Homeownership: Volatile Housing Prices, Low Labor Mobility and High Income Dispersion
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research in its series Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers with number 02-04.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 975 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706-1323
Phone: (608) 262-8676
Fax: (608) 265-2738
Web page: http://wiscinfo.doit.wisc.edu/realestate/paper.htm
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-10-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2002-10-08 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-URE-2002-10-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Jappelli, Tullio, 2001.
"Financial Market Imperfections and Home Ownership: A Comparative Study,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2717, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Jappelli, Tullio, 2003. "Financial market imperfections and home ownership: A comparative study," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 857-875, October.
- Maria Concetta Chiuri & Tullio Jappelli, 2000. "Financial Market Imperfections and Home Ownership: A Comparative Study," CSEF Working Papers 44, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 01 Dec 2000.
- Richard Layard & Stephen Nickell, 1998.
"Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0407, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nickell, Stephen & Layard, Richard, 1999. "Labor market institutions and economic performance," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 46, pages 3029-3084 Elsevier.
- Nickell, S. & Layard, R., 1997. "Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance," Papers 23, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Tracey N. Seslen, 2001.
"Neighborhood Wealth Distributions,"
Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University
0116, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Markus Haavio and Heikki Kauppi, 2001.
"Housing Markets, Liquidity Constraints and Labor Mobility,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2001
186, Society for Computational Economics.
- Haavio, Markus & Kauppi, Heikki, 2000. "Housing Markets, Liquidity Constraints and Labour Mobility," Research Discussion Papers 8/2000, Bank of Finland.
- Richard K. Green & Patric H. Hendershott, 1999. "Home Ownership and Unemployment in the U.S," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 99-15, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Durlauf, S.N., 1992.
"A Theory of Persistent Income Inequality,"
47, Stanford - Institute for Thoretical Economics.
- Epple, Dennis & Filimon, Radu & Romer, Thomas, 1993. "Existence of voting and housing equilibrium in a system of communities with property taxes," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 585-610, November.
- Ortalo-Magne, Francois & Rady, Sven, 2002. "Tenure choice and the riskiness of non-housing consumption," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 266-279, September.
- Goodspeed, Timothy J., 1989. "A re-examination of the use of ability to pay taxes by local governments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 319-342, April.
- Oswald Andrew J., 1996. "A Conjecture on the Explanation for High Unemployment in the Industrialized Nations : Part I," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 475, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Benabou, Roland, 1993.
"Workings of a City: Location, Education, and Production,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 619-52, August.
- Roland Benabou, 1991. "Workings of a City: Location, Education, and Production," NBER Technical Working Papers 0113, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christian A.L. Hilber, 2003.
"Neighborhood externality risk and the homeownership status of properties,"
885, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Hilber, Christian A.L., 2005. "Neighborhood externality risk and the homeownership status of properties," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 213-241, March.
- Christian A. L. Hilber, . "Neighborhood Externality Risk and The Home Ownership Status of Properties," Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers 387, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Ioannides, Yannis M., 2004.
"Neighborhood income distributions,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 435-457, November.
- Yannis Ioannides, 2001. "Neighborhood Income Distributions," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0103, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Dennis Epple & Holger Sieg, 1999. "Estimating Equilibrium Models of Local Jurisdictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(4), pages 645-681, August.
- Peter Linneman & Susan Wachter, 1989. "The Impacts of Borrowing Constraints on Homeownership," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 17(4), pages 389-402.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.