Forecasting performance of market share attraction models: A comparison of different models assuming that competitors' actions are forecasts
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes in its series SFB 373 Discussion Papers with number 1998,103.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nakanishi, Masao & Cooper, Lee G & Kassarjian, Harold H, 1974. " Voting for a Political Candidate under Conditions of Minimal Information," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(2), pages 36-43, Se.
- Lakshman Krishnamurthi & S. P. Raj, 1988. "A Model of Brand Choice and Purchase Quantity Price Sensitivities," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 1-20.
- Danaher, Peter J., 1994. "Comparing naive with econometric market share models when competitors' actions are forecast," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 287-294, September.
- Gregory S. Carpenter & Lee G. Cooper & Dominique M. Hanssens & David F. Midgley, 1988. "Modeling Asymmetric Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 393-412.
- Kumar, V. & Heath, Timothy B., 1990. "A comparative study of market share models using disaggregate data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 163-174, July.
- Greg M. Allenby & Peter E. Rossi, 1991. "Quality Perceptions and Asymmetric Switching Between Brands," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(3), pages 185-204.
- Brodie, Roderick J. & De Kluyver, Cornelis A., 1987. "A comparison of the short term forecasting accuracy of econometric and naive extrapolation models of market share," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 423-437.
- Bass, Frank M., 1987. "Misspecification and the inherent randomness of the model are at the heart of the Brodie and de Kluyver enigma," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 441-444.
- Robert C. Blattberg & Kenneth J. Wisniewski, 1989. "Price-Induced Patterns of Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(4), pages 291-309.
- Lakshman Krishnamurthi & S. P. Raj, 1991. "An Empirical Analysis of the Relationship Between Brand Loyalty and Consumer Price Elasticity," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(2), pages 172-183.
- Wittink, Dick R., 1987. "Causal market share models in marketing: Neither forecasting nor understanding?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(3-4), pages 445-448.
- Brodie, Roderick J. & Bonfrer, Andre, 1994. "Conditions when market share models are useful for forecasting: further empirical results," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 277-285, September.
- Spanos,Aris, 1986. "Statistical Foundations of Econometric Modelling," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521269124, April.
- David A. Pierce & Larry D. Haugh, 1977. "Causality in temporal systems: characterizations and a survey," Special Studies Papers 87, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cooper, Lee G & Nakanishi, Masao, 1983. " Standardizing Variables in Multiplicative Choice Models," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(1), pages 96-108, June.
- Andrew C. Harvey, 1990. "The Econometric Analysis of Time Series, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 026208189x, December.
- Lee G. Cooper, 1988. "Competitive Maps: The Structure Underlying Asymmetric Cross Elasticities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(6), pages 707-723, June.
- Chen, Youhua & Kanetkar, Vinay & Weiss, Doyle L., 1994. "Forecasting market shares with disaggregate or pooled data: a comparison of attraction models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 263-276, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.