Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60
2011, Volume 72, Issue 9
2011, Volume 72, Issue 8
- 1219-1227 Social capital and change in psychological health over time
by Giordano, Giuseppe Nicola & Lindström, Martin
- 1228-1235 Favourable changes in economic well-being and self-rated health among the elderly
by Brenes-Camacho, Gilbert
- 1236-1248 Understanding how race/ethnicity and gender define age-trajectories of disability: An intersectionality approach
by Warner, David F. & Brown, Tyson H.
- 1249-1257 Disparity in disability between native-born non-Hispanic white and foreign-born Asian older adults in the United States: Effects of educational attainment and age at immigration
by Lee, Min-Ah
- 1258-1265 Parenthood, drinking locations and heavy drinking
by Paradis, Catherine
- 1266-1273 Neighborhood walkability, physical activity, and walking behavior: The Swedish Neighborhood and Physical Activity (SNAP) study
by Sundquist, Kristina & Eriksson, Ulf & Kawakami, Naomi & Skog, Lars & Ohlsson, Henrik & Arvidsson, Daniel
- 1274-1283 Are neighborhood education levels associated with BMI among adults in Cairo, Egypt?
by Mowafi, Mona & Khadr, Zeinab & Subramanian, S.V. & Bennett, Gary & Hill, Allan & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1284-1293 Internal migration and health: Premarital sexual initiation in Nigeria
by Mberu, Blessing Uchenna & White, Michael J.
- 1294-1301 Internal migration and health: Re-examining the healthy migrant phenomenon in China
by Chen, Juan
- 1302-1309 Building institutions for an effective health system: Lessons from China's experience with rural health reform
by Bloom, Gerald
- 1310-1316 Public financial support receipt and non-medical resource utilization in Alzheimer's disease results from the PLASA study
by Rapp, Thomas & Grand, Alain & Cantet, Christelle & Andrieu, Sandrine & Coley, Nicola & Portet, Florence & Vellas, Bruno
- 1317-1324 Patients' self-interested preferences: Empirical evidence from a priority setting experiment
by Álvarez, Begoña & Rodríguez-Míguez, Eva
- 1325-1332 Demand for sanitation in Salvador, Brazil: A hybrid choice approach
by Santos, Andreia C. & Roberts, Jennifer A. & Barreto, Mauricio L. & Cairncross, Sandy
- 1333-1341 Health care rationing in an age of uncertainty: A conceptual model
by Moreira, Tiago
- 1342-1350 The pharmaceutical corporation and the 'good work' of managing women's bodies
by Padamsee, Tasleem Juana
- 1351-1358 Dead by 50: Lay expertise and breast cancer screening
by Barker, Kristin K. & Galardi, Tasha R.
- 1359-1366 Tacit and transitionary: An exploration of patients' and primary care health professionals' goals in relation to asthma
by Williams, Brian & Steven, Karen & Sullivan, Frank M.
- 1367-1373 Techniques and transitions: A sociological analysis of sleeping practices amongst recovering heroin users
by Nettleton, Sarah & Neale, Joanne & Pickering, Lucy
- 1374-1382 On the remarkable persistence of asymmetry in doctor/patient interaction: A critical review
by Pilnick, Alison & Dingwall, Robert
- 1383-1392 Non-adherence to antiretroviral treatment and unplanned treatment interruption among people living with HIV/AIDS in Cameroon: Individual and healthcare supply-related factors
by Boyer, Sylvie & Clerc, Isabelle & Bonono, Cécile-Renée & Marcellin, Fabienne & Bilé, Paule-Christiane & Ventelou, Bruno
- 1393-1399 'All is done by Allah'. Understandings of Down syndrome and prenatal testing in Pakistan
by Bryant, Louise D. & Ahmed, Shenaz & Ahmed, Mushtaq & Jafri, Hussain & Raashid, Yasmin
- 1400-1408 The limits of resilience: Distress following chronic political violence among Palestinians
by Hobfoll, Stevan E. & Mancini, Anthony D. & Hall, Brian J. & Canetti, Daphna & Bonanno, George A.
- 1409-1409 Corrigendum to "Which patients improve: Characteristics increasing sensitivity to a supportive patient-practitioner relationship" [Social Science & Medicine 70 (2010) 479-484]
by Conboy, Lisa Ann & Macklin, Eric & Kelley, John & Kokkotou, Efi & Lembo, Anthony & Davis, Roger & Kaptchuk, Ted
2011, Volume 72, Issue 7
- 1021-1024 The evolving socio-political context of community health worker programmes in South Africa: Implications for historical analysis. A commentary on van Ginneken, Lewin and Berridge "the emergence of community health worker programmes in the late-apartheid era in South Africa: An historical analysis"(2010)
by van Rensburg, Dingie J. & Wouters, Edwin & de Wet, Katinka
- 1025-1027 What can be learnt from historical analysis? Community health workers and health policy in South Africa. A response to van Rensburg, H.C.J., Wouters, E., and de Wet, K.'s critique (in this issue)
by van Ginneken, Nadja & Lewin, Simon & Berridge, Virginia
- 1028-1035 Organizational analysis of Canadian supported employment programs for people with psychiatric disabilities
by Menear, Matthew & Reinharz, Daniel & Corbière, Marc & Houle, Nathalie & Lanctôt, Nathalie & Goering, Paula & Goldner, Elliot M. & Kirsh, Bonnie & Lecomte, Tania
- 1036-1038 Implementation of IPS supported employment around the world: Planned vs. unplanned dissemination. A commentary on Menear etÂ al
by Bond, Gary R. & Drake, Robert E. & Becker, Deborah R.
- 1039-1046 Getting evidence into policy: The need for deliberative strategies?
by Flitcroft, Kathy & Gillespie, James & Salkeld, Glenn & Carter, Stacy & Trevena, Lyndal
- 1047-1055 From "our world" to the "real world": Exploring the views and behaviour of policy-influential Australian public health researchers
by Haynes, Abby S. & Derrick, Gjemma E. & Chapman, Simon & Redman, Sally & Hall, Wayne D. & Gillespie, James & Sturk, Heidi
- 1056-1063 Journal peer review in context: A qualitative study of the social and subjective dimensions of manuscript review in biomedical publishing
by Lipworth, Wendy L. & Kerridge, Ian H. & Carter, Stacy M. & Little, Miles
- 1064-1068 Interpreting social network metrics in healthcare organisations: A review and guide to validating small networks
by Dunn, Adam G. & Westbrook, Johanna I.
- 1069-1076 Sourcing the crowd for health services improvement: The reflexive patient and "share-your-experience" websites
by Adams, Samantha A.
- 1077-1084 Established users and the making of telecare work in long term condition management: Implications for health policy
by Rogers, Anne & Kirk, Sue & Gately, Claire & May, Carl R. & Finch, Tracy
- 1085-1095 Measuring patient-centered communication in cancer care: A literature review and the development of a systematic approach
by McCormack, Lauren A. & Treiman, Katherine & Rupert, Douglas & Williams-Piehota, Pamela & Nadler, Eric & Arora, Neeraj K. & Lawrence, William & Street Jr., Richard L.
- 1096-1104 Breast cancer delay: A grounded model of help-seeking behaviour
by Unger-Saldaña, Karla & Infante-Castañeda, Claudia B.
- 1105-1114 Patient resistance as agency in treatment decisions
by Koenig, Christopher J.
- 1115-1122 Immunitary bioeconomy: The economisation of life in the international cord blood market
by Brown, Nik & Machin, Laura & McLeod, Danae
- 1123-1130 Cycling and the city: A case study of how gendered, ethnic and class identities can shape healthy transport choices
by Steinbach, Rebecca & Green, Judith & Datta, Jessica & Edwards, Phil
- 1131-1139 Why healthy eating is bad for young people's health: Identity, belonging and food
by Stead, Martine & McDermott, Laura & MacKintosh, Anne Marie & Adamson, Ashley
- 1140-1148 Additive and subtractive resilience strategies as enablers of biographical reinvention: A qualitative study of ex-smokers and never-smokers
by Ward, Paul Russell & Muller, Robert & Tsourtos, George & Hersh, Deborah & Lawn, Sharon & Winefield, Anthony H. & Coveney, John
- 1149-1156 Two year psychosocial and mental health outcomes for refugees subjected to restrictive or supportive immigration policies
by Steel, Zachary & Momartin, Shakeh & Silove, Derrick & Coello, Marianio & Aroche, Jorge & Tay, Kuo Wei
- 1157-1168 Delays in recognition of and Care-seeking response to prolonged labor inÂ Bangladesh
by Head, Sara K. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Sibley, Lynn M.
- 1169-1176 "There is such a thing as too many daughters, but not too many sons": A qualitative study of son preference and fetal sex selection among Indian immigrants in the United States
by Puri, Sunita & Adams, Vincanne & Ivey, Susan & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 1177-1184 Different stage, different performance: The protective strategy of role play on emotional health in sex work
by Abel, Gillian M.
- 1185-1192 "Over here, it's just drugs, women and all the madness": The HIV risk environment of clients of female sex workers in Tijuana, Mexico
by Goldenberg, Shira M. & Strathdee, Steffanie A. & Gallardo, Manuel & Rhodes, Tim & Wagner, Karla D. & Patterson, Thomas L.
- 1193-1204 Self-rated health and social capital in transitional countries: Multilevel analysis of comparative surveys in Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia
by Habibov, Nazim N. & Afandi, Elvin N.
- 1205-1210 How relevant are district characteristics in explaining subjective health in Germany? - A multilevel analysis
by Diehl, Katharina & Schneider, Sven
- 1211-1218 The effect of survivalism-self-expressionism culture on black male suicide acceptability: A cross-national analysis
by Stack, Steven & Kposowa, Augustine J.
2011, Volume 72, Issue 6
- 815-820 Liberating the NHS? A commentary on the Lansley White Paper, "Equity and Excellence"
by Asthana, Sheena
- 821-822 Reflections on commissioning and the English coalition government NHS reforms
by Light, Donald W. & Connor, Martin
- 823-831 Family presence in routine medical visits: A meta-analytical review
by Wolff, Jennifer L. & Roter, Debra L.
- 832-839 Economic evaluation to inform health care decision-making: Promise, pitfalls and a proposal for an alternative path
by Brousselle, Astrid & Lessard, Chantale
- 840-854 Losing life and livelihood: A systematic review and meta-analysis of unemployment and all-cause mortality
by Roelfs, David J. & Shor, Eran & Davidson, Karina W. & Schwartz, Joseph E.
- 855-866 Implementing successful intimate partner violence screening programs in health care settings: Evidence generated from a realist-informed systematic review
by O'Campo, Patricia & Kirst, Maritt & Tsamis, Charoula & Chambers, Catharine & Ahmad, Farah
- 867-873 Association of physical violence by an intimate partner around the time of pregnancy with inadequate gestational weight gain
by Beydoun, Hind A. & Tamim, Hala & Lincoln, Alicia M. & Dooley, Suzanna D. & Beydoun, May A.
- 874-883 Psychosocial influences on prisoner suicide: A case-control study of near-lethal self-harm in women prisoners
by Marzano, Lisa & Hawton, Keith & Rivlin, Adrienne & Fazel, Seena
- 884-889 Do local landmark bridges increase the suicide rate? An alternative test of the likely effect of means restriction at suicide-jumping sites
by Glasgow, Garrett
- 890-898 Social factors associated with nitrogen dioxide (NO2) exposure during pregnancy: The INMA-Valencia project in Spain
by Llop, Sabrina & Ballester, Ferran & Estarlich, Marisa & Iñiguez, Carmen & Ramón, Rosa & Gonzalez, MCarmen & Murcia, Mario & Esplugues, Ana & Rebagliato, Marisa
- 899-906 Health among hospital employees in Europe: A cross-national study of the impact of work stress and work control
by Pisljar, Tjasa & van der Lippe, Tanja & den Dulk, Laura
- 907-911 The deleterious consequences of privatization and outsourcing for hospital support work: The experiences of contracted-out hospital cleaners and dietary aids in Vancouver, Canada
by Zuberi, Daniyal M. & Ptashnick, Melita B.
- 912-918 Compliant, complacent or panicked? Investigating the problematisation of the Australian general public in pandemic influenza control
by Davis, Mark & Stephenson, Niamh & Flowers, Paul
- 919-927 The determinants of the adoption of pharmaceutical innovation: Evidence from Taiwan
by Liu, Ya-Ming & Kao Yang, Yea-Huei & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 928-936 Do pharmaceuticals displace local knowledge and use of medicinal plants? Estimates from a cross-sectional study in a rural indigenous community, Mexico
by Giovannini, Peter & Reyes-García, Victoria & Waldstein, Anna & Heinrich, Michael
- 937-944 Introducing malaria rapid diagnostic tests at registered drug shops in Uganda: Limitations of diagnostic testing in the reality of diagnosis
by Chandler, Clare I.R. & Hall-Clifford, Rachel & Asaph, Turinde & Pascal, Magnussen & Clarke, Siân & Mbonye, Anthony K.
- 945-952 Strange bedfellows: The Catholic Church and Brazilian National AIDS Program in the response to HIV/AIDS in Brazil
by Murray, Laura R. & Garcia, Jonathan & Muñoz-Laboy, Miguel & Parker, Richard G.
- 953-961 Making sense of condoms: Social representations in young people's HIV-related narratives from six African countries
by Winskell, Kate & Obyerodhyambo, Oby & Stephenson, Rob
- 962-968 Children's understanding of the selling versus persuasive intent of junk food advertising: Implications for regulation
by Carter, Owen B.J. & Patterson, Lisa J. & Donovan, Robert J. & Ewing, Michael T. & Roberts, Clare M.
- 969-976 Food provisioning experiences of ultra poor female heads of household living in Bangladesh
by McIntyre, Lynn & Rondeau, Krista & Kirkpatrick, Sharon & Hatfield, Jennifer & Islam, Khaled Shamsul & Huda, Syed Nazmul
- 977-983 Explaining racial disparities in adverse birth outcomes: Unique sources of stress for Black American women
by Rosenthal, Lisa & Lobel, Marci
- 984-991 Motherhood, pregnancy, and the negotiation of identity: The moral career of drug treatment
by Radcliffe, Polly
- 992-998 Negotiating desires and options: How mothers who carry the fragile X gene experience reproductive decisions
by Raspberry, Kelly Amanda & Skinner, Debra
- 999-1003 Selection in utero contributes to the male longevity deficit
by Catalano, Ralph
- 1004-1015 Infant mortality, season of birth and the health of older Puerto Rican adults
by McEniry, Mary
- 1016-1017 Reconstructing dose: A commentary on McEniry
by Catalano, Ralph & Margerison-Zilko, Claire E. & Saxton, Katherine & LeWinn, Kaja & Anderson, Elizabeth
- 1018-1020 In utero exposures, season of birth and population studies of older adults: Author's reply
by McEniry, Mary C.
2011, Volume 72, Issue 4
- 447-455 Effect of increased private share of inpatient psychiatric resources on jail population growth: Evidence from the United States
by Yoon, Jangho
- 456-459 Dysfunctional social control of mental illness: A commentary on Yoon
by Markowitz, Fred. E.
- 460-468 Managing Prader-Willi syndrome in families: An embodied exploration
by Allen, Kerry
- 469-477 Does parental capital influence the prevalence of child overweight and parental perceptions of child weight-level?
by Christensen, Vibeke T.
- 478-485 'I'm a bad mum': Pregnant presenteeism and poor health at work
by Gatrell, Caroline Jane
- 486-493 Gender and the hygiene hypothesis
by Clough, Sharyn
- 494-503 Explaining the curvilinear relationship between age at first birth and depression among women
by Carlson, Daniel L.
- 504-512 How do patients come to be seen as 'difficult'?: A mixed-methods study in community mental health care
by Koekkoek, B. & Hutschemaekers, G. & van Meijel, B. & Schene, A.
- 513-520 Professional relations in sport healthcare: Workplace responses to organisational change
by Malcolm, Dominic & Scott, Andrea
- 521-528 What does an e-mail address add? - Doing health and technology at home
by Andreassen, Hege K.
- 529-536 Negotiating competency, professionalism and risk: The integration of complementary and alternative medicine by nurses and midwives in NHS hospitals
by Cant, Sarah & Watts, Peter & Ruston, Annmarie
- 537-544 Translational science and the hidden research system in universities and academic hospitals: A case study
by Lander, Bryn & Atkinson-Grosjean, Janet
- 545-552 The "biosecuritization" of healthcare delivery: Examples of post-9/11 technological imperatives
by Fisher, Jill A. & Monahan, Torin
- 553-559 Constructing access in predictive medicine. Comparing classification for hereditary breast cancer risks in England, Germany and the Netherlands
by Aarden, Erik & Van Hoyweghen, Ine & Horstman, Klasien
- 560-567 Privatization of social services: Quality differences in Swedish elderly care
by Stolt, Ragnar & Blomqvist, Paula & Winblad, Ulrika
- 568-575 Factors in health initiative success: Learning from Nepal's newborn survival initiative
by Smith, Stephanie L. & Neupane, Shailes
- 576-583 Job loss and depression: The role of subjective expectations
by Mandal, Bidisha & Ayyagari, Padmaja & Gallo, William T.
- 584-590 Social capital and self-rated health in Colombia: The good, the bad and the ugly
by Hurtado, David & Kawachi, Ichiro & Sudarsky, John
- 591-599 The interaction of personal and parental education on health
by Ross, Catherine E. & Mirowsky, John
- 600-607 Social inequalities in the association between partner/marital status and health among workers in Spain
by Artazcoz, Lucia & Cortès, Imma & Borrell, Carme & Escribà-Agüir, Vicenta & Cascant, Lorena
- 608-616 Attributable risk of psychiatric and socio-economic factors for suicide from individual-level, population-based studies: A systematic review
by Li, Zhuoyang & Page, Andrew & Martin, Graham & Taylor, Richard
- 617-624 World health inequality: Convergence, divergence, and development
by Clark, Rob
- 625-633 Socioeconomic context and gastroschisis: Exploring associations at various geographic scales
by Root, Elisabeth D. & Meyer, Robert E. & Emch, Michael
2011, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 317-318 Health geography in 'Steel City': Selected papers from the XIII International Medical Geography Symposium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, July 2009
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Elliott, Susan J.
- 319-326 'Vulnerability is universal': Considering the place of 'security' and 'vulnerability' within contemporary global health discourse
by Brown, Tim
- 327-337 Entitlements to health care: Why is there a preference for private facilities among poorer residents of Chennai, India?
by Ergler, Christina R. & Sakdapolrak, Patrick & Bohle, Hans-Georg & Kearns, Robin A.
- 338-346 The influence of culture on home-based family caregiving at end-of-life: A case study of Dutch reformed family care givers in Ontario, Canada
by Donovan, Rhonda & Williams, Allison & Stajduhar, Kelli & Brazil, Kevin & Marshall, Denise
- 347-354 Telecare and older people: Who cares where?
by Milligan, Christine & Roberts, Celia & Mort, Maggie
- 355-364 Aboriginal peoples, health and healing approaches: The effects of age and place on health
by Wilson, Kathi & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Abonyi, Sylvia
- 365-372 Aging, health and place in residential care facilities in Beijing, China
by Cheng, Yang & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Wang, Wuyi & Yang, Linsheng & Li, Hairong
- 373-382 Explaining place-based colorectal cancer health disparities: Evidence from a rural context
by Beyer, Kirsten M.M. & Comstock, Sara & Seagren, Renea & Rushton, Gerard
- 383-388 Examining spatial variations in the prevalence of mental health problems among 5-year-old children in Canada
by Raos, Robert & Janus, Magdalena
- 389-397 Deprivation (im)mobility and cause-specific premature mortality in Scotland
by Exeter, Daniel J. & Boyle, Paul J. & Norman, Paul
- 398-407 Conflict and human African trypanosomiasis
by Berrang-Ford, Lea & Lundine, Jamie & Breau, Sebastien
- 408-417 Malaria risk behaviours, socio-cultural practices and rural livelihoods in southern Tanzania: Implications for bednet usage
by Dunn, Christine E. & Le Mare, Ann & Makungu, Christina
- 418-429 Using a neural network for mining interpretable relationships of West Nile risk factors
by Ghosh, Debarchana & Guha, Rajarshi
- 430-438 Do area characteristics predict change in moderate-to-vigorous physical activity from ages 11 to 15 years?
by Pabayo, Roman & Belsky, Jay & Gauvin, Lise & Curtis, Sarah
- 439-445 Concept mapping of diet and physical activity: Uncovering local stakeholders perception in the Quebec City region
by Lebel, Alexandre & Cantinotti, Michael & Pampalon, Robert & Thériault, Marius & Smith, Lindsay A. & Hamelin, Anne-Marie
2011, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 125-128 The patchwork: Health reform, American style
by Marmor, Theodore & Oberlander, Jonathan
- 129-132 Historical and comparative reflections on the U.S. national health insurance reforms
by Light, Donald W.
- 133-141 Measuring and decomposing socioeconomic inequality in healthcare delivery: A microsimulation approach with application to the Palestinian conflict-affected fragile setting
by Abu-Zaineh, Mohammad & Mataria, Awad & Moatti, Jean-Paul & Ventelou, Bruno
- 142-148 Impact of information on intentions to vaccinate in a potential epidemic: Swine-origin Influenza A (H1N1)
by Chanel, Olivier & Luchini, Stéphane & Massoni, Sébastien & Vergnaud, Jean-Christophe
- 149-156 Fishing in dangerous waters: Ecology, gender and economy in HIV risk
by Mojola, Sanyu A.
- 157-165 Equity aspects of the National Health Insurance Scheme in Ghana: Who is enrolling, who is not and why?
by Jehu-Appiah, Caroline & Aryeetey, Genevieve & Spaan, Ernst & de Hoop, Thomas & Agyepong, Irene & Baltussen, Rob
- 166-172 Effect of the Arizona tobacco control program on cigarette consumption and healthcare expenditures
by Lightwood, James & Glantz, Stanton
- 173-184 Do the poor cost much more? The relationship between small area income deprivation and length of stay for elective hip replacement in the English NHS from 2001 to 2008
by Cookson, Richard & Laudicella, Mauro
- 185-192 Measuring and valuing productivity loss due to poor health: A critical review
by Zhang, Wei & Bansback, Nick & Anis, Aslam H.
- 193-201 Change in income and change in self-rated health: Systematic review of studies using repeated measures to control for confounding bias
by Gunasekara, Fiona Imlach & Carter, Kristie & Blakely, Tony
- 202-205 The antagonism of push and pull strategies, and the current funding campaigns to fight orphan diseases
by Leoni, Patrick
- 206-215 Ageing and disability: Job satisfaction differentials across Europe
by Pagan, Ricardo
- 216-223 Utilization of HIV-related services from the private health sector: A multi-country analysis
by Wang, Wenjuan & Sulzbach, Sara & De, Susna
- 224-229 Socioeconomic inequalities in the diffusion of health technology: Uptake of coronary procedures as an example
by Korda, Rosemary J. & Clements, Mark S. & Dixon, Jane
- 230-237 Limited English proficient Asian Americans: Threshold language policy and access to mental health treatment
by Snowden, Lonnie R. & Masland, Mary C. & Peng, Carol J. & Wei-Mien Lou, Christine & Wallace, Neal T.
- 238-246 The role of leader behaviors in hospital-based emergency departments' unit performance and employee work satisfaction
by Yen-Ju Lin, Blossom & Hsu, Chung-Ping C. & Juan, Chi-Wen & Lin, Cheng-Chieh & Lin, Hung-Jung & Chen, Jih-Chang
- 247-255 Referral to and attitude towards traditional Chinese medicine amongst western medical doctors in postcolonial Hong Kong
by Chung, Vincent C.H. & Hillier, Sheila & Lau, Chun Hong & Wong, Samuel Y.S. & Yeoh, Eng Kiong & Griffiths, Sian M.
- 256-264 "So We Adapt Step by Step": Acculturation experiences affecting diabetes management and perceived health for Chinese American immigrants
by Chun, Kevin M. & Chesla, Catherine A. & Kwan, Christine M.L.
- 265-272 Boundaries and risk: Media framing of assisted reproductive technologies and older mothers
by Campbell, Patricia
- 273-282 Food security and humanitarian assistance among displaced Iraqi populations in Jordan and Syria
by Doocy, Shannon & Sirois, Adam & Anderson, Jamie & Tileva, Margarita & Biermann, Elizabeth & Storey, J. Douglas & Burnham, Gilbert
- 283-290 Young people living with parental bereavement: Insights from an ethnographic study of a UK childhood bereavement service
by Brewer, Joanne D. & Sparkes, Andrew C.
- 291-298 Effects of social integration on health: A prospective study of community engagement among African American women
by Fothergill, Kate E. & Ensminger, Margaret E. & Robertson, Judy & Green, Kerry M. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Juon, Hee-Soon
- 299-306 Does social trust at school affect students' smoking and drinking behavior in Japan?
by Takakura, Minoru
- 307-315 Do biological measures mediate the relationship between education and health: A comparative study
by Goldman, Noreen & Turra, Cassio M. & Rosero-Bixby, Luis & Weir, David & Crimmins, Eileen
2011, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 1-2 Major reductions in global suicide numbers can be made rapidly through pesticide regulation without the need for psychosocial interventions
by Eddleston, Michael & Bateman, D. Nicholas
- 3-5 Pesticides, paracetamol and psychosocial interventions: A reply to a commentary on Florentine and Crane
by Florentine, Julia B. & Crane, Catherine
- 6-14 Ironic technology: Old age and the implantable cardioverter defibrillator in US health care
by Kaufman, Sharon R. & Mueller, Paul S. & Ottenberg, Abigale L. & Koenig, Barbara A.
- 15-22 The construction of ethnic differences in work incapacity risks: Analysing ordering practices of physicians in the Netherlands
by Meershoek, Agnes & Krumeich, Anja & Vos, Rein
- 23-30 Accessing the field: Disability and the research process
by Brown, Lindsey & Boardman, Felicity K.
- 31-38 Unpacking capacity to utilize research: A tale of the Burkina Faso public health association
by Hamel, Nadia & Schrecker, Ted
- 39-48 Health sector decentralization and local decision-making: Decision space, institutional capacities and accountability in Pakistan
by Bossert, Thomas John & Mitchell, Andrew David
- 49-53 How will e-health affect patient participation in the clinic? A review of e-health studies and the current evidence for changes in the relationship between medical professionals and patients
by Dedding, Christine & van Doorn, Roesja & Winkler, Lex & Reis, Ria
- 54-62 Internet peer support for individuals with psychiatric disabilities: A randomized controlled trial
by Kaplan, Katy & Salzer, Mark S. & Solomon, Phyllis & Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Cousounis, Pamela
- 63-71 Effectiveness of a video-based motivational skills-building HIV risk-reduction intervention for female military personnel
by Essien, E. James & Mgbere, Osaro & Monjok, Emmanuel & Ekong, Ernest & Holstad, Marcia M. & Kalichman, Seth C.
- 72-82 Examining the association of abortion history and current mental health: A reanalysis of the National Comorbidity Survey using a common-risk-factors model
by Steinberg, Julia R. & Finer, Lawrence B.
- 83-90 Predictors of alcohol use prior to pregnancy recognition among township women in Cape Town, South Africa
by O'Connor, Mary J. & Tomlinson, Mark & LeRoux, Ingrid M. & Stewart, Jacqueline & Greco, Erin & Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane
- 91-99 "When you got nothing to do, you do somebody": A community's perceptions of neighborhood effects on adolescent sexual behaviors
by Akers, Aletha Y. & Muhammad, Melvin R. & Corbie-Smith, Giselle
- 100-107 Do early-life conditions predict functional health status in adulthood? The case of Mexico
by Huang, Cheng & Soldo, Beth J. & Elo, Irma T.
- 108-115 Inequalities in childhood cancer mortality according to parental socioeconomic position: A birth cohort study in South Korea
by Son, Mia & Kim, Jongoh & Oh, Juhwan & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 116-123 A longitudinal analysis of the relationship between changes in socio-economic status and changes in health
by Halleröd, Björn & Gustafsson, Jan-Eric
2010, Volume 71, Issue 12
- 2047-2048 An appreciation of Mildred Blaxter, 1925-2010
by Macintyre, Sally
- 2049-2056 Effects of child health on housing in the urban U.S
by Curtis, Marah A. & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 2057-2065 Are local health department expenditures related to racial disparities in mortality?
by Grembowski, David & Bekemeier, Betty & Conrad, Douglas & Kreuter, William
- 2066-2073 Mortality and business cycles by level of development: Evidence from Mexico
by Gonzalez, Fidel & Quast, Troy
- 2074-2082 Demand for voluntary health insurance in developing countries: The case of Vietnam's school-age children and adolescent student health insurance program
by Nguyen, Ha & Knowles, James
- 2083-2090 Economic fluctuations and suicide: A comparison of Taiwan and Hong Kong
by Chen, Ying-Yeh & Yip, Paul S.F. & Lee, Carmen & Fan, Hsiang-Fang & Fu, King-Wa
- 2091-2099 Sex differences in physical and mental functioning of Japanese civil servants: Explanations from work and family characteristics
by Sekine, Michikazu & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka & Marmot, Michael & Kagamimori, Sadanobu
- 2100-2107 What does "occupation" represent as an indicator of socioeconomic status?: Exploring occupational prestige and health
by Fujishiro, Kaori & Xu, Jun & Gong, Fang
- 2108-2116 Metropolitan isolation segregation and Black-White disparities in very preterm birth: A test of mediating pathways and variance explained
by Kramer, Michael R. & Cooper, Hannah L. & Drews-Botsch, Carolyn D. & Waller, Lance A. & Hogue, Carol R.
- 2117-2129 The geography of institutional psychiatric care in France 1800-2000: Historical analysis of the spatial diffusion of specialised facilities for institutional care of mental illness
by Coldefy, Magali & Curtis, Sarah E.
- 2130-2140 Employment relations, social class and health: A review and analysis of conceptual and measurement alternatives
by Muntaner, Carles & Borrell, Carme & Vanroelen, Christophe & Chung, Haejoo & Benach, Joan & Kim, Il Ho & Ng, Edwin
- 2141-2149 Inventory and analysis of definitions of social participation found in the aging literature: Proposed taxonomy of social activities
by Levasseur, Mélanie & Richard, Lucie & Gauvin, Lise & Raymond, Émilie
- 2150-2161 Correlates and consequences of internalized stigma for people living with mental illness: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Livingston, James D. & Boyd, Jennifer E.
- 2162-2169 Chinese and American employers' perspectives regarding hiring people with behaviorally driven health conditions: The role of stigma
by Corrigan, Patrick W. & Tsang, Hector W.H. & Shi, Kan & Lam, Chow S. & Larson, Jon
- 2170-2177 Experience of human rights violations and subsequent mental disorders - A study following the war in the Balkans
by Priebe, Stefan & Bogic, Marija & Ashcroft, Richard & Franciskovic, Tanja & Galeazzi, Gian Maria & Kucukalic, Abdulah & Lecic-Tosevski, Dusica & Morina, Nexhmedin & Popovski, Mihajlo & Roughton, Michael & Schützwohl, Matthias & Ajdukovic, Dean
- 2178-2186 The gendered experience of stigmatization in severe and persistent mental illness in Lima, Peru
by Robillard, Chantal
- 2187-2194 Precarious spaces: Risk, responsibility and uncertainty in school-based suicide prevention programs
by White, Jennifer & Morris, Jonathan
- 2195-2203 Medical training as adventure-wonder and adventure-ordeal: A dialogical analysis of affect-laden pedagogy
by Madill, Anne & Sullivan, Paul
- 2204-2211 Fresh or frozen? Classifying 'spare' embryos for donation to human embryonic stem cell research
by Ehrich, Kathryn & Williams, Clare & Farsides, Bobbie
- 2212-2218 Experiences of, and attitudes towards, pregnancy and fatherhood amongst incarcerated young male offenders: Findings from a qualitative study
by Buston, Katie Margaret
- 2219-2219 Special issue call for papers: Challenges of changing health behaviours
by Aboud, Frances
2010, Volume 71, Issue 11
- 1897-1900 Virtual special issue introduction: Health behaviour change
by Aboud, Frances E.
- 1901-1909 Impacts of a support intervention for low-income women who smoke
by Stewart, Miriam J. & Kushner, Kaysi Eastlick & Greaves, Lorraine & Letourneau, Nicole & Spitzer, Denise & Boscoe, Madeline
- 1910-1912 The value of more information: A commentary on Stewart et al
by Lillard, Dean R.
- 1913-1915 Participatory pilot interventions for vulnerable populations: A response to Lillard
by Stewart, Miriam J. & Letourneau, Nicole L. & Kushner, Kaysi E.
- 1916-1920 An RCT study to evaluate a targeted, theory driven healthy eating leaflet
by Baker, Holly J. & Butler, Laurie T. & Chambers, Stephanie A. & Traill, W. Bruce & Lobb, Alexandra E. & Herbert, Georgia
- 1921-1926 Factors associated with partner referral among patients with sexually transmitted infections in Bangladesh
by Alam, Nazmul & Streatfield, Peter Kim & Khan, Sharful Islam & Momtaz, Dalia & Kristensen, Sibylle & Vermund, Sten H.
- 1927-1934 A life-cycle approach to the analysis of the relationship between social capital and health in Britain
by Borgonovi, Francesca
- 1935-1942 Do the wealthy have a health advantage? Cardiovascular disease risk factors and wealth
by Hajat, A. & Kaufman, J.S. & Rose, K.M. & Siddiqi, A. & Thomas, J.C.
- 1943-1950 Neighborhoods, daily activities, and measuring health risks experienced in urban environments
by Basta, Luke A. & Richmond, Therese S. & Wiebe, Douglas J.
- 1951-1957 Scottish mortality rates 2000-2002 by deprivation and small area population mobility
by Brown, Denise & Leyland, Alastair H.
- 1958-1963 National female literacy, individual socio-economic status, and maternal health care use in sub-Saharan Africa
by McTavish, Sarah & Moore, Spencer & Harper, Sam & Lynch, John
- 1964-1972 Income-related health inequalities in the Nordic countries: Examining the role of education, occupational class, and age
by Huijts, Tim & Eikemo, Terje Andreas & Skalická, Vera
- 1973-1980 Reducing child malnutrition in Nigeria: Combined effects of income growth and provision of information about mothers' access to health care services
by Agee, Mark D.
- 1981-1988 Do self-perceived health changes predict longevity?
by Erdogan-Ciftci, Esen & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Bago d'Uva, Teresa & van Lenthe, Frank
- 1989-1996 Extending transaction cost economics: Towards a synthesised approach for analysing contracting in health care markets with experience from the Australian private sector
by Donato, Ronald
- 1997-2004 Integrated care in the emergency department: A complex adaptive systems perspective
by Nugus, Peter & Carroll, Katherine & Hewett, David G. & Short, Alison & Forero, Roberto & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 2005-2013 Discursive gaps in the implementation of public health policy guidelines in India: The case of HIV testing
by Sheikh, Kabir & Porter, John
- 2014-2019 Increasing supply of dentists induces their geographic diffusion in contrast with physicians in Japan
by Toyokawa, Satoshi & Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 2020-2027 Urban-rural differences in dental caries of 5-year old children in Scotland
by Levin, Kate A. & Davies, Carolyn A. & Douglas, Gail V.A. & Pitts, Nigel B.
- 2028-2037 False hope: Effects of social class and health policy on oral health inequalities for migrant farmworker families
by Castañeda, Heide & Carrion, Iraida V. & Kline, Nolan & Tyson, Dinorah Martinez
- 2038-2045 Birth choices in Timor-Leste: A framework for understanding the use of maternal health services in low resource settings
by Wild, Kayli & Barclay, Lesley & Kelly, Paul & Martins, Nelson
- 2046-2046 Corrigendum to: "Suicide prevention by limiting access to methods: A review of theory and practice" [Social Science & Medicine, 70, (2010), 1626-1632]
by Florentine, Julia Buus & Crane, Catherine
2010, Volume 71, Issue 10
- 1703-1710 Joining-up thinking: Loss in childbearing from inter-disciplinary perspectives
by de Kok, Bregje & Hussein, Julia & Jeffery, Patricia
- 1711-1718 Only when the boat has started sinking: A maternal death in rural north India
by Jeffery, Patricia & Jeffery, Roger
- 1719-1727 Confronting maternal mortality, controlling birth in Nepal: The gendered politics of receiving biomedical care at birth
by Brunson, Jan
- 1728-1738 A lost cause? Extending verbal autopsy to investigate biomedical and socio-cultural causes of maternal death in Burkina Faso and Indonesia
by D'Ambruoso, Lucia & Byass, Peter & Qomariyah, Siti Nurul & Ouédraogo, Moctar