Allocating and funding universal service obligations in a competitive market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 20 (2002)
Issue (Month): 9 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & N'Gbo, Ake, 2000. "Cross-subsidies and network expansion in developing countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 797-805, May.
- Armstrong, Mark & Doyle, Chris & Vickers, John, 1996.
"The Access Pricing Problem: A Synthesis,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 131-50, June.
- Armstrong, M. & Doyle, C. & Vickers, J., 1995. "The access pricing problem: a synthesis," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9532, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Crémer, Jacques, 2000.
"Network externalities and Universal Service Obligation in the Internet,"
Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole
http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Cremer, Jacques, 2000. "Network externalities and universal service obligation in the internet," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 1021-1031, May.
- Valletti, Tommaso M & Hoernig, Steffen & Barros, Pedro P, 2002.
"Universal Service and Entry: The Role of Uniform Pricing and Coverage Constraints,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 169-90, March.
- Hoernig, Steffen & Pita Barros, Pedro Luis & Valletti, Tommaso, 2001. "Universal Service and Entry: the Role of Uniform Pricing and Coverage Constraints," CEPR Discussion Papers 2789, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gasmi, Farid & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Sharkey, William, 1999.
"Competition, Universal Service and Telecommunications Policy in Developing Countries,"
IDEI Working Papers
92, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gasmi, F. & Laffont, J. J. & Sharkey, W. W., 2000. "Competition, universal service and telecommunications policy in developing countries," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 221-248, September.
- Anton, James J. & Vander Weide, James H. & Vettas, Nikolaos, 1999.
"Strategic Pricing and Entry under Universal Service and Cross-Market Price Constraints,"
99-04, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Anton, James J & Vander Weide, James H & Vettas, Nikolaos, 1998. "Strategic Pricing and Entry under Universal Service and Cross-Market Price Constraints," CEPR Discussion Papers 1922, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- GAUTIER, Axel & WAUTHY, Xavier, 2010.
"Competitively neutral universal service obligations,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2010061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gautier, Axel & Wauthy, Xavier, 2012. "Competitively neutral universal service obligations," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 254-261.
- Axel Gautier & Xavier Wauthy, 2010. "Competitively Neutral Universal Service Obligations," CREPP Working Papers 1008, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- GAUTIER, Axel & WAUTHY, Xavier Yves, . "Competitively neutral universal service obligations," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2455, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wauthy, Xavier, 2012. "competitively neutral universal service obligation," Open Access publications from UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain info:hdl:2078.3/118977, Université catholique de Louvain.
- Laura Ilie & Ramiro Losada, 2004. "Endogenous Financing Of The Universal Service," Economics Working Papers we044116, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Ramiro Losada, 2004. "On The Definition Of Affordable Prices Under Universal Service Obligations," Economics Working Papers we044015, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Mirabel, Francois & Poudou, Jean-Christophe, 2004.
"Mechanisms of funding for Universal Service Obligations: the electricity case,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 801-823, September.
- Mirabel, F. & Poudou, J.-C., 2003. "Mechanisms of Funding for Universal Service Obligations: the Electricity Case," Cahiers du CREDEN (CREDEN Working Papers) 03.11.41, CREDEN (Centre de Recherche en Economie et Droit de l'Energie), Faculty of Economics, University of Montpellier 1.
- Bourreau, Marc & Cambini, Carlo & Hoernig, Steffen, 2012.
"Geographic Access Rules and Investments,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9013, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenneth Fjell & Øystein Foros & Debashis Pal, 2006.
"Endogenous Average Cost Based Access Pricing,"
University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series
2006-01, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Ilie, Laura & Losada, Ramiro, . "Endogenous financing of the universal service," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/324, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Antonio Estache & L. Wren-Lewis, 2008. "Towards a Theory of Regulation for Developing Countries: Following Laffont's Lead," Working Papers ECARES 2008_018, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Losada, Ramiro, . "On the definition of affordable prices under universal service obligations," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/323, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Losada, Ramiro, . "Should network operators be allowed to build joint facilities?," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/322, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Mirabel, F. & Poudou, J.-C. & Roland, M., 2009. "Universal service obligations: The role of subsidization schemes," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-9, February.
- Beschorner, Patrick Frank Ernst, 2008. "Liberalization of the Postal Service Market in Europe: Entry with Universal Service and Partial Coverage," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-122, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Holthausen, Cornelia & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2005. "Incorporating a "public good factor" into the pricing of large-value payment systems," Working Paper Series 0507, European Central Bank.
- Ramiro Losada, 2004. "Should Network Operators Be Allowed To Build Joint Facilities?," Economics Working Papers we043914, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.