Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
2009, Volume 68, Issue 8
- 1548-1551 Rethinking gender-based violence during war: Is violence against civilian men a problem worth addressing?
by Linos, Natalia
- 1552-1560 Illegality as risk factor: A survey of unauthorized migrant patients in a Berlin clinic
by Castañeda, Heide
2009, Volume 68, Issue 7
- 1191-1198 Reconfiguring or reproducing intra-professional boundaries? Specialist expertise, generalist knowledge and the 'modernization' of the medical workforce
by Martin, Graham P. & Currie, Graeme & Finn, Rachael
- 1199-1205 Rethinking collegiality: Restratification in English general medical practice 2004-2008
by McDonald, Ruth & Checkland, Kath & Harrison, Stephen & Coleman, Anna
- 1206-1212 Practice nurses and the effects of the new general practitioner contract in the English National Health Service: The extension of a professional project?
by McDonald, Ruth & Campbell, Stephen & Lester, Helen
- 1213-1220 A discourse analysis on how service providers in non-medical primary health and social care services understand their roles in mental health care
by Mitchell, Penelope Fay
- 1221-1228 The politics of interprofessional working and the struggle for professional autonomy in nursing
by Salhani, Daniel & Coulter, Ian
- 1229-1237 The opening phase of telemedicine consultations: An analysis of interaction
by Pappas, Yannis & Seale, Clive
- 1238-1246 The clinical encounter as local moral world: Shifts of assumptions and transformation in relational context
by Katz, Arlene M. & Alegría, Margarita
- 1247-1253 Childhood sexual abuse and adult binge drinking among Kanak women in New Caledonia
by Hamelin, Christine & Salomon, Christine & Sitta, Rémi & Gueguen, Alice & Cyr, Diane & Lert, France
- 1254-1262 The specter of post-communism: Women and alcohol in eight post-Soviet states
by Hinote, Brian Philip & Cockerham, William C. & Abbott, Pamela
- 1263-1270 Social roles and alcohol consumption: A study of 10 industrialised countries
by Kuntsche, Sandra & Knibbe, Ronald A. & Gmel, Gerhard
- 1271-1278 Female ever-smoking, education, emancipation and economic development in 19 European countries
by Schaap, Maartje M. & Kunst, Anton E. & Leinsalu, Mall & Regidor, Enrique & Espelt, Albert & Ekholm, Ola & Helmert, Uwe & Klumbiene, Jurate & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 1279-1284 To what extent does socioeconomic status explain differences in health between Roma and non-Roma adolescents in Slovakia?
by Kolarcik, Peter & Geckova, Andrea Madarasova & Orosova, Olga & van Dijk, Jitse P. & Reijneveld, Sijmen A.
- 1285-1293 Neighborhood built environment and income: Examining multiple health outcomes
by Sallis, James F. & Saelens, Brian E. & Frank, Lawrence D. & Conway, Terry L. & Slymen, Donald J. & Cain, Kelli L. & Chapman, James E. & Kerr, Jacqueline
- 1294-1304 Pathways connecting neighborhood influences and mental well-being: Socioeconomic position and gender differences
by Burke, Jessica & O'Campo, Patricia & Salmon, Christina & Walker, Renee
- 1305-1314 Why have physical activity levels declined among Chinese adults? Findings from the 1991-2006 China health and nutrition surveys
by Ng, Shu Wen & Norton, Edward C. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 1315-1321 Famine, death, and madness: Schizophrenia in early adulthood after prenatal exposure to the Chinese Great Leap Forward Famine
by Song, Shige & Wang, Wei & Hu, Peifeng
- 1322-1331 Was the economic crisis 1997-1998 responsible for rising suicide rates in East/Southeast Asia? A time-trend analysis for Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Thailand
by Chang, Shu-Sen & Gunnell, David & Sterne, Jonathan A.C. & Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Cheng, Andrew T.A.
- 1332-1340 Community-based delivery of maternal care in conflict-affected areas of eastern Burma: Perspectives from lay maternal health workers
by Teela, Katherine C. & Mullany, Luke C. & Lee, Catherine I. & Poh, Eh & Paw, Palae & Masenior, Nicole & Maung, Cynthia & Beyrer, Chris & Lee, Thomas J.
- 1341-1348 Relationships between health and culture in Polynesia - A review
by Capstick, Stuart & Norris, Pauline & Sopoaga, Faafetai & Tobata, Wale
- 1349-1356 Understanding gendered influences on women's reproductive health in Pakistan: Moving beyond the autonomy paradigm
by Mumtaz, Zubia & Salway, Sarah
- 1357-1360 Reflecting and shaping the discourse: The role of music in AIDS communication in Tanzania
by Bastien, Sheri
2009, Volume 68, Issue 6
- 991-995 Animal-human connections, "one health," and the syndemic approach to prevention
by Rock, Melanie & Buntain, Bonnie J. & Hatfield, Jennifer M. & Hallgrímsson, Benedikt
- 996-999 Doorways in nature: Syndemics, zoonotics, and public health. A commentary on Rock, Buntain, Hatfield & Hallgrímsson
by Singer, Merrill C.
- 1000-1005 Counter design influences the privacy of patients in health care
by Mobach, Mark P.
- 1006-1012 Can the emotion of disgust be harnessed to promote hand hygiene? Experimental and field-based tests
by Porzig-Drummond, Renata & Stevenson, Richard & Case, Trevor & Oaten, Megan
- 1013-1020 Explaining socio-economic status differences in walking for transport: An ecological analysis of individual, social and environmental factors
by Cerin, Ester & Leslie, Eva & Owen, Neville
- 1021-1029 Modelling the effects of intimate partner violence and access to resources on women's health in the early years after leaving an abusive partner
by Ford-Gilboe, Marilyn & Wuest, Judith & Varcoe, Colleen & Davies, Lorraine & Merritt-Gray, Marilyn & Campbell, Jacquelyn & Wilk, Piotr
- 1030-1037 Video messaging: What works to persuade mothers to supervise young children more closely in order to reduce injury risk?
by Morrongiello, Barbara A. & Zdzieborski, Daniel & Sandomierski, Megan & Lasenby-Lessard, Jennifer
- 1038-1043 Peer-group support intervention improves the psychosocial well-being of AIDS orphans: Cluster randomized trial
by Kumakech, Edward & Cantor-Graae, Elizabeth & Maling, Samuel & Bajunirwe, Francis
- 1044-1049 Migration adversely affects antiretroviral adherence in a population-based cohort of HIV/AIDS patients
by Lima, Viviane & Fernandes, Kimberly & Rachlis, Beth & Druyts, Eric & Montaner, Julio & Hogg, Robert
- 1050-1059 Medical promise and the recalibration of expectation: Hope and HIV treatment engagement in a transitional setting
by Rhodes, Tim & Bernays, Sarah & Terzic, Katarina Jankovic
- 1060-1068 The effects of trust in physician on self-efficacy, adherence and diabetes outcomes
by Lee, Yin-Yang & Lin, Julia L.
- 1069-1074 Barriers to clinical research participation in a diabetes randomized clinical trial
by Robiner, William N. & Yozwiak, John A. & Bearman, Diane L. & Strand, Trudy D. & Strasburg, Katherine R.
- 1075-1081 Perceived occupational stress, affective, and physical well-being among telecommunication employees in Greece
by Lazuras, Lambros & Rodafinos, Angelos & Matsiggos, Georgios & Stamatoulakis, Alexander
- 1082-1090 The structuring of occupational stressors in a Post-Fordist work environment. Moving beyond traditional accounts of demand, control and support
by Vanroelen, Christophe & Levecque, Katia & Moors, Guy & Gadeyne, Sylvie & Louckx, Fred
- 1091-1097 Occupation and plasma fibrinogen in Japanese male and female workers: The Jichi Medical School Cohort study
by Hirokawa, Kumi & Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Kayaba, Kazunori
- 1098-1105 The spatial dimensions of neighborhood effects
by Spielman, Seth E. & Yoo, Eun-hye
- 1106-1113 Transitions in living arrangements of Canadian seniors: Findings from the NPHS longitudinal data
by Sarma, Sisira & Hawley, Gordon & Basu, Kisalaya
- 1114-1123 Length of life inequality around the globe
by Smits, Jeroen & Monden, Christiaan
- 1124-1128 Why do Italian people rate their health worse than French people do? An exploration of cross-country differentials of self-rated health
by Desesquelles, Aline F. & Egidi, Viviana & Salvatore, Michele A.
- 1129-1136 Public ideas and values concerning the commercialization of organ donation in four European countries
by Schweda, Mark & Schicktanz, Silke
- 1137-1144 The influence of institutional characteristics on length of stay for psychiatric patients: A national database study in South Korea
by Chung, Woojin & Cho, Woo Hyun & Yoon, Chung Won
- 1145-1152 Gender equity and health sector reform in Colombia: Mixed state-market model yields mixed results
by Ewig, Christina & Bello, Amparo Hernández
- 1153-1160 Bureaucratic Itineraries in Colombia. A theoretical and methodological tool to assess managed-care health care systems
by Abadia, Cesar Ernesto & Oviedo, Diana G.
- 1161-1168 'Workers', 'clients' and the struggle over needs: Understanding encounters between service providers and injecting drug users in an Australian city
by Moore, David
- 1169-1175 'Getting through' not 'going under': A qualitative study of gender and spousal support after diagnosis with colorectal cancer
by Emslie, Carol & Browne, Susan & MacLeod, Una & Rozmovits, Linda & Mitchell, Elizabeth & Ziebland, Sue
- 1176-1182 Searching for and making meaning after breast cancer: Prevalence, patterns, and negative affect
by Kernan, William David & Lepore, Stephen J.
- 1183-1190 "Race" and "ethnicity" in biomedical research: How do scientists construct and explain differences in health?
by Lee, Catherine
2009, Volume 68, Issue 5
- 791-798 Violence from parents in childhood and obesity in adulthood: Using food in response to stress as a mediator of risk
by Greenfield, Emily A. & Marks, Nadine F.
- 799-806 Childhood mistreatment and adolescent and young adult depression
by Fletcher, Jason M.
- 807-813 Racial and socioeconomic disparities in arterial stiffness and intima media thickness among adolescents
by Thurston, Rebecca C. & Matthews, Karen A.
- 814-823 Effects of neighborhood characteristics on the mortality of black male youth: Evidence from Gautreaux, Chicago
by Votruba, Mark Edward & Kling, Jeffrey R.
- 824-831 The worlds of homeless white and African American youth in San Francisco, California: A cultural epidemiological comparison
by Hickler, Benjamin & Auerswald, Colette L.
- 832-839 Barriers and facilitators related to mammography use among lower educated Mexican women in the USA
by Tejeda, Silvia & Thompson, Beti & Coronado, Gloria D. & Martin, Diane P.
- 840-844 Is perceived racial privilege associated with health? Findings from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System
by Fujishiro, Kaori
- 845-849 Studying the infant feeding intentions of pregnant women experiencing material deprivation: Methodology of the Looking at Infant Feeding Today (LIFT) study
by McMillan, Brian & Green, Josephine M. & Woolridge, Michael W. & Dyson, Lisa & Renfrew, Mary J. & Clarke, Graham P.
- 850-857 Mental health consequences of unintended childlessness and unplanned births: Gender differences and life course dynamics
by Maximova, Katerina & Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie
- 858-866 The contribution of material, psychosocial, and behavioral factors in explaining educational and occupational mortality inequalities in a nationally representative sample of South Koreans: Relative and absolute perspectives
by Khang, Young-Ho & Lynch, John W. & Yang, Seungmi & Harper, Sam & Yun, Sung-Cheol & Jung-Choi, Kyunghee & Kim, Hye Ryun
- 867-875 Urban/rural differences in body weight: Evidence for social selection and causation hypotheses in Finland
by Jokela, Markus & Kivimäki, Mika & Elovainio, Marko & Viikari, Jorma & Raitakari, Olli T. & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa
- 876-884 Community inequality and smoking cessation in New Zealand, 1981-2006
by Barnett, Ross & Pearce, Jamie & Moon, Graham
- 885-893 Building social capital in post-conflict communities: Evidence from Nicaragua
by Brune, Nancy E. & Bossert, Thomas
- 894-902 The relational underpinnings of quality internal auditing in medical clinics in Israel
by Carmeli, Abraham & Zisu, Malka
- 903-911 Mechanisms behind privatization: A case study of private growth in Swedish elderly care
by Stolt, Ragnar & Winblad, Ulrika
- 912-918 A double-edged sword? Health research and research governance in UK primary care
by Shaw, Sara E. & Petchey, Roland P. & Chapman, Jenifer & Abbott, Stephen
- 919-924 Chronic catastrophes: Exploring the concentration and sustained nature of ambulatory prescription drug expenditures in the population of British Columbia, Canada
by Hanley, Gillian E. & Morgan, Steve
- 925-932 Practitioner perspectives on tackling health inequalities: Findings from an evaluation of healthy living centres in Scotland
by Rankin, David & Backett-Milburn, Kathryn & Platt, Stephen
- 933-940 Determinants of performance failure in the nursing home industry
by Zinn, Jacqueline & Mor, Vincent & Feng, Zhanlian & Intrator, Orna
- 941-948 "HIV is irrelevant to our company": Everyday practices and the logic of relationships in HIV/AIDS management by Japanese multinational corporations in northern Thailand
by Michinobu, Ryoko
- 949-956 The emergence of global health partnerships as facilitators of access to medication in Africa: A narrative policy analysis
by Ngoasong, Michael Zisuh
- 957-964 "When in the body, it makes you look fat and HIV negative": The constitution of antiretroviral therapy in local discourse among youth in Kahe, Tanzania
by Ezekiel, Mangi Job & Talle, Aud & Juma, James M. & Klepp, Knut-Inge
- 965-970 The role of religion in HIV-positive women's disclosure experiences and coping strategies in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
by Maman, Suzanne & Cathcart, Rebecca & Burkhardt, Gillian & Omba, Serge & Behets, Frieda
- 971-979 Incontinence and trauma: Sexual violence, female genital cutting and proxy measures of gynecological fistula
by Peterman, Amber & Johnson, Kiersten
- 980-989 Diversity within: Deconstructing Aboriginal community health in Wikwemikong Unceded Indian Reserve
by Jacklin, Kristen
2009, Volume 68, Issue 4
- 591-592 Selected research from the XII International Symposium in Medical Geography, Bonn, July 2007: Introduction to the Special Issue
by Andrews, Gavin & Curtis, Sarah
- 593-600 Weighing the importance of neighbourhood: A multilevel exploration of the determinants of overweight and obesity
by Harrington, Daniel W. & Elliott, Susan J.
- 601-609 The link between local environment and obesity: A multilevel analysis in the Lisbon Metropolitan Area, Portugal
by Santana, Paula & Santos, Rita & Nogueira, Helena
- 610-619 Smoking cessation in England: Intentionality, anticipated ease of quitting and advice provision
by Twigg, Liz & Moon, Graham & Szatkowski, Lisa & Iggulden, Paul
- 620-624 The resurgence of tuberculosis in the Republic of Ireland: Perceptions and reality
by Pringle, Dennis
- 625-630 Is population mixing associated with childhood type 1 diabetes in Canterbury, New Zealand?
by Miller, Laura J. & Pearce, Jamie & Barnett, Ross & Willis, Jinny A. & Darlow, Brian A. & Scott, Russell S.
- 631-637 Spatial and environmental connectivity analysis in a cholera vaccine trial
by Emch, Michael & Ali, Mohammad & Root, Elisabeth D. & Yunus, Mohammad
- 638-642 Vulnerability to HIV/AIDS among women of reproductive age in the slums of Delhi and Hyderabad, India
by Ghosh, Jayati & Wadhwa, Vandana & Kalipeni, Ezekiel
- 643-653 Global variations in health: Evaluating Wilkinson's income inequality hypothesis using the World Values Survey
by Jen, Min Hua & Jones, Kelvyn & Johnston, Ron
- 654-663 Unravelling the extent of inequalities in health across urban and rural areas: Evidence from a national sample in England
by Riva, Mylene & Curtis, Sarah & Gauvin, Lise & Fagg, James
- 664-671 Older people and their social spaces: A study of well-being and attachment to place in Aotearoa New Zealand
by Wiles, Janine L. & Allen, Ruth E.S. & Palmer, Anthea J. & Hayman, Karen J. & Keeling, Sally & Kerse, Ngaire
- 672-681 Actor modelling and its contribution to the development of integrative strategies for management of pharmaceuticals in drinking water
by Titz, Alexandra & Döll, Petra
- 682-688 Neither rain nor hail nor sleet nor snow: Provider perspectives on the challenges of weather for home and community care
by Skinner, Mark W. & Yantzi, Nicole M. & Rosenberg, Mark W.
- 689-698 Parents' work patterns and adolescent mental health
by Dockery, Alfred & Li, Jianghong & Kendall, Garth
- 699-707 Early origins of health disparities: Burden of infection, health, and socioeconomic status in U.S. children
by Dowd, Jennifer Beam & Zajacova, Anna & Aiello, Allison
- 708-716 Obesity, race/ethnicity and the multiple dimensions of socioeconomic status during the transition to adulthood: A factor analysis approach
by Scharoun-Lee, Melissa & Adair, Linda S. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Gordon-Larsen, Penny
- 717-725 The Black-White difference in age trajectories of functional health over the life course
by Kim, Jinyoung & Miech, Richard
- 726-732 Discrimination and health among Asian American immigrants: Disentangling racial from language discrimination
by Yoo, Hyung Chol & Gee, Gilbert C. & Takeuchi, David
- 733-739 Intergenerational class mobility and cardiovascular mortality among Swedish women: A population-based register study
by Tiikkaja, Sanna & Hemström, Örjan & Vågerö, Denny
- 740-748 The efficacy of a network intervention to reduce HIV risk behaviors among drug users and risk partners in Chiang Mai, Thailand and Philadelphia, USA
by Latkin, Carl A. & Donnell, Deborah & Metzger, David & Sherman, Susan & Aramrattna, Apinun & Davis-Vogel, Annet & Quan, Vu Minh & Gandham, Sharavi & Vongchak, Tasanai & Perdue, Tom & Celentano, David D.
- 749-757 The virus stops with me: HIV-infected Ugandans' motivations in preventing HIV transmission
by King, Rachel & Lifshay, Julie & Nakayiwa, Sylvia & Katuntu, David & Lindkvist, Pille & Bunnell, Rebecca
- 758-765 Saving lives, preserving livelihoods: Understanding risk, decision-making and child health in a food crisis
by Hampshire, Katherine Rebecca & Panter-Brick, Catherine & Kilpatrick, Kate & Casiday, Rachel E.
- 766-773 Fairness and accountability for reasonableness. Do the views of priority setting decision makers differ across health systems and levels of decision making?
by Kapiriri, Lydia & Norheim, Ole F. & Martin, Douglas K.
- 774-780 Investigating the medical forensic examination from the perspectives of sexually assaulted women
by Du Mont, Janice & White, Deborah & McGregor, Margaret J.
- 781-789 Informed consent in biobank research: A deliberative approach to the debate
by Secko, David M. & Preto, Nina & Niemeyer, Simon & Burgess, Michael M.
2009, Volume 68, Issue 3
- 397-403 The effect of Transtheoretical Model based interventions on smoking cessation
by Aveyard, Paul & Massey, Louise & Parsons, Amanda & Manaseki, Semira & Griffin, Carl
- 404-406 Flaws in the theory or flaws in the study: A commentary on "The effect of Transtheoretical Model based interventions on smoking cessation"
by Prochaska, James O.
- 407-409 What is transtheoretical therapy? A response to Prochaska
by Parsons, Amanda & Aveyard, Paul
- 410-418 Public health works: Blood donation in urban China
by Adams, Vincanne & Erwin, Kathleen & Le, Phuoc V.
- 419-426 Major reduction in AIDS-mortality inequalities after HAART: The importance of absolute differences in evaluating interventions
by Regidor, Enrique & Sánchez, Elisabeth & de la Fuente, Luis & Luquero, Francisco J. & de Mateo, Salvador & Domínguez, Vicente
- 427-435 Neighborhood social cohesion and youth participation in physical activity in Chicago
by Cradock, Angie L. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Colditz, Graham A. & Gortmaker, Steven L. & Buka, Stephen L.
- 436-443 Social capital, political trust and self-reported psychological health: A population-based study
by Lindstrom, Martin & Mohseni, Mohabbat
- 444-451 Life-course socioeconomic positions and subclinical atherosclerosis in the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis
by Lemelin, Emily T. & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Franklin, Tracy G. & Carnethon, Mercedes & Lutsey, Pamela L. & Ni, Hanyu & O'Meara, Ellen & Shrager, Sandi
- 452-461 Pregnancy outcome of migrant women and integration policy: A systematic review of the international literature
by Bollini, Paola & Pampallona, Sandro & Wanner, Philippe & Kupelnick, Bruce
- 462-472 Recasting Hope: A process of adaptation following fetal anomaly diagnosis
by Lalor, Joan & Begley, Cecily M. & Galavan, Eoin
- 473-478 The health of female sex workers from three industry sectors in Queensland, Australia
by Seib, Charrlotte & Fischer, Jane & Najman, Jackob M.
- 479-486 From 'silent' to 'heard': Professional mediation, manipulation and women's experiences of their body after an abnormal Pap smear
by Blomberg, Karin & Forss, Anette & Ternestedt, Britt-Marie & Tishelman, Carol
- 487-495 Modafinil in the media: Metaphors, medicalisation and the body
by Coveney, Catherine M. & Nerlich, Brigitte & Martin, Paul
- 496-503 Community perceptions on the significant extension of life: An exploratory study among urban adults in Brisbane, Australia
by Underwood, Mair & Bartlett, Helen P. & Partridge, Brad & Lucke, Jayne & Hall, Wayne D.
- 504-510 Between professional values and the social valuation of patients: The fluctuating economy of pre-hospital emergency work
by Nurok, Michael & Henckes, Nicolas
- 511-518 Narratives of change and reform processes: Global and local transactions in French psychiatric hospital reform after the Second World War
by Henckes, Nicolas
- 519-525 Square pegs in round holes: Information systems, hospitals and the significance ofÂ contextual awareness
by Tjora, Aksel Hagen & Scambler, Graham
- 526-532 When the standards aren't standard: Evidence-based medicine in the Russian context
by Geltzer, Anna
- 533-543 Critical elements of culturally competent communication in the medical encounter: A review and model
by Teal, Cayla R. & Street, Richard L.
- 544-551 "Conditional scholarships" for HIV/AIDS health workers: Educating and retaining the workforce to provide antiretroviral treatment in sub-Saharan Africa
by Bärnighausen, Till & Bloom, David E.
- 552-561 Measuring achievement: Changes in risk factors for cardiovascular disease in Australia
by Clarke, Philip M. & Hayes, Alison J.
- 562-569 Pathways to distress: The multiple determinants of depression, hopelessness, and the desire for hastened death in metastatic cancer patients
by Rodin, Gary & Lo, Christopher & Mikulincer, Mario & Donner, Allan & Gagliese, Lucia & Zimmermann, Camilla
- 570-578 Self-labeling and its effects among adolescents diagnosed with mental disorders
by Moses, Tally
- 579-590 A meta-analysis of the hepatitis C virus distribution in diverse racial/ethnic drug injector groups
by Lelutiu-Weinberger, Corina & Pouget, Enrique R. & Des Jarlais, Don D.C. & Cooper, Hannah L. & Scheinmann, Roberta & Stern, Rebecca & Strauss, Shiela M. & Hagan, Holly
2009, Volume 68, Issue 2
- 201-209 Non-evidence-based policy: How effective is China's new cooperative medical scheme in reducing medical impoverishment?
by Yip, Winnie & Hsiao, William C.
- 210-219 Access to healthcare services makes a difference in healthy longevity among older Chinese adults
by Gu, Danan & Zhang, Zhenmei & Zeng, Yi
- 220-227 Health among the oldest-old in China: Which living arrangements make a difference?
by Li, Lydia W. & Zhang, Jiaan & Liang, Jersey
- 228-234 Guardians of health: The dimensions of elder caregiving among women in a Mexico City neighborhood
by Mendez-Luck, Carolyn A. & Kennedy, David P. & Wallace, Steven P.
- 235-242 Explaining health differences between men and women in later life: A cross-city comparison in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Zunzunegui, Maria-Victoria & Alvarado, Beatriz-Eugenia & Béland, François & Vissandjee, Bilkis
- 243-250 Resources, stressors and psychological distress among older adults in Chennai, India
by Chokkanathan, Srinivasan
- 251-259 Ill-health as a household norm: Evidence from other people's health problems
by Powdthavee, Nattavudh
- 260-265 Are self-reports of health and morbidities in developing countries misleading? Evidence from India
by Subramanian, S.V. & Subramanyam, Malavika A. & Selvaraj, Sakthivel & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 266-274 Disease prevalence in the English population: A comparison of primary care registers and prevalence models
by Martin, David & Wright, James A.
- 275-280 Does the association between self-rated health and mortality vary by social class?
by McFadden, E. & Luben, R. & Bingham, S. & Wareham, N. & Kinmonth, A.-L. & Khaw, K.-T.
- 281-289 Gender and socio-economic patterning of self-reported sleep problems in Britain
by Arber, Sara & Bote, Marcos & Meadows, Robert
- 290-297 The effect of socioeconomic status on survival from colorectal cancer in the Melbourne Collaborative Cohort Study
by Kelsall, Helen L. & Baglietto, Laura & Muller, David & Haydon, Andrew M. & English, Dallas R. & Giles, Graham G.
- 298-303 The role of health-related behaviors in the socioeconomic disparities in oral health
by Sabbah, Wael & Tsakos, Georgios & Sheiham, Aubrey & Watt, Richard G.
- 304-313 Workplace status and risk of hypertension among hourly and salaried aluminum manufacturing employees
by Clougherty, Jane Ellen & Eisen, Ellen A. & Slade, Martin D. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Cullen, Mark R.
- 314-322 An examination of the relationship between multiple dimensions of religiosity, blood pressure, and hypertension
by Buck, Anna C. & Williams, David R. & Musick, Marc A. & Sternthal, Michelle J.
- 323-333 Involvement of Rabbinic and communal authorities in decision-making by haredi Jews in the UK with breast cancer: An interpretative phenomenological analysis
by Coleman-Brueckheimer, Kate & Spitzer, Joseph & Koffman, Jonathan
- 334-342 Polygynous marital structure and child survivorship in sub-Saharan Africa: Some empirical evidence from Ghana
by Gyimah, Stephen Obeng
- 343-351 Stuips, spuits and prophet ropes: The treatment of abantu childhood illnesses in urban South Africa
by Friend-du Preez, Natalie & Cameron, Noël & Griffiths, Paula
- 352-361 When is deliberate killing of young children justified? Indigenous interpretations of infanticide in Bolivia
by de Hilari, Caroline & Condori, Irma & Dearden, Kirk A.
- 362-367 A note on the nature of utility in time and health and implications for cost utility analysis
by Buckingham, Ken J. & Devlin, Nancy Joy
- 368-379 How reliable are surveys of client satisfaction with healthcare services? Evidence from matched facility and household data in Madagascar
by Glick, Peter
- 380-389 The spreading of suicidal behavior: The contextual effect of community household poverty on adolescent suicidal behavior and the mediating role of suicide suggestion
by Bernburg, Jon Gunnar & Thorlindsson, Thorolfur & Sigfusdottir, Inga D.
- 390-395 Moving beyond "the Down Low": A critical analysis of terminology guiding HIV prevention efforts for African American men who have secretive sex with men
by Saleh, Lena Denise & Operario, Don
2009, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 1-8 Visualizing sexual assault: An exploration of the use of optical technologies in the medico-legal context
by White, Deborah & Du Mont, Janice
- 9-11 A comment on White and Du Mont's "Visualizing sexual assault: An exploration of the use of optical technologies in the medico-legal contact"
by Tjaden, Patricia
- 12-20 HIV prevention risks for Black women in Canada
by Williams, Charmaine C. & Newman, Peter A. & Sakamoto, Izumi & Massaquoi, Notisha A.
- 21-29 Polygyny and women's health in sub-Saharan Africa
by Bove, Riley & Valeggia, Claudia
- 30-38 Health-related stigma among women with lymphatic filariasis from the Dominican Republic and Ghana
by Person, Bobbie & Bartholomew, L. Kay & Gyapong, Margaret & Addiss, David G. & van den Borne, Bart
- 39-48 Is the crime drop of the 1990s in Canada and the USA associated with a general decline in risky and health-related behavior?
by Mishra, Sandeep & Lalumière, Martin
- 49-59 A multi-group cross-lagged analyses of work stressors and health using Canadian National sample
by Ibrahim, S. & Smith, P. & Muntaner, C.
- 60-68 Reciprocal relations between effort-reward imbalance at work and adverse health: A three-wave panel survey
by Shimazu, Akihito & de Jonge, Jan
- 69-79 Evaluation of a peer network intervention trial among young methamphetamine users in Chiang Mai, Thailand
by Sherman, Susan G. & Sutcliffe, Catherine & Srirojn, Bangorn & Latkin, Carl A. & Aramratanna, Apinun & Celentano, David D.
- 80-88 The impact of support network substitution on low-income women's health: Are minor children beneficial substitutes?
by Mickelson, Kristin D. & Demmings, Jessica L.
- 89-99 Children's delayed development and behavior problems: Impact on mothers' perceived physical health across early childhood
by Eisenhower, Abbey Severance & Baker, Bruce L. & Blacher, Jan
- 100-110 Neighborhood effects on birthweight: An exploration of psychosocial and behavioral pathways in Baltimore, 1995-1996
by Schempf, Ashley & Strobino, Donna & O'Campo, Patricia
- 111-123 From Kindergarten readiness to fourth-grade assessment: Longitudinal analysis with linked population data
by Lloyd, Jennifer E.V. & Hertzman, Clyde
- 124-132 A multilevel analysis of the effects of neighbourhood income inequality on individual self-rated health in Hong Kong
by Wong, Irene O.L. & Cowling, Benjamin J. & Lo, Su-Vui & Leung, Gabriel M.
- 133-142 The flip-side of social capital: The distinctive influences of trust and mistrust on health in rural China
by Wang, Hongmei & Schlesinger, Mark & Wang, Hong & Hsiao, William C.
- 143-153 Tangible evidence, trust and power: Public perceptions of community environmental health studies
by Scammell, Madeleine Kangsen & Senier, Laura & Darrah-Okike, Jennifer & Brown, Phil & Santos, Susan
- 154-168 "Medication career" or "Moral career"? The two sides of managingÂ antidepressants: A meta-ethnography of patients' experienceÂ of antidepressants
by Malpass, Alice & Shaw, Alison & Sharp, Debbie & Walter, Fiona & Feder, Gene & Ridd, Matthew & Kessler, David
- 169-176 'If it almost kills you that means it's working!' Cultural models of chemotherapy expressed in a cancer support group
by Bell, Kirsten
- 177-182 Attitudes of Arab and Jewish patients toward integration of complementary medicine in primary care clinics in Israel: A cross-cultural study
by Ben-Arye, Eran & Karkabi, Khaled & Karkabi, Sonia & Keshet, Yael & Haddad, Maria & Frenkel, Moshe
- 183-191 Patients' perceptions of research in emergency settings: A study of survivors of sudden cardiac death
by Dickert, Neal W. & Kass, Nancy E.
- 192-200 Evidence-based healthcare in practice: A study of clinician resistance, professional de-skilling, and inter-specialty differentiation in oncology
by Broom, Alex & Adams, Jon & Tovey, Philip
2008, Volume 67, Issue 12
- 1935-1943 Social assets and mental distress among the homeless: Exploring the roles of social support and other forms of social capital on depression
by Irwin, Jay & LaGory, Mark & Ritchey, Ferris & Fitzpatrick, Kevin
- 1944-1950 Social comparison of distress and mental health help-seeking in the US general population
by Mojtabai, Ramin
- 1951-1958 Personal and neighborhood socioeconomic status and indices of neighborhood walk-ability predict body mass index in New York City
by Rundle, Andrew & Field, Sam & Park, Yoosun & Freeman, Lance & Weiss, Christopher C. & Neckerman, Kathryn
- 1959-1969 Self-rated health and trust in low-income Mexican-origin individuals in Texas
by Franzini, Luisa
- 1970-1981 The inverse hazard law: Blood pressure, sexual harassment, racial discrimination, workplace abuse and occupational exposures in US low-income black, white and Latino workers
by Krieger, Nancy & Chen, Jarvis T. & Waterman, Pamela D. & Hartman, Cathy & Stoddard, Anne M. & Quinn, Margaret M. & Sorensen, Glorian & Barbeau, Elizabeth M.
- 1982-1994 Is precarious employment damaging to self-rated health? Results of propensity score matching methods, using longitudinal data in South Korea
by Kim, Myoung-Hee & Kim, Chang-yup & Park, Jin-Kyung & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1995-2006 Studying place effects on health by synthesising individual and area-level outcomes
by Jackson, Christopher H. & Richardson, Sylvia & Best, Nicky G.
- 2007-2016 A small-area index of socioeconomic deprivation to capture health inequalities in France
by Havard, Sabrina & Deguen, Séverine & Bodin, Julie & Louis, Karine & Laurent, Olivier & Bard, Denis
- 2017-2026 Social participation and healthy ageing: An international comparison using SHARE data
by Sirven, Nicolas & Debrand, Thierry
- 2027-2035 Payments for health care and its effect on catastrophe and impoverishment: Experience from the transition to Universal Coverage in Thailand
by Somkotra, Tewarit & Lagrada, Leizel P.
- 2036-2042 Do Mexican immigrants substitute health care in Mexico for health insurance in the United States? The role of distance
by Brown, Henry Shelton
- 2043-2050 Convergent validity between a discrete choice experiment and a direct, open-ended method: Comparison of preferred attribute levels and willingness to pay estimates
by Marjon van der Pol & Shiell, Alan & Au, Flora & Johnston, David & Tough, Suzanne
- 2051-2058 Who is hurt by procyclical mortality?
by Edwards, Ryan
- 2059-2062 Examining the impact of federally-funded syphilis elimination activities in the USA
by Chesson, Harrell & Owusu-Edusei Jr., Kwame
- 2063-2071 Empowering interventions in health and social care: Recognition through 'ecologies of practice'
by Fisher, Pamela & Owen, Jenny
- 2072-2078 The evolving concept of health literacy
by Nutbeam, Don
- 2079-2088 Does narrative information bias individual's decision making? A systematic review
by Winterbottom, Anna & Bekker, Hilary L. & Conner, Mark & Mooney, Andrew
- 2089-2097 Making sense of suicide: A discourse analysis of young people's talk about suicidal subjecthood
by Roen, Katrina & Scourfield, Jonathan & McDermott, Elizabeth
- 2098-2106 Changing the knowledge base in Western herbal medicine
by Evans, Sue
- 2107-2115 Social rank and adult male nutritional status: Evidence of the social gradient in health from a foraging-farming society
by Reyes-García, Victoria & McDade, Thomas W. & Molina, Jose Luis & Leonard, William R. & Tanner, Susan N. & Huanca, Tomas & Godoy, Ricardo
- 2116-2125 Water insecurity and emotional distress: Coping with supply, access, and seasonal variability of water in a Bolivian squatter settlement
by Wutich, Amber & Ragsdale, Kathleen
- 2126-2134 Antiretroviral therapy in Zambia: Colours, 'spoiling', 'talk' and the meaning of antiretrovirals
by Schumaker, Lynette Louise & Bond, Virginia A.
2008, Volume 67, Issue 11
- 1641-1649 Early accounts of Gulf War illness and the construction of narratives in UK service personnel
by Cohn, Simon & Dyson, Clare & Wessely, S.
- 1650-1653 The institutional context of Gulf War illness claims: A commentary on Cohn, Dyson and Wessely
by Shriver, Thomas & Cable, Sherry
- 1654-1656 Contextualising Gulf War illness experience: A response to Shriver and Cable
by Wessely, Simon & Cohn, Simon
- 1657-1668 Widening health inequalities among U.S. military retirees since 1974
by Edwards, Ryan
- 1669-1678 Seeing the forest and the trees: Using network analysis to develop an organizational blueprint of state tobacco control systems
by Harris, Jenine K. & Luke, Douglas A. & Burke, Ryan C. & Mueller, Nancy B.
- 1679-1689 Health promotion research and practice require sound policy analysis models: The case of Quebec's Tobacco Act
by Breton, Eric & Richard, Lucie & Gagnon, France & Jacques, Marie & Bergeron, Pierre
- 1690-1699 Tobacco industry attempts to counter the World Bank report curbing the epidemic and obstruct the WHO framework convention on tobacco control
by Mamudu, Hadii M. & Hammond, Ross & Glantz, Stanton
- 1700-1707 A randomized trial evaluating tobacco possession-use-purchase laws in the USA
by Jason, Leonard A. & Pokorny, Steven B. & Adams, Monica
- 1708-1716 Smoking behaviours in a remote Australian Indigenous community: The influence of family and other factors
by Johnston, Vanessa & Thomas, David P.
- 1717-1726 The relationship between alcohol consumption and self-reported health status using the EQ5D: Evidence from rural Australia
by Petrie, Dennis & Doran, Chris & Shakeshaft, Anthony & Sanson-Fisher, Rob