Bond markets where prices are driven by a general marked point process
AbstractWe investigate the term structure for the case when interest rates are allowed to be driven by a general marked point process as well as by a Wiener process. Developing a theory which allows for measure-valued trading portfolios we study existence and uniqueness of a martingale measure, as well as completeness of the bond market. We also give sufficient conditions for the existence of an affine term structure. Developing the appropriate forward measures we give formulas for interest rate derivatives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Stockholm School of Economics in its series Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance with number 88.
Length: 64 pages
Date of creation: Dec 1995
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Mathematical Finance, 1997, pages 211-239.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics, P.O. Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/
More information through EDIRC
Term structure of interest rates; arbitrage; bond markets; interest rates; martingales; jump processes; completeness; affine term structure;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Lee, Sang-bin, 1986. " Term Structure Movements and Pricing Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1011-29, December.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Robert Jarrow & Dilip B. Madan, 1999. "Hedging contingent claims on semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 111-134.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2009. "The Term Structure of Interest Rates," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 69-96, November.
- Robert Jarrow & Dilip Madan, 1995. "Option Pricing Using The Term Structure Of Interest Rates To Hedge Systematic Discontinuities In Asset Returns," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 311-336.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Hiroshi Shirakawa, 1991. "Interest Rate Option Pricing With Poisson-Gaussian Forward Rate Curve Processes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(4), pages 77-94.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-92.
- Lina El-Jahel & Hans Lindberg & William Perraudin, 1996. "Yield Curves with Jump Short Rates," Archive Working Papers 023, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- C. Mancini, 2002. "The European options hedge perfectly in a Poisson-Gaussian stock market model," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 87-102.
- Vilimir Yordanov, 2012. "The Bulgarian Foreign and Domestic Debt – A No-Arbitrage Macrofinancial View," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1032, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Schönbucher, Philipp J., 1996. "The Term Structure of Defaultable Bond Prices," Discussion Paper Serie B 384, University of Bonn, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.