Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
2010, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 479-484 Which patients improve: Characteristics increasing sensitivity to a supportive patient-practitioner relationship
by Conboy, Lisa Ann & Macklin, Eric & Kelley, John & Kokkotou, Efi & Lembo, Anthony & Kaptchuk, Ted
- 485-492 Internet-based trials and the creation of health consumers
by Advocat, Jenny & Lindsay, Jo
2010, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 169-174 From a different angle: A novel approach to health valuation
by Craig, Benjamin M. & Oppe, Mark
- 175-182 On health insurance and household decisions: A treatment effect analysis
by Koch, Steven & Alaba, Olufunke
- 183-190 Effects of simplifying choice tasks on estimates of taste heterogeneity in stated-choice surveys
by Johnson, F. Reed & Ozdemir, Semra & Phillips, Kathryn A.
- 191-198 Managed care and measuring medical outcomes: Did the rise of HMOs contribute to the fall in the autopsy rate?
by Harrington, David E. & Sayre, Edward A.
- 199-208 Prioritization and patients' rights: Analysing the effect of a reform in the Norwegian hospital sector
by Askildsen, Jan Erik & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kaarboe, Oddvar
- 209-216 Do guidelines create uniformity in medical practice?
by de Jong, Judith D. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Spreeuwenberg, Peter & Schellevis, François & Westert, Gert P.
- 217-220 "Broad" consent, exceptions to consent and the question of using biological samples for research purposes different from the initial collection purpose
by Petrini, Carlo
- 221-231 More equal but heavier: A longitudinal analysis of income-related obesity inequalities in an adult Swedish cohort
by Ljungvall, Åsa & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 232-239 Inequality in mortality in Vietnam during a period of rapid transition
by Granlund, David & Chuc, Nguyen T. & Phuc, Ho D. & Lindholm, Lars
- 240-250 Life course determinants of racial and ethnic disparities in functional health trajectories
by Haas, Steven & Rohlfsen, Leah
- 251-260 Socioeconomic inequalities in health dynamics: A comparison of Britain and the United States
by McDonough, Peggy & Worts, Diana & Sacker, Amanda
- 261-268 A developmental-contextual approach to understanding mental health and well-being in early adulthood
by Hatch, Stephani L. & Harvey, Samuel B. & Maughan, Barbara
- 269-276 Self injurious behavior among homeless young adults: A social stress analysis
by Tyler, Kimberly & Melander, Lisa & Almazan, Elbert
- 277-292 Examining methodological details of neighbourhood observations and the relationship to health: A literature review
by Schaefer-McDaniel, Nicole & O'Brien Caughy, Margaret & O'Campo, Patricia & Gearey, Wayne
- 293-304 Spatial analysis of heat-related mortality among the elderly between 1993 and 2004 in Sydney, Australia
by Vaneckova, Pavla & Beggs, Paul J. & Jacobson, Carol R.
- 305-312 'It cuts both ways': A relational approach to access and accommodation for autism
by Davidson, Joyce
- 313-320 Routine checks for HIV in children attending primary health care facilities in South Africa: Attitudes of nurses and child caregivers
by Horwood, Christiane & Voce, Anna & Vermaak, Kerry & Rollins, Nigel & Qazi, Shamim
- 321-328 Changes in the health burden of a national sample of children with asthma
by Baydar, Nazli & Kieckhefer, Gail & Joesch, Jutta M. & Greek, April & Kim, Hyoshin
- 329-336 Right and access to healthcare for undocumented children: Addressing the gap between international conventions and disparate implementations in North America and Europe
by Ruiz-Casares, Mónica & Rousseau, Cécile & Derluyn, Ilse & Watters, Charles & Crépeau, François
2010, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 1-6 Conflict, violence, and health: Setting a new interdisciplinary agenda
by Panter-Brick, Catherine
- 7-16 War exposure, daily stressors, and mental health in conflict and post-conflict settings: Bridging the divide between trauma-focused and psychosocial frameworks
by Miller, Kenneth E. & Rasmussen, Andrew
- 17-26 Past horrors, present struggles: The role of stigma in the association between war experiences and psychosocial adjustment among former child soldiers in Sierra Leone
by Betancourt, Theresa S. & Agnew-Blais, Jessica & Gilman, Stephen E. & Williams, David R. & Ellis, B. Heidi
- 27-34 Social support, sense of community, collectivistic values, and depressive symptoms in adolescent survivors of the 2004 Beslan terrorist attack
by Moscardino, Ughetta & Scrimin, Sara & Capello, Fabia & Altoè, Gianmarco
- 35-44 Political violence and mental health: A multi-disciplinary review of the literature on Nepal
by Tol, Wietse A. & Kohrt, Brandon A. & Jordans, Mark J.D. & Thapa, Suraj B. & Pettigrew, Judith & Upadhaya, Nawaraj & de Jong, Joop T.V.M.
- 45-52 Documenting the health consequences of endemic warfare in three pastoralist communities of northern Kenya: A conceptual framework
by Pike, Ivy L. & Straight, Bilinda & Oesterle, Matthias & Hilton, Charles & Lanyasunya, Adamson
- 53-60 Forced migration and child health and mortality in Angola
by Avogo, Winfred Aweyire & Agadjanian, Victor
- 61-70 Targeted doctors, missing patients: Obstetric health services and sectarian conflict in Northern Pakistan
by Varley, Emma
- 71-79 A public health framework to translate risk factors related to political violence and war into multi-level preventive interventions
by De Jong, Joop T.V.M.
- 80-88 Promoting health equity in conflict-affected fragile states
by Bornemisza, Olga & Ranson, M. Kent & Poletti, Timothy M. & Sondorp, Egbert
- 89-97 Rebuilding health systems to improve health and promote statebuilding in post-conflict countries: A theoretical framework and research agenda
by Kruk, Margaret E. & Freedman, Lynn P. & Anglin, Grace A. & Waldman, Ronald J.
- 98-105 Human rights, transitional justice, public health and social reconstruction
by Pham, Phuong Ngoc & Vinck, Patrick & Weinstein, Harvey M.
- 106-113 Ruptures, rights, and repair: The political economy of trauma in Haiti
by James, Erica Caple
- 114-120 Reframing governance, security and conflict in the light of HIV/AIDS: A synthesis of findings from the AIDS, security and conflict initiative
by de Waal, Alex
- 121-129 Incarcerated sex workers and HIV prevention in China: Social suffering and social justice countermeasures
by Tucker, Joseph & Ren, Xin & Sapio, Flora
- 130-135 The effects of intimate partner violence on health in young adulthood in the United States
by Fletcher, Jason
- 136-143 Do changes in spousal employment status lead to domestic violence? Insights from a prospective study in Bangalore, India
by Krishnan, Suneeta & Rocca, Corinne H. & Hubbard, Alan E. & Subbiah, Kalyani & Edmeades, Jeffrey & Padian, Nancy S.
- 144-151 The role of the extended family in women's risk of intimate partner violence in Jordan
by Clark, Cari Jo & Silverman, Jay G. & Shahrouri, Manal & Everson-Rose, Susan & Groce, Nora
- 152-159 The risk of return: Intimate partner violence in Northern Uganda's armed conflict
by Annan, Jeannie & Brier, Moriah
- 160-168 Responses to intimate partner violence in Kakuma refugee camp: Refugee interactions with agency systems
by Horn, Rebecca
2009, Volume 69, Issue 12
- 1701-1704 New approaches to researching patient safety
by Iedema, Rick
- 1705-1712 The geography of patient safety: A topical analysis of sterility
by Mesman, Jessica
- 1713-1721 Sociological refigurations of patient safety; ontologies of improvement and 'acting with' quality collaboratives in healthcare
by Zuiderent-Jerak, Teun & Strating, Mathilde & Nieboer, Anna & Bal, Roland
- 1722-1731 Constructing and re-constructing narratives of patient safety
by Waring, Justin J.
- 1732-1740 Intergroup communication between hospital doctors: Implications for quality of patient care
by Hewett, David G. & Watson, Bernadette M. & Gallois, Cindy & Ward, Michael & Leggett, Barbara A.
- 1741-1749 A problem shared...? Teamwork, autonomy and error in assisted conception
by Kerr, Anne
- 1750-1756 Affect is central to patient safety: The horror stories of young anaesthetists
by Iedema, Rick & Jorm, Christine & Lum, Martin
- 1757-1766 Uptake of a team briefing in the operating theatre: A Burkean dramatistic analysis
by Whyte, Sarah & Cartmill, Carrie & Gardezi, Fauzia & Reznick, Richard & Orser, Beverley A. & Doran, Diane & Lingard, Lorelei
- 1767-1776 Studying large-scale programmes to improve patient safety in whole care systems: Challenges for research
by Benn, Jonathan & Burnett, Susan & Parand, Anam & Pinto, Anna & Iskander, Sandra & Vincent, Charles
- 1777-1779 Social scientists and patient safety: Critics or contributors?
by Vincent, Charles
- 1780-1783 The contribution of new social science research to patient safety
by Ovretveit, John
- 1784-1790 Clinical trials as treatment option: Bioethics and health care disparities in substance dependency
by Timmermans, Stefan & McKay, Tara
- 1791-1792 Therapeutic misconception and the limits of ethnography. A commentary on Timmermans and McKay
by Lidz, Charles W.
- 1793-1796 The bioethical misconception: A response to Lidz
by McKay, Tara & Timmermans, Stefan
- 1797-1804 Healthy partnerships, healthy citizens? An international review of partnerships in health and social care and patient/user outcomes
by Rummery, Kirstein
- 1805-1812 Exploring patient involvement in healthcare decision making across different education and functional health literacy groups
by Smith, Sian K. & Dixon, Ann & Trevena, Lyndal & Nutbeam, Don & McCaffery, Kirsten J.
- 1813-1818 How are organisational climate models and patient satisfaction related? A competing value framework approach
by Ancarani, Alessandro & Di Mauro, Carmela & Giammanco, Maria Daniela
- 1819-1826 Experts and 'knowledge that counts': A study into the world of brain cancer diagnosis
by Gross, Sky
- 1827-1833 Reworking therapeutic landscapes: The spatiality of an 'alternative' self-help group
by Laws, Jennifer
- 1834-1844 What happens to people before and after disability? Focusing effects, lead effects, and adaptation in different areas of life
by Powdthavee, Nattavudh
- 1845-1853 Socio-geographic mobility and health status: A longitudinal analysis using the National Population Health Survey of Canada
by Curtis, Sarah & Setia, Maninder S. & Quesnel-Vallee, Amelie
2009, Volume 69, Issue 11
- 1561-1573 A meta-synthesis of pregnant women's decision-making processes with regard to antenatal screening for Down syndrome
by Reid, Bernie & Sinclair, Marlene & Barr, Owen & Dobbs, Frank & Crealey, Grainne
- 1574-1576 Reflecting on a meta-synthesis of qualitative papers concerned with pregnant women's decision-making about prenatal screening for Down syndrome: AÂ commentary on Reid, Sinclair, Barr, Dobbs and Crealey
by Heyman, Bob
- 1577-1579 Reflections on the methodological challenges of undertaking a meta-synthesis: AÂ response to Heyman
by Reid, Bernie & Sinclair, Marlene & Barr, Owen & Dobbs, Frank & Crealey, Grainne
- 1580-1581 Racial and socioeconomic disparities in arterial stiffness and intima media thickness among adolescents. A commentary on Thurston and Matthews (68(5), 2009, 807-813)
by Collins II, Ronnie Thomas & Alpert, Bruce S.
- 1582-1583 The importance of considering both racial and socioeconomic disparities: A response to Collins and Alpert
by Thurston, Rebecca C. & Matthews, Karen A.
- 1584-1591 Misspecification of the effect of race in fixed effects models of health inequalities
by Scribner, Richard Allen & Theall, Katherine P. & Simonsen, Neal R. & Mason, Karen E. & Yu, Qingzhao
- 1592-1607 The estimation of mortality for ethnic groups at local scale within the United Kingdom
by Rees, Philip Howell & Wohland, Pia N. & Norman, Paul D.
- 1608-1615 Marital status, gender, and depression: Analysis of the baseline survey of the Korean Longitudinal Study of Ageing (KLoSA)
by Jang, Soong-Nang & Kawachi, Ichiro & Chang, Jiyeun & Boo, Kachung & Shin, Hyun-Gu & Lee, Hyejung & Cho, Sung-il
- 1616-1624 Job authority and health: Unraveling the competing suppression and explanatory influences
by Schieman, Scott & Reid, Sarah
- 1625-1633 Immigrant obesity and unhealthy assimilation: Alternative estimates of convergence or divergence, 1995-2005
by Park, Julie & Myers, Dowell & Kao, Dennis & Min, SeongHee
- 1634-1642 Can regional resource shares be based only on prevalence data? An empirical investigation of the proportionality assumption
by Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Morris, Stephen & Carr-Hill, Roy & Dixon, Paul & Law, Malcom & Rice, Nigel & Sutton, Matthew
- 1643-1650 Are private physicians more likely to veto generic substitution of prescribed pharmaceuticals?
by Granlund, David
- 1651-1658 Are rural health professionals also social entrepreneurs?
by Farmer, Jane & Kilpatrick, Sue
- 1659-1666 Hastening death in end-of-life care: A survey of doctors
by Seale, Clive
- 1667-1673 Assets for policy making in health promotion: Overcoming political barriers inhibiting women in difficult life situations to access sport facilities
by Rütten, Alfred & Abu-Omar, Karim & Frahsa, Annika & Morgan, Antony
- 1674-1680 Tuberculosis and syndemics: Implications for Pacific health in New Zealand
by Littleton, Judith & Park, Julie
- 1681-1690 Pediatric therapeutics and medicine administration in resource-poor settings: A review of barriers and an agenda for interdisciplinary approaches to improving outcomes
by Craig, Sienna R. & Adams, Lisa V. & Spielberg, Stephen P. & Campbell, Benjamin
- 1691-1699 Is my mum going to hear this? Methodological and ethical challenges in qualitative health research with young people
by Duncan, Rony E. & Drew, Sarah E. & Hodgson, Jan & Sawyer, Susan M.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 10
- 1417-1425 Socioeconomic inequalities in physical and mental functioning of British, Finnish, and Japanese civil servants: Role of job demand, control, and work hours
by Sekine, Michikazu & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka & Marmot, Michael & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 1426-1428 A critical reflection on the role of social democracy in reducing socioeconomic inequalities in health: A commentary on Sekine, Chandola, Martikainen, Marmot and Kagamimori
by Bosma, Hans
- 1429-1431 What we learn from British, Finnish, and Japanese civil servants study and the role of social democracy in reducing socioeconomic inequalities in health: A response to Bosma
by Sekine, Michikazu & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka & Marmot, Michael & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 1432-1438 Age, cohort and period effects in the prevalence of sleep disturbances among older people: The impact of economic downturn
by Dregan, Alex & Armstrong, David
- 1439-1448 Do birth cohorts matter? Age-period-cohort analyses of the obesity epidemic in the United States
by Reither, Eric N. & Hauser, Robert M. & Yang, Yang
- 1449-1451 Recent advances in age-period-cohort analysis. A commentary on Dregan and Armstrong, and on Reither, Hauser and Yang
by Harding, David J.
- 1452-1459 The role of health insurance in explaining immigrant versus non-immigrant disparities in access to health care: Comparing the United States to Canada
by Siddiqi, Arjumand & Zuberi, Daniyal & Nguyen, Quynh C.
- 1460-1467 Can subjective and objective socioeconomic status explain minority health disparities in Israel?
by Baron-Epel, Orna & Kaplan, Giora
- 1468-1475 The individual and contextual pathways between oral health and income inequality in Brazilian adolescents and adults
by Celeste, Roger Keller & Nadanovsky, Paulo & Ponce de Leon, Antonio & Fritzell, Johan
- 1476-1483 Ethnic density effects on maternal and infant health in the Millennium Cohort Study
by Pickett, Kate E. & Shaw, Richard J. & Atkin, Karl & Kiernan, Kathleen E. & Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 1484-1492 Mortality effects of average education in current and earlier municipality ofÂ residence among internal migrants, net of their own education
by Kravdal, Øystein
- 1493-1500 Running to the Store? The relationship between neighborhood environments and the risk of obesity
by Zick, Cathleen D. & Smith, Ken R. & Fan, Jessie X. & Brown, Barbara B. & Yamada, Ikuho & Kowaleski-Jones, Lori
- 1501-1505 Parental education and children's online health information seeking: Beyond the digital divide debate
by Zhao, Shanyang
- 1506-1514 Dynamics of adolescent friendship networks and smoking behavior: Social network analyses in six European countries
by Mercken, Liesbeth & Snijders, Tom A.B. & Steglich, Christian & de Vries, Hein
- 1515-1522 Gender and the associated impairments of childhood sexual abuse: A national study of Icelandic youth
by Gault-Sherman, Martha & Silver, Eric & Sigfúsdóttir, Inga Dóra
- 1523-1530 Performance management in healthcare: Performance indicator development, task uncertainty, and types of performance indicators
by van der Geer, Eric & van Tuijl, Harrie F.J.M. & Rutte, Christel G.
- 1531-1538 Policy-related determinants of child nutritional status in China: The effect of only-child status and access to healthcare
by Bredenkamp, Caryn
- 1539-1546 Evidence-based policy-making: The implications of globally-applicable research for context-specific problem-solving in developing countries
by Behague, Dominique & Tawiah, Charlotte & Rosato, Mikey & Some, Télésphore & Morrison, Joanna
- 1547-1555 Degrees of disclosure: A study of women's covert use of the diaphragm in an HIV prevention trial in sub-Saharan Africa
by Sahin-Hodoglugil, Nuriye Nalan & van der Straten, Ariane & Cheng, Helen & Montgomery, Elizabeth T. & Kacanek, Deborah & Mtetwa, Sibongile & Morar, Neetha & Munyoro, Jane & Padian, Nancy
- 1556-1560 'Wellbeing': A collateral casualty of modernity?
by Carlisle, Sandra & Henderson, Gregor & Hanlon, Phil W.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 9
- 1287-1290 On the prospects for a blame-free medical culture
by Collins, Molly E. & Block, Susan D. & Arnold, Robert M. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1291-1293 An end to the witch hunts: Responding to the defenders of blame and shame. AÂ commentary on Collins, Block, Arnold and Christakis
by Woodward, Helen I. & Lemer, Claire & Wu, Albert W.
- 1294-1295 Responsibility and reflection: Understanding our responses to perceived errors. A response to Woodward, Lemer and Wu
by Collins, Molly E. & Block, Susan D. & Arnold, Robert M. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1296-1305 Disentangling the relative influence of built and socioeconomic environments on walking: The contribution of areas homogenous along exposures of interest
by Riva, Mylene & Gauvin, Lise & Apparicio, Philippe & Brodeur, Jean-Marc
- 1306-1310 Neighbourhoods in eco-epidemiologic research: Delimiting personal exposure areas. A response to Riva, Gauvin, Apparicio and Brodeur
by Chaix, Basile & Merlo, Juan & Evans, David & Leal, Cinira & Havard, Sabrina
- 1311-1313 From place-based to people-based exposure measures
by Kwan, Mei-Po
- 1314-1322 City structure, obesity, and environmental justice: An integrated analysis of physical and social barriers to walkable streets and park access
by Cutts, Bethany B. & Darby, Kate J. & Boone, Christopher G. & Brewis, Alexandra
- 1323-1332 Social capital, gender and self-rated health. Evidence from the Moscow Health Survey 2004
by Ferlander, Sara & Mäkinen, Ilkka Henrik
- 1333-1342 Rising U.S. income inequality, gender and individual self-rated health, 1972-2004
by Zheng, Hui
- 1343-1350 The relative contribution of income inequality and imprisonment to the variation in homicide rates among Developed (OECD), South and Central American countries
by Nadanovsky, Paulo & Cunha-Cruz, Joana
- 1351-1359 Willingness to pay for health insurance: An analysis of the potential market for new low-cost health insurance products in Namibia
by Gustafsson-Wright, Emily & Asfaw, Abay & van der Gaag, Jacques
- 1360-1367 Inequality in individual mortality and economic conditions earlier in life
by van den Berg, Gerard J. & Lindeboom, Maarten & Lopez, Marta
- 1368-1376 Why doctors choose small towns: A developmental model of rural physician recruitment and retention
by Hancock, Christine & Steinbach, Alan & Nesbitt, Thomas S. & Adler, Shelley R. & Auerswald, Colette L.
- 1377-1386 A model of mother-child adjustment in Arab Muslim immigrants to the US
by Aroian, Karen & Hough, Edythe S. & Templin, Thomas N. & Kulwicki, Anahid & Ramaswamy, Vidya & Katz, Anne
- 1387-1394 Anger, PTSD, and the nuclear family: A study of Cambodian refugees
by Hinton, Devon E. & Rasmussen, Andrew & Nou, Leakhena & Pollack, Mark H. & Good, Mary-Jo
- 1395-1401 A "usual occurrence:" Stress incontinence among reproductive aged women in Sri Lanka
by Hemachandra, Nilmini N. & Rajapaksa, Lalini C. & Manderson, Lenore
- 1402-1408 Governing childhood obesity: Framing regulation of fast food advertising in the Australian print media
by Henderson, Julie & Coveney, John & Ward, Paul & Taylor, Anne
- 1409-1415 Involuntary autonomy: Patients' perceptions of physicians, conventional medicines and risks in the management of atopic dermatitis
by Noerreslet, Mikkel & Jemec, Gregor B.E. & Traulsen, Janine M.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 8
- 1137-1143 Negotiating 'depression' in primary care: A qualitative study
by McPherson, Susan & Armstrong, David
- 1144-1146 When diagnosis fails: A commentary on McPherson & Armstrong
by Dowrick, Christopher
- 1147-1154 Demographic data in asthma clinical trials: A systematic review with implications for generalizing trial findings and tackling health disparities
by Frampton, Geoff K. & Shepherd, Jonathan & Dorne, Jean-Lou C.M.
- 1155-1156 Considering race/ethnicity and socio-economic status in randomized controlled trials. A commentary on Frampton et al.'s systematic review generalizing trial findings and tackling health disparities in asthma research
by Kreatsoulas, Catherine & Anand, Sonia
- 1157-1166 Empowering sex workers in India to reduce vulnerability to HIV and sexually transmitted diseases
by Swendeman, Dallas & Basu, Ishika & Das, Sankari & Jana, Smarajit & Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane
- 1167-1176 Alcohol and transactional sex: How risky is the mix?
by Norris, Alison H. & Kitali, Amani J. & Worby, Eric
- 1177-1185 Public-sector ART in the Free State Province, South Africa: Community support as an important determinant of outcome
by Wouters, Edwin & Van Damme, Wim & Van Loon, Francis & van Rensburg, Dingie & Meulemans, Herman
- 1186-1193 Cumulative risk and AIDS-orphanhood: Interactions of stigma, bullying and poverty on child mental health in South Africa
by Cluver, Lucie & Orkin, Mark
- 1194-1203 Mental health, substance use and suicidal behaviour among young indigenous people in the Arctic: A systematic review
by Lehti, Venla & Niemelä, Solja & Hoven, Christina & Mandell, Donald & Sourander, Andre
- 1204-1210 Coming 'down here': Young people's reflections on becoming entrenched in a local drug scene
by Fast, Danya & Small, Will & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 1211-1219 Postnatal mental distress in relation to the sociocultural practices of childbirth: An exploratory qualitative study from Ethiopia
by Hanlon, Charlotte & Whitley, Rob & Wondimagegn, Dawit & Alem, Atalay & Prince, Martin
- 1220-1227 The etiquette of endometriosis: Stigmatisation, menstrual concealment and the diagnostic delay
by Seear, Kate
- 1228-1235 "Someone's rooting for you": Continuity, advocacy and street-level bureaucracy in UK maternal healthcare
by Finlay, Susanna & Sandall, Jane
- 1236-1245 Does government provision of healthcare explain the relationship between income inequality and low birthweight?
by Lhila, Aparna
- 1246-1251 Crediting his critics' concerns: Remaking John Snow's map of Broad Street cholera, 1854
by Koch, Tom & Denike, Kenneth
- 1252-1260 Do ethnic and socio-economic inequalities in mortality vary by region in New Zealand? An application of hierarchical Bayesian modelling
by Richardson, Ken & Blakely, Tony & Young, Jim & Graham, Patrick & Tobias, Martin
- 1261-1271 Contextual effects on health care access among immigrants: Lessons from three ethnic communities in Hawaii
by Choi, Jin Young
- 1272-1280 The relative contributions of hostility and depressive symptoms to the income gradient in hospital-based incidence of ischaemic heart disease: 12-Year follow-up findings from the GLOBE study
by Klabbers, Gonnie & Bosma, Hans & Van Lenthe, Frank J. & Kempen, Gertrudis I. & Van Eijk, Jacques T. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 1281-1286 Father absence due to migration and child illness in rural Mexico
by Schmeer, Kammi
2009, Volume 69, Issue 7
- 983-991 Defining and measuring acculturation: A systematic review of public health studies with Hispanic populations in the United States
by Thomson, Maria D. & Hoffman-Goetz, Laurie
- 992-995 Defining and measuring acculturation: A systematic review of public health studies with hispanic populations in the united states. A commentary on Thomson and Hoffman-Goetz
by Carter-Pokras, Olivia & Bethune, Lisa
- 996-998 The challenge of acculturation measures: What are we missing? A commentary on Thomson & Hoffman-Goetz
by Alegria, Margarita
- 999-1001 Defining and measuring acculturation in public health: A response to Carter-Pokras and Bethune
by Thomson, Maria D. & Hoffman-Goetz, Laurie
- 1002-1004 Gender and health inequities: A comment on the Final Report of the WHO Commission on the Social Determinants of Health
by Bates, Lisa Michelle & Hankivsky, Olena & Springer, Kristen W.
- 1005-1005 A response to Bates, Hankivsky and Springer on the WHO Knowledge Network onÂ Women and Gender Equity Commission on Social Determinants of Health
by Sen, Gita & Östlin, Piroska
- 1006-1009 Health inequalities: Gendered puzzles and conundrums. The 10th Annual Sol Levine Lecture on Society and Health, October 6, 2008
by Sen, Gita
- 1010-1017 "We only did it because he asked us": Gendered accounts of participation in a population genetic data collection
by Haddow, Gillian
- 1018-1024 The politics of 'The Natural Family' in Israel: State policy and kinship ideologies
by Birenbaum-Carmeli, Daphna
- 1025-1031 Adult smokers' perception of the role of religion and religious leadership on smoking and association with quitting: A comparison between Thai Buddhists and Malaysian Muslims
by Yong, Hua-Hie & Hamann, Stephen L. & Borland, Ron & Fong, Geoffrey T. & Omar, Maizurah
- 1032-1039 The role of shame in posttraumatic stress disorder: A proposal for a socio-emotional model for DSM-V
by Budden, Ashwin
- 1040-1048 Use of khat and posttraumatic stress disorder as risk factors for psychotic symptoms: AÂ study of Somali combatants
by Odenwald, Michael & Hinkel, Harald & Schauer, Elisabeth & Schauer, Maggie & Elbert, Thomas & Neuner, Frank & Rockstroh, Brigitte
- 1049-1055 The performative function of expectations in translating treatment to prevention: The case of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP
by Rosengarten, Marsha & Michael, Mike
- 1056-1062 'A bed in the middle of nowhere': Parents' meanings of place of death for adults with cystic fibrosis
by Lowton, Karen
- 1063-1071 Health professionals' enactment of their accountability obligations: Doing the best they can
by Freeman, Andrew R. & McWilliam, Carol L. & MacKinnon, Joyce R. & DeLuca, Sandra & Rappolt, Susan G.
- 1072-1079 Using non-linear decomposition to explain the discriminatory effects of male-female differentials in access to care: A cardiac rehabilitation case study
by Stewart Williams, Jennifer Anne
- 1080-1084 Stigmatization of alcohol and other drug users by primary care providers in Southeast Brazil
by Ronzani, Telmo Mota & Higgins-Biddle, John & Furtado, Erikson F.
- 1085-1090 Copycat effects after media reports on suicide: A population-based ecologic study
by Niederkrotenthaler, Thomas & Till, Benedikt & Kapusta, Nestor D. & Voracek, Martin & Dervic, Kanita & Sonneck, Gernot
- 1091-1098 Communicating population health: Print news media coverage of type 2 diabetes
by Gollust, Sarah E. & Lantz, Paula M.
- 1099-1106 The income-climate trap of health development: A comparative analysis of African and Non-African countries
by Tang, Kam Ki & Petrie, Dennis & Rao, D.S. Prasada
- 1107-1115 Do patient characteristics, disease, or treatment explain social inequality in survival from colorectal cancer?
by Frederiksen, Birgitte Lidegaard & Osler, Merete & Harling, Henrik & Ladelund, Steen & Jørgensen, Torben
- 1116-1126 The extent and distribution of inequalities in childhood mortality by cause of death according to parental socioeconomic positions: A birth cohort study in South Korea
by Kim, Jongoh & Son, Mia & Kawachi, Ichiro & Oh, Juhwan
- 1127-1134 The design and validation of a spatial microsimulation model of obesogenic environments for children in Leeds, UK: SimObesity
by Edwards, Kimberley L. & Clarke, Graham P.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 6
- 803-806 Women, mothers and HIV care in resource-poor settings
by Desclaux, Alice & Msellati, Philippe & Walentowitz, Saskia
- 807-812 Improving mothers' access to PMTCT programs in West Africa: A public health perspective
by Msellati, Philippe
- 813-820 The reproductive needs and rights of people living with HIV in Argentina: Health service users' and providers' perspectives
by Gogna, Mónica Laura & Pecheny, Mario M. & Ibarlucía, Inés & Manzelli, Hernán & López, Sara Barrón
- 821-829 Counseling and choosing between infant-feeding options: Overall limits and local interpretations by health care providers and women living with HIV in resource-poor countries (Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon)
by Desclaux, Alice & Alfieri, Chiara
- 830-837 Couples, PMTCT programs and infant feeding decision-making in Ivory Coast
by Tijou Traoré, Annick & Querre, Madina & Brou, Hermann & Leroy, Valériane & Desclaux, Alice & Desgrées-du-Loû, Annabel
- 838-845 Preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Vietnam and Indonesia: Diverging care dynamics
by Hardon, Anita Petra & Oosterhoff, Pauline & Imelda, Johanna D. & Anh, Nguyen Thu & Hidayana, Irwan
- 846-853 Gender and access to HIV testing and antiretroviral treatments in Thailand: Why do women have more and earlier access?
by Le Coeur, Sophie & Collins, Intira J. & Pannetier, Julie & Lelièvre, Éva
- 854-861 Gender asymmetry in healthcare-facility attendance of people living with HIV/AIDS in Burkina Faso
by Bila, Blandine & Egrot, Marc
- 862-868 HIV and AIDS, stigma and AIDS support groups: Perspectives from women living with HIV and AIDS in central Thailand
by Liamputtong, Pranee & Haritavorn, Niphattra & Kiatying-Angsulee, Niyada
- 869-876 Care and secrecy: Being a mother of children living with HIV in Burkina Faso
by Hejoaka, Fabienne
- 877-884 Gender and HIV testing in Burkina Faso: An exploratory study
by Obermeyer, Carla Makhlouf & Sankara, Augustin & Bastien, Vincent & Parsons, Michelle
- 885-891 HIV disclosure and unsafe sex among HIV-infected women in Cameroon: Results from the ANRS-EVAL study
by Loubiere, Sandrine & Peretti-Watel, Patrick & Boyer, Sylvie & Blanche, Jérôme & Abega, Séverin-Cécile & Spire, Bruno
- 892-899 From prenatal HIV testing of the mother to prevention of sexual HIV transmission within the couple
by Desgrées-du-Loû, Annabel & Brou, Hermann & Traore, Annick Tijou & Djohan, Gerard & Becquet, Renaud & Leroy, Valeriane
- 900-907 Expressing yourself: A feminist analysis of talk around expressing breast milk
by Johnson, Sally & Williamson, Iain & Lyttle, Steven & Leeming, Dawn
- 908-919 Asymmetrical knowledge claims in general practice consultations with frequently attending patients: Limitations and opportunities for patient participation
by Ariss, Steven M.
- 920-925 Patient involvement in health research: A contribution to a systematic review on the effectiveness of treatments for degenerative ataxias
by Serrano-Aguilar, P. & Trujillo-Martín, M.M. & Ramos-Goñi, J.M. & Mahtani-Chugani, V. & Perestelo-Pérez, L. & Posada-de la Paz, M.
- 926-933 Women's autonomy and pregnancy care in rural India: A contextual analysis
by Mistry, Ritesh & Galal, Osman & Lu, Michael
- 934-946 Migration to western industrialised countries and perinatal health: A systematic review
by Gagnon, A.J. & Zimbeck, M. & Zeitlin, J.
- 947-954 Predicting emotional well-being following traumatic brain injury: A test of mediated and moderated models
by Kendall, Elizabeth & Terry, Deborah
- 955-963 The relationship between household income and childhood respiratory health in the United Kingdom
by Violato, Mara & Petrou, Stavros & Gray, Ron
- 964-970 Urban built environments and trajectories of mobility disability: Findings from a national sample of community-dwelling American adults (1986-2001)
by Clarke, Philippa & Ailshire, Jennifer A. & Lantz, Paula
- 971-981 Double burden of deprivation and high concentrations of ambient air pollution at the neighbourhood scale in Montreal, Canada
by Crouse, Dan L. & Ross, Nancy A. & Goldberg, Mark S.
2009, Volume 69, Issue 5
- 655-661 From pleasure to pain: The role of the MPQ in the language of phantom limb pain
by Crawford, Cassandra S.
- 662-665 Indescribable pain in literature: A commentary on Crawford
by Mowat, Ryan
- 666-669 The inarticulacy/indescribability of pain: A rejoinder to Mowat
by Crawford, Cassandra S.
- 670-677 Explosive anger as a response to human rights violations in post-conflict Timor-Leste
by Silove, Derrick & Brooks, Robert & Bateman Steel, Catherine Robina & Steel, Zachary & Hewage, Kalhari & Rodger, James & Soosay, Ian
- 678-681 Experimental emotional disclosure in women undergoing infertility treatment: Are drop outs better off?
by Panagopoulou, Efharis & Montgomery, Anthony & Tarlatzis, Basil
- 682-690 Improving poor women's access to maternity care: Findings from a primary care intervention in Burkina Faso
by Brazier, Ellen & Andrzejewski, Catherine & Perkins, Margaret E. & Themmen, Ellen M. & Knight, Rodney J. & Bassane, Brahima
- 691-697 Community influences on intimate partner violence in India: Women's education, attitudes towards mistreatment and standards of living
by Boyle, Michael H. & Georgiades, Katholiki & Cullen, John & Racine, Yvonne
- 698-706 The inequalities of medical pluralism: Hierarchies of health, the politics of tradition and the economies of care in Indian oncology
by Broom, Alex & Doron, Assa & Tovey, Philip
- 707-715 Interprofessional collaboration within Canadian integrative healthcare clinics: Key components
by Gaboury, Isabelle & Bujold, Mathieu & Boon, Heather & Moher, David
- 716-721 Theoretical injections: On the therapeutic aesthetics of medical spaces
by Evans, Joshua D. & Crooks, Valorie A. & Kingsbury, Paul T.
- 722-728 The good, the bad, and the severely mentally ill: Official and informal labels as organizational resources in community mental health services
by Dobransky, Kerry
- 729-737 Demanding patient or demanding encounter?: A case study of a cancer clinic
by Stacey, Clare Louise & Henderson, Stuart & MacArthur, Kelly R. & Dohan, Daniel
- 738-746 When things fall apart: Gender and suicide across the life-course
by Shiner, Michael & Scourfield, Jonathan & Fincham, Ben & Langer, Susanne
- 747-753 Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis transmission: Contextualizing the evidence through social network theory
by Hollm-Delgado, Maria-Graciela
- 754-760 Housing wealth and mortality: A register linkage study of the Finnish population
by Laaksonen, Mikko & Tarkiainen, Lasse & Martikainen, Pekka
- 761-767 Regional risk factors for health inequalities in Scotland and England and the "Scottish effect"
by Shelton, Nicola Jane
- 768-776 Racial-ethnic disparities in health and the labor market: Losing and leaving jobs
by Strully, Kate
- 777-785 Perceived job insecurity and worker health in the United States
by Burgard, Sarah A. & Brand, Jennie E. & House, James S.