Laws of Scarcity for a Finite Game : Exact Bounds on Estimations
AbstractA "law of scarcity" is that scarceness is rewarded. We demonstrate laws of scarcity for cores and approximate cores of games. Furthermore, we show that equal treatment core payout vectors satisfy a condition of cyclic monotonicity. Our results are developed for parameterized collections of games and exact bounds on the maximum possible deviation of approximate core payo® vectors from satisfying a law of scarcity are stated in terms of the parameters describing the games. We note that the parameters can, in principle, be estimated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Warwick, Department of Economics in its series The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) with number 691.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
monotonicity ; cooperative games ; clubs ; games with side payments (TU games) ; cyclic monotonicity ; law of scarcity ; law of demand ; approximate cores ; effective small groups ; parameterized collections of games;
Other versions of this item:
- Alexander Kovalenkov & Myrna Wooders, 2005. "Laws of scarcity for a finite game - exact bounds on estimations," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 383-396, 08.
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Perfect Competition
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shapley, Lloyd S. & Shubik, Martin, 1969. "On market games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 9-25, June.
- Allouch, Nizar & Wooders, Myrna, 2008. "Price taking equilibrium in economies with multiple memberships in clubs and unbounded club sizes," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 246-278, May.
- Nizar Allouch & Myrna Wooders, 2004.
"Price Taking Equilibrium in Club Economies with Multiple Memberships and Unbounded Club Sizes,"
513, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Nizar Allouch & Myrna Wooders, 2004. "Price taking equilibrium in club economies with multiple memberships and unbounded club sizes," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b04109, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Cartwright, Edward & Conley, John & Wooders, Myrna, 2005.
"The Law of Demand in Tiebout Economies,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
734, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Edward Cartwright & Myrna Wooders, 2005. "The Law od Demand in Tiebout Economies," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0527, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helen Neal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.