Visualization of Chaos for Finance Majors
AbstractEÂ¤orts to simulate turbulence in the financial markets include experiments with the dynamic logistic parabola. Visual investigation of the logistic process show the various stability regimes for a range of the real growth parameter. Visualizations for the initial 20 observations provide clear demonstrations of rapid stabilization of the process regimes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Adelaide, School of Economics in its series School of Economics Working Papers with number 2000-07.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
chaos; intermittency; nonlinear dynamics;
Other versions of this item:JEL classification:
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C19 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Other
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C49 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cornelis A. Los, 1991. "A Scientific View of Economic Data Analysis: Reply," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 526-531, Oct-Dec.
- Karuppiah, Jeyanthi & Los, Cornelis A., 2005.
"Wavelet multiresolution analysis of high-frequency Asian FX rates, Summer 1997,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 211-246.
- Cornelis A. Los & Jeyanthi Karuppiah, 2004. "Wavelet Multiresolution Analysis of High-Frequency Asian FX Rates, Summer 1997," Finance 0409037, EconWPA.
- Jeyanthi Karuppiah & Cornelis A. Los, 2000. "Wavelet Multiresolution Analysis of High-Frequency FX Rates, Summer 1997," School of Economics Working Papers 2000-06, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394.
- Cornelis A. Los, 1991. "A Scientific View of Economic Data Analysis," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 61-71, Jan-Mar.
- Muller, Ulrich A. & Dacorogna, Michel M. & Olsen, Richard B. & Pictet, Olivier V. & Schwarz, Matthias & Morgenegg, Claude, 1990. "Statistical study of foreign exchange rates, empirical evidence of a price change scaling law, and intraday analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 1189-1208, December.
- Espinosa Méndez, Christian, 2007.
"Efecto Fin De Semana Y Fin De Mes En El Mercado Bursatil Chileno
[Effect Weekend And Effect Month End In The Chilean Stock Market]," MPRA Paper 3252, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cornelis A. Los, 2004. "Measuring Financial Cash Flow and Term Structure Dynamics," Finance 0409046, EconWPA.
- Dominique, C-Rene & Rivera-Solis, Luis Eduardo, 2012. "Short-term Dependence in Time Series as an Index of Complexity: Example from the S&P-500 Index," MPRA Paper 41408, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dmitriy Kvasov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.