Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2010, Volume 71, Issue 7
- 1357-1365 The "aid contract" and its compensation scheme: A case study of the performance of the Ugandan health sector
by Oliveira Cruz, Valeria & McPake, Barbara
- 1366-1373 Poverty and childhood undernutrition in developing countries: A multi-national cohort study
by Petrou, Stavros & Kupek, Emil
- 1374-1374 Corrigendum to: "Understanding factors influencing substance use in people with recent onset psychosis: A qualitative study" [Social Science & Medicine 70 (2010) 1141-1147]
by Lobban, Fiona & Barrowclough, Christine & Jeffery, Sophie & Bucci, Sandra & Taylor, Katherine & Mallinson, Sara & Fitzsimmons, Mike & Marshall, Max
2010, Volume 71, Issue 6
- 1049-1055 Evidence and policymaking: The introduction of MMR vaccine in the Netherlands
by Blume, Stuart & Tump, Janneke
- 1056-1062 Evidence based public health: A review of the experience of the National Institute of Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) of developing public health guidance in England
by Kelly, Michael & Morgan, Antony & Ellis, Simon & Younger, Tricia & Huntley, Jane & Swann, Catherine
- 1063-1067 From mainstream to marginal? Trends in the use of Chinese medicine in China from 1991 to 2004
by Jin, Lei
- 1068-1075 'Fantastic hands' - But no evidence: The construction of expertise by users of CAM
by Pedersen, Inge Kryger & Baarts, Charlotte
- 1076-1083 The medicalisation of 'tall' girls: A discourse analysis of medical literature on the use of synthetic oestrogen to reduce female height
by Rayner, Jo-Anne & Pyett, Priscilla & Astbury, Jill
- 1084-1088 Medical specialty prestige and lifestyle preferences for medical students
by Creed, Peter A. & Searle, Judy & Rogers, Mary E.
- 1089-1093 Cervical cancer screening in Malaysia: Are targeted interventions necessary?
by Dunn, Richard A. & Tan, Andrew K.G.
- 1094-1101 "I like to be an informed person but..." negotiating responsibility for treatment decisions in cancer care
by Sinding, Christina & Hudak, Pamela & Wiernikowski, Jennifer & Aronson, Jane & Miller, Pat & Gould, Judy & Fitzpatrick-Lewis, Donna
- 1102-1109 Chasing the dragon: Developing indicators for the assessment of community participation in health programmes
by Draper, Alizon Katharine & Hewitt, Gillian & Rifkin, Susan
- 1110-1118 The emergence of community health worker programmes in the late apartheid era in South Africa: An historical analysis
by van Ginneken, Nadja & Lewin, Simon & Berridge, Virginia
- 1119-1130 Exploring the use of social network methods in designing healthcare quality improvement teams
by Meltzer, David & Chung, Jeanette & Khalili, Parham & Marlow, Elizabeth & Arora, Vineet & Schumock, Glen & Burt, Ron
- 1131-1140 Rural vs urban hospital performance in a 'competitive' public health service
by Garcia-Lacalle, Javier & Martin, Emilio
- 1141-1149 Associations between income inequality at municipality level and health depend on context - A multilevel analysis on myocardial infarction in Sweden
by Henriksson, Göran & Weitoft, Gunilla Ringbäck & Allebeck, Peter
- 1150-1160 Socioeconomic position, gender, health behaviours and biomarkers of cardiovascular disease and diabetes
by Kavanagh, Anne & Bentley, Rebecca J. & Turrell, Gavin & Shaw, Jonathan & Dunstan, David & Subramanian, S.V.
- 1161-1172 The effect of immigrant generation and duration on self-rated health among US adults 2003-2007
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Bates, Lisa M. & Osypuk, Theresa L. & McArdle, Nancy
- 1173-1181 The mental health and psychosocial adjustment of Cuban immigrants in south Florida
by Cislo, Andrew M. & Spence, Naomi J. & Gayman, Mathew D.
- 1182-1188 Do experiences of racial discrimination predict cardiovascular disease among African American men? The moderating role of internalized negative racial group attitudes
by Chae, David H. & Lincoln, Karen D. & Adler, Nancy E. & Syme, S. Leonard
- 1189-1198 The contribution of smoking and obesity to income-related inequalities in health in England
by Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Morris, Stephen
- 1199-1207 Intimate partner violence and initiation of smoking and drinking: A population-based study of women in Yokohama, Japan
by Yoshihama, Mieko & Horrocks, Julie & Bybee, Deborah
- 1208-1217 Trajectory of functional status among older Taiwanese: Gender and age variations
by Liang, Jersey & Wang, Chia-Ning & Xu, Xiao & Hsu, Hui-Chuan & Lin, Hui-Shen & Lin, Yu-Hsuan
- 1218-1218 Corrigendum to: "Harmed patients gaining voice: Challenging dominant perspectives in the construction of medical harm and patient safety reforms" [Social Science & Medicine 71 (2010) 510-516]
by Ocloo, Josephine Enyonam
2010, Volume 71, Issue 5
- 841-850 Politics and health in eight European countries: A comparative study of mortality decline under social democracies and right-wing governments
by Granados, José A. Tapia
- 851-852 Politics, public health and pessimism: Should we take studies on welfare states and public health further? A commentary on Tapia Granados
by Lundberg, Olle
- 853-860 Jade and the journalists: Media coverage of a young British celebrity dying of cancer
by Walter, Tony
- 861-868 How the mass media report social statistics: A case study concerning research on end-of-life decisions
by Seale, Clive
- 869-876 Masculinity, moralities and being cared for: An exploration of experiences of living and dying in a hospice
by Broom, Alex & Cavenagh, John
- 877-883 Smokers' accounts on the health risks of smoking: Why is smoking not dangerous for me?
by Heikkinen, Hanne & Patja, Kristiina & Jallinoja, Piia
- 884-890 'Waiting until they got home': Gender, smoking and tobacco exposure in households in Scotland
by Robinson, Jude & Ritchie, Deborah & Amos, Amanda & Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Greaves, Lorraine & Martin, Claudia
- 891-897 Westernization and tobacco use among young people in Delhi, India
by Stigler, Melissa & Dhavan, Poonam & Van Dusen, Duncan & Arora, Monika & Reddy, K.S. & Perry, Cheryl L.
- 898-909 How and where clinicians exercise power: Interprofessional relations in health care
by Nugus, Peter & Greenfield, David & Travaglia, Joanne & Westbrook, Johanna & Braithwaite, Jeffrey
- 910-917 Genetic unexceptionalism: Clinician accounts of genetic testing for familial hypercholesterolaemia
by Will, Catherine M. & Armstrong, David & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 918-924 The effect of Medicaid eligibility expansions on fertility
by Zavodny, Madeline & Bitler, Marianne P.
- 925-934 The tradeoff between centralized and decentralized health services: Evidence from rural areas in Mexico
by Vargas Bustamante, Arturo
- 935-940 Improved health outcomes in urban slums through infrastructure upgrading
by Butala, Neel M. & VanRooyen, Michael J. & Patel, Ronak Bhailal
- 941-949 Childhood nutritional deprivation and cognitive impairment among older Chinese people
by Zhang, Zhenmei & Gu, Danan & Hayward, Mark D.
- 950-957 A consideration of medicalisation: Choice, engagement and other responsibilities of parents of children with autism spectrum disorder
by Valentine, Kylie
- 958-965 Sibling supervision and young children's risk of injury: A comparison of mothers' and older siblings' reactions to risk taking by a younger child in the family
by Morrongiello, Barbara & Schmidt, Sarah & Schell, Stacy L.
- 966-974 AIDS in the family and community: The impact on child health in Malawi
by Kidman, Rachel & Hanley, James A. & Subramanian, S.V. & Foster, Geoff & Heymann, Jody
- 975-985 Exploring children's stigmatisation of AIDS-affected children in Zimbabwe through drawings and stories
by Campbell, Catherine & Skovdal, Morten & Mupambireyi, Zivai & Gregson, Simon
- 986-993 Working outside of the box: How HIV counselors in Sub-Saharan Africa adapt Western HIV testing norms
by Angotti, Nicole
- 994-1001 Hygiene and sanitation among ethnic minorities in Northern Vietnam: Does government promotion match community priorities?
by Rheinländer, Thilde & Samuelsen, Helle & Dalsgaard, Anders & Konradsen, Flemming
- 1002-1010 Health status, health behaviour and healthcare use among migrants in the UK: Evidence from mothers in the Millennium Cohort Study
by Jayaweera, Hiranthi & Quigley, Maria A.
- 1011-1017 Dissonances in self-reported health and mortality across denominational groups in Northern Ireland
by O'Reilly, Dermot & Rosato, Michael
- 1018-1026 The associations of household wealth and income with self-rated health - A study on economic advantage in middle-aged Finnish men and women
by Aittomäki, Akseli & Martikainen, Pekka & Laaksonen, Mikko & Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 1027-1036 Short and long sleep are positively associated with obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease among adults in the United States
by Buxton, Orfeu M. & Marcelli, Enrico
- 1037-1044 A four year (1996-2000) analysis of social capital and health status of Canadians: The difference that love makes
by Nakhaie, Reza & Arnold, Robert
- 1045-1046 In memory of Charles Leslie
by DelVecchio Good, Mary-Jo
- 1047-1047 Corrigendum to: "Resources and obstacles to developing and implementing a structural intervention to prevent HIV in San Salvador, El Salvador" [Social Science & Medicine, 70 (2010), 351-359]
by Dickson-Gomez, Julia & Corbett, A. Michelle & Bodnar, Gloria & Rodriguez, Karla & Guevara, Carmen E.
2010, Volume 71, Issue 4
- 651-656 Rethinking measurement of neighborhood in the context of health research
by Schaefer-McDaniel, Nicole & Dunn, James R. & Minian, Nadia & Katz, Danielle
- 657-666 Seasonality in suicide - A review and search of new concepts for explaining the heterogeneous phenomena
by Ajdacic-Gross, Vladeta & Bopp, Matthias & Ring, Mariann & Gutzwiller, Felix & Rossler, Wulf
- 667-671 Policy implications of a financial incentive programme to retain a physician workforce in underserved Japanese rural areas
by Matsumoto, Masatoshi & Inoue, Kazuo & Kajii, Eiji
- 672-676 Changing maternity leave policy: Short-term effects on fertility rates and demographic variables in Germany
by Thyrian, Jochen René & Fendrich, Konstanze & Lange, Anja & Haas, Johannes-Peter & Zygmunt, Marek & Hoffmann, Wolfgang
- 677-684 Ethical challenges in the provision of end-of-life care in Norwegian nursing homes
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth & Førde, Reidun & Pedersen, Reidar & Bollig, Georg
- 685-692 Pragmatic evidence and textual arrangements: A case study of French clinical cancer guidelines
by Knaapen, Loes & Cazeneuve, Hervé & Cambrosio, Alberto & Castel, Patrick & Fervers, Beatrice
- 693-701 Contextualizing diversity and culture within cancer control interventions for Latinas: Changing interventions, not cultures
by Erwin, Deborah O. & Treviño, Michelle & Saad-Harfouche, Frances G. & Rodriguez, Elisa M. & Gage, Elizabeth & Jandorf, Lina
- 702-707 What drives patients to sue doctors? The role of cultural factors in the pursuit of malpractice claims in Taiwan
by Chiu, Yu-Chan
- 708-716 Can arts projects improve young people's wellbeing? A social capital approach
by Hampshire, Katherine Rebecca & Matthijsse, Mathilde
- 717-724 Have investments in on-reserve health services and initiatives promoting community control improved First Nations' health in Manitoba?
by Lavoie, Josée Gabrielle & Forget, Evelyn L. & Prakash, Tara & Dahl, Matt & Martens, Patricia & O'Neil, John D.
- 725-733 Contemporary neuroscience in the media
by Racine, Eric & Waldman, Sarah & Rosenberg, Jarett & Illes, Judy
- 734-742 Specifying the effects of religion on medical helpseeking: The case of infertility
by Greil, Arthur & McQuillan, Julia & Benjamins, Maureen & Johnson, David R. & Johnson, Katherine M. & Heinz, Chelsea R.
- 743-750 From targeted exemptions to user fee abolition in health care: Experience from rural Zambia
by Masiye, Felix & Chitah, Bona M. & McIntyre, Diane
- 751-759 Decentralized health care priority-setting in Tanzania: Evaluating against the accountability for reasonableness framework
by Maluka, Stephen & Kamuzora, Peter & Sebastiån, Miguel San & Byskov, Jens & Olsen, Øystein E. & Shayo, Elizabeth & Ndawi, Benedict & Hurtig, Anna-Karin
- 760-768 Use of biomedical obstetric care in rural Tanzania: The role of social and material inequalities
by Spangler, Sydney A. & Bloom, Shelah S.
- 769-776 The meaning of "control" for childbearing women in the US
by Namey, Emily E. & Lyerly, Anne Drapkin
- 777-785 Relative deprivation and child health in the USA
by Lhila, Aparna & Simon, Kosali I.
- 786-798 Residential mobility in the UK during pregnancy and infancy: Are pregnant women, new mothers and infants 'unhealthy migrants'?
by Tunstall, Helena & Pickett, Kate & Johnsen, Sarah
- 799-806 Anywhere, anytime: Retail access to tobacco in New South Wales and its potential impact on consumption and quitting
by Paul, Christine L. & Mee, Kathleen J. & Judd, Tanya M. & Walsh, Raoul A. & Tang, Anita & Penman, Andrew & Girgis, Afaf
- 807-814 Love thy neighbour? Associations of social capital and crime with physical activity amongst women
by Ball, Kylie & Cleland, Verity J. & Timperio, Anna F. & Salmon, Jo & Giles-Corti, Billie & Crawford, David A.
- 815-823 Unemployment and self-rated health: Neighborhood influence
by Giatti, Luana & Barreto, Sandhi M. & César, Cibele C.
- 824-831 Substance abuse and mental health disparities: Comparisons across sexual identity groups in a national sample of young Australian women
by Hughes, Tonda & Szalacha, Laura A. & McNair, Ruth
- 832-839 Peer norms and consistent condom use with female sex workers among male clients in Sichuan province, China
by Yang, Cui & Latkin, Carl & Luan, Rongsheng & Nelson, Kenrad
2010, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 429-430 Application of directional statistics to health state valuation: A commentary on Craig and Oppe
by Shaw, James W. & Pickard, A. Simon & Yager, Ronald R.
- 431-439 The association of earnings with health in middle age: Do self-reported earnings for the previous year tell the whole story?
by Rehkopf, David H. & Jencks, Christopher & Glymour, M. Maria
- 440-450 The impact of pharmaceutical policy measures: An endogenous structural-break approach
by Barros, Pedro Pita & Nunes, Luis C.
- 451-458 Professional status in a changing world: The case of medicines use reviews in English community pharmacy
by McDonald, Ruth & Cheraghi-Sohi, Sudeh & Sanders, Caroline & Ashcroft, Darren
- 459-466 The social context of change in tobacco consumption following the introduction of 'smokefree' England legislation: A qualitative, longitudinal study
by Hargreaves, Katrina & Amos, Amanda & Highet, Gill & Martin, Claudia & Platt, Stephen & Ritchie, Deborah & White, Martin
- 467-474 Exploratory study of the impacts of Mutual Health Organizations on social dynamics in Benin
by Ridde, Valery & Haddad, Slim & Yacoubou, Moussa & Yacoubou, Ismaelou
- 475-481 Medical dominance and neoliberalisation in maternal care provision: The evidence from Canada and Australia
by Benoit, Cecilia & Zadoroznyj, Maria & Hallgrimsdottir, Helga & Treloar, Adrienne & Taylor, Kara
- 482-485 A rapid method for assessing social versus independent interest in health issues: A case study of 'bird flu' and 'swine flu'
by Bentley, R. Alexander & Ormerod, Paul
- 486-493 How do structured education programmes work? An ethnographic investigation of the dose adjustment for normal eating (DAFNE) programme for type 1 diabetes patients in the UK
by Lawton, Julia & Rankin, David
- 494-501 Intervention-mediated effects for adult physical activity: A latent growth curve analysis
by Roesch, Scott C. & Norman, Greg J. & Villodas, Feion & Sallis, James F. & Patrick, Kevin
- 502-509 Design-based regulation and patient safety: A regulatory studies perspective
by Yeung, Karen & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 510-516 Harmed patients gaining voice: Challenging dominant perspectives in the construction of medical harm and patient safety reforms
by Ocloo, Josephine Enyonam
- 517-528 Poverty and common mental disorders in low and middle income countries: A systematic review
by Lund, Crick & Breen, Alison & Flisher, Alan J. & Kakuma, Ritsuko & Corrigall, Joanne & Joska, John A. & Swartz, Leslie & Patel, Vikram
- 529-533 Do mental health and behavioural problems of early menarche persist into late adolescence? A three year follow-up study among adolescent girls in Oslo, Norway
by Lien, Lars & Haavet, Ole Rikard & Dalgard, Florence
- 534-540 Linking hospital workers' organisational work environment to depressive symptoms: A mediating effect of effort-reward imbalance? The ORSOSA study
by Jolivet, Anne & Caroly, Sandrine & Ehlinger, Virgine & Kelly-Irving, Michelle & Delpierre, Cyrille & Balducci, Franck & Sobaszek, Annie & De Gaudemaris, Régis & Lang, Thierry
- 541-550 Is neighborhood racial/ethnic composition associated with depressive symptoms? The multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis
by Mair, Christina & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Osypuk, Theresa L. & Rapp, Stephen R. & Seeman, Teresa & Watson, Karol E.
- 551-558 Mortality consequences of the 1959-1961 Great Leap Forward famine in China: Debilitation, selection, and mortality crossovers
by Song, Shige
- 559-567 A multi-level analysis of urban/rural and socioeconomic differences in functional health status transition among older Chinese
by Zimmer, Zachary & Wen, Ming & Kaneda, Toshiko
- 568-575 Gender differences in relationships between urban green space and health in the United Kingdom
by Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Mitchell, Richard
- 576-583 How do masculinity, paternity leave, and mortality associate? -A study of fathers in the Swedish parental & child cohort of 1988/89
by Månsdotter, Anna & Lundin, Andreas
- 584-591 Child obesity associated with social disadvantage of children's neighborhoods
by Greves Grow, H. Mollie & Cook, Andrea J. & Arterburn, David E. & Saelens, Brian E. & Drewnowski, Adam & Lozano, Paula
- 592-599 The epidemiology of spirit possession in the aftermath of mass political violence in Mozambique
by Igreja, Victor & Dias-Lambranca, Beatrice & Hershey, Douglas A. & Racin, Limore & Richters, Annemiek & Reis, Ria
- 600-607 Do stigma, blame and stereotyping contribute to unsafe sexual behaviour? A test of claims about the spread of HIV/AIDS arising from social representation theory and the AIDS risk reduction model
by Riley, Gerard Anthony & Baah-Odoom, Dinah
- 608-615 Chasing spirits: Clarifying the spirit child phenomenon and infanticide in Northern Ghana
by Denham, Aaron R. & Adongo, Philip B. & Freydberg, Nicole & Hodgson, Abraham
- 616-625 A multi-level model of condom use among male and female upper primary school students in Nyanza, Kenya
by Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor & Tenkorang, Eric Y.
- 626-633 Soft targets or partners in health? Retail pharmacies and their role in Tanzania's malaria control program
by Kamat, Vinay R. & Nyato, Daniel J.
- 634-642 Women's empowerment and reproductive experiences over the lifecourse
by Lee-Rife, Susan M.
- 643-649 Narratives of deprivation: Women's life stories around Maori sudden infant death syndrome
by McManus, Verne & Abel, Sally & McCreanor, Tim & Tipene-Leach, David
2010, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 213-220 Silencing distressed children in the context of war in northern Uganda: An analysis of its dynamics and its health consequences
by Akello, Grace & Reis, Ria & Richters, Annemiek
- 221-227 Human-initiated disaster, social disorganization and post-traumatic stress disorder above Nigeria's oil basins
by Beiser, Morton & Wiwa, Owens & Adebajo, Sylvia
- 228-235 Context, evidence and attitude: The case for photography in medical examinations of asylum seekers in the Netherlands
by Park, Rebekah & Oomen, Janus
- 236-243 Between the lines: Republicanism, dissenters and the politics of meta-trauma in the Northern Irish conflict
by Zenker, Olaf
- 244-248 Death knocks, professional practice, and the public good: The media experience of suicide reporting in New Zealand
by Collings, Sunny C. & Kemp, Christopher G.
- 249-250 Contribution to knowledge about media professionals' experiences with reporting suicide. A commentary on Collings and Kemp
by Pirkis, Jane Elizabeth
- 251-258 A new conceptualization of ethnicity for social epidemiologic and health equity research
by Ford, Chandra L. & Harawa, Nina T.
- 259-265 Life-course financial strain and health in African-Americans
by Szanton, Sarah L. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Whitfield, Keith
- 266-273 Is wealthier always healthier? The impact of national income level, inequality, and poverty on public health in Latin America
by Biggs, Brian & King, Lawrence & Basu, Sanjay & Stuckler, David
- 274-281 Racial differences in stage at diagnosis and survival from epithelial ovarian cancer: A fundamental cause of disease approach
by Kim, Seijeoung & Dolecek, Therese A. & Davis, Faith G.
- 282-287 Is socioeconomic disparity in disability improving among Korean elders?
by Jang, Soong-Nang & Cho, Sung-il & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 288-297 Does education buffer the impact of disability on psychological distress?
by Mandemakers, Jornt J. & Monden, Christiaan W.S.
- 298-304 Work stress of primary care physicians in the US, UK and German health care systems
by Siegrist, Johannes & Shackelton, Rebecca & Link, Carol & Marceau, Lisa & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & McKinlay, John
- 305-313 Gender differences in depression in 23 European countries. Cross-national variation in the gender gap in depression
by Van de Velde, Sarah & Bracke, Piet & Levecque, Katia
- 314-323 Fever, malaria and primary repetition rates amongst school children in Mali: Combining demographic and health surveys (DHS) with spatial malariological measures
by Thuilliez, Josselin
- 324-334 Malaria and primary education in Mali: A longitudinal study in the village of Donéguébougou
by Thuilliez, Josselin & Sissoko, Mahamadou S. & Toure, Ousmane B. & Kamate, Paul & Berthélemy, Jean-Claude & Doumbo, Ogobara K.
- 335-344 Investigating the association between HIV/AIDS and recent fertility patterns in Kenya
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Agwanda, Alfred O.
- 345-352 Antiretroviral therapy and reproductive life projects: Mitigating the stigma of AIDS in Nigeria
by Smith, Daniel Jordan & Mbakwem, Benjamin C.
- 353-361 Somali immigrant women and the American health care system: Discordant beliefs, divergent expectations, and silent worries
by Pavlish, Carol Lynn & Noor, Sahra & Brandt, Joan
- 362-369 Therapeutic networks of pregnancy care: Bengali immigrant women in New York City
by Chakrabarti, Ranjana
- 370-377 Negotiating normalization: The perils of producing pregnancy symptoms in prenatal care
by Bessett, Danielle
- 378-385 'Containment' as an analytical framework for understanding patient delay: A qualitative study of cancer patients' symptom interpretation processes
by Andersen, Rikke Sand & Paarup, Bjarke & Vedsted, Peter & Bro, Flemming & Soendergaard, Jens
- 386-393 No one listens to me, nobody believes me: Self management and the experience of living with encephalitis
by Atkin, Karl & Stapley, Sally & Easton, Ava
- 394-399 Network analysis as a tool to assess the intersectoral management of health determinants at the local level: A report from an exploratory study of two Cuban municipalities
by Pagliccia, Nino & Spiegel, Jerry & Alegret, Milagros & Bonet, Mariano & Martinez, Barbara & Yassi, Annalee
- 400-404 Disparities in systems development for elder abuse prevention among municipalities in Japan: Implications for strategies to help municipalities develop community systems
by Nakanishi, Miharu & Nakashima, Taeko & Honda, Tatsuo
- 405-413 Direct and indirect effects of obesity on U.S. labor market outcomes of older working age adults
by Renna, F. & Thakur, Nidhi
- 414-420 Health outcomes of Experience CorpsÂ®: A high-commitment volunteer program
by Hong, S.I. & Morrow-Howell, Nancy
- 421-428 Waiting is the hardest part: Anticipating medical test results affects processing and recall of important information
by Portnoy, David B.
2010, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-9 Race and shared decision-making: Perspectives of African-Americans with diabetes
by Peek, Monica E. & Odoms-Young, Angela & Quinn, Michael T. & Gorawara-Bhat, Rita & Wilson, Shannon C. & Chin, Marshall H.
- 10-12 What do we mean by 'racism'? Conceptualising the range of what we call racism in health care settings: A commentary on Peek etÂ al
by Bradby, Hannah
- 13-17 Racism in healthcare: Its relationship to shared decision-making and health disparities: A response to Bradby
by Peek, Monica E. & Odoms-Young, Angela & Quinn, Michael T. & Gorawara-Bhat, Rita & Wilson, Shannon C. & Chin, Marshall H.
- 18-24 Help seeking for cardiac symptoms: Beyond the masculine-feminine binary
by Galdas, Paul M. & Johnson, Joy L. & Percy, Myra E. & Ratner, Pamela A.
- 25-29 Gender equity in treatment for cardiac heart disease in Portugal
by Perelman, Julian & Mateus, Céu & Fernandes, Ana
- 30-37 Attrition from self-directed interventions: Investigating the relationship between psychological predictors, intervention content and dropout from a body dissatisfaction intervention
by Geraghty, Adam W.A. & Wood, Alex M. & Hyland, Michael E.
- 38-44 Effectiveness of a knowledge-contact program in improving nursing students' attitudes and emotional competence in serving people living with HIV/AIDS
by Yiu, Jessie W. & Mak, Winnie W.S. & Ho, Winnie S. & Chui, Ying Yu
- 45-52 Narratives that address affective forecasting errors reduce perceived barriers to colorectal cancer screening
by Dillard, Amanda J. & Fagerlin, Angela & Cin, Sonya Dal & Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & Ubel, Peter A.
- 53-61 'It would be nice if they could give us more language' - Serving South Africa's multilingual patient base
by Deumert, Ana
- 62-70 Choosing early pregnancy termination methods in Urban Mozambique
by Mitchell, Ellen M.H. & Kwizera, Amata & Usta, Momade & Gebreselassie, Hailemichael
- 71-83 Suffering, hope, and entrapment: Resilience and cultural values in Afghanistan
by Eggerman, Mark & Panter-Brick, Catherine
- 84-92 The influence of social stigma and discriminatory experience on psychological distress and quality of life among rural-to-urban migrants in China
by Wang, Bo & Li, Xiaoming & Stanton, Bonita & Fang, Xiaoyi
- 93-101 Individual and environmental correlates of dietary fat intake in rural communities: A structural equation model analysis
by Hermstad, April K. & Swan, Deanne W. & Kegler, Michelle C. & Barnette, J.K. & Glanz, Karen
- 102-109 Role of neighbourhoods in child growth and development: Does 'place' matter?
by Avan, Bilal Iqbal & Kirkwood, Betty
- 110-115 Long-term economic costs of psychological problems during childhood
by Smith, James Patrick & Smith, Gillian C.
- 116-124 Measurement of health, health inequality, and reporting heterogeneity
by Ziebarth, Nicolas
- 125-133 Individual vulnerability and the nurturing state: The case of self-reported health and relative income
by Furnée, Carina A. & Pfann, Gerard A.
- 134-142 Heavy drinking and health promotion activities
by Ettner, Susan L. & French, Michael T. & Popovici, Ioana
- 143-151 Education, alcohol use and abuse among young adults in Britain
by Huerta, Maria C. & Borgonovi, Francesca
- 152-160 Experimental evidence of welfare reform impact on clinical anxiety and depression levels among poor women
by Jagannathan, Radha & Camasso, Michael J. & Sambamoorthi, Usha
- 161-165 Religion and conscientious objection: A survey of pharmacists' willingness to dispense medications
by Davidson, Laura A. & Pettis, Clare T. & Joiner, Amber J. & Cook, Daniel M. & Klugman, Craig M.
- 166-172 Nurses, Inc.: Expansion and commercialization of nursing education in the Philippines
by Masselink, Leah E. & Lee, Shoou-Yih Daniel
- 173-180 Interpersonal conflict and depression among Japanese workers with high or low socioeconomic status: Findings from the Japan Work Stress and Health Cohort Study
by Inoue, Akiomi & Kawakami, Norito
- 181-186 Loneliness and risk of mortality: A longitudinal investigation in Alameda County, California
by Patterson, Andrew C. & Veenstra, Gerry
- 187-195 Life course socioeconomic position is associated with inflammatory markers: The Framingham Offspring Study
by Loucks, Eric B. & Pilote, Louise & Lynch, John W. & Richard, Hugues & Almeida, Nisha D. & Benjamin, Emelia J. & Murabito, Joanne M.
- 196-204 Financial hardship and psychological distress: Exploring the buffering effects of religion
by Bradshaw, Matt & Ellison, Christopher G.
- 205-211 A Latino advantage in oral health-related quality of life is modified by nativity status
by Sanders, Anne E.
2010, Volume 70, Issue 12
- 1867-1873 An anthropological analysis of European Union (EU) health governance as biopolitics: The case of the EU tissues and cells directive
by Hoeyer, Klaus
- 1874-1881 Should I stay or should I go? Career change and labor force separation among registered nurses in the U.S
by Nooney, Jennifer G. & Unruh, Lynn & Yore, Michelle M.
- 1882-1887 User satisfaction is influenced by the interval between a health care service and the assessment of the service
by Jensen, Hanne Irene & Ammentorp, Jette & Kofoed, Poul-Erik
- 1888-1895 Interruptions and resistance: A comparison of medical consultations with family and trained interpreters
by Leanza, Yvan & Boivin, Isabelle & Rosenberg, Ellen
- 1896-1903 Assessing the quality of democratic deliberation: A case study of public deliberation on the ethics of surrogate consent for research
by De Vries, Raymond & Stanczyk, Aimee & Wall, Ian F. & Uhlmann, Rebecca & Damschroder, Laura J. & Kim, Scott Y.
- 1904-1911 The ethics of responsibility and ownership in decision-making about treatment for breast cancer: Triangulation of consultation with patient and surgeon perspectives
by Mendick, Nicola & Young, Bridget & Holcombe, Christopher & Salmon, Peter
- 1912-1919 'Like sugar and honey': The embedded ethics of a larval control project in The Gambia
by Kelly, Ann H. & Ameh, David & Majambere, Silas & Lindsay, Steve & Pinder, Margaret
- 1920-1927 The female community health volunteer programme in Nepal: Decision makers' perceptions of volunteerism, payment and other incentives
by Glenton, Claire & Scheel, Inger B. & Pradhan, Sabina & Lewin, Simon & Hodgins, Stephen & Shrestha, Vijaya
- 1928-1932 International involvement and national health governance: The basic benefit package in Tajikistan
by Rechel, Bernd & Khodjamurodov, Ghafur
- 1933-1942 Establishing health systems financing research priorities in developing countries using a participatory methodology
by Ranson, Kent & Law, Tyler J. & Bennett, Sara
- 1943-1947 Estimating the costs of medicalization
by Conrad, Peter & Mackie, Thomas & Mehrotra, Ateev
- 1948-1956 The role (or not) of economic evaluation at the micro level: Can Bourdieu's theory provide a way forward for clinical decision-making?
by Lessard, Chantale & Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre & Beaulieu, Marie-Dominique
- 1957-1965 Using discrete choice experiments to understand preferences for quality of life. Variance-scale heterogeneity matters
by Flynn, Terry Nicholas & Louviere, Jordan J. & Peters, Tim J. & Coast, Joanna
- 1966-1973 Factors influencing gender differences in smoking and their separate contributions: Evidence from South Korea
by Chung, Woojin & Lim, Seungji & Lee, Sunmi
- 1974-1981 Symmetric mortality and asymmetric suicide cycles
by Wu, Wen-Chieh & Cheng, Hui-Pei
- 1982-1987 Temporary work and depressive symptoms: A propensity score analysis
by Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie & DeHaney, Suzanne & Ciampi, Antonio
- 1988-1996 Allostatic load is associated with chronic conditions in the Boston Puerto Rican Health Study
by Mattei, Josiemer & Demissie, Serkalem & Falcon, Luis M. & Ordovas, Jose M. & Tucker, Katherine
- 1997-2005 Immigrant generation and physical activity among Mexican, Chinese & Filipino adults in the U.S
by Afable-Munsuz, Aimee & Ponce, Ninez A. & Rodriguez, Michael & Perez-Stable, Eliseo J.
- 2006-2010 The road to efficiency? Re-examining the impact of the primary care physician workforce on health care utilization rates
by Wright, David Bradley & Ricketts III, Thomas C.
- 2011-2018 Individual, social and environmental correlates of physical activity among women living in socioeconomically disadvantaged neighbourhoods
by Cleland, Verity & Ball, Kylie & Hume, Clare & Timperio, Anna & King, Abby C. & Crawford, David
- 2019-2028 Compared to whom? Subjective social status, self-rated health, and referent group sensitivity in a diverse US sample
by Wolff, Lisa S. & Subramanian, S.V. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Weber, Deanne & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 2029-2035 "If your shoes are raggedy you get talked about": Symbolic and material dimensions of adolescent social status and health
by Sweet, Elizabeth
- 2036-2044 Disclosure and sickle cell disorder: A mixed methods study of the young person with sickle cell at school
by Dyson, Simon Martin & Atkin, Karl & Culley, Lorraine A. & Dyson, Sue E. & Evans, Hala & Rowley, Dave T.
- 2045-2051 Internalization of stigma for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder in Hong Kong
by Mak, Winnie W.S. & Kwok, Yvonne T.Y.
- 2052-2060 Job quality and inequality: Parents' jobs and children's emotional and behavioural difficulties
by Strazdins, Lyndall & Shipley, Megan & Clements, Mark & Obrien, Léan V. & Broom, Dorothy H.
- 2061-2069 Siblings and childhood mental health: Evidence for a later-born advantage
by Lawson, David W. & Mace, Ruth
- 2070-2079 The meaning and mental health consequences of long-term immigration detention for people seeking asylum
by Coffey, Guy J. & Kaplan, Ida & Sampson, Robyn C. & Tucci, Maria Montagna
- 2080-2084 Understanding the association between condom use at first and most recent sexual intercourse: An assessment of normative, calculative, and habitual explanations
by Stulhofer, Aleksandar & Bacak, Valerio & Ajdukovic, Dea & Graham, Cynthia
- 2085-2095 Adolescents can know best: Using concept mapping to identify factors and pathways driving adolescent sexuality in Lima, Peru
by Bayer, Angela M. & Cabrera, Lilia Z. & Gilman, Robert H. & Hindin, Michelle J. & Tsui, Amy O.
- 2096-2096 Corrigendum to: "The design and validation of a spatial microsimulation model ofÂ obesogenic environments for children in Leeds, UK: SimObesity" [Social Science & Medicine, 69 (2009), 1127-1134]
by Edwards, Kimberley L. & Clarke, Graham P.
- 2097-2097 Corrigendum to: "Who profits from visual aids: Overcoming challenges in people's understanding of risks" [Social Science & Medicine, 70 (2010), 1019-1025
by Garcia-Retamero, Rocio & Galesic, Mirta
2010, Volume 70, Issue 11
- 1665-1668 Reforming medical education: A review and synthesis of five critiques of medical practice
by Sales, Christopher S. & Schlaff, Anthony L.
- 1669-1671 Will teaching social sciences to medical students hasten health care reform? A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Weller, Jennifer M. & Woodward, Alistair J.
- 1672-1676 Recipes for medical education reform: Will different ingredients create better doctors? A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Whitehead, Cynthia
- 1677-1679 The two dogmas of empirical education in medicine. A commentary on Sales and Schlaff
by Schwab, Abraham
- 1680-1681 Reforming medical education: A response to Weller and Woodward, and Whitehead, and Schwab
by Sales, Christopher S. & Schlaff, Anthony L.
- 1682-1689 Scripting patienthood with patient clothing
by Topo, Päivi & Iltanen-Tähkävuori, Sonja
- 1690-1692 Welfare embodied: The materiality of hospital dress: A commentary on Topo and Iltanen-Tähkävuori
by Twigg, Julia
- 1693-1700 Illness reporting and demand for medical care in rural Burkina Faso
by Pokhrel, Subhash & De Allegri, Manuela & Gbangou, Adijma & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 1701-1704 Factors that influence the participation of healthcare professionals in advance care planning for patients with terminal cancer: A nationwide survey in Taiwan
by Hu, Wen-Yu & Huang, Chien-Hsun & Chiu, Tai-Yuan & Hung, Shou-Hung & Peng, Jen-Kuei & Chen, Ching-Yu
- 1705-1713 'Wrong parents' and 'right parents': Shared perspectives about citizen participation in policy implementation
by Potter, Deborah Anne
- 1714-1720 Resisting blame and managing emotion in general practice: The case of patient suicide
by Kendall, Kathleen & Wiles, Rose
- 1721-1727 HIV generations? Generational discourse in interviews with Australian general practitioners and their HIV positive gay male patients
by Newman, Christy & Mao, Limin & Canavan, Peter G. & Kidd, Michael R. & Saltman, Deborah C. & Kippax, Susan C.