Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Eric S. Maskin
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:ecolet
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2001, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 341-345 A nonparametric test of translation homotheticity
by Fare, Rolf & Li, Sung Ko
- 347-354 Active stabilization policy and uninsurable risks
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 355-360 Indeterminacy with capital utilization and sector-specific externalities
by Guo, Jang-Ting & Harrison, Sharon G.
- 361-367 Decomposition of hours based on extensive and intensive margins of labor
by Chang, Yongsung & Kwark, Noh-Sun
- 369-373 The shadow price of foreign exchange with minimum wages
by Kreickemeier, Udo
- 375-379 Interpretation problems with changes in indices based on categorizations
by Frijters, Paul
- 381-386 Wage dispersion within firms and collective bargaining in Spain
by Rodriguez-Gutierrez, Cesar
- 387-396 Legal cost insurance and social welfare
by van Velthoven, Ben & van Wijck, Peter
- 397-401 Differentiable comparative statics with payoff functions not differentiable everywhere
by Corchon, Luis C.
- 403-410 Identifying non-consistent choice behavior in recreation demand models
by Nunes, Luis C. & Cunha-e-Sa, Maria A. & Ducla-Soares, Maria M. & Rosado, Marcia A. & Day, Brett H.
- 411-411 Erratum to "Monotonic improved critical values for chi-squared asymptotic criteria": [Economics Letters, 71 (2001) 307-316]
by Cribari-Neto, Francisco & Ferrari, Silvia L. P.
2001, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 131-136 Finite sample efficiency of OLS in linear regression models with long-memory disturbances
by Kleiber, Christian
- 137-144 Incorporating lag order selection uncertainty in parameter inference for AR models
by Kapetanios, George
- 145-150 A flexible specification of adjustment costs in dynamic factor demand models
by Lundgren, Tommy & Sjostrom, Magnus
- 151-157 Asset pricing with a forward-backward stochastic differential utility
by Antonelli, Fabio & Barucci, Emilio & Mancino, Maria Elvira
- 159-164 Existence of linear equilibria in the Kyle model with multiple informed traders
by Noldeke, Georg & Troger, Thomas
- 165-173 Sequential parimutuel games
by Feeney, Rob & King, Stephen P.
- 175-180 Some conditions on equilibria in symmetric two player discontinuous games
by Coram, Alex
- 181-187 On the empirical exploitation of consumers' profit functions in static analyses
by Cooper, Russel J. & McLaren, Keith R. & Wong, Gary K. K.
- 189-193 Cost leadership and pricing
by Tyagi, Rajeev K.
- 195-200 Auctions with endogenous entry
by Chakraborty, Indranil & Kosmopoulou, Georgia
- 201-207 Basic risk aversion
by Freeman, Mark
- 209-213 The reluctance to borrow from the Fed
by Furfine, Craig
- 215-218 Endogenous growth and the gains from immigration
by Kemnitz, Alexander
- 219-224 Are current account deficits sustainable?: Evidence from panel cointegration
by Wu, Jyh-Lin & Chen, Show-Lin & Lee, Hsiu-Yun
- 225-232 Bank-firm relationships, financing and firm performance in Germany
by Agarwal, Rajshree & Ann Elston, Julie
- 233-240 Frontier cost functions and bank efficiency
by Altunbas, Y. & Chakravarty, S. P.
- 241-246 Can the fair wage-effort hypothesis be interpreted as a safe effort hypothesis?
by Campbell, Carl M. & Katz, Eliakim
- 247-253 Persistence of profitability and competition in emerging markets
by Glen, Jack & Lee, Kevin & Singh, Ajit
- 255-261 Equilibrium selection in a merger game
by Possajennikov, Alex
- 263-267 A note on growth accounting with vintage capital
by Dekle, Robert
- 269-277 Longevity and economic growth in a dynastic family model with an annuity market
by Zhang, Jie & Zhang, Junsen
2001, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 1-10 On bootstrap inference in cointegrating regressions
by Psaradakis, Zacharias
- 11-18 Testing parameter constancy in models with infinite variance errors
by Chen, Mei-Yuan & Kuan, Chung-Ming
- 19-25 Are currency devaluations effective? A panel unit root test
by Chou, Win Lin & Chao, Chi-Chur
- 27-32 Measuring skill: a multi-dimensional index
by Portela, Miguel
- 33-37 Spurious deadweight gains
by Facchini, Giovanni & Hammond, Peter J. & Nakata, Hiroyuki
- 39-45 Cigarettes and addiction information: new evidence in support of the rational addiction model
by Fenn, Aju J. & Antonovitz, Frances & Schroeter, John R.
- 47-52 Why firms should care for customers
by Konigstein, Manfred & Muller, Wieland
- 53-59 Cost functions in non-linear pricing
by Thomas, Lionel
- 61-65 Investment and uncertainty: is there a potential role for a common European policy?
by Calcagnini, Giorgio & Saltari, Enrico
- 67-72 Real supply shocks and the money growth-inflation relationship
by Christensen, Michael
- 73-77 Country risk and capital flow reversals
by Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim
- 79-85 Long run real exchange rates: evidence from Mexico
by Kakkar, Vikas
- 87-94 Exchange-rate volatility, exchange-rate regime, and trade volume: evidence from the UK-US export function (1889-1999)
by Aristotelous, Kyriacos
- 95-98 Fiscal decentralization, central bank independence, and inflation
by King, David & Ma, Yue
- 99-106 Tax earmarking and grass-roots accountability
by Dhillon, Amrita & Perroni, Carlo
- 107-115 Testing the Acemoglu-Pischke model in Spain
by Peraita, Carlos
- 117-120 Marginal costs and collusive sustainability
by Lambertini, Luca & Sasaki, Dan
- 121-126 Access pricing and exclusionary behavior
by Weisman, Dennis L.
- 127-129 Anomalies in net present value calculations?
by Castelo Joaquin, Domingo
2001, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 299-306 Consistent specification testing for conditional moment restrictions
by Whang, Yoon-Jae
- 307-316 Monotonic improved critical values for two [chi]2 asymptotic criteria
by Cribari-Neto, Francisco & Ferrari, Silvia L. P.
- 317-322 Non-redundancy of high order moment conditions for efficient GMM estimation of weak AR processes
by Broze, Laurence & Francq, Christian & Zakoian, Jean-Michel
- 323-327 Replicating contests
by Warneryd, Karl
- 329-333 Why is income inequality so low in China compared to other countries?: The effect of household survey methods
by Gibson, John & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott
- 335-340 Condorcet winners on four candidates with anonymous voters
by Gehrlein, William V.
- 341-345 A note on some limitations of CRRA utility
by Geweke, John
- 347-354 Stochastic dominance and optimal portfolio
by Dachraoui, Kais & Dionne, Georges
- 355-358 A note on demand for information: the OCE preferences case
by Giannikos, Christos I.
- 359-362 Can skill decay increase search effort?
by Charlot, Olivier & Decreuse, Bruno
- 363-368 A non-parametric test of the symmetry of PSID wage-change distributions
by Christofides, Louis N. & Stengos, Thanasis
- 369-375 Uncertainty on monetary policy and the expectations model of the term structure of interest rates
by Favero, Carlo A. & Mosca, Federico
- 377-381 Capital flight and the uncertainty of government policies
by Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert
- 383-389 Increasing convergence among European stock markets?: A recursive common stochastic trends analysis
by Rangvid, Jesper
- 391-396 Price and hedging policy: The case of an intertemporarily risk averse bank
by Jaenicke, Johannes
- 397-404 Are people conditionally cooperative? Evidence from a public goods experiment
by Fischbacher, Urs & Gachter, Simon & Fehr, Ernst
- 405-412 The 'spite' dilemma: spite or no spite, is there a dilemma?
by Brunton, Douglas & Hasan, Rabia & Mestelman, Stuart
- 413-420 Using 'bill and keep' interconnect arrangements to soften network competition
by Gans, Joshua S. & King, Stephen P.
- 421-427 Cost-reducing horizontal mergers that leave prices unchanged in models of spatial competition
by Braid, Ralph M.
- 429-429 Corrigendum to "The Existence of Population Inequality Measures": [Economics Letters 57 (1997) 39-44]
by Kleiber, Christian
2001, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 149-154 Cointegration analysis using M estimators
by Juhl, Ted
- 155-163 On the identifiability of Euler equation estimates under saddlepath stability
by Lucke, Bernd & Gaggermeier, Christian
- 165-171 Factor ARMA representation of a Markov process
by Darolles, Serge & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Gourieroux, Christian
- 173-179 The robustness of tests for seasonal differencing to structural breaks
by da Silva Lopes, Artur C. B.
- 181-189 Confidence intervals for the largest root of autoregressive models based on instrumental variable estimators
by Wan Shin, Dong & Soo So, Beong
- 191-196 Modeling zero response data from willingness to pay surveys: A semi-parametric estimation
by Yoo, Seung-Hoon & Kim, Tai-Yoo & Lee, Jai-Ki
- 197-203 Effects of monetary policy shocks on the trade balance in small open European countries
by Kim, Soyoung
- 205-209 Imposing inequality restrictions: efficiency gains from economic theory
by Dorfman, Jeffrey H. & McIntosh, Christopher S.
- 211-216 A test of collective rationality for multi-person households
by Dauphin, Anyck & Fortin, Bernard
- 217-224 Gross employment flows in U.S. coal mining
by Dunne, Timothy & Merrell, David R.
- 225-231 External sector and income inequality in interdependent economies using a dynamic panel data approach
by Calderon, Cesar & Chong, Alberto
- 233-240 Testing for risk aversion: a stochastic dominance approach
by Levy, Moshe & Levy, Haim
- 241-245 Monotone transformation of utility: Some particular cases
by Godfroid, Philippe
- 247-253 Price stickiness, inflation, and persistence in real exchange rate fluctuations: cross-country results
by Khan, Hashmat
- 255-263 New evidence on the effects of US monetary policy on exchange rates
by Kalyvitis, Sarantis & Michaelides, Alexander
- 265-270 Are government initiated recalls more damaging for shareholders? Evidence from automotive recalls, 1973-1998
by Rupp, Nicholas G.
- 271-275 A causality test of the relationship between bank and credit union lending rates in local markets
by Feinberg, Robert M. & Rahman, A. F. M. Ataur
- 277-285 Agents with imperfect empathy may survive natural selection
by Bisin, Alberto & Verdier, Thierry
- 287-291 Irreversibility of R&D investment and the adverse effect of uncertainty: Evidence from the OECD countries
by Goel, Rajeev K. & Ram, Rati
- 293-298 Are the Penn World Tables data on government consumption and investment being misused?
by Knowles, Stephen
2001, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-8 Econometric applications of high-breakdown robust regression techniques
by Zaman, Asad & Rousseeuw, Peter J. & Orhan, Mehmet
- 9-16 A new definition for time-dependent price mean reversion in commodity markets
by Kocagil, Ahmet E. & Swanson, Norman R. & Zeng, Tian
- 17-25 Calculating and analyzing impulse responses for the vector ARFIMA model
by Chung, Ching-Fan
- 27-33 Convergence of averages of scaled functions of I(1) linear processes
by de Jong, Robert M.
- 35-42 Modelling the duration of firms in Chapter 11 bankruptcy using a flexible model
by Orbe, Jesus & Ferreira, Eva & Nunez-Anton, Vicente
- 43-48 A robust Hansen-Sargent prediction formula
by Kasa, Kenneth
- 49-53 Buying and selling in strategic market games
by Ray, Indrajit
- 55-60 A comparison of standard multi-unit auctions with synergies
by Albano, Gian Luigi & Germano, Fabrizio & Lovo, Stefano
- 61-65 Induced-value tests of the referendum voting mechanism
by Taylor, Laura O. & McKee, Michael & Laury, Susan K. & Cummings, Ronald G.
- 67-73 Aggregation without separability: Composite commodity theorems in quantity-space
by Moro, Daniele
- 75-82 On some agency costs of intermediated contracting
by Faure-Grimaud, Antoine & Martimort, David
- 91-96 Export price responses to exogenous exchange rate movements
by Adolfson, Malin
- 97-103 Do complementary factors lead to economic fluctuations?
by Ralf, Kirsten
- 105-110 Export restrictions, urban unemployment, and the location of processing activities
by Gilbert, John & Wahl, Thomas
- 111-115 Tax harmonisation and the origin principle
by Lucas, Vander
- 117-129 On the mean-reverting properties of target zone exchange rates: a cautionary note
by Taylor, Mark P. & Iannizzotto, Matteo
- 131-136 Price limits and stock market volatility
by Kim, Kenneth A.
- 137-142 Tax normalizations, the marginal cost of funds, and optimal environmental taxes
by WilliamsIII, Roberton C.
- 143-148 Is there a bias toward excessive quality in defense procurement?
by Feinerman, Eli & Lipow, Jonathan
2001, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 295-301 Envelope and sensitivity analysis 'in the large'
by Chavas, Jean-Paul
- 303-309 On factor decomposition of cross-country income inequality: some extensions and qualifications
by Goerlich Gisbert, Francisco J.
- 311-317 Structural change tests under regression misspecifications
by Yang, Jian
- 319-326 Closed-form likelihood function of Markov-switching models
by Yang, Minxian
- 327-333 Cross sectional and panel estimation of convergence
by Goddard, John & Wilson, John
- 335-340 Further results on Lagrange multipliers with several binding constraints
by Caputo, Michael R.
- 341-348 On the equivalence of preferences
by Grant, Simon & Karni, Edi
- 349-355 A cake for Cournot
by Kamien, Morton I.
- 357-362 Repetition and signalling: experimental evidence from games with efficient equilibria
by Clark, Kenneth & Sefton, Martin
- 363-368 Market volatility and inequality in earnings: experimental evidence
by Huck, Steffen & Normann, Hans-Theo & Oechssler, Jorg
- 369-374 The demand functions that satisfy the weak axiom of revealed preference and generalized monotonicity
by Zhu, D. L.
- 375-380 On decomposable exchange rules
by Maniquet, Francois
- 381-385 Another direct proof of the Gibbard-Satterthwaite Theorem
by Sen, Arunava
- 387-395 Some empirical evidence on the 'discouraged worker' effect
by Benati, Luca
- 397-404 The monetary transmission mechanism: evidence and implications for European Monetary Union
by Fountas, Stilianos & Papagapitos, Agapitos
- 405-412 Are shocks to foreign investment in developing countries permanent or temporary? : Evidence from panel unit root tests
by Strazicich, Mark C. & Co, Catherine Y. & Lee, Junsoo
- 413-419 The debt hangover: Renegotiation with noncontractible investment
by Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Faure-Grimaud, Antoine
- 421-426 The Canada/Quebec pension plan disability program and the labor force participation of older men
by Campolieti, Michele
- 427-429 Remarks on good vs. bad characteristics in vertical differentiation
by Bontems, Philippe & Requillart, Vincent
- 431-437 On price competition with complementary goods
by Gabszewicz, Jean & Sonnac, Nathalie & Wauthy, Xavier
2001, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 147-155 Change point estimation in regressions with I(d) variables
by Hsu, Chih-Chiang
- 157-164 Finite sample properties of a QML estimator of stochastic volatility models with long memory
by Perez, Ana & Ruiz, Esther
- 165-173 Local equilibria in economic games
by Alos-Ferrer, Carlos & Ania, Ana B.
- 175-181 Are adults better behaved than children? Age, experience, and the endowment effect
by Harbaugh, William T. & Krause, Kate & Vesterlund, Lise
- 183-186 Aggregation, rank, and some historical Engel curves
by Costa, Dora L.
- 187-194 On the superiority of the multiple round ascending bid auction
by Branco, Fernando
- 195-202 The effect of entry and information costs on oral versus sealed-bid auctions
by Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard
- 203-208 Different notions of disappointment aversion
by Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi & Polak, Ben
- 209-214 Efficiency and stabilization: reducing Harberger triangles and Okun gaps
by Hairault, Jean-Olivier & Langot, Francois & Portier, Franck
- 215-221 Propaedeutics of strategic theories of economic integration
by Haller, Hans H. & Ioannides, Yannis M.
- 223-228 Reserve uncertainty and speculative attacks on target zones
by Fella, Giulio
- 229-235 Volatility and stock prices: implications from a production model of asset pricing
by Basu, Parantap & Samanta, Prodyot
- 237-243 Waves and persistence in merger and acquisition activity
by Barkoulas, John T. & Baum, Christopher F. & Chakraborty, Atreya
- 245-251 Financial repression and optimal taxation
by Bai, Chong-En & Li, David D. & Qian, Yingyi & Wang, Yijiang
- 253-257 The Okun curve is non-linear
by Viren, Matti
- 259-265 Options to quit
by Pfann, Gerard A.
- 267-272 Evidence production in adversarial vs. inquisitorial regimes
by Froeb, Luke M. & Kobayashi, Bruce H.
- 273-281 Information asymmetry as a source of spatial agglomeration
by Tropeano, Jean-Philippe
- 283-287 On the measurement of [sigma]-convergence
by Dalgaard, Carl-Johan & Vastrup, Jacob
- 289-294 Political instability and economic growth in developing economies: some specification empirics
by Fosu, A. K.
2001, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 1-8 Unit root and stationarity tests' wedding
by Carrion-i-Silvestre, Josep Lluis & Sanso-i-Rossello, Andreu & Ortuno, Manuel Artis
- 9-14 Unit root testing in integer-valued AR(1) models
by Hellstrom, Jorgen
- 15-19 An almost unbiased estimator of the coefficient of variation
by Breunig, Robert
- 21-27 A distance measure between cointegration spaces
by Larsson, Rolf & Villani, Mattias
- 29-41 Memory and infrequent breaks
by Gourieroux, Christian & Jasiak, Joann
- 43-49 First-difference estimator for panel censored-selection models
by Lee, Myoung-jae
- 51-58 Predictive accuracy for chaotic economic models
by Bordignon, Silvano & Lisi, Francesco
- 59-68 The impact of public information on insider trading
by Luo, Shunlong
- 69-72 Measuring diversity in product space: the missing axiom
by Bernhofen, Daniel M.
- 73-78 Incorporating demand shifters in the Almost Ideal demand system
by Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A. & Piggott, Nicholas E.
- 79-82 An all-pay auction with a pure-strategy equilibrium
by Amegashie, J. Atsu
- 83-87 Strategic complements and substitutes in bilateral oligopolies
by Bloch, Francis & Ferrer, Helene
- 89-93 Divisionalization in contests
by Huck, Steffen & Konrad, Kai A. & Muller, Wieland
- 95-98 Pareto principles from Inch to Ell
by Suzumura, Kotaro
- 99-105 Arrow's theorem and the Gibbard-Satterthwaite theorem: a unified approach
by Reny, Philip J.
- 107-114 Precautionary saving and fuzzy information
by Hauenschild, Nils & Stahlecker, Peter
- 115-120 Consumption-leisure choice with habit formation
by Seckin, Aylin
- 121-126 Can democracy help? Growth and ethnic divisions
by Bluedorn, John C.
- 127-132 Group size and free riding when private and public goods are gross substitutes
by Gaube, Thomas
- 133-138 The effects of child-bearing on women's marital status: using twin births as a natural experiment
by Jacobsen, Joyce P. & PearceIII, James Wishart & Rosenbloom, Joshua L.
- 139-144 Did tough antitrust policy lead to lower mark-ups in the US manufacturing industry?
by Warzynski, Frederic
- 145-145 Erratum to 'A note on the optimality of airline networks': [Economic Letters, 69 (2000) 429-434]
by Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet
2000, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 245-251 A consistent semiparametric estimation of the consumer surplus distribution
by Foster, Andrew & Hahn, Jinyong
- 253-259 Testing efficient market hypothesis for the dollar-sterling gold standard exchange rate 1890-1906: MLE with double truncation
by Goldman, Elena
- 261-266 Do core inflation measures help forecast inflation?: Out-of-sample evidence from French data
by Le Bihan, Herve & Sedillot, Franck
- 267-276 Small sample properties of the conditional least squares estimator in SETAR models
by Kapetanios, George
- 277-284 Measurement error in a single regressor
by Meijer, Erik & Wansbeek, Tom
- 285-288 Mean reversion in the real exchange rates
by Gil-Alana, Luis A.
- 289-297 Co-integration inference in the value-profit relation and investment models
by Verschueren, Frederic
- 299-307 How accurate are confidence intervals for impulse responses in large VAR models?
by Kilian, Lutz & Chang, Pao-Li
- 309-312 Identification of multiple equation probit models with endogenous dummy regressors
by Wilde, Joachim
- 313-317 The law of demand implies limits to chaos
by Keenan, Donald & Kim, Taewon
- 319-322 The Gibbard-Satterthwaite theorem: a simple proof
by Benoit, Jean-Pierre
- 323-326 Balancedness of permutation games and envy-free allocations in indivisible good economies
by Klijn, Flip & Tijs, Stef & Hamers, Herbert
- 327-331 Migration and intergroup conflict
by Hausken, Kjell
- 333-339 Bargaining with asymmetric threat points
by Corominas-Bosch, Margarida
- 341-344 About bargaining power
by Kultti, Klaus
- 345-351 A simple model of advertising and subscription fees
by Baye, Michael R. & Morgan, John
- 353-358 Optimal insurance design with random initial wealth
by Mahul, Olivier
- 359-363 Costly signal extraction and profit differentials in oligopolistic markets
by Caglayan, Mustafa & Usman, Murat
- 365-370 Neutral technological change and the skill premium
by Moutos, Thomas
- 371-376 The Phillips and Beveridge curves revisited
by Cheron, Arnaud & Langot, Francois
- 377-383 The effects of budget deficit on national saving in the OECD
by Domenech, Rafael & Taguas, David & Varela, Juan
- 385-391 Robust vs. OLS estimation of the market model: implications for event studies
by Cable, John & Holland, Kevin
- 393-400 Flat subsidies, technological change and transitional dynamics: a welfare analysis
by Garcia-Castrillo, Pedro & Sanso, Marcos
- 401-405 The gender gap, fertility, subsidies and growth
by Momota, Michiko
- 407-413 Atrophy rates in male and female occupations
by Robst, John & VanGilder, Jennifer
- 415-420 Skill mismatch and unemployment
by Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves
- 421-427 A note on the relation between size, ownership status and plant's closure: sunk costs vs. strategic size liability
by Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco
- 429-434 A note on the optimality of airline networks
by Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet