Public-private partnerships in transport
AbstractThis paper summarizes the evidence on the evolution of transport PPPs over the last 15 years or so. In the process, it provides a primer on the associated policy issues, including of the central role of project finance in the implementation of PPP policies and the debates on risk allocation in the design of PPPs. The paper also offers a discussion of the increasingly well recognized residual roles for the public sector in transport, with an emphasis on the regulatory debates surrounding the adoption of PPPs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series Policy Research Working Paper Series with number 4436.
Date of creation: 01 Dec 2007
Date of revision:
Transport Economics Policy&Planning; Debt Markets; Banks&Banking Reform; Access to Finance;
Other versions of this item:
- NEP-ALL-2007-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2007-12-19 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-PPM-2007-12-19 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pedro Barros & Xavier Martinez-Giralt, 2009. "Contractual design and PPPs for hospitals: lessons for the Portuguese model," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 437-453, October.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2003. "Regulatory Policies and Reforms in the Power and Downstream Oil Industries," Discussion Papers DP 2003-16, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "The Effects of the Financial Crisis on Public-Private Partnerships," IMF Working Papers 09/144, International Monetary Fund.
- Tan, Jeff, 2012. "The Pitfalls of Water Privatization: Failure and Reform in Malaysia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(12), pages 2552-2563.
- repec:phd:pjdevt:pjd_2004_vol._xxxi_no._1-c is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.