Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2010, Volume 70, Issue 11
- 1728-1736 What do physicians gain (and lose) with experience? Qualitative results from a cross-national study of diabetes
by Elstad, Emily A. & Lutfey, Karen E. & Marceau, Lisa D. & Campbell, Stephen M. & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & McKinlay, John B.
- 1737-1744 Male reproductive control of women who have experienced intimate partner violence in the United States
by Moore, Ann M. & Frohwirth, Lori & Miller, Elizabeth
- 1745-1755 Poverty, vulnerability, and provision of healthcare in Afghanistan
by Trani, Jean-Francois & Bakhshi, Parul & Noor, Ayan A. & Lopez, Dominique & Mashkoor, Ashraf
- 1756-1764 Maori healers' views on wellbeing: The importance of mind, body, spirit, family and land
by Mark, Glenis Tabetha & Lyons, Antonia C.
- 1765-1772 Project-induced migration and depression: A panel analysis
by Hwang, Sean-Shong & Cao, Yue & Xi, Juan
- 1773-1779 Patterns of distress, precipitating events, and reflections on suicide attempts by young Latinas
by Zayas, Luis & Gulbas, Lauren E. & Fedoravicius, Nicole & Cabassa, Leopoldo J.
- 1780-1788 Socio-economic status and oral health-related behaviours in Korean adolescents
by Jung, Se-Hwan & Tsakos, Georgios & Sheiham, Aubrey & Ryu, Jae-In & Watt, Richard G.
- 1789-1798 The knowledge, education and behaviour of young people with regard to Chlamydia trachomatis in Aarhus, Denmark and Bonn, Germany: Do prevention concepts matter?
by Lengen, Charis & Jäger, Sabine & Kistemann, Thomas
- 1799-1805 Are children and adolescents less active if parents restrict their physical activity and active transport due to perceived risk?
by Carver, Alison & Timperio, Anna & Hesketh, Kylie & Crawford, David
- 1806-1815 Local environments as determinants of walking in Melbourne, Australia
by Bentley, Rebecca & Jolley, Damien & Kavanagh, Anne Marie
- 1816-1824 Do working mothers raise couch potato kids? Maternal employment and children's lifestyle behaviours and weight in early childhood
by Brown, Judith E. & Broom, Dorothy H. & Nicholson, Jan M. & Bittman, Michael
- 1825-1831 The adaptive role of perceived control before and after cancer diagnosis: A prospective study
by Ranchor, Adelita V. & Wardle, Jane & Steptoe, Andrew & Henselmans, Inge & Ormel, Johan & Sanderman, Robbert
- 1832-1839 The impact of subjective and objective social status on psychological distress among men and women in Japan
by Sakurai, Keiko & Kawakami, Norito & Yamaoka, Kazue & Ishikawa, Hirono & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 1840-1846 The protective effects of civic communities against all-cause mortality
by Lee, Matthew R.
- 1847-1857 Fertility history and cause-specific mortality: A register-based analysis of complete cohorts of Norwegian women and men
by Grundy, Emily & Kravdal, Øystein
- 1858-1864 Alcohol use and social interactions among adolescents in Sweden: Do peer effects exist within and/or between the majority population and immigrants?
by Svensson, Mikael
- 1866-1866 Call for papers: Sociology of diagnosis: Negotiation, mediation and contingency
by Jutel, Annemarie & Nettleton, Sarah
2010, Volume 70, Issue 10
- 1467-1474 Schools as social complex adaptive systems: A new way to understand the challenges of introducing the health promoting schools concept
by Keshavarz, Nastaran & Nutbeam, Don & Rowling, Louise & Khavarpour, Freidoon
- 1475-1477 Approaching complexity: A commentary on Keshavarz, Nutbeam, Rowling and Khavarpour
by Haggis, Tamsin
- 1478-1479 Social complex adaptive systems. A response to Haggis
by Keshavarz, Nastaran & Nutbeam, Don & Rowling, Louise
- 1480-1486 Timing of retirement and mortality - A cohort study of Swedish construction workers
by Hult, Carl & Stattin, Mikael & Janlert, Urban & Järvholm, Bengt
- 1487-1488 Do disability pensioners have a higher mortality rate than non-pensioners? Adjusting for potential confounding: A commentary on Hult, Stattin, Janlert and Järvholm
by Wallman, Thorne & Svärdsudd, Kurt
- 1489-1491 Comparing mortality rates and recognizing health selection bias: A response to Wallman and Svärdsudd
by Hult, Carl & Stattin, Mikael & Janlert, Urban & Järvholm, Bengt
- 1492-1500 Translating evidence into practice: A shared priority in public health?
by McAneney, H. & McCann, J.F. & Prior, L. & Wilde, J. & Kee, F.
- 1501-1508 Using the life course perspective to study the entry into the illness trajectory: The perspective of caregivers of people with Alzheimer's disease
by Carpentier, Normand & Bernard, Paul & Grenier, Amanda & Guberman, Nancy
- 1509-1517 Disseminating educational innovations in health care practice: Training versus social networks
by Jippes, Erik & Achterkamp, Marjolein C. & Brand, Paul L.P. & Kiewiet, Derk Jan & Pols, Jan & van Engelen, Jo M.L.
- 1518-1526 "It all depends": Conceptualizing public involvement in the context of health technology assessment agencies
by Gauvin, Francois-Pierre & Abelson, Julia & Giacomini, Mita & Eyles, John & Lavis, John N.
- 1527-1535 The effect of a public health card program on the supply of health care
by Johar, Meliyanni
- 1536-1543 Understanding the impact of economic evidence on clinical decision making: A discrete choice experiment in cardiology
by Torbica, Aleksandra & Fattore, Giovanni
- 1544-1549 Dramatic increase of Cesarean deliveries in the midst of health reforms in rural China
by Bogg, Lennart & Huang, Kun & Long, Qian & Shen, Yuan & Hemminki, Elina
- 1550-1557 Social disparities and cause-specific mortality during economic development
by Mary Schooling, C. & Lau, Elaine W.L. & Tin, Keith Y.K. & Leung, Gabriel M.
- 1558-1566 Socioeconomic and behavioral risk factors for mortality in a national 19-year prospective study of U.S. adults
by Lantz, Paula M. & Golberstein, Ezra & House, James S. & Morenoff, Jeffrey
- 1567-1573 Economic models of the family and the relationship between economic status and health
by Tipper, Adam
- 1574-1580 Difficulty of healthy eating: A Rasch model approach
by Henson, Spencer & Blandon, Jose & Cranfield, John
- 1581-1589 The cost of sickness: On the effect of the duration of sick leave on post-sick leave earnings
by Andersen, Signe Hald
- 1590-1598 Does variation in general practitioner (GP) practice matter for the length of sick leave? A multilevel analysis based on Norwegian GP-patient data
by Aakvik, Arild & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kamrul Islam, M.
- 1599-1608 Listen carefully: The risk of error in spoken medication orders
by Lambert, Bruce L. & Dickey, Laura Walsh & Fisher, William M. & Gibbons, Robert D. & Lin, Swu-Jane & Luce, Paul A. & McLennan, Conor T. & Senders, John W. & Yu, Clement T.
- 1609-1617 Effects of organizational justice on depressive symptoms and sickness absence: A longitudinal perspective
by Ybema, Jan F. & van den Bos, Kees
- 1618-1625 Using theory to synthesise evidence from behaviour change interventions: The example of audit and feedback
by Gardner, Benjamin & Whittington, Craig & McAteer, John & Eccles, Martin P. & Michie, Susan
- 1626-1632 Suicide prevention by limiting access to methods: A review of theory and practice
by Florentine, Julia Buus & Crane, Catherine
- 1633-1640 Spiritual therapeutic landscapes and healing: A case study of St. Anne de Beaupre, Quebec, Canada
by Williams, Allison
- 1641-1647 "He's a good-looking chap aint he?": Narrative and visualisations of self in body dysmorphic disorder
by Silver, Joanna & Reavey, Paula
- 1648-1655 Group-based citizenship in the acceptance of indoor residual spraying (IRS) for malaria control in Mozambique
by Montgomery, Catherine M. & Munguambe, Khátia & Pool, Robert
- 1656-1664 Don't let the suffering make you fade away: An ethnographic study of resilience among survivors of genocide-rape in southern Rwanda
by Zraly, Maggie & Nyirazinyoye, Laetitia
2010, Volume 70, Issue 9
- 1263-1270 Suppression of racial disparities for children with special health care needs among families receiving Medicaid
by Rose, Roderick A. & Parish, Susan L. & Yoo, Joan & Grady, Melissa D. & Powell, Sarah E. & Hicks-Sangster, Tamara K.
- 1271-1273 Medicaid and racial disparities in health: The issue of causality. A commentary on Rose etÂ al
by Michael Foster, E.
- 1274-1276 Observation, correlation and policy analysis: A response to Foster
by Rose, Roderick A. & Parish, Susan L. & Yoo, Joan P.
- 1277-1284 Genotype-environment interaction and sociology: Contributions and complexities
by Seabrook, Jamie A. & Avison, William R.
- 1285-1294 Theorising big IT programmes in healthcare: Strong structuration theory meets actor-network theory
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Stones, Rob
- 1295-1300 Are cancer registries unconstitutional?
by McLaughlin, Robert H. & Clarke, Christina A. & Crawley, LaVera M. & Glaser, Sally L.
- 1301-1308 Defining near misses: Towards a sharpened definition based on empirical data about error handling processes
by Kessels-Habraken, Marieke & Van der Schaaf, Tjerk & De Jonge, Jan & Rutte, Christel
- 1309-1316 Prospective risk analysis prior to retrospective incident reporting and analysis as a means to enhance incident reporting behaviour: A quasi-experimental field study
by Kessels-Habraken, Marieke & De Jonge, Jan & Van der Schaaf, Tjerk & Rutte, Christel
- 1317-1325 Preferences for long-term care services: Willingness to pay estimates derived from a discrete choice experiment
by Nieboer, Anna P. & Koolman, Xander & Stolk, Elly A.
- 1326-1334 Spanning the know-do gap: Understanding knowledge application and capacity in long-term care homes
by Berta, Whitney & Teare, Gary F. & Gilbart, Erin & Ginsburg, Liane S. & Lemieux-Charles, Louise & Davis, Dave & Rappolt, Susan
- 1335-1341 In search of 'low health literacy': Threshold vs. gradient effect of literacy on health status and mortality
by Wolf, Michael S. & Feinglass, Joseph & Thompson, Jason & Baker, David W.
- 1342-1349 Development of a Deprivation Index and its relation to premature mortality due to diseases of the circulatory system in Hungary, 1998-2004
by Juhász, Attila & Nagy, Csilla & Páldy, Anna & Beale, Linda
- 1350-1357 National independence, women's political participation, and life expectancy in Norway
by Nobles, Jenna & Brown, Ryan & Catalano, Ralph
- 1358-1366 Income inequality, perceived happiness, and self-rated health: Evidence from nationwide surveys in Japan
by Oshio, Takashi & Kobayashi, Miki
- 1367-1372 Does low workplace social capital have detrimental effect on workers' health?
by Suzuki, Etsuji & Takao, Soshi & Subramanian, S.V. & Komatsu, Hirokazu & Doi, Hiroyuki & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1373-1380 Racial and social class gradients in life expectancy in contemporary California
by Clarke, Christina A. & Miller, Tim & Chang, Ellen T. & Yin, Daixin & Cockburn, Myles & Gomez, Scarlett L.
- 1381-1390 Sense of community and its relationship with walking and neighborhood design
by Wood, Lisa & Frank, Lawrence D. & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 1391-1395 Deprivation amplification and health promoting resources in the context of a poor country
by Nogueira, Helena Guilhermina
- 1396-1403 Cancer-related health behaviours and health service use among Inuit and other residents of Canada's north
by McDonald, James Ted & Trenholm, Ryan
- 1404-1415 Partner abuse or violence, parenting and neighborhood influences on children's behavioral problems
by O'Campo, Patricia & Caughy, Margaret O. & Nettles, Saundra M.
- 1416-1422 Violence victimization among Finnish university students: Prevalence, symptoms and healthcare usage
by Björklund, Katja & Häkkänen-Nyholm, Helinä & Huttunen, Teppo & Kunttu, Kristina
- 1423-1440 Can preschool improve child health outcomes? A systematic review
by D'Onise, Katina & Lynch, John W. & Sawyer, Michael G. & McDermott, Robyn A.
- 1441-1449 Using stories to battle unintentional injuries: Narratives in safety and health communication
by Ricketts, Mitch & Shanteau, James & McSpadden, Breeanna & Fernandez-Medina, Kristen M.
- 1450-1457 Food insecurity and mental health: Surprising trends among community health volunteers in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia during the 2008 food crisis
by Maes, Kenneth C. & Hadley, Craig & Tesfaye, Fikru & Shifferaw, Selamawit
- 1458-1465 Credit where credit is due? Regulation, research integrity and the attribution of authorship in the health sciences
by Street, Jackie M. & Rogers, Wendy A. & Israel, Mark & Braunack-Mayer, Annette J.
2010, Volume 70, Issue 8
- 1111-1118 Mental health disparities research: The impact of within and between group analyses on tests of social stress hypotheses
by Schwartz, Sharon & Meyer, Ilan H.
- 1119-1120 Health disparities and the stress hypothesis: A commentary on Schwartz and Meyer
by Turner, R. Jay
- 1121-1122 Reflections on the stress model: A response to Turner
by Schwartz, Sharon & Meyer, Ilan H.
- 1123-1130 Beer is the cattle of women: Sorghum beer commercialization and dietary intake of agropastoral families in Karamoja, Uganda
by Dancause, Kelsey Needham & Akol, Helen A. & Gray, Sandra J.
- 1131-1140 The numbers, educational status and health of enrolled and non-enrolled school-age children in the Allai Valley, Northwest Frontier Province, Pakistan
by Hall, Andrew & Kirby, Helen
- 1141-1147 Understanding factors influencing substance use in people with recent onset psychosis: A qualitative study
by Lobbana, Fiona & Barrowclough, Christine & Jeffery, Sophie & Bucci, Sandra & Taylor, Katherine & Mallinson, Sara & Fitzsimmons, Mike & Marshall, Max
- 1148-1154 Some unintended effects of teamwork in healthcare
by Finn, Rachael & Learmonth, Mark & Reedy, Patrick
- 1155-1158 Differential patient-caregiver opinions of treatment and care for advanced lung cancer patients
by Zhang, Amy Y. & Zyzanski, Stephen J. & Siminoff, Laura A.
- 1159-1165 Success in health information exchange projects: Solving the implementation puzzle
by Sicotte, Claude & Paré, Guy
- 1166-1170 End of life care policies: Do they make a difference in practice?
by Goodridge, Donna
- 1171-1175 Co-operation between patient organisations and the drug industry in Finland
by Hemminki, Elina & Toiviainen, Hanna K. & Vuorenkoski, Lauri
- 1176-1184 Is the "practice style" hypothesis relevant for general practitioners? An analysis of antibiotics prescription for acute rhinopharyngitis
by Mousquès, Julien & Renaud, Thomas & Scemama, Olivier
- 1185-1193 Decomposing cross-country differences in levels of obesity and overweight: Does the social environment matter?
by Font, Joan Costa & Fabbri, Daniele & Gil, Joan
- 1194-1202 Individual, family, and area predictors of BMI and BMI change in an adult Norwegian population: Findings from the HUNT study
by Sund, Erik Reidar & Jones, Andy & Midthjell, Kristian
- 1203-1210 Green space as a buffer between stressful life events and health
by van den Berg, Agnes E. & Maas, Jolanda & Verheij, Robert A. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 1211-1218 The association between heart disease mortality and geographic access to hospitals: County level comparisons in Ohio, USA
by Yamashita, Takashi & Kunkel, Suzanne R.
- 1219-1228 "My health has improved because I always have everything I need here...": A qualitative exploration of health improvement and decline among immigrants
by Dean, Jennifer Asanin & Wilson, Kathi
- 1229-1236 Lifecourse socioeconomic trajectories and C-reactive protein levels in young adults: Findings from a Brazilian birth cohort
by Nazmi, Aydin & Oliveira, Isabel O. & Horta, Bernardo L. & Gigante, Denise P. & Victora, Cesar G.
- 1237-1245 Conflict between the work and family domains and exhaustion among vocationally active men and women
by Canivet, Catarina & Östergren, Per-Olof & Lindeberg, Sara I. & Choi, BongKyoo & Karasek, Robert & Moghaddassi, Mahnaz & Isacsson, Sven-Olof
- 1246-1253 The relative importance of family socioeconomic status and school-based peer hierarchies for morning cortisol in youth: An exporatory study
by West, Patrick & Sweeting, Helen & Young, Robert & Kelly, Shona
- 1254-1261 Socioeconomic inequalities in suicidal ideation, parasuicides, and completed suicides in South Korea
by Kim, Myoung-Hee & Jung-Choi, Kyunghee & Jun, Hee-Jin & Kawachi, Ichiro
2010, Volume 70, Issue 7
- 961-968 Methuselah's medicine: Pharmaceutical innovation and mortality in the United States, 1960-2000
by Schnittker, Jason & Karandinos, George
- 969-971 Pharmaceutical innovation and mortality in the United States, 1960-2000. A commentary on Schnittker and Karandinos
by Lichtenberg, Frank
- 972-973 Pharmaceutical innovation: Can we live forever? A commentary on Schnittker and Karandinos
by Lexchin, Joel
- 974-975 Between two extremes: A response to Lichtenberg and Lexchin
by Schnittker, Jason
- 976-984 Parents, teachers and peer relations as predictors of risk behaviors and mental well-being among immigrant and Israeli born adolescents
by Walsh, Sophie D. & Harel-Fisch, Yossi & Fogel-Grinvald, Haya
- 985-993 Being treated differently: Stigma experiences with family, peers, and school staff among adolescents with mental health disorders
by Moses, Tally
- 994-1001 "Are we moving again this week?" Children's experiences of homelessness in Victoria, Australia
by Kirkman, Maggie & Keys, Deborah & Bodzak, Daria & Turner, Alina
- 1002-1010 The psychological effect of orphanhood in a matured HIV epidemic: An analysis of young people in Mukono, Uganda
by Kaggwa, Esther B. & Hindin, Michelle J.
- 1011-1018 Formal and informal help-seeking associated with women's and men's experiences of intimate partner violence in Canada
by Ansara, Donna L. & Hindin, Michelle J.
- 1019-1025 Who proficts from visual aids: Overcoming challenges in people's understanding of risks
by Garcia-Retamero, Rocio & Galesic, Mirta
- 1026-1034 What policies and policy processes are needed to ensure that people with psychiatric disabilities have access to appropriate housing?
by Battams, Samantha & Baum, Fran
- 1035-1041 Which carers of family members at the end of life need more support from health services and why?
by McNamara, Beverley & Rosenwax, Lorna
- 1042-1049 More of the same? Conflicting perspectives of obesity causation and intervention amongst overweight people, health professionals and policy makers
by Greener, Joe & Douglas, Flora & van Teijlingen, Edwin
- 1050-1058 Functional declines, social support, and mental health in the elderly: Does living in a state supportive of home and community-based services make a difference?
by Muramatsu, Naoko & Yin, Hongjun & Hedeker, Donald
- 1059-1069 Community attachment, neighborhood context, and sex worker use among Hispanic migrants in Durham, North Carolina, USA
by Parrado, Emilio A. & Flippen, Chenoa
- 1070-1076 Perceived and objective neighborhood environment attributes and health related quality of life among the elderly in Bogotá, Colombia
by Parra, Diana C. & Gomez, Luis F. & Sarmiento, Olga L. & Buchner, David & Brownson, Ross & Schimd, Thomas & Gomez, Viviola & Lobelo, Felipe
- 1077-1083 "If he gives in, he will be gone...": The influence of work and place on experiences, reactions and self-care of heart failure in rural Canada
by Freydberg, Nicole & Strain, Laurel & Tsuyuki, Ross T. & McAlister, Finlay A. & Clark, Alexander M.
- 1084-1090 Framing disease: The example of female hypoactive sexual desire disorder
by Jutel, Annemarie
- 1091-1099 Racial discrimination and health: A systematic review of scales with a focus on their psychometric properties
by Bastos, Joao Luiz & Celeste, Roger Keller & Faerstein, Eduardo & Barros, Aluisio J.D.
- 1100-1108 What is a cohort effect? Comparison of three statistical methods for modeling cohort effects in obesity prevalence in the United States, 1971-2006
by Keyes, Katherine M. & Utz, Rebecca L. & Robinson, Whitney & Li, Guohua
2010, Volume 70, Issue 6
- 795-799 Smoking, stigma and tobacco 'denormalization': Further reflections on the use of stigma as a public health tool. A commentary on Social Science & Medicine's Stigma, Prejudice, Discrimination and Health Special Issue (67: 3)
by Bell, Kirsten & Salmon, Amy & Bowers, Michele & Bell, Jennifer & McCullough, Lucy
- 800-801 Stigma and the ethics of public health redux: A response to Bell et al
by Bayer, Ronald
- 802-812 Can patient self-management explain the health gradient? Goldman and Smith's "Can patient self-management help explain the SES health gradient?" (2002) revisited
by Maitra, Sudeshna
- 813-815 Can patient self-management explain the health gradient? revisited: A response to Maitra
by Smith, James Patrick & Goldman, Dana
- 816-822 The relationship of physical activity and overweight to objectively measured green space accessibility and use
by Coombes, Emma & Jones, Andrew P. & Hillsdon, Melvyn
- 823-833 Socio-spatial patterns of neighborhood effects on adult obesity in Taiwan: A multi-level model
by Chen, Duan-Rung & Wen, Tzai-Hung
- 834-843 Intergenerational 'mismatch' and adiposity in a developing population: The Guangzhou biobank cohort study
by Kavikondala, Sushma & Jiang, Chao Qiang & Zhang, Wei Sen & Cheng, Kar Keung & Lam, Tai Hing & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C. Mary
- 844-849 Self-reported hypertension prevalence and income among older adults in Canada and the United States
by Kaplan, Mark S. & Huguet, Nathalie & Feeny, David H. & McFarland, Bentson H.
- 850-858 School differences in adolescent health and wellbeing: Findings from the Canadian Health Behaviour in School-aged Children Study
by Saab, Hana & Klinger, Don
- 859-866 Socio-spatial stigmatization and the contested space of addiction treatment: Remapping strategies of opposition to the disorder of drugs
by Smith, Christopher B.R.
- 867-874 Job insecurity and health: A study of 16 European countries
by László, Krisztina D. & Pikhart, Hynek & Kopp, Mária S. & Bobak, Martin & Pajak, Andrzej & Malyutina, Sofia & Salavecz, Gyöngyvér & Marmot, Michael
- 875-885 Income inequality and health: Importance of a cross-country perspective
by Karlsson, Martin & Nilsson, Therese & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Leeson, George
- 886-895 Gender and health outcomes: The impact of healthcare systems and their financing on life expectancies of women and men
by Asiskovitch, Sharon
- 896-903 An innovative participatory method for newly democratic societies: The "civic groups forum" on national health insurance reform in Taiwan
by Deng, Chung-Yeh & Wu, Chia-Ling
- 904-911 The contribution of primary care to health and health systems in low- and middle-income countries: A critical review of major primary care initiatives
by Kruk, Margaret Elizabeth & Porignon, Denis & Rockers, Peter C. & Van Lerberghe, Wim
- 912-920 Health inequalities between lone and couple mothers and policy under different welfare regimes - The example of Italy, Sweden and Britain
by Burstrom, Bo & Whitehead, Margaret & Clayton, Stephen & Fritzell, Sara & Vannoni, Francesca & Costa, Giuseppe
- 921-925 Disability pension as predictor of later use of benzodiazepines among benzodiazepine users
by Hartz, Ingeborg & Tverdal, Aage & Skille, Eivind & Skurtveit, Svetlana
- 926-933 Public accountability of newborn screening: Collective knowing and deciding
by Wieser, Bernhard
- 934-941 'A pill for every ill': Explaining the expansion in medicine use
by Busfield, Joan
- 942-950 Newsprint media representations of the introduction of the HPV vaccination programme for cervical cancer prevention in the UK (2005-2008)
by Hilton, Shona & Hunt, Kate & Langan, Mairi & Bedford, Helen & Petticrew, Mark
- 951-958 Moral work in women's narratives of breastfeeding
by Ryan, Kath & Bissell, Paul & Alexander, Jo
2010, Volume 70, Issue 5
- 643-647 Prohibiting or 'managing' conflict of interest? A review of policies and procedures in three European drug regulation agencies
by Lexchin, Joel & O'Donovan, Orla
- 648-651 On the prohibition of conflicts of interest in pharmaceutical regulation: Precautionary limits and permissive challenges. A commentary on Sismondo (66:9, 2008, 1909-14) and O'Donovan and Lexchin
by Abraham, John
- 652-654 A commentary on Marja Jylhä's "What is self-rated health and why does it predict mortality? Towards a unified conceptual model"(69:3, 2009, 307-316)
by Huisman, Martijn & Deeg, Dorly J.H.
- 655-657 Self-rated health between psychology and biology. A response to Huisman and Deeg
by Jylhä, Marja
- 658-667 Kids in the atrium: Comparing architectural intentions and children's experiences in a pediatric hospital lobby
by Adams, Annmarie & Theodore, David & Goldenberg, Ellie & McLaren, Coralee & McKeever, Patricia
- 668-676 Conceptualizing the healthscape: Contributions of time geography, location technologies and spatial ecology to place and health research
by Rainham, Daniel & McDowell, Ian & Krewski, Daniel & Sawada, Mike
- 677-683 Acculturative and neighborhood influences on subjective social status among Spanish-speaking Latino immigrant smokers
by Reitzel, Lorraine R. & Mazas, Carlos A. & Cofta-Woerpel, Ludmila & Vidrine, Jennifer I. & Businelle, Michael S. & Kendzor, Darla E. & Li, Yisheng & Cao, Yumei & Wetter, David W.
- 684-691 Race disparities in low birth weight in the U.S. south and the rest of the nation
by Nepomnyaschy, Lenna
- 692-699 Perceived social position and health: Is there a reciprocal relationship?
by Garbarski, Dana
- 700-710 The impact of changes in different aspects of social capital and material conditions on self-rated health over time: A longitudinal cohort study
by Giordano, Giuseppe N. & Lindstrom, Martin
- 711-719 The sports and exercise life-course: A survival analysis of recall data from Ireland
by Lunn, Peter D.
- 720-728 Relative deprivation and mortality in South Africa
by Salti, Nisreen
- 729-735 'Secrets' that kill: Crisis, custodianship and responsibility in ritual male circumcision in the Eastern Cape Province, South Africa
by Kepe, Thembela
- 736-743 'Experts', 'partners' and 'fools': Exploring agency in HIV treatment seeking among African migrants in London
by Thomas, Felicity & Aggleton, Peter & Anderson, Jane
- 744-753 Negotiating the boundary between medicine and consumer culture: Online marketing of nutrigenetic tests
by Saukko, Paula M. & Reed, Matthew & Britten, Nicky & Hogarth, Stuart
- 754-762 Patients' narrative accounts of open-heart surgery and recovery: Authorial voice of technology
by Lapum, Jennifer & Angus, Jan E. & Peter, Elizabeth & Watt-Watson, Judy
- 763-768 Interpersonal perception in the context of doctor-patient relationships: A dyadic analysis of doctor-patient communication
by Kenny, David A. & Veldhuijzen, Wemke & Weijden, Trudy van der & LeBlanc, Annie & Lockyer, Jocelyn & Légaré, France & Campbell, Craig
- 769-778 Why do interventions work in some places and not others: A breastfeeding support group trial
by Hoddinott, Pat & Britten, Jane & Pill, Roisin
- 779-786 Network resilience in the face of health system reform
by Sheaff, Rod & Benson, Lawrence & Farbus, Lou & Schofield, Jill & Mannion, Russell & Reeves, David
- 787-793 Perceived justice and popular support for public health laws: A case study around comprehensive smoke-free legislation in Mexico City
by Thrasher, James F. & Besley, John C. & González, Wendy
2010, Volume 70, Issue 4
- 493-495 Relative deprivation theory does not imply a contextual effect of country-level inequality on poor health. A commentary on Jen, Jones, and Johnston (68:4, 2009)
by Bernburg, Jon Gunnar
- 496-497 Re-evaluating self-evaluation. A commentary on Jen, Jones, and Johnston (68:4, 2009)
by Barford, Anna & Dorling, Danny & Pickett, Kate
- 498-500 On inequality and health, again: A response to Bernburg, and Barford, Dorling and Pickett
by Johnston, Ron & Jen, Min-Hua & Jones, Kelvyn
- 501-508 Long-stay inpatients in short-term emergency units in France: A case study
by Gansel, Yannis & Danet, François & Rauscher, Catherine
- 509-510 Long-stay inpatients in short-term emergency units in France. A commentary on Gansel, Danet, and Rauscher
by Zussman, Robert
- 511-517 The dynamic interaction of quality and efficiency in the emergency department: Squaring the circle?
by Nugus, Peter & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 518-525 The consequence of encouraging girls to be active for weight loss
by Davison, Kirsten Krahnstoever & Deane, Glenn D.
- 526-533 How does violence exposure affect the psychological health and parenting of young African-American mothers?
by Mitchell, Stephanie J. & Lewin, Amy & Horn, Ivor B. & Valentine, Dawn & Sanders-Phillips, Kathy & Joseph, Jill G.
- 534-542 Predictors of risk of alcohol-exposed pregnancies among women in an urban and a rural area of South Africa
by Morojele, Neo K. & London, Leslie & Olorunju, Steve A. & Matjila, Maila J. & Davids, Adlai S. & Rendall-Mkosi, Kirstie M.
- 543-549 Contribution of interaction with family, friends and neighbours, and sense of neighbourhood attachment to survival in senior citizens: 5-year follow-up study
by Morita, Ayako & Takano, Takehito & Nakamura, Keiko & Kizuki, Masashi & Seino, Kaoruko
- 550-560 Another Mexican birthweight paradox? The role of residential enclaves and neighborhood poverty in the birthweight of Mexican-origin infants
by Osypuk, Theresa L. & Bates, Lisa M. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores
- 561-569 Education and self-rated health: An individual and neighborhood level analysis ofÂ Asian Americans, Hawaiians, and Caucasians in Hawaii
by Zhang, Wei & McCubbin, Hamilton & McCubbin, Laurie & Chen, Qi & Foley, Shirley & Strom, Ida & Kehl, Lisa
- 570-574 Self-rated health and sickness-related absence: The modifying role of civic participation
by Lancee, Bram & ter Hoeven, Claartje L.
- 575-581 Associations between IQ and cigarette smoking among Swedish male twins
by Wennerstad, Karin Modig & Silventoinen, Karri & Tynelius, Per & Bergman, Lars & Kaprio, Jaakko & Rasmussen, Finn
- 582-587 Lifecourse influences on women's smoking before, during and after pregnancy
by Graham, Hilary & Hawkins, Summer Sherburne & Law, Catherine
- 588-596 Social capital and health in Australia: An overview from the household, income and labour dynamics in Australia survey
by Berry, Helen Louise & Welsh, Jennifer A.
- 597-604 'Rules' for boys, 'guidelines' for girls: Gender differences in symptom reporting during childhood and adolescence
by MacLean, Alice & Sweeting, Helen & Hunt, Kate
- 605-608 Encounters with unemployment in occupational health care: Nurses' constructions of clients without work
by Romppainen, Katri & Jähi, Rita & Saloniemi, Antti & Virtanen, Pekka
- 609-615 Perceptions of the gift relationship in organ and tissue donation: Views of intensivists and donor and recipient coordinators
by Shaw, Rhonda
- 616-622 Physicians' psychosocial barriers to different modes of withdrawal of life support in critical care: A qualitative study in Japan
by Aita, Kaoruko & Kai, Ichiro
- 623-630 A changing landscape for advance directives in dementia research
by Pierce, Robin
- 631-641 Employment change and the role of the medical home for married and single-mother families with children with special health care needs
by DeRigne, LeaAnne & Porterfield, Shirley
2010, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 337-341 Factors influencing the effectiveness of interventions to reduce racial and ethnic disparities in health care
by Jones, Rhys G. & Trivedi, Amal N. & Ayanian, John Z.
- 342-350 A systematic grounded approach to the development of complex interventions: The Australian WorkHealth Program - Arthritis as a case study
by Reavley, Nicola & Livingston, Jenni & Buchbinder, Rachelle & Bennell, Kim & Stecki, Chris & Osborne, Richard Harry
- 351-359 Resources and obstacles to developing and implementing a structural intervention to prevent HIV in San Salvador, El Salvador
by Dickson-Gomez, Julia & Corbett, A. Michelle & Bodnar, Gloria & Rodriguez, Karla & Guevara, Carmen E.
- 360-367 An assessment of community readiness for HIV/AIDS preventive interventions in rural Bangladesh
by Aboud, Frances & Huq, Nafisa Lira & Larson, Charles P. & Ottisova, Livia
- 368-374 Stigma rises despite antiretroviral roll-out: A longitudinal analysis in South Africa
by Maughan-Brown, Brendan
- 375-382 The transition to living with HIV as a chronic condition in rural Uganda: Working to create order and control when on antiretroviral therapy
by Russell, Steven & Seeley, Janet
- 383-391 Three kinds of psychological determinants for hand-washing behaviour in Kenya
by Aunger, Robert & Schmidt, Wolf-Peter & Ranpura, Ashish & Coombes, Yolande & Maina, Peninnah Mukiri & Matiko, Carol Nkatha & Curtis, Valerie
- 392-400 A cross cultural study of vaginal practices and sexuality: Implications for sexual health
by Martin Hilber, Adriane & Hull, Terence H. & Preston-Whyte, Eleanor & Bagnol, Brigitte & Smit, Jenni & Wacharasin, Chintana & Widyantoro, Ninuk
- 401-411 Morbidity and mortality disparities among colonist and indigenous populations in the Ecuadorian Amazon
by Kuang-Yao Pan, William & Erlien, Christine & Bilsborrow, Richard E.
- 412-419 Rural-urban migration and health: Evidence from longitudinal data in Indonesia
by Lu, Yao
- 420-427 Early life circumstances and male suicide - A 30-year follow-up of a Stockholm cohort born in 1953
by Rojas, Yerko & Stenberg, Sten-Åke
- 428-438 Socioeconomic differences in health over the life cycle in an Egalitarian country
by van Kippersluis, Hans & O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Van Ourti, Tom
- 439-446 Productivity growth in outpatient child and adolescent mental health services: The impact of case-mix adjustment
by Halsteinli, Vidar & Kittelsen, Sverre A. & Magnussen, Jon
- 447-454 Using economic levers to change behaviour: The case of Thailand's universal coverage health care reforms
by Hughes, David & Leethongdee, Songkramchai & Osiri, Sunantha
- 455-464 Informative inducement: Study payment as a signal of risk
by Cryder, Cynthia E. & John London, Alex & Volpp, Kevin G. & Loewenstein, George
- 465-472 Subjective unmet need and utilization of health care services in Canada: What are the equity implications?
by Allin, Sara & Grignon, Michel & Le Grand, Julian
- 473-478 Developing a longitudinal database of routinely recorded primary care consultations linked to service use and outcome data
by Williams, Brian & Dowell, Jon & Humphris, Gerry & Themessl-Huber, Markus & Rushmer, Rosemary & Ricketts, Ian & Boyle, Paul & Sullivan, Frank
- 479-484 Which patients improve: Characteristics increasing sensitivity to a supportive patient-practitioner relationship
by Conboy, Lisa Ann & Macklin, Eric & Kelley, John & Kokkotou, Efi & Lembo, Anthony & Kaptchuk, Ted
- 485-492 Internet-based trials and the creation of health consumers
by Advocat, Jenny & Lindsay, Jo
2010, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 169-174 From a different angle: A novel approach to health valuation
by Craig, Benjamin M. & Oppe, Mark
- 175-182 On health insurance and household decisions: A treatment effect analysis
by Koch, Steven & Alaba, Olufunke
- 183-190 Effects of simplifying choice tasks on estimates of taste heterogeneity in stated-choice surveys
by Johnson, F. Reed & Ozdemir, Semra & Phillips, Kathryn A.
- 191-198 Managed care and measuring medical outcomes: Did the rise of HMOs contribute to the fall in the autopsy rate?
by Harrington, David E. & Sayre, Edward A.
- 199-208 Prioritization and patients' rights: Analysing the effect of a reform in the Norwegian hospital sector
by Askildsen, Jan Erik & Holmås, Tor Helge & Kaarboe, Oddvar
- 209-216 Do guidelines create uniformity in medical practice?
by de Jong, Judith D. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Spreeuwenberg, Peter & Schellevis, François & Westert, Gert P.
- 217-220 "Broad" consent, exceptions to consent and the question of using biological samples for research purposes different from the initial collection purpose
by Petrini, Carlo
- 221-231 More equal but heavier: A longitudinal analysis of income-related obesity inequalities in an adult Swedish cohort
by Ljungvall, Åsa & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.