A contingent ranking study on the preferences of tourists across seasons
AbstractThis paper presents the results of a contingent ranking study carried out on a sample of tourists visiting the province of Ragusa (in South-Eastern Sicily,Italy), known for both its baroque heritage and its sea coasts. I focus only on two attributes of tourism products, namely the accommodation structures (which appear to have a large importance for tourists’ choice, according to similar previous analyses) and local attractions (sea and costs, cultural and natural heritage endowments, performing-arts, local wine&food products). I evaluate whether and how the weight attached by tourists to the attributes and their levels change across seasons.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Turin in its series EBLA Working Papers with number 200802.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: May 2008
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2008-06-21 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-TUR-2008-06-21 (Tourism Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Green, Paul E & Srinivasan, V, 1978. " Conjoint Analysis in Consumer Research: Issues and Outlook," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(2), pages 103-23, Se.
- Tiziana Cuccia & Roberto Cellini & Antonio Reale, 2004. "Patrimonio culturale e turismo: un'analisi empirica su Siracusa," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2004(3).
- Roe, Brian & Boyle, Kevin J. & Teisl, Mario F., 1996. "Using Conjoint Analysis to Derive Estimates of Compensating Variation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 145-159, September.
- Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2003. "Valuing cultural heritage in a multi-attribute framework microeconomic perspectives and policy implications," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 549-569, November.
- Hanley, Nick & Mourato, Susana & Wright, Robert E, 2001. " Choice Modelling Approaches: A Superior Alternative for Environmental Valuation?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 435-62, July.
- Tiziana Cuccia & Roberto Cellini, 2007. "Is cultural heritage really important for tourists? A contingent rating study," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 261-271.
- Anna Alberini & Patrizia Riganti & Alberto Longo, 2003. "Can People Value the Aesthetic and Use Services of Urban Sites? Evidence from a Survey of Belfast Residents," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 193-213, November.
- Carson, Richard T. & Hanemann, W. Michael, 2006. "Contingent Valuation," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 821-936 Elsevier.
- Nicolau, Juan Luis, 2011. "El efecto de la participación en actividades de ocio sobre la influencia de la distancia en la elección de destinos/When the Enrollment in Recreational Activities Changes Distance Sensitivity to Des," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 29, pages 803-824, Diciembre.
- Fluvià, Modest & Rigall-I-Torrent, Ricard & Espinet, Josep Maria & Garriga, Anna & Saló, Albert, 2011. "Precios implícitos de los atributos de los productos turísticos: ¿Qué esconde el efecto de la localización?/Implicit Prices of the Attributes of Tourism Products: What is Hidden Behind Location?," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 29, pages 781-802, Diciembre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri) or (Marina Grazioli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.