 2029-2035 "If your shoes are raggedy you get talked about": Symbolic and material dimensions of adolescent social status and health
by Sweet, Elizabeth
- 2036-2044 Disclosure and sickle cell disorder: A mixed methods study of the young person with sickle cell at school
by Dyson, Simon Martin & Atkin, Karl & Culley, Lorraine A. & Dyson, Sue E. & Evans, Hala & Rowley, Dave T.
- 2045-2051 Internalization of stigma for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder in Hong Kong
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Kwok, Yvonne T.Y.
- 2052-2060 Job quality and inequality: Parents' jobs and children's emotional and behavioural difficulties
by Strazdins, Lyndall & Shipley, Megan & Clements, Mark & Obrien, Léan V. & Broom, Dorothy H.
- 2061-2069 Siblings and childhood mental health: Evidence for a later-born advantage
by Lawson, David W. & Mace, Ruth
- 2070-2079 The meaning and mental health consequences of long-term immigration detention for people seeking asylum
by Coffey, Guy J. & Kaplan, Ida & Sampson, Robyn C. & Tucci, Maria Montagna
- 2080-2084 Understanding the association between condom use at first and most recent sexual intercourse: An assessment of normative, calculative, and habitual explanations
by Stulhofer, Aleksandar & Bacak, Valerio & Ajdukovic, Dea & Graham, Cynthia
- 2085-2095 Adolescents can know best: Using concept mapping to identify factors and pathways driving adolescent sexuality in Lima, Peru
by Bayer, Angela M. & Cabrera, Lilia Z. & Gilman, Robert H. & Hindin, Michelle J. & Tsui, Amy O.
- 2096-2096 Corrigendum to: "The design and validation of a spatial microsimulation model ofÂ obesogenic environments for children in Leeds, UK: SimObesity" [Social Science & Medicine, 69 (2009), 1127-1134]
by Edwards, Kimberley L. & Clarke, Graham P.
- 2097-2097 Corrigendum to: "Who profits from visual aids: Overcoming challenges in people's understanding of risks" [Social Science & Medicine, 70 (2010), 1019-1025
by Garcia-Retamero, Rocio & Galesic, Mirta
2010, Volume 70, Issue 11
- 1665-1668 Reforming medical education: A review and synthesis of five critiques of medical practice
by Sales, Christopher S. & Schlaff, Anthony L.
- 1669-1671 Will teaching social sciences to medical students hasten health care reform? A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Weller, Jennifer M. & Woodward, Alistair J.
- 1672-1676 Recipes for medical education reform: Will different ingredients create better doctors? A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Whitehead, Cynthia
- 1677-1679 The two dogmas of empirical education in medicine. A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Schwab, Abraham
- 1680-1681 Reforming medical education: A response to Weller and Woodward, and Whitehead, and Schwab
by Sales, Christopher S. & Schlaff, Anthony L.
- 1682-1689 Scripting patienthood with patient clothing
by Topo, Päivi & Iltanen-Tähkävuori, Sonja
- 1690-1692 Welfare embodied: The materiality of hospital dress: A commentary on Topo and Iltanen-Tähkävuori
by Twigg, Julia
- 1693-1700 Illness reporting and demand for medical care in rural Burkina Faso
by Pokhrel, Subhash & De Allegri, Manuela & Gbangou, Adijma & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 1701-1704 Factors that influence the participation of healthcare professionals in advance care planning for patients with terminal cancer: A nationwide survey in Taiwan
by Hu, Wen-Yu & Huang, Chien-Hsun & Chiu, Tai-Yuan & Hung, Shou-Hung & Peng, Jen-Kuei & Chen, Ching-Yu
- 1705-1713 'Wrong parents' and 'right parents': Shared perspectives about citizen participation in policy implementation
by Potter, Deborah Anne
- 1714-1720 Resisting blame and managing emotion in general practice: The case of patient suicide
by Kendall, Kathleen & Wiles, Rose
- 1721-1727 HIV generations? Generational discourse in interviews with Australian general practitioners and their HIV positive gay male patients
by Newman, Christy & Mao, Limin & Canavan, Peter G. & Kidd, Michael R. & Saltman, Deborah C. & Kippax, Susan C.
- 1728-1736 What do physicians gain (and lose) with experience? Qualitative results from a cross-national study of diabetes
by Elstad, Emily A. & Lutfey, Karen E. & Marceau, Lisa D. & Campbell, Stephen M. & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & McKinlay, John B.
- 1737-1744 Male reproductive control of women who have experienced intimate partner violence in the United States
by Moore, Ann M. & Frohwirth, Lori & Miller, Elizabeth
- 1745-1755 Poverty, vulnerability, and provision of healthcare in Afghanistan
by Trani, Jean-Francois & Bakhshi, Parul & Noor, Ayan A. & Lopez, Dominique & Mashkoor, Ashraf
- 1756-1764 Maori healers' views on wellbeing: The importance of mind, body, spirit, family and land
by Mark, Glenis Tabetha & Lyons, Antonia C.
- 1765-1772 Project-induced migration and depression: A panel analysis
by Hwang, Sean-Shong & Cao, Yue & Xi, Juan
- 1773-1779 Patterns of distress, precipitating events, and reflections on suicide attempts by young Latinas
by Zayas, Luis & Gulbas, Lauren E. & Fedoravicius, Nicole & Cabassa, Leopoldo J.
- 1780-1788 Socio-economic status and oral health-related behaviours in Korean adolescents
by Jung, Se-Hwan & Tsakos, Georgios & Sheiham, Aubrey & Ryu, Jae-In & Watt, Richard G.
- 1789-1798 The knowledge, education and behaviour of young people with regard to Chlamydia trachomatis in Aarhus, Denmark and Bonn, Germany: Do prevention concepts matter?
by Lengen, Charis & Jäger, Sabine & Kistemann, Thomas
- 1799-1805 Are children and adolescents less active if parents restrict their physical activity and active transport due to perceived risk?
by Carver, Alison & Timperio, Anna & Hesketh, Kylie & Crawford, David
- 1806-1815 Local environments as determinants of walking in Melbourne, Australia
by Bentley, Rebecca & Jolley, Damien & Kavanagh, Anne Marie
- 1816-1824 Do working mothers raise couch potato kids? Maternal employment and children's lifestyle behaviours and weight in early childhood
by Brown, Judith E. & Broom, Dorothy H. & Nicholson, Jan M. & Bittman, Michael
- 1825-1831 The adaptive role of perceived control before and after cancer diagnosis: A prospective study
by Ranchor, Adelita V. & Wardle, Jane & Steptoe, Andrew & Henselmans, Inge & Ormel, Johan & Sanderman, Robbert
- 1832-1839 The impact of subjective and objective social status on psychological distress among men and women in Japan
by Sakurai, Keiko & Kawakami, Norito & Yamaoka, Kazue & Ishikawa, Hirono & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 1840-1846 The protective effects of civic communities against all-cause mortality
by Lee, Matthew R.
- 1847-1857 Fertility history and cause-specific mortality: A register-based analysis of complete cohorts of Norwegian women and men
by Grundy, Emily & Kravdal, Øystein
- 1858-1864 Alcohol use and social interactions among adolescents in Sweden: Do peer effects exist within and/or between the majority population and immigrants?
by Svensson, Mikael
- 1866-1866 Call for papers: Sociology of diagnosis: Negotiation, mediation and contingency
by Jutel, Annemarie & Nettleton, Sarah
2010, Volume 70, Issue 10
- 1467-1474 Schools as social complex adaptive systems: A new way to understand the challenges of introducing the health promoting schools concept
by Keshavarz, Nastaran & Nutbeam, Don & Rowling, Louise & Khavarpour, Freidoon
- 1475-1477 Approaching complexity: A commentary on Keshavarz, Nutbeam, Rowling and Khavarpour
by Haggis, Tamsin
- 1478-1479 Social complex adaptive systems. A response to Haggis
by Keshavarz, Nastaran & Nutbeam, Don & Rowling, Louise
- 1480-1486 Timing of retirement and mortality - A cohort study of Swedish construction workers
by Hult, Carl & Stattin, Mikael & Janlert, Urban & Järvholm, Bengt
- 1487-1488 Do disability pensioners have a higher mortality rate than non-pensioners? Adjusting for potential confounding: A commentary on Hult, Stattin, Janlert and Järvholm
by Wallman, Thorne & Svärdsudd, Kurt
- 1489-1491 Comparing mortality rates and recognizing health selection bias: A response to Wallman and Svärdsudd
by Hult, Carl & Stattin, Mikael & Janlert, Urban & Järvholm, Bengt
- 1492-1500 Translating evidence into practice: A shared priority in public health?
by McAneney, H. & McCann, J.F. & Prior, L. & Wilde, J. & Kee, F.
- 1501-1508 Using the life course perspective to study the entry into the illness trajectory: The perspective of caregivers of people with Alzheimer's disease
by Carpentier, Normand & Bernard, Paul & Grenier, Amanda & Guberman, Nancy
- 1509-1517 Disseminating educational innovations in health care practice: Training versus social networks
by Jippes, Erik & Achterkamp, Marjolein C. & Brand, Paul L.P. & Kiewiet, Derk Jan & Pols, Jan & van Engelen, Jo M.L.
- 1518-1526 "It all depends": Conceptualizing public involvement in the context of health technology assessment agencies
by Gauvin, Francois-Pierre & Abelson, Julia & Giacomini, Mita & Eyles, John & Lavis, John N.
- 1527-1535 The effect of a public health card program on the supply of health care
by Johar, Meliyanni
- 1536-1543 Understanding the impact of economic evidence on clinical decision making: A discrete choice experiment in cardiology
by Torbica, Aleksandra & Fattore, Giovanni
- 1544-1549 Dramatic increase of Cesarean deliveries in the midst of health reforms in rural China
by Bogg, Lennart & Huang, Kun & Long, Qian & Shen, Yuan & Hemminki, Elina
- 1550-1557 Social disparities and cause-specific mortality during economic development
by Mary Schooling, C. & Lau, Elaine W.L. & Tin, Keith Y.K. & Leung, Gabriel M.
- 1558-1566 Socioeconomic and behavioral risk factors for mortality in a national 19-year prospective study of U.S. adults
by Lantz, Paula M. & Golberstein, Ezra & House, James S. & Morenoff, Jeffrey
- 1567-1573 Economic models of the family and the relationship between economic status and health
by Tipper, Adam
- 1574-1580 Difficulty of healthy eating: A Rasch model approach
by Henson, Spencer & Blandon, Jose & Cranfield, John
- 1581-1589 The cost of sickness: On the effect of the duration of sick leave on post-sick leave earnings
by Andersen, Signe Hald
- 1590-1598 Does variation in general practitioner (GP) practice matter for the length of sick leave? A multilevel analysis based on Norwegian GP-patient data
by Aakvik, Arild & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kamrul Islam, M.
- 1599-1608 Listen carefully: The risk of error in spoken medication orders
by Lambert, Bruce L. & Dickey, Laura Walsh & Fisher, William M. & Gibbons, Robert D. & Lin, Swu-Jane & Luce, Paul A. & McLennan, Conor T. & Senders, John W. & Yu, Clement T.
- 1609-1617 Effects of organizational justice on depressive symptoms and sickness absence: A longitudinal perspective
by Ybema, Jan F. & van den Bos, Kees
- 1618-1625 Using theory to synthesise evidence from behaviour change interventions: The example of audit and feedback
by Gardner, Benjamin & Whittington, Craig & McAteer, John & Eccles, Martin P. & Michie, Susan
- 1626-1632 Suicide prevention by limiting access to methods: A review of theory and practice
by Florentine, Julia Buus & Crane, Catherine
- 1633-1640 Spiritual therapeutic landscapes and healing: A case study of St. Anne de Beaupre, Quebec, Canada
by Williams, Allison
- 1641-1647 "He's a good-looking chap aint he?": Narrative and visualisations of self in body dysmorphic disorder
by Silver, Joanna & Reavey, Paula
- 1648-1655 Group-based citizenship in the acceptance of indoor residual spraying (IRS) for malaria control in Mozambique
by Montgomery, Catherine M. & Munguambe, Khátia & Pool, Robert
- 1656-1664 Don't let the suffering make you fade away: An ethnographic study of resilience among survivors of genocide-rape in southern Rwanda
by Zraly, Maggie & Nyirazinyoye, Laetitia
2010, Volume 70, Issue 9
- 1263-1270 Suppression of racial disparities for children with special health care needs among families receiving Medicaid
by Rose, Roderick A. & Parish, Susan L. & Yoo, Joan & Grady, Melissa D. & Powell, Sarah E. & Hicks-Sangster, Tamara K.
- 1271-1273 Medicaid and racial disparities in health: The issue of causality. A commentary on Rose etÂ al
by Michael Foster, E.
- 1274-1276 Observation, correlation and policy analysis: A response to Foster
by Rose, Roderick A. & Parish, Susan L. & Yoo, Joan P.
- 1277-1284 Genotype-environment interaction and sociology: Contributions and complexities
by Seabrook, Jamie A. & Avison, William R.
- 1285-1294 Theorising big IT programmes in healthcare: Strong structuration theory meets actor-network theory
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Stones, Rob
- 1295-1300 Are cancer registries unconstitutional?
by McLaughlin, Robert H. & Clarke, Christina A. & Crawley, LaVera M. & Glaser, Sally L.
- 1301-1308 Defining near misses: Towards a sharpened definition based on empirical data about error handling processes
by Kessels-Habraken, Marieke & Van der Schaaf, Tjerk & De Jonge, Jan & Rutte, Christel
- 1309-1316 Prospective risk analysis prior to retrospective incident reporting and analysis as a means to enhance incident reporting behaviour: A quasi-experimental field study
by Kessels-Habraken, Marieke & De Jonge, Jan & Van der Schaaf, Tjerk & Rutte, Christel
- 1317-1325 Preferences for long-term care services: Willingness to pay estimates derived from a discrete choice experiment
by Nieboer, Anna P. & Koolman, Xander & Stolk, Elly A.
- 1326-1334 Spanning the know-do gap: Understanding knowledge application and capacity in long-term care homes
by Berta, Whitney & Teare, Gary F. & Gilbart, Erin & Ginsburg, Liane S. & Lemieux-Charles, Louise & Davis, Dave & Rappolt, Susan
- 1335-1341 In search of 'low health literacy': Threshold vs. gradient effect of literacy on health status and mortality
by Wolf, Michael S. & Feinglass, Joseph & Thompson, Jason & Baker, David W.
- 1342-1349 Development of a Deprivation Index and its relation to premature mortality due to diseases of the circulatory system in Hungary, 1998-2004
by Juhász, Attila & Nagy, Csilla & Páldy, Anna & Beale, Linda
- 1350-1357 National independence, women's political participation, and life expectancy in Norway
by Nobles, Jenna & Brown, Ryan & Catalano, Ralph
- 1358-1366 Income inequality, perceived happiness, and self-rated health: Evidence from nationwide surveys in Japan
by Oshio, Takashi & Kobayashi, Miki
- 1367-1372 Does low workplace social capital have detrimental effect on workers' health?
by Suzuki, Etsuji & Takao, Soshi & Subramanian, S.V. & Komatsu, Hirokazu & Doi, Hiroyuki & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1373-1380 Racial and social class gradients in life expectancy in contemporary California
by Clarke, Christina A. & Miller, Tim & Chang, Ellen T. & Yin, Daixin & Cockburn, Myles & Gomez, Scarlett L.
- 1381-1390 Sense of community and its relationship with walking and neighborhood design
by Wood, Lisa & Frank, Lawrence D. & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 1391-1395 Deprivation amplification and health promoting resources in the context of a poor country
by Nogueira, Helena Guilhermina
- 1396-1403 Cancer-related health behaviours and health service use among Inuit and other residents of Canada's north
by McDonald, James Ted & Trenholm, Ryan
- 1404-1415 Partner abuse or violence, parenting and neighborhood influences on children's behavioral problems
by O'Campo, Patricia & Caughy, Margaret O. & Nettles, Saundra M.
- 1416-1422 Violence victimization among Finnish university students: Prevalence, symptoms and healthcare usage
by Björklund, Katja & Häkkänen-Nyholm, Helinä & Huttunen, Teppo & Kunttu, Kristina
- 1423-1440 Can preschool improve child health outcomes? A systematic review
by D'Onise, Katina & Lynch, John W. & Sawyer, Michael G. & McDermott, Robyn A.
- 1441-1449 Using stories to battle unintentional injuries: Narratives in safety and health communication
by Ricketts, Mitch & Shanteau, James & McSpadden, Breeanna & Fernandez-Medina, Kristen M.
- 1450-1457 Food insecurity and mental health: Surprising trends among community health volunteers in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia during the 2008 food crisis
by Maes, Kenneth C. & Hadley, Craig & Tesfaye, Fikru & Shifferaw, Selamawit
- 1458-1465 Credit where credit is due? Regulation, research integrity and the attribution of authorship in the health sciences
by Street, Jackie M. & Rogers, Wendy A. & Israel, Mark & Braunack-Mayer, Annette J.
2010, Volume 70, Issue 8
- 1111-1118 Mental health disparities research: The impact of within and between group analyses on tests of social stress hypotheses
by Schwartz, Sharon & Meyer, Ilan H.
- 1119-1120 Health disparities and the stress hypothesis: A commentary on Schwartz and Meyer
by Turner, R. Jay
- 1121-1122 Reflections on the stress model: A response to Turner
by Schwartz, Sharon & Meyer, Ilan H.
- 1123-1130 Beer is the cattle of women: Sorghum beer commercialization and dietary intake of agropastoral families in Karamoja, Uganda
by Dancause, Kelsey Needham & Akol, Helen A. & Gray, Sandra J.
- 1131-1140 The numbers, educational status and health of enrolled and non-enrolled school-age children in the Allai Valley, Northwest Frontier Province, Pakistan
by Hall, Andrew & Kirby, Helen
- 1141-1147 Understanding factors influencing substance use in people with recent onset psychosis: A qualitative study
by Lobbana, Fiona & Barrowclough, Christine & Jeffery, Sophie & Bucci, Sandra & Taylor, Katherine & Mallinson, Sara & Fitzsimmons, Mike & Marshall, Max
- 1148-1154 Some unintended effects of teamwork in healthcare
by Finn, Rachael & Learmonth, Mark & Reedy, Patrick
- 1155-1158 Differential patient-caregiver opinions of treatment and care for advanced lung cancer patients
by Zhang, Amy Y. & Zyzanski, Stephen J. & Siminoff, Laura A.
- 1159-1165 Success in health information exchange projects: Solving the implementation puzzle
by Sicotte, Claude & Paré, Guy
- 1166-1170 End of life care policies: Do they make a difference in practice?
by Goodridge, Donna
- 1171-1175 Co-operation between patient organisations and the drug industry in Finland
by Hemminki, Elina & Toiviainen, Hanna K. & Vuorenkoski, Lauri
- 1176-1184 Is the "practice style" hypothesis relevant for general practitioners? An analysis of antibiotics prescription for acute rhinopharyngitis
by Mousquès, Julien & Renaud, Thomas & Scemama, Olivier
- 1185-1193 Decomposing cross-country differences in levels of obesity and overweight: Does the social environment matter?
by Font, Joan Costa & Fabbri, Daniele & Gil, Joan
- 1194-1202 Individual, family, and area predictors of BMI and BMI change in an adult Norwegian population: Findings from the HUNT study
by Sund, Erik Reidar & Jones, Andy & Midthjell, Kristian
- 1203-1210 Green space as a buffer between stressful life events and health
by van den Berg, Agnes E. & Maas, Jolanda & Verheij, Robert A. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 1211-1218 The association between heart disease mortality and geographic access to hospitals: County level comparisons in Ohio, USA
by Yamashita, Takashi & Kunkel, Suzanne R.
- 1219-1228 "My health has improved because I always have everything I need here...": A qualitative exploration of health improvement and decline among immigrants
by Dean, Jennifer Asanin & Wilson, Kathi
- 1229-1236 Lifecourse socioeconomic trajectories and C-reactive protein levels in young adults: Findings from a Brazilian birth cohort
by Nazmi, Aydin & Oliveira, Isabel O. & Horta, Bernardo L. & Gigante, Denise P. & Victora, Cesar G.
- 1237-1245 Conflict between the work and family domains and exhaustion among vocationally active men and women
by Canivet, Catarina & Östergren, Per-Olof & Lindeberg, Sara I. & Choi, BongKyoo & Karasek, Robert & Moghaddassi, Mahnaz & Isacsson, Sven-Olof
- 1246-1253 The relative importance of family socioeconomic status and school-based peer hierarchies for morning cortisol in youth: An exporatory study
by West, Patrick & Sweeting, Helen & Young, Robert & Kelly, Shona
- 1254-1261 Socioeconomic inequalities in suicidal ideation, parasuicides, and completed suicides in South Korea
by Kim, Myoung-Hee & Jung-Choi, Kyunghee & Jun, Hee-Jin & Kawachi, Ichiro
2010, Volume 70, Issue 7
- 961-968 Methuselah's medicine: Pharmaceutical innovation and mortality in the United States, 1960-2000
by Schnittker, Jason & Karandinos, George
- 969-971 Pharmaceutical innovation and mortality in the United States, 1960-2000. A commentary on Schnittker and Karandinos
by Lichtenberg, Frank
- 972-973 Pharmaceutical innovation: Can we live forever? A commentary on Schnittker and Karandinos
by Lexchin, Joel
- 974-975 Between two extremes: A response to Lichtenberg and Lexchin
by Schnittker, Jason
- 976-984 Parents, teachers and peer relations as predictors of risk behaviors and mental well-being among immigrant and Israeli born adolescents
by Walsh, Sophie D. & Harel-Fisch, Yossi & Fogel-Grinvald, Haya
- 985-993 Being treated differently: Stigma experiences with family, peers, and school staff among adolescents with mental health disorders
by Moses, Tally
- 994-1001 "Are we moving again this week?" Children's experiences of homelessness in Victoria, Australia
by Kirkman, Maggie & Keys, Deborah & Bodzak, Daria & Turner, Alina
- 1002-1010 The psychological effect of orphanhood in a matured HIV epidemic: An analysis of young people in Mukono, Uganda
by Kaggwa, Esther B. & Hindin, Michelle J.
- 1011-1018 Formal and informal help-seeking associated with women's and men's experiences of intimate partner violence in Canada
by Ansara, Donna L. & Hindin, Michelle J.
- 1019-1025 Who proficts from visual aids: Overcoming challenges in people's understanding of risks
by Garcia-Retamero, Rocio & Galesic, Mirta
- 1026-1034 What policies and policy processes are needed to ensure that people with psychiatric disabilities have access to appropriate housing?
by Battams, Samantha & Baum, Fran
- 1035-1041 Which carers of family members at the end of life need more support from health services and why?
by McNamara, Beverley & Rosenwax, Lorna
- 1042-1049 More of the same? Conflicting perspectives of obesity causation and intervention amongst overweight people, health professionals and policy makers
by Greener, Joe & Douglas, Flora & van Teijlingen, Edwin
- 1050-1058 Functional declines, social support, and mental health in the elderly: Does living in a state supportive of home and community-based services make a difference?
by Muramatsu, Naoko & Yin, Hongjun & Hedeker, Donald
- 1059-1069 Community attachment, neighborhood context, and sex worker use among Hispanic migrants in Durham, North Carolina, USA
by Parrado, Emilio A. & Flippen, Chenoa
- 1070-1076 Perceived and objective neighborhood environment attributes and health related quality of life among the elderly in Bogotá, Colombia
by Parra, Diana C. & Gomez, Luis F. & Sarmiento, Olga L. & Buchner, David & Brownson, Ross & Schimd, Thomas & Gomez, Viviola & Lobelo, Felipe
- 1077-1083 "If he gives in, he will be gone...": The influence of work and place on experiences, reactions and self-care of heart failure in rural Canada
by Freydberg, Nicole & Strain, Laurel & Tsuyuki, Ross T. & McAlister, Finlay A. & Clark, Alexander M.
- 1084-1090 Framing disease: The example of female hypoactive sexual desire disorder
by Jutel, Annemarie
- 1091-1099 Racial discrimination and health: A systematic review of scales with a focus on their psychometric properties
by Bastos, Joao Luiz & Celeste, Roger Keller & Faerstein, Eduardo & Barros, Aluisio J.D.
- 1100-1108 What is a cohort effect? Comparison of three statistical methods for modeling cohort effects in obesity prevalence in the United States, 1971-2006
by Keyes, Katherine M. & Utz, Rebecca L. & Robinson, Whitney & Li, Guohua
2010, Volume 70, Issue 6
- 795-799 Smoking, stigma and tobacco 'denormalization': Further reflections on the use of stigma as a public health tool. A commentary on Social Science & Medicine's Stigma, Prejudice, Discrimination and Health Special Issue (67: 3)
by Bell, Kirsten & Salmon, Amy & Bowers, Michele & Bell, Jennifer & McCullough, Lucy
- 800-801 Stigma and the ethics of public health redux: A response to Bell et al
by Bayer, Ronald
- 802-812 Can patient self-management explain the health gradient? Goldman and Smith's "Can patient self-management help explain the SES health gradient?" (2002) revisited
by Maitra, Sudeshna
- 813-815 Can patient self-management explain the health gradient? revisited: A response to Maitra
by Smith, James Patrick & Goldman, Dana
- 816-822 The relationship of physical activity and overweight to objectively measured green space accessibility and use
by Coombes, Emma & Jones, Andrew P. & Hillsdon, Melvyn
- 823-833 Socio-spatial patterns of neighborhood effects on adult obesity in Taiwan: A multi-level model
by Chen, Duan-Rung & Wen, Tzai-Hung
- 834-843 Intergenerational 'mismatch' and adiposity in a developing population: The Guangzhou biobank cohort study
by Kavikondala, Sushma & Jiang, Chao Qiang & Zhang, Wei Sen & Cheng, Kar Keung & Lam, Tai Hing & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C. Mary
- 844-849 Self-reported hypertension prevalence and income among older adults in Canada and the United States
by Kaplan, Mark S. & Huguet, Nathalie & Feeny, David H. & McFarland, Bentson H.
- 850-858 School differences in adolescent health and wellbeing: Findings from the Canadian Health Behaviour in School-aged Children Study
by Saab, Hana & Klinger, Don
- 859-866 Socio-spatial stigmatization and the contested space of addiction treatment: Remapping strategies of opposition to the disorder of drugs
by Smith, Christopher B.R.
- 867-874 Job insecurity and health: A study of 16 European countries
by László, Krisztina D. & Pikhart, Hynek & Kopp, Mária S. & Bobak, Martin & Pajak, Andrzej & Malyutina, Sofia & Salavecz, Gyöngyvér & Marmot, Michael
- 875-885 Income inequality and health: Importance of a cross-country perspective
by Karlsson, Martin & Nilsson, Therese & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Leeson, George
- 886-895 Gender and health outcomes: The impact of healthcare systems and their financing on life expectancies of women and men
by Asiskovitch, Sharon
- 896-903 An innovative participatory method for newly democratic societies: The "civic groups forum" on national health insurance reform in Taiwan
by Deng, Chung-Yeh & Wu, Chia-Ling
- 904-911 The contribution of primary care to health and health systems in low- and middle-income countries: A critical review of major primary care initiatives
by Kruk, Margaret Elizabeth & Porignon, Denis & Rockers, Peter C. & Van Lerberghe, Wim
- 912-920 Health inequalities between lone and couple mothers and policy under different welfare regimes - The example of Italy, Sweden and Britain
by Burstrom, Bo & Whitehead, Margaret & Clayton, Stephen & Fritzell, Sara & Vannoni, Francesca & Costa, Giuseppe
- 921-925 Disability pension as predictor of later use of benzodiazepines among benzodiazepine users
by Hartz, Ingeborg & Tverdal, Aage & Skille, Eivind & Skurtveit, Svetlana
- 926-933 Public accountability of newborn screening: Collective knowing and deciding
by Wieser, Bernhard
- 934-941 'A pill for every ill': Explaining the expansion in medicine use
by Busfield, Joan
- 942-950 Newsprint media representations of the introduction of the HPV vaccination programme for cervical cancer prevention in the UK (2005-2008)
by Hilton, Shona & Hunt, Kate & Langan, Mairi & Bedford, Helen & Petticrew, Mark
- 951-958 Moral work in women's narratives of breastfeeding
by Ryan, Kath & Bissell, Paul & Alexander, Jo
2010, Volume 70, Issue 5
- 643-647 Prohibiting or 'managing' conflict of interest? A review of policies and procedures in three European drug regulation agencies
by Lexchin, Joel & O'Donovan, Orla
- 648-651 On the prohibition of conflicts of interest in pharmaceutical regulation: Precautionary limits and permissive challenges. A commentary on Sismondo (66:9, 2008, 1909-14) and O'Donovan and Lexchin
by Abraham, John
- 652-654 A commentary on Marja Jylhä's "What is self-rated health and why does it predict mortality? Towards a unified conceptual model"(69:3, 2009, 307-316)
by Huisman, Martijn & Deeg, Dorly J.H.
- 655-657 Self-rated health between psychology and biology. A response to Huisman and Deeg
by Jylhä, Marja
- 658-667 Kids in the atrium: Comparing architectural intentions and children's experiences in a pediatric hospital lobby
by Adams, Annmarie & Theodore, David & Goldenberg, Ellie & McLaren, Coralee & McKeever, Patricia
- 668-676 Conceptualizing the healthscape: Contributions of time geography, location technologies and spatial ecology to place and health research
by Rainham, Daniel & McDowell, Ian & Krewski, Daniel & Sawada, Mike
- 677-683 Acculturative and neighborhood influences on subjective social status among Spanish-speaking Latino immigrant smokers
by Reitzel, Lorraine R. & Mazas, Carlos A. & Cofta-Woerpel, Ludmila & Vidrine, Jennifer I. & Businelle, Michael S. & Kendzor, Darla E. & Li, Yisheng & Cao, Yumei & Wetter, David W.
- 684-691 Race disparities in low birth weight in the U.S. south and the rest of the nation
by Nepomnyaschy, Lenna
- 692-699 Perceived social position and health: Is there a reciprocal relationship?
by Garbarski, Dana
- 700-710 The impact of changes in different aspects of social capital and material conditions on self-rated health over time: A longitudinal cohort study
by Giordano, Giuseppe N. & Lindstrom, Martin
- 711-719 The sports and exercise life-course: A survival analysis of recall data from Ireland
by Lunn, Peter D.
- 720-728 Relative deprivation and mortality in South Africa
by Salti, Nisreen
- 729-735 'Secrets' that kill: Crisis, custodianship and responsibility in ritual male circumcision in the Eastern Cape Province, South Africa
by Kepe, Thembela
- 736-743 'Experts', 'partners' and 'fools': Exploring agency in HIV treatment seeking among African migrants in London
by Thomas, Felicity & Aggleton, Peter & Anderson, Jane
- 744-753 Negotiating the boundary between medicine and consumer culture: Online marketing of nutrigenetic tests
by Saukko, Paula M. & Reed, Matthew & Britten, Nicky & Hogarth, Stuart
- 754-762 Patients' narrative accounts of open-heart surgery and recovery: Authorial voice of technology
by Lapum, Jennifer & Angus, Jan E. & Peter, Elizabeth & Watt-Watson, Judy
- 763-768 Interpersonal perception in the context of doctor-patient relationships: A dyadic analysis of doctor-patient communication
by Kenny, David A. & Veldhuijzen, Wemke & Weijden, Trudy van der & LeBlanc, Annie & Lockyer, Jocelyn & Légaré, France & Campbell, Craig
- 769-778 Why do interventions work in some places and not others: A breastfeeding support group trial
by Hoddinott, Pat & Britten, Jane & Pill, Roisin
- 779-786 Network resilience in the face of health system reform
by Sheaff, Rod & Benson, Lawrence & Farbus, Lou & Schofield, Jill & Mannion, Russell & Reeves, David
- 787-793 Perceived justice and popular support for public health laws: A case study around comprehensive smoke-free legislation in Mexico City
by Thrasher, James F. & Besley, John C. & González, Wendy
2010, Volume 70, Issue 4
- 493-495 Relative deprivation theory does not imply a contextual effect of country-level inequality on poor health. A commentary on Jen, Jones, and Johnston (68:4, 2009)
by Bernburg, Jon Gunnar
- 496-497 Re-evaluating self-evaluation. A commentary on Jen, Jones, and Johnston (68:4, 2009)
by Barford, Anna & Dorling, Danny & Pickett, Kate
- 498-500 On inequality and health, again: A response to Bernburg, and Barford, Dorling and Pickett
by Johnston, Ron & Jen, Min-Hua & Jones, Kelvyn
- 501-508 Long-stay inpatients in short-term emergency units in France: A case study
by Gansel, Yannis & Danet, François & Rauscher, Catherine
- 509-510 Long-stay inpatients in short-term emergency units in France. A commentary on Gansel, Danet, and Rauscher
by Zussman, Robert
- 511-517 The dynamic interaction of quality and efficiency in the emergency department: Squaring the circle?
by Nugus, Peter & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 518-525 The consequence of encouraging girls to be active for weight loss
by Davison, Kirsten Krahnstoever & Deane, Glenn D.
- 526-533 How does violence exposure affect the psychological health and parenting of young African-American mothers?
by Mitchell, Stephanie J. & Lewin, Amy & Horn, Ivor B. & Valentine, Dawn & Sanders-Phillips, Kathy & Joseph, Jill G.
- 534-542 Predictors of risk of alcohol-exposed pregnancies among women in an urban and a rural area of South Africa
by Morojele, Neo K. & London, Leslie & Olorunju, Steve A. & Matjila, Maila J. & Davids, Adlai S. & Rendall-Mkosi, Kirstie M.