Sources of structural growth in business services
AbstractThis report identifies the factors behind structural growth of the business services industry, applying growth decomposition and qualitative analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Industrial Organization with number 0309004.
Length: 48 pages
Date of creation: 21 Sep 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - adobe PDF; pages: 48 ; figures: included/request from author/draw your own
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
business services; growth decomposition;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2003-09-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HIS-2003-09-28 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-TID-2003-09-28 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1982. "National and International Returns to Scale in the Modern Theory of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 389-405, June.
- Abraham, Katharine G & Taylor, Susan K, 1996.
"Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 394-424, July.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Susan K. Taylor, 1993. "Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francois, Joseph F, 1990. "Producer Services, Scale, and the Division of Labor," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(4), pages 715-29, October.
- George J. Stigler, 1951. "The Division of Labor is Limited by the Extent of the Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59, pages 185.
- Groot, H.L.F. de, 1998. "Macroeconomic Consequences of Outsourcing. An Analysis of Growth, Welfare and Product Variety," Discussion Paper 1998-43, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van Schaik, Anton B. T. M. & de Groot, Henri L. F., 2002. "Macroeconomic consequences of downsizing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 331-352, May.
- Grubel, H., 1993. "Producer Services Their Important Role in Growing Economies," Discussion Papers dp93-10, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Gundlach, Erich, 1994.
"Demand Bias as an Explanation for Structural Change,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 249-67.
- Gundlach, Erich, 1993. "Demand bias as an explanation for structural change," Kiel Working Papers 594, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Sen, Amartya, 1973. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198281931.
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "Macroeconomics of Unbalanced Growth: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 150, March.
- Allan G. B. Fisher, 1939. "Production, Primary, Secondary And Tertiary," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 15(1), pages 24-38, 06.
- Galeotti,Gianluigi & Salmon,Pierre & Wintrobe,Ronald (ed.), 2000. "Competition and Structure," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521771337, December.
- Feenstra, R. & Markusen, J.R., 1991.
"Accounting for Growth with New Inputs,"
380, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Fixler, Dennis J. & Siegel, Donald, 1999. "Outsourcing and productivity growth in services," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 177-194, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.