Social Protection in Pakistan : Managing Household Risks and Vulnerability
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Other Operational Studies with number 7660.
Date of creation: Oct 2007
Date of revision:
Social Protections and Labor - Safety Nets and Transfers Services and Transfers to Poor Poverty Reduction - Rural Poverty Reduction Health; Nutrition and Population - Population Policies Health; Nutrition and Population;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 2002.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," NBER Working Papers 6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," JCPR Working Papers 41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Gertler, Paul & Levine, David I. & Moretti, Enrico, 2003.
"Do Microfinance Programs Help Families Insure Consumption Against Illness?,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series
qt5811j217, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Enrico Moretti, 2009. "Do microfinance programs help families insure consumption against illness?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 257-273.
- Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Enrico Moretti, 2003. "Do Microfinance Programs Help Families Insure Consumption Against Illness?," Development and Comp Systems 0303004, EconWPA.
- Espen Villanger, 2003. "The effects of disasters on income mobility: Bootstrap inference and measurement error simulations," CMI Working Papers WP 2003:6, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Neil McCulloch & Bob Baulch, 2000. "Simulating the impact of policy upon chronic and transitory poverty in rural Pakistan," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 100-130.
- Dreze, Jean & Goyal, Aparajita, 2003. "Future of Mid-Day Meals," MPRA Paper 17386, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ethan Ligon & Laura Schechter, 2003.
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages C95-C102, March.
- Ligon, Ethan & Laura Schechter, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 128, Royal Economic Society.
- Ligon, Ethan & Schechter, Laura, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19899, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lindelow, Magnus & Wagstaff, Adam, 2005. "Health shocks in China : are the poor and uninsured less protected ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3740, The World Bank.
- Laura B. Rawlings, 2004. "A New Approach to Social Assistance: Latin America’s Experience with Conditional Cash Transfer Programs," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11813, The World Bank.
- Datt, Gaurav & Payongayong, Ellen & Garrett, James L. & Ruel, Marie T., 1997. "The GAPVU cash transfer program in Mozambique," FCND discussion papers 36, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Editors, 2003. "Report of the Editors 2001-2002," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 435-437, January.
- Alexander S. Preker & Guy Carrin, 2004. "Health Financing for Poor People : Resource Mobilization and Risk Sharing," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15019, October.
- Luc J. Christiaensen & Kalanidhi Subbarao, 2005.
"Towards an Understanding of Household Vulnerability in Rural Kenya,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(4), pages 520-558, December.
- Christiaensen, Luc. J. & Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 2004. "Toward an understanding of household vulnerability in rural Kenya," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3326, The World Bank.
- Gertler, Paul J., 1998. "On the road to social health insurance: the Asian experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 717-732, April.
- Kurosaki, Takashi, 2003. "Measurement of Chronic and Transient Poverty: Theory and Application to Pakistan," Discussion Paper Series a436, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Pritchett, Lant & Suryahadi, Asep & Sumarto, Sudarno, 2000. "Quantifying vulnerability to poverty - a proposed measure, applied to Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2437, The World Bank.
- Tesliuc, Emil D. & Lindert, Kathy, 2004. "Risk and vulnerability in Guatemala: a quantitative and qualitative assessment," Social Protection Discussion Papers 30154, The World Bank.
- Adams, Richard H., 2002. "Precautionary saving from different sources of income - evidence from rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2761, The World Bank.
- Neil McCulloch & Bob Baulch, 2000. "Simulating the Impact of Policy upon Chronic and Transitory Poverty in Rural Pakistan," Econometrics 0004003, EconWPA.
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Development Report 2003," African Development Report, African Development Bank, number 20 edited by Adeleke Oluwole Salami, 8.
- Zafar Mueen Nasir, 2001. "Poverty and Labour Market Linkages in Pakistan," MIMAP Technical Paper Series 2001:07, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Mansuri, Ghazala, 2006. "Migration, school attainment, and child labor : evidence from rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3945, The World Bank.
- G. M. Arif & Hina Nazli & Rashida Haq, 2000. "Rural Non-agriculture Employment and Poverty in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 1089-1110.
- Castaneda, Tarsicio & Lindert, Kathy & de la Briere, Benedicte & Fernandez, Luisa & Hubert, Celia & Larranaya, Oswaldo & Orozco, Monica & Viquez, Roxana, 2005. "Designing and implementing household targeting systems : lessons from Latin American and The United States," Social Protection Discussion Papers 32756, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 1999.
"Does child labor displace schooling? - evidence on behavioral responses to an enrollment subsidy,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2116, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 2000. "Does Child Labour Displace Schooling? Evidence on Behavioural Responses to an Enrollment Subsidy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages C158-75, March.
- Sohail J. Malik & Muhammad Hussain & Nasim S. Shirazi, 1994. "Role of Infaq in Poverty Alleviation in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(4), pages 935-952.
- Afridi, Farzana, 2010. "Child welfare programs and child nutrition: Evidence from a mandated school meal program in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 152-165, July.
- World Bank, 2010. "Pakistan - Gilgit-Baltistan Economic Report : Broadening the Transformation," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2984, The World Bank.
- Durr-e-Nayab & Shujaat Farooq, 2012. "Effectiveness of Cash Transfer Programmes for Household Welfare in Pakistan: The Case of the Benazir Income Support Programme," Poverty and Social Dynamics Paper Series 2012:04, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Gentilini, Ugo & Omamo, Steven Were, 2011. "Social protection 2.0: Exploring issues, evidence and debates in a globalizing world," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 329-340, June.
- Chhachhi, A., 2009. "Democratic citizenship or market based entitlements? : a gender perspective on social protection in South Asia," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18707, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.