Universal Service: An economic perspective
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics.
Volume (Year): 72 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (03)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1370-4788
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arturo Vásquez & Raúl García & Edwin Quintanilla & Julio Salvador & David Orosco, 2012. "Acceso a la Energía en el Perú : Algunas Opciones de Política," Working Papers 29, OSINERGMIN, Oficina de Estudios Economicos.
- Estache, Antonio & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Xinzhu Zhang, 2004. "Universal service obligations in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3421, The World Bank.
- Eric P. Chiang & Janice A. Hauge, 2007. "Funding Universal Service: The Effect of Telecommunications Subsidy Programs on Competition and Retail Prices," Working Papers 07-08, NET Institute, revised Aug 2007.
- Nucciarelli, Alberto & Sadowski, Bert M. & Ruhle, Ernst-Olav, 2012. "Should next generation access networks fall within the scope of universal service? A EU 27 perspective," 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 60393, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Anillo, Andrea & Boehm, Frédéric & Polo-Otero, José, 2014. "Governance Matters: Universal Access to Water," MPRA Paper 54820, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Axel Gautier & Xavier Wauthy, 2010.
"Competitively Neutral Universal Service Obligations,"
CREPP Working Papers
1008, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Gautier, Axel & Wauthy, Xavier, 2012. "Competitively neutral universal service obligations," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 254-261.
- GAUTIER, Axel & WAUTHY, Xavier, 2010. "Competitively neutral universal service obligations," CORE Discussion Papers 2010061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- GAUTIER, Axel & WAUTHY, Xavier Yves, . "Competitively neutral universal service obligations," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2455, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Estache, Antonio & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Zhang, Xinzhu, 2006.
"Universal service obligations in LDCs: The effect of uniform pricing on infrastructure access,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1155-1179, August.
- Antonio Estache & Jean-Jacques Laffont & Xinzhu Zhang, 2006. "Universal Service Obligations in LDCs: The Effect of Uniform Pricing on Infrastructure Access," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43913, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & Jean-Jacques Laffont & Xinzhu Zhang, 2006. "Universal service obligations in LDCs: the effect of uniform pricing on infrastructure access," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13366, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- GAUTIER, Axel & POUDOU, Jean-Christophe, 2013. "Reforming the postal universal service," CORE Discussion Papers 2013024, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dolente, Cosimo & Galea, John Joseph & Leporelli, Claudio, 2010. "Next Generation Access and Digital Divide: Opposite Sides of the Same Coin?," 21st European Regional ITS Conference, Copenhagen 2010: Telecommunications at new crossroads - Changing value configurations, user roles, and regulation 9, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Levine, Paul L & Rickman, Neil & Tzavara, Dionisia, 2002.
"Market Entry and Roll-out With Product Differentiation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3237, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tzavara, Dionisia & Paul Levine & Neil Rickman, 2002. "Market entry and roll-out with product differentiation," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 176, Royal Economic Society.
- Mirabel, F. & Poudou, J.-C. & Roland, M., 2009. "Universal service obligations: The role of subsidization schemes," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-9, February.
- Calzada, Joan, 2009. "Universal service obligations in the postal sector: The relationship between quality and coverage," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 10-20, February.
- Joan Calzada & Xavier Fageda, 2012. "Discounts and Public Service Obligations in the Airline Market: Lessons from Spain," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 291-312, June.
- Christian Jaag & Urs Trinkner, 2011. "The future of the USO - Economic rationale for universal services and implications for a future-oriented USO," Working Papers 0026, Swiss Economics.
- Mirabel, Francois & Poudou, Jean-Christophe, 2004.
"Mechanisms of funding for Universal Service Obligations: the electricity case,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 801-823, September.
- Boldron, François & Cremer, Helmuth & De Donder, Philippe & Joram, Denis & Roy, Bernard, 2007. "Social costs and benefits of the universal service obligation in the postal market," IDEI Working Papers 456, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Eric Chiang & Janice Hauge & Mark Jamison, 2007. "Subsidies and distorted markets: Do telecom subsidies affect competition?," Working Papers 07002, Department of Economics, College of Business, Florida Atlantic University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.