Optimal Multi-Currency Investment Strategies with Exact Attribution in Three Asian Countries
AbstractSinger and Karnosky's (1995) exact and complete return attribution framework does not account for risk, since it ignores accumulated historical information. Its implied investment strategy selection is based on simple return maximization and ignores that investment strategies are correlated via intra-and inter-market risks. Using simple tensor algebra we extend their exact accounting framework to include market risk measurements for n countries. The resulting n^2 x n^2 strategy risk matrix exactly decomposes into a tensor sum of the n x n fundamental market risk matrices. Since the strategy risk matrix is singular with rank = 2n-1
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0409047.
Date of creation: 18 Sep 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf. Los, Cornelis A., 'Optimal Multi- Currency Investment Strategies with Exact Attribution in Three Asian Countries' (January 1998). Centre for Research in Financial Services WP #98-01.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Other versions of this item:
- Los, Cornelis A., 1998. "Optimal multi-currency investment strategies with exact attribution in three Asian countries," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(2-3), pages 169-198, September.
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2004-09-30 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-CMP-2004-09-30 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2004-09-30 (International Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eun, Cheol S & Resnick, Bruce G, 1988. " Exchange Rate Uncertainty, Forward Contracts, and International Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 197-215, March.
- Chapman, David A, 1997.
" Approximating the Asset Pricing Kernel,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1383-1410, September.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Glen, Jack & Jorion, Philippe, 1993. " Currency Hedging for International Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1865-86, December.
- Cornelis A. Los, 2004. "Optimal Asian Multi-Currency Strategy Portfolios with Exact Risk Attribution," Finance 0409038, EconWPA.
- Cornelis A. Los, 2004. "Measuring Financial Cash Flow and Term Structure Dynamics," Finance 0409046, EconWPA.
- Cornelis A. Los, 2004. "Nonparametric Efficiency Testing of Asian Stock Markets Using Weekly Data," Finance 0409033, EconWPA.
- Cornelis A. Los, 2004. "Model Uncertainty, Complexity and Rank in Finance," Econometrics 0411013, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.