Measuring Financial Cash Flow and Term Structure Dynamics
AbstractFinancial turbulence is a phenomenon occurring in anti - persistent markets. In contrast, financial crises occur in persistent markets. A relationship can be established between these two extreme phenomena of long term market dependence and the older financial concept of financial (il-)liquidity. The measurement of the degree of market persistence and the measurement of the degree of market liquidity are related. To accomplish the two research objectives of measurement and simulation of different degrees of financial liquidity, I propose to boldly reformulate and reinterpret the classical laws of fluid mechanics into cash flow mechanics. At first this approach may appear contrived and artificial, but the end results of these reformulations and reinterpretations are useful quantifiable financial quantities, which will assist us with the measurement, analysis and proper characterization of modern dynamic financial markets in ways that classical comparative static financial - \ economic analyses do not allow.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0409046.
Date of creation: 18 Sep 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf. Los, Cornelis A., 'Measuring Financial Cash Flow and Term Structure Dynamics' (November 30, 2001). Kent State GSM Dept. of Finance Working Paper.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Financial Cash Flow; Term Structure;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2004-09-30 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2004-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2004-09-30 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-CMP-2004-09-30 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2004-09-30 (International Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cornelis A. Los, 2004.
"Visualization of Chaos for Finance Majors,"
- Graciela Chichilnisky & Geoffrey Heal, 1993.
"Global Environmental Risks,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 65-86, Fall.
- Cornelis A. Los, 1991. "A Scientific View of Economic Data Analysis," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 61-71, Jan-Mar.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1996. "Markets with endogenous uncertainty: theory and policy," MPRA Paper 8612, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xu, Xinzhong & Taylor, Stephen J., 1994. "The Term Structure of Volatility Implied by Foreign Exchange Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(01), pages 57-74, March.
- R.E. Kalman & C.A. Los, 1987. "The prejudices of least squares, principal components and common factor schemes," Research Paper 8701, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Karuppiah, Jeyanthi & Los, Cornelis A., 2005.
"Wavelet multiresolution analysis of high-frequency Asian FX rates, Summer 1997,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 211-246.
- Cornelis A. Los & Jeyanthi Karuppiah, 2004. "Wavelet Multiresolution Analysis of High-Frequency Asian FX Rates, Summer 1997," Finance 0409037, EconWPA.
- Los, Cornelis A., 1998.
"Optimal multi-currency investment strategies with exact attribution in three Asian countries,"
Journal of Multinational Financial Management,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2-3), pages 169-198, September.
- Cornelis A. Los, 2004. "Optimal Multi-Currency Investment Strategies with Exact Attribution in Three Asian Countries," Finance 0409047, EconWPA.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2009. "The Term Structure of Interest Rates," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 69-96, November.
- Kirill Ilinski, 1997. "Physics of Finance," Papers hep-th/9710148, arXiv.org.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.