Universal Service Obligations in LDCs: The Effect of Uniform Pricing on Infrastructure Access
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its series ULB Institutional Repository with number 2013/43913.
Date of creation: Aug 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in: Journal of public economics (2006) v.90 n° 6-7,p.1155-1179
Other versions of this item:
- Estache, Antonio & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Zhang, Xinzhu, 2006. "Universal service obligations in LDCs: The effect of uniform pricing on infrastructure access," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1155-1179, August.
- Antonio Estache & Jean-Jacques Laffont & Xinzhu Zhang, 2006. "Universal service obligations in LDCs: the effect of uniform pricing on infrastructure access," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13366, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gasmi, F. & Laffont, J. J. & Sharkey, W. W., 2000.
"Competition, universal service and telecommunications policy in developing countries,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 221-248, September.
- Gasmi, Farid & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Sharkey, William, 1999. "Competition, Universal Service and Telecommunications Policy in Developing Countries," IDEI Working Papers 92, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Maskin, Eric, 1999.
"Nash Equilibrium and Welfare Optimality,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(1), pages 23-38, January.
- Eric Maskin, 1998. "Nash Equilibrium and Welfare Optimality," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1829, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & N'Gbo, Ake, 2000. "Cross-subsidies and network expansion in developing countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 797-805, May.
- Clarke, George R.G. & Wallsten, Scott J., 2002. "Universal(ly bad) service - providing infrastructure services to rural and poor urban consumers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2868, The World Bank.
- H. Cremer & F. Gasmi & A. Grimaud & J. J. Laffont, 2001. "Universal Service: An economic perspective," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 72(1), pages 5-43, 03.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, December.
- Antonio Estache & O. Chisari & Catherine Waddams Price, 2003.
"Access by the poor in Latin America's utility reform: Subsidies and service obligations,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/44068, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Chisari, Omar O. & Estache, Antonio & Waddams Price, Catherine, 2001. "Access by the Poor in Latin America's Utility Reform Subsidies and Service Obligations," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Antonio Estache & L. Wren-Lewis, 2008. "Towards a Theory of Regulation for Developing Countries: Following Laffont's Lead," Working Papers ECARES 2008_018, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Straub, Stephane, 2008.
"Infrastructure and development : a critical appraisal of the macro level literature,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4590, The World Bank.
- Stephane Straub, 2011. "Infrastructure and Development: A Critical Appraisal of the Macro-level Literature," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(5), pages 683-708.
- Stephane Straub, 2008. "Infrastructure and Development: A Critical Appraisal of the Macro-level Literature," ESE Discussion Papers 178, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Estache, Antonio & Wren-Lewis, Liam, 2010.
"What Anti-Corruption Policy Can Learn from Theories of Sector Regulation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8082, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antonio Estache & Liam Wren-Lewis, 2010. "What Anti-Corruption Policy Can Learn from Theories of Sector Regulation," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2010-033, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Strand, Jon, 2012.
"Low-level versus high-level equilibrium in public utility services,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 163-172.
- Strand, Jon, 2011. "Low-level versus high-level equilibrium in public utility service," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5723, The World Bank.
- Jean-Christophe Poudou & Lionel Thomas, 2010. "On optimal regulation of price and R&D with asymmetric information," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 251-269, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.