Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60
2010, Volume 71, Issue 8
- 1399-1408 Longing to belong: Social inclusion and wellbeing among youth with refugee backgrounds in the first three years in Melbourne, Australia
by Correa-Velez, Ignacio & Gifford, Sandra M. & Barnett, Adrian G.
- 1409-1417 Structural forces and the production of TB-related stigma among Haitians in two contexts
by Coreil, Jeannine & Mayard, Gladys & Simpson, Kelly M. & Lauzardo, Michael & Zhu, Yiliang & Weiss, Mitchell
- 1418-1427 Disability and self-rated health among older women and men in rural Guatemala: The role of obesity and chronic conditions
by Yount, Kathryn M. & Hoddinott, John & Stein, Aryeh D.
- 1428-1435 Spatial and socio-behavioral patterns of HIV prevalence in the Democratic Republic of Congo
by Messina, Jane P. & Emch, Michael & Muwonga, Jeremie & Mwandagalirwa, Kashamuka & Edidi, Samuel B. & Mama, Nicaise & Okenge, Augustin & Meshnick, Steven R.
- 1436-1446 Understanding community context and adult health changes in China: Development of an urbanicity scale
by Jones-Smith, Jessica C. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 1447-1454 Effects of cumulative risk on behavioral and psychological well-being in first grade: Moderation by neighborhood context
by Lima, Julie & Caughy, Margaret & Nettles, Saundra M. & O'Campo, Patricia J.
- 1455-1462 The impact of downsizing on remaining workers' sickness absence
by Østhus, Ståle & Mastekaasa, Arne
- 1463-1471 Christmas and New Year as risk factors for death
by Phillips, David & Barker, Gwendolyn E. & Brewer, Kimberly M.
- 1472-1479 Do gender differences in mental health contribute to gender differences in physical health?
by Needham, Belinda & Hill, Terrence D.
- 1480-1488 Exploring the ambiguities of masculinity in accounts of emotional distress in the military among young ex-servicemen
by Green, Gill & Emslie, Carol & O'Neill, Dan & Hunt, Kate & Walker, Steven
- 1489-1497 Parents who use drugs: Accounting for damage and its limitation
by Rhodes, Tim & Bernays, Sarah & Houmoller, Kathrin
- 1498-1505 'All in the same boat'? Patient and carer attitudes to peer support and social comparison in Motor Neurone Disease (MND)
by Locock, Louise & Brown, Janice B.
- 1506-1512 Professional autonomy in 21st century healthcare: Nurses' accounts of clinical decision-making
by Traynor, Michael & Boland, Maggie & Buus, Niels
- 1513-1519 The natural, the normal and the normative: Contested terrains in ageing and old age
by Jones, Ian Rees & Higgs, Paul F.
- 1520-1526 Advancing health equity in the global marketplace: How human rights can help
by Schrecker, Ted & Chapman, Audrey R. & Labonté, Ronald & De Vogli, Roberto
- 1527-1534 The changing role of agriculture in tobacco control policymaking: A South Carolina case study
by Sullivan, Sarah & Glantz, Stanton
- 1535-1535 Erratum to: "Epidemiological transition: Model or illusion? A look at the problem of health in Mexico" [Social Science & Medicine, 57, (2003), 539-550]
by Martínez S., Carolina & Leal F., Gustavo
2010, Volume 71, Issue 7
- 1219-1220 Changes in the editorial team and innovations at Social Science & Medicine
by Annandale, Ellen
- 1221-1222 Reactions to Fair Society, Healthy Lives (The Marmot Review)
by Subramanyam, Malavika A. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V.
- 1223-1226 Investing in health to improve the wellbeing of the disadvantaged: Reversing the argument of Fair Society, Healthy Lives (The Marmot Review)
by Canning, David & Bowser, Diana
- 1227-1230 Rising up with shoe leather? A comment on Fair Society, Healthy Lives (The Marmot Review)
by Chandra, Amitabh & Vogl, Tom S.
- 1231-1233 Against the organization of misery? The Marmot Review of health inequalities
by Pickett, Kate E. & Dorling, Danny
- 1234-1236 Swimming upstream? Taking action on the social determinants of health inequalities
by Whitehead, Margaret & Popay, Jennie
- 1237-1239 The Marmot Review - Social revolution by Stealth
by Nathanson, Constance & Hopper, Kim
- 1240-1243 Evidence-based politics: How successful have government reviews been as policy instruments to reduce health inequalities in England?
by Howden-Chapman, Philippa
- 1244-1248 Inequalities in child healthy development: Some challenges for effective implementation
by Lynch, John W. & Law, Catherine & Brinkman, Sally & Chittleborough, Catherine & Sawyer, Michael
- 1249-1253 Has the English strategy to reduce health inequalities failed?
by Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 1254-1258 A social movement, based on evidence, to reduce inequalities in health
by Marmot, Michael & Allen, Jessica & Goldblatt, Peter
- 1259-1267 Physical functioning among mid-life women: Associations with trajectory of depressive symptoms
by Tomey, Kristin & Sowers, MaryFran R. & Harlow, Sioban & Jannausch, Mary & Zheng, Huiyong & Bromberger, Joyce
- 1268-1276 Do Mexican immigrants "import" social gradients in health to the US?
by Buttenheim, Alison & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R. & Wong, Rebeca & Chung, Chang
- 1277-1284 Factors associated with the perpetration of sexual violence among wine-shop patrons in Chennai, India
by Go, Vivian F. & Srikrishnan, Aylur K. & Salter, Megan L. & Mehta, Shruti & Johnson, Sethulakshmi C. & Sivaram, Sudha & Davis, Wendy & Solomon, Suniti & Celentano, David D.
- 1285-1291 Cancer and mastery: Do age and cohort matter?
by Pudrovska, Tetyana
- 1292-1299 Research on meaning-making and health in secular society: Secular, spiritual and religious existential orientations
by la Cour, Peter & Hvidt, Niels C.
- 1300-1307 Bullying victimisation, self harm and associated factors in Irish adolescent boys
by McMahon, Elaine M. & Reulbach, Udo & Keeley, Helen & Perry, Ivan J. & Arensman, Ella
- 1308-1315 You can't get anything perfect: "User perspectives on the delivery of cognitive behavioural therapy by telephone"
by Bee, Penny Elizabeth & Lovell, Karina & Lidbetter, Nicola & Easton, Katherine & Gask, Linda
- 1316-1323 Food, eating and taste: Parents' perspectives on the making of the middle class teenager
by Backett-Milburn, Kathryn C. & Wills, Wendy J. & Roberts, Mei-Li & Lawton, Julia
- 1324-1331 "More natural but less normal": Reconsidering medicalisation and agency through women's accounts of menstrual suppression
by Gunson, Jessica Shipman
- 1332-1340 Lean healthcare: Rhetoric, ritual and resistance
by Waring, Justin J. & Bishop, Simon
- 1341-1348 Niche players in health policy: Medical specialty societies in Congress 1969-2002
by Rabinowitz, Aaron & Laugesen, Miriam
- 1349-1356 A new approach to global health institutions? A case study of new vaccine introduction and the formation of the GAVI Alliance
by Sandberg, Kristin Ingstad & Andresen, Steinar & Bjune, Gunnar
- 1357-1365 The "aid contract" and its compensation scheme: A case study of the performance of the Ugandan health sector
by Oliveira Cruz, Valeria & McPake, Barbara
- 1366-1373 Poverty and childhood undernutrition in developing countries: A multi-national cohort study
by Petrou, Stavros & Kupek, Emil
- 1374-1374 Corrigendum to: "Understanding factors influencing substance use in people with recent onset psychosis: A qualitative study" [Social Science & Medicine 70 (2010) 1141-1147]
by Lobban, Fiona & Barrowclough, Christine & Jeffery, Sophie & Bucci, Sandra & Taylor, Katherine & Mallinson, Sara & Fitzsimmons, Mike & Marshall, Max
2010, Volume 71, Issue 6
- 1049-1055 Evidence and policymaking: The introduction of MMR vaccine in the Netherlands
by Blume, Stuart & Tump, Janneke
- 1056-1062 Evidence based public health: A review of the experience of the National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) of developing public health guidance in England
by Kelly, Michael & Morgan, Antony & Ellis, Simon & Younger, Tricia & Huntley, Jane & Swann, Catherine
- 1063-1067 From mainstream to marginal? Trends in the use of Chinese medicine in China from 1991 to 2004
by Jin, Lei
- 1068-1075 'Fantastic hands' - But no evidence: The construction of expertise by users of CAM
by Pedersen, Inge Kryger & Baarts, Charlotte
- 1076-1083 The medicalisation of 'tall' girls: A discourse analysis of medical literature on the use of synthetic oestrogen to reduce female height
by Rayner, Jo-Anne & Pyett, Priscilla & Astbury, Jill
- 1084-1088 Medical specialty prestige and lifestyle preferences for medical students
by Creed, Peter A. & Searle, Judy & Rogers, Mary E.
- 1089-1093 Cervical cancer screening in Malaysia: Are targeted interventions necessary?
by Dunn, Richard A. & Tan, Andrew K.G.
- 1094-1101 "I like to be an informed person but..." negotiating responsibility for treatment decisions in cancer care
by Sinding, Christina & Hudak, Pamela & Wiernikowski, Jennifer & Aronson, Jane & Miller, Pat & Gould, Judy & Fitzpatrick-Lewis, Donna
- 1102-1109 Chasing the dragon: Developing indicators for the assessment of community participation in health programmes
by Draper, Alizon Katharine & Hewitt, Gillian & Rifkin, Susan
- 1110-1118 The emergence of community health worker programmes in the late apartheid era in South Africa: An historical analysis
by van Ginneken, Nadja & Lewin, Simon & Berridge, Virginia
- 1119-1130 Exploring the use of social network methods in designing healthcare quality improvement teams
by Meltzer, David & Chung, Jeanette & Khalili, Parham & Marlow, Elizabeth & Arora, Vineet & Schumock, Glen & Burt, Ron
- 1131-1140 Rural vs urban hospital performance in a 'competitive' public health service
by Garcia-Lacalle, Javier & Martin, Emilio
- 1141-1149 Associations between income inequality at municipality level and health depend on context - A multilevel analysis on myocardial infarction in Sweden
by Henriksson, Göran & Weitoft, Gunilla Ringbäck & Allebeck, Peter
- 1150-1160 Socioeconomic position, gender, health behaviours and biomarkers of cardiovascular disease and diabetes
by Kavanagh, Anne & Bentley, Rebecca J. & Turrell, Gavin & Shaw, Jonathan & Dunstan, David & Subramanian, S.V.
- 1161-1172 The effect of immigrant generation and duration on self-rated health among US adults 2003-2007
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Bates, Lisa M. & Osypuk, Theresa L. & McArdle, Nancy
- 1173-1181 The mental health and psychosocial adjustment of Cuban immigrants in south Florida
by Cislo, Andrew M. & Spence, Naomi J. & Gayman, Mathew D.
- 1182-1188 Do experiences of racial discrimination predict cardiovascular disease among African American men? The moderating role of internalized negative racial group attitudes
by Chae, David H. & Lincoln, Karen D. & Adler, Nancy E. & Syme, S. Leonard
- 1189-1198 The contribution of smoking and obesity to income-related inequalities in health in England
by Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Morris, Stephen
- 1199-1207 Intimate partner violence and initiation of smoking and drinking: A population-based study of women in Yokohama, Japan
by Yoshihama, Mieko & Horrocks, Julie & Bybee, Deborah
- 1208-1217 Trajectory of functional status among older Taiwanese: Gender and age variations
by Liang, Jersey & Wang, Chia-Ning & Xu, Xiao & Hsu, Hui-Chuan & Lin, Hui-Shen & Lin, Yu-Hsuan
- 1218-1218 Corrigendum to: "Harmed patients gaining voice: Challenging dominant perspectives in the construction of medical harm and patient safety reforms" [Social Science & Medicine 71 (2010) 510-516]
by Ocloo, Josephine Enyonam
2010, Volume 71, Issue 5
- 841-850 Politics and health in eight European countries: A comparative study of mortality decline under social democracies and right-wing governments
by Granados, José A. Tapia
- 851-852 Politics, public health and pessimism: Should we take studies on welfare states and public health further? A commentary on Tapia Granados
by Lundberg, Olle
- 853-860 Jade and the journalists: Media coverage of a young British celebrity dying of cancer
by Walter, Tony
- 861-868 How the mass media report social statistics: A case study concerning research on end-of-life decisions
by Seale, Clive
- 869-876 Masculinity, moralities and being cared for: An exploration of experiences of living and dying in a hospice
by Broom, Alex & Cavenagh, John
- 877-883 Smokers' accounts on the health risks of smoking: Why is smoking not dangerous for me?
by Heikkinen, Hanne & Patja, Kristiina & Jallinoja, Piia
- 884-890 'Waiting until they got home': Gender, smoking and tobacco exposure in households in Scotland
by Robinson, Jude & Ritchie, Deborah & Amos, Amanda & Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Greaves, Lorraine & Martin, Claudia
- 891-897 Westernization and tobacco use among young people in Delhi, India
by Stigler, Melissa & Dhavan, Poonam & Van Dusen, Duncan & Arora, Monika & Reddy, K.S. & Perry, Cheryl L.
- 898-909 How and where clinicians exercise power: Interprofessional relations in health care
by Nugus, Peter & Greenfield, David & Travaglia, Joanne & Westbrook, Johanna & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 910-917 Genetic unexceptionalism: Clinician accounts of genetic testing for familial hypercholesterolaemia
by Will, Catherine M. & Armstrong, David & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 918-924 The effect of Medicaid eligibility expansions on fertility
by Zavodny, Madeline & Bitler, Marianne P.
- 925-934 The tradeoff between centralized and decentralized health services: Evidence from rural areas in Mexico
by Vargas Bustamante, Arturo
- 935-940 Improved health outcomes in urban slums through infrastructure upgrading
by Butala, Neel M. & VanRooyen, Michael J. & Patel, Ronak Bhailal
- 941-949 Childhood nutritional deprivation and cognitive impairment among older Chinese people
by Zhang, Zhenmei & Gu, Danan & Hayward, Mark D.
- 950-957 A consideration of medicalisation: Choice, engagement and other responsibilities of parents of children with autism spectrum disorder
by Valentine, Kylie
- 958-965 Sibling supervision and young children's risk of injury: A comparison of mothers' and older siblings' reactions to risk taking by a younger child in the family
by Morrongiello, Barbara & Schmidt, Sarah & Schell, Stacy L.
- 966-974 AIDS in the family and community: The impact on child health in Malawi
by Kidman, Rachel & Hanley, James A. & Subramanian, S.V. & Foster, Geoff & Heymann, Jody
- 975-985 Exploring children's stigmatisation of AIDS-affected children in Zimbabwe through drawings and stories
by Campbell, Catherine & Skovdal, Morten & Mupambireyi, Zivai & Gregson, Simon
- 986-993 Working outside of the box: How HIV counselors in Sub-Saharan Africa adapt Western HIV testing norms
by Angotti, Nicole
- 994-1001 Hygiene and sanitation among ethnic minorities in Northern Vietnam: Does government promotion match community priorities?
by Rheinländer, Thilde & Samuelsen, Helle & Dalsgaard, Anders & Konradsen, Flemming
- 1002-1010 Health status, health behaviour and healthcare use among migrants in the UK: Evidence from mothers in the Millennium Cohort Study
by Jayaweera, Hiranthi & Quigley, Maria A.
- 1011-1017 Dissonances in self-reported health and mortality across denominational groups in Northern Ireland
by O'Reilly, Dermot & Rosato, Michael
- 1018-1026 The associations of household wealth and income with self-rated health - A study on economic advantage in middle-aged Finnish men and women
by Aittomäki, Akseli & Martikainen, Pekka & Laaksonen, Mikko & Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 1027-1036 Short and long sleep are positively associated with obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease among adults in the United States
by Buxton, Orfeu M. & Marcelli, Enrico
- 1037-1044 A four year (1996-2000) analysis of social capital and health status of Canadians: The difference that love makes
by Nakhaie, Reza & Arnold, Robert
- 1045-1046 In memory of Charles Leslie
by DelVecchio Good, Mary-Jo
- 1047-1047 Corrigendum to: "Resources and obstacles to developing and implementing a structural intervention to prevent HIV in San Salvador, El Salvador" [Social Science & Medicine, 70 (2010), 351-359]
by Dickson-Gomez, Julia & Corbett, A. Michelle & Bodnar, Gloria & Rodriguez, Karla & Guevara, Carmen E.
2010, Volume 71, Issue 4
- 651-656 Rethinking measurement of neighborhood in the context of health research
by Schaefer-McDaniel, Nicole & Dunn, James R. & Minian, Nadia & Katz, Danielle
- 657-666 Seasonality in suicide - A review and search of new concepts for explaining the heterogeneous phenomena
by Ajdacic-Gross, Vladeta & Bopp, Matthias & Ring, Mariann & Gutzwiller, Felix & Rossler, Wulf
- 667-671 Policy implications of a financial incentive programme to retain a physician workforce in underserved Japanese rural areas
by Matsumoto, Masatoshi & Inoue, Kazuo & Kajii, Eiji
- 672-676 Changing maternity leave policy: Short-term effects on fertility rates and demographic variables in Germany
by Thyrian, Jochen René & Fendrich, Konstanze & Lange, Anja & Haas, Johannes-Peter & Zygmunt, Marek & Hoffmann, Wolfgang
- 677-684 Ethical challenges in the provision of end-of-life care in Norwegian nursing homes
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth & Førde, Reidun & Pedersen, Reidar & Bollig, Georg
- 685-692 Pragmatic evidence and textual arrangements: A case study of French clinical cancer guidelines
by Knaapen, Loes & Cazeneuve, Hervé & Cambrosio, Alberto & Castel, Patrick & Fervers, Beatrice
- 693-701 Contextualizing diversity and culture within cancer control interventions for Latinas: Changing interventions, not cultures
by Erwin, Deborah O. & Treviño, Michelle & Saad-Harfouche, Frances G. & Rodriguez, Elisa M. & Gage, Elizabeth & Jandorf, Lina
- 702-707 What drives patients to sue doctors? The role of cultural factors in the pursuit of malpractice claims in Taiwan
by Chiu, Yu-Chan
- 708-716 Can arts projects improve young people's wellbeing? A social capital approach
by Hampshire, Katherine Rebecca & Matthijsse, Mathilde
- 717-724 Have investments in on-reserve health services and initiatives promoting community control improved First Nations' health in Manitoba?
by Lavoie, Josée Gabrielle & Forget, Evelyn L. & Prakash, Tara & Dahl, Matt & Martens, Patricia & O'Neil, John D.
- 725-733 Contemporary neuroscience in the media
by Racine, Eric & Waldman, Sarah & Rosenberg, Jarett & Illes, Judy
- 734-742 Specifying the effects of religion on medical helpseeking: The case of infertility
by Greil, Arthur & McQuillan, Julia & Benjamins, Maureen & Johnson, David R. & Johnson, Katherine M. & Heinz, Chelsea R.
- 743-750 From targeted exemptions to user fee abolition in health care: Experience from rural Zambia
by Masiye, Felix & Chitah, Bona M. & McIntyre, Diane
- 751-759 Decentralized health care priority-setting in Tanzania: Evaluating against the accountability for reasonableness framework
by Maluka, Stephen & Kamuzora, Peter & Sebastiån, Miguel San & Byskov, Jens & Olsen, Øystein E. & Shayo, Elizabeth & Ndawi, Benedict & Hurtig, Anna-Karin
- 760-768 Use of biomedical obstetric care in rural Tanzania: The role of social and material inequalities
by Spangler, Sydney A. & Bloom, Shelah S.
- 769-776 The meaning of "control" for childbearing women in the US
by Namey, Emily E. & Lyerly, Anne Drapkin
- 777-785 Relative deprivation and child health in the USA
by Lhila, Aparna & Simon, Kosali I.
- 786-798 Residential mobility in the UK during pregnancy and infancy: Are pregnant women, new mothers and infants 'unhealthy migrants'?
by Tunstall, Helena & Pickett, Kate & Johnsen, Sarah
- 799-806 Anywhere, anytime: Retail access to tobacco in New South Wales and its potential impact on consumption and quitting
by Paul, Christine L. & Mee, Kathleen J. & Judd, Tanya M. & Walsh, Raoul A. & Tang, Anita & Penman, Andrew & Girgis, Afaf
- 807-814 Love thy neighbour? Associations of social capital and crime with physical activity amongst women
by Ball, Kylie & Cleland, Verity J. & Timperio, Anna F. & Salmon, Jo & Giles-Corti, Billie & Crawford, David A.
- 815-823 Unemployment and self-rated health: Neighborhood influence
by Giatti, Luana & Barreto, Sandhi M. & César, Cibele C.
- 824-831 Substance abuse and mental health disparities: Comparisons across sexual identity groups in a national sample of young Australian women
by Hughes, Tonda & Szalacha, Laura A. & McNair, Ruth
- 832-839 Peer norms and consistent condom use with female sex workers among male clients in Sichuan province, China
by Yang, Cui & Latkin, Carl & Luan, Rongsheng & Nelson, Kenrad
2010, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 429-430 Application of directional statistics to health state valuation: A commentary on Craig and Oppe
by Shaw, James W. & Pickard, A. Simon & Yager, Ronald R.
- 431-439 The association of earnings with health in middle age: Do self-reported earnings for the previous year tell the whole story?
by Rehkopf, David H. & Jencks, Christopher & Glymour, M. Maria
- 440-450 The impact of pharmaceutical policy measures: An endogenous structural-break approach
by Barros, Pedro Pita & Nunes, Luis C.
- 451-458 Professional status in a changing world: The case of medicines use reviews in English community pharmacy
by McDonald, Ruth & Cheraghi-Sohi, Sudeh & Sanders, Caroline & Ashcroft, Darren
- 459-466 The social context of change in tobacco consumption following the introduction of 'smokefree' England legislation: A qualitative, longitudinal study
by Hargreaves, Katrina & Amos, Amanda & Highet, Gill & Martin, Claudia & Platt, Stephen & Ritchie, Deborah & White, Martin
- 467-474 Exploratory study of the impacts of Mutual Health Organizations on social dynamics in Benin
by Ridde, Valery & Haddad, Slim & Yacoubou, Moussa & Yacoubou, Ismaelou
- 475-481 Medical dominance and neoliberalisation in maternal care provision: The evidence from Canada and Australia
by Benoit, Cecilia & Zadoroznyj, Maria & Hallgrimsdottir, Helga & Treloar, Adrienne & Taylor, Kara
- 482-485 A rapid method for assessing social versus independent interest in health issues: A case study of 'bird flu' and 'swine flu'
by Bentley, R. Alexander & Ormerod, Paul
- 486-493 How do structured education programmes work? An ethnographic investigation of the dose adjustment for normal eating (DAFNE) programme for type 1 diabetes patients in the UK
by Lawton, Julia & Rankin, David
- 494-501 Intervention-mediated effects for adult physical activity: A latent growth curve analysis
by Roesch, Scott C. & Norman, Greg J. & Villodas, Feion & Sallis, James F. & Patrick, Kevin
- 502-509 Design-based regulation and patient safety: A regulatory studies perspective
by Yeung, Karen & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 510-516 Harmed patients gaining voice: Challenging dominant perspectives in the construction of medical harm and patient safety reforms
by Ocloo, Josephine Enyonam
- 517-528 Poverty and common mental disorders in low and middle income countries: A systematic review
by Lund, Crick & Breen, Alison & Flisher, Alan J. & Kakuma, Ritsuko & Corrigall, Joanne & Joska, John A. & Swartz, Leslie & Patel, Vikram
- 529-533 Do mental health and behavioural problems of early menarche persist into late adolescence? A three year follow-up study among adolescent girls in Oslo, Norway
by Lien, Lars & Haavet, Ole Rikard & Dalgard, Florence
- 534-540 Linking hospital workers' organisational work environment to depressive symptoms: A mediating effect of effort-reward imbalance? The ORSOSA study
by Jolivet, Anne & Caroly, Sandrine & Ehlinger, Virgine & Kelly-Irving, Michelle & Delpierre, Cyrille & Balducci, Franck & Sobaszek, Annie & De Gaudemaris, Régis & Lang, Thierry
- 541-550 Is neighborhood racial/ethnic composition associated with depressive symptoms? The multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis
by Mair, Christina & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Osypuk, Theresa L. & Rapp, Stephen R. & Seeman, Teresa & Watson, Karol E.
- 551-558 Mortality consequences of the 1959-1961 Great Leap Forward famine in China: Debilitation, selection, and mortality crossovers
by Song, Shige
- 559-567 A multi-level analysis of urban/rural and socioeconomic differences in functional health status transition among older Chinese
by Zimmer, Zachary & Wen, Ming & Kaneda, Toshiko
- 568-575 Gender differences in relationships between urban green space and health in the United Kingdom
by Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Mitchell, Richard
- 576-583 How do masculinity, paternity leave, and mortality associate? -A study of fathers in the Swedish parental & child cohort of 1988/89
by Månsdotter, Anna & Lundin, Andreas
- 584-591 Child obesity associated with social disadvantage of children's neighborhoods
by Greves Grow, H. Mollie & Cook, Andrea J. & Arterburn, David E. & Saelens, Brian E. & Drewnowski, Adam & Lozano, Paula
- 592-599 The epidemiology of spirit possession in the aftermath of mass political violence in Mozambique
by Igreja, Victor & Dias-Lambranca, Beatrice & Hershey, Douglas A. & Racin, Limore & Richters, Annemiek & Reis, Ria
- 600-607 Do stigma, blame and stereotyping contribute to unsafe sexual behaviour? A test of claims about the spread of HIV/AIDS arising from social representation theory and the AIDS risk reduction model
by Riley, Gerard Anthony & Baah-Odoom, Dinah
- 608-615 Chasing spirits: Clarifying the spirit child phenomenon and infanticide in Northern Ghana
by Denham, Aaron R. & Adongo, Philip B. & Freydberg, Nicole & Hodgson, Abraham
- 616-625 A multi-level model of condom use among male and female upper primary school students in Nyanza, Kenya
by Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor & Tenkorang, Eric Y.
- 626-633 Soft targets or partners in health? Retail pharmacies and their role in Tanzania's malaria control program
by Kamat, Vinay R. & Nyato, Daniel J.
- 634-642 Women's empowerment and reproductive experiences over the lifecourse
by Lee-Rife, Susan M.
- 643-649 Narratives of deprivation: Women's life stories around Maori sudden infant death syndrome
by McManus, Verne & Abel, Sally & McCreanor, Tim & Tipene-Leach, David
2010, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 213-220 Silencing distressed children in the context of war in northern Uganda: An analysis of its dynamics and its health consequences
by Akello, Grace & Reis, Ria & Richters, Annemiek
- 221-227 Human-initiated disaster, social disorganization and post-traumatic stress disorder above Nigeria's oil basins
by Beiser, Morton & Wiwa, Owens & Adebajo, Sylvia
- 228-235 Context, evidence and attitude: The case for photography in medical examinations of asylum seekers in the Netherlands
by Park, Rebekah & Oomen, Janus
- 236-243 Between the lines: Republicanism, dissenters and the politics of meta-trauma in the Northern Irish conflict
by Zenker, Olaf
- 244-248 Death knocks, professional practice, and the public good: The media experience of suicide reporting in New Zealand
by Collings, Sunny C. & Kemp, Christopher G.
- 249-250 Contribution to knowledge about media professionals' experiences with reporting suicide. A commentary on Collings and Kemp
by Pirkis, Jane Elizabeth
- 251-258 A new conceptualization of ethnicity for social epidemiologic and health equity research
by Ford, Chandra L. & Harawa, Nina T.
- 259-265 Life-course financial strain and health in African-Americans
by Szanton, Sarah L. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Whitfield, Keith
- 266-273 Is wealthier always healthier? The impact of national income level, inequality, and poverty on public health in Latin America
by Biggs, Brian & King, Lawrence & Basu, Sanjay & Stuckler, David
- 274-281 Racial differences in stage at diagnosis and survival from epithelial ovarian cancer: A fundamental cause of disease approach
by Kim, Seijeoung & Dolecek, Therese A. & Davis, Faith G.
- 282-287 Is socioeconomic disparity in disability improving among Korean elders?
by Jang, Soong-Nang & Cho, Sung-il & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 288-297 Does education buffer the impact of disability on psychological distress?
by Mandemakers, Jornt J. & Monden, Christiaan W.S.
- 298-304 Work stress of primary care physicians in the US, UK and German health care systems
by Siegrist, Johannes & Shackelton, Rebecca & Link, Carol & Marceau, Lisa & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & McKinlay, John
- 305-313 Gender differences in depression in 23 European countries. Cross-national variation in the gender gap in depression
by Van de Velde, Sarah & Bracke, Piet & Levecque, Katia
- 314-323 Fever, malaria and primary repetition rates amongst school children in Mali: Combining demographic and health surveys (DHS) with spatial malariological measures
by Thuilliez, Josselin
- 324-334 Malaria and primary education in Mali: A longitudinal study in the village of Donéguébougou
by Thuilliez, Josselin & Sissoko, Mahamadou S. & Toure, Ousmane B. & Kamate, Paul & Berthélemy, Jean-Claude & Doumbo, Ogobara K.
- 335-344 Investigating the association between HIV/AIDS and recent fertility patterns in Kenya
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Agwanda, Alfred O.
- 345-352 Antiretroviral therapy and reproductive life projects: Mitigating the stigma of AIDS in Nigeria
by Smith, Daniel Jordan & Mbakwem, Benjamin C.
- 353-361 Somali immigrant women and the American health care system: Discordant beliefs, divergent expectations, and silent worries
by Pavlish, Carol Lynn & Noor, Sahra & Brandt, Joan
- 362-369 Therapeutic networks of pregnancy care: Bengali immigrant women in New York City
by Chakrabarti, Ranjana
- 370-377 Negotiating normalization: The perils of producing pregnancy symptoms in prenatal care
by Bessett, Danielle
- 378-385 'Containment' as an analytical framework for understanding patient delay: A qualitative study of cancer patients' symptom interpretation processes
by Andersen, Rikke Sand & Paarup, Bjarke & Vedsted, Peter & Bro, Flemming & Soendergaard, Jens
- 386-393 No one listens to me, nobody believes me: Self management and the experience of living with encephalitis
by Atkin, Karl & Stapley, Sally & Easton, Ava
- 394-399 Network analysis as a tool to assess the intersectoral management of health determinants at the local level: A report from an exploratory study of two Cuban municipalities
by Pagliccia, Nino & Spiegel, Jerry & Alegret, Milagros & Bonet, Mariano & Martinez, Barbara & Yassi, Annalee
- 400-404 Disparities in systems development for elder abuse prevention among municipalities in Japan: Implications for strategies to help municipalities develop community systems
by Nakanishi, Miharu & Nakashima, Taeko & Honda, Tatsuo
- 405-413 Direct and indirect effects of obesity on U.S. labor market outcomes of older working age adults
by Renna, F. & Thakur, Nidhi
- 414-420 Health outcomes of Experience CorpsÂ®: A high-commitment volunteer program
by Hong, S.I. & Morrow-Howell, Nancy
- 421-428 Waiting is the hardest part: Anticipating medical test results affects processing and recall of important information
by Portnoy, David B.
2010, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-9 Race and shared decision-making: Perspectives of African-Americans with diabetes
by Peek, Monica E. & Odoms-Young, Angela & Quinn, Michael T. & Gorawara-Bhat, Rita & Wilson, Shannon C. & Chin, Marshall H.
- 10-12 What do we mean by 'racism'? Conceptualising the range of what we call racism in health care settings: A commentary on Peek etÂ al
by Bradby, Hannah
- 13-17 Racism in healthcare: Its relationship to shared decision-making and health disparities: A response to Bradby
by Peek, Monica E. & Odoms-Young, Angela & Quinn, Michael T. & Gorawara-Bhat, Rita & Wilson, Shannon C. & Chin, Marshall H.
- 18-24 Help seeking for cardiac symptoms: Beyond the masculine-feminine binary
by Galdas, Paul M. & Johnson, Joy L. & Percy, Myra E. & Ratner, Pamela A.
- 25-29 Gender equity in treatment for cardiac heart disease in Portugal
by Perelman, Julian & Mateus, Céu & Fernandes, Ana
- 30-37 Attrition from self-directed interventions: Investigating the relationship between psychological predictors, intervention content and dropout from a body dissatisfaction intervention
by Geraghty, Adam W.A. & Wood, Alex M. & Hyland, Michael E.
- 38-44 Effectiveness of a knowledge-contact program in improving nursing students' attitudes and emotional competence in serving people living with HIV/AIDS
by Yiu, Jessie W. & Mak, Winnie W.S. & Ho, Winnie S. & Chui, Ying Yu
- 45-52 Narratives that address affective forecasting errors reduce perceived barriers to colorectal cancer screening
by Dillard, Amanda J. & Fagerlin, Angela & Cin, Sonya Dal & Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & Ubel, Peter A.
- 53-61 'It would be nice if they could give us more language' - Serving South Africa's multilingual patient base
by Deumert, Ana
- 62-70 Choosing early pregnancy termination methods in Urban Mozambique
by Mitchell, Ellen M.H. & Kwizera, Amata & Usta, Momade & Gebreselassie, Hailemichael
- 71-83 Suffering, hope, and entrapment: Resilience and cultural values in Afghanistan
by Eggerman, Mark & Panter-Brick, Catherine
- 84-92 The influence of social stigma and discriminatory experience on psychological distress and quality of life among rural-to-urban migrants in China
by Wang, Bo & Li, Xiaoming & Stanton, Bonita & Fang, Xiaoyi
- 93-101 Individual and environmental correlates of dietary fat intake in rural communities: A structural equation model analysis
by Hermstad, April K. & Swan, Deanne W. & Kegler, Michelle C. & Barnette, J.K. & Glanz, Karen
- 102-109 Role of neighbourhoods in child growth and development: Does 'place' matter?
by Avan, Bilal Iqbal & Kirkwood, Betty
- 110-115 Long-term economic costs of psychological problems during childhood
by Smith, James Patrick & Smith, Gillian C.
- 116-124 Measurement of health, health inequality, and reporting heterogeneity
by Ziebarth, Nicolas
- 125-133 Individual vulnerability and the nurturing state: The case of self-reported health and relative income
by Furnée, Carina A. & Pfann, Gerard A.
- 134-142 Heavy drinking and health promotion activities
by Ettner, Susan L. & French, Michael T. & Popovici, Ioana
- 143-151 Education, alcohol use and abuse among young adults in Britain
by Huerta, Maria C. & Borgonovi, Francesca
- 152-160 Experimental evidence of welfare reform impact on clinical anxiety and depression levels among poor women
by Jagannathan, Radha & Camasso, Michael J. & Sambamoorthi, Usha
- 161-165 Religion and conscientious objection: A survey of pharmacists' willingness to dispense medications
by Davidson, Laura A. & Pettis, Clare T. & Joiner, Amber J. & Cook, Daniel M. & Klugman, Craig M.
- 166-172 Nurses, Inc.: Expansion and commercialization of nursing education in the Philippines
by Masselink, Leah E. & Lee, Shoou-Yih Daniel
- 173-180 Interpersonal conflict and depression among Japanese workers with high or low socioeconomic status: Findings from the Japan Work Stress and Health Cohort Study
by Inoue, Akiomi & Kawakami, Norito
- 181-186 Loneliness and risk of mortality: A longitudinal investigation in Alameda County, California
by Patterson, Andrew C. & Veenstra, Gerry
- 187-195 Life course socioeconomic position is associated with inflammatory markers: The Framingham Offspring Study
by Loucks, Eric B. & Pilote, Louise & Lynch, John W. & Richard, Hugues & Almeida, Nisha D. & Benjamin, Emelia J. & Murabito, Joanne M.
- 196-204 Financial hardship and psychological distress: Exploring the buffering effects of religion
by Bradshaw, Matt & Ellison, Christopher G.
- 205-211 A Latino advantage in oral health-related quality of life is modified by nativity status
by Sanders, Anne E.
2010, Volume 70, Issue 12
- 1867-1873 An anthropological analysis of European Union (EU) health governance as biopolitics: The case of the EU tissues and cells directive
by Hoeyer, Klaus
- 1874-1881 Should I stay or should I go? Career change and labor force separation among registered nurses in the U.S
by Nooney, Jennifer G. & Unruh, Lynn & Yore, Michelle M.
- 1882-1887 User satisfaction is influenced by the interval between a health care service and the assessment of the service
by Jensen, Hanne Irene & Ammentorp, Jette & Kofoed, Poul-Erik